Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 283 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

freddie.gif
    images-2.jpeg
    images-9.jpeg
    images-11.jpeg
    pict1001.nar.jpg
    114464.jpg
    images-3.jpeg
    images-3.jpeg
    queen_pinball.jpg
    Unknown.jpeg
    images-22.jpeg
    images-363.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    images-1-508.jpeg
    Queen.jpg
    images-1.jpeg
    There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
    #251 8 years ago

I'd buy a Queen Pinball.
    I'd say it's just a matter of time .

#252 8 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I don't believe it was a cash grab, just like the recent tour with Adam. It was all about getting the songs performed again for people (like me) who never saw them live with Freddie. In many of his interviews, he shrugged off the notion of musical integrity, which I get.

John Deacon wasn't even there. You had half of Queen...not even close to the same thing. Deacon was the only one with enough sense to know when to quit. If you want to see the real Queen just watch a video of their concerts with freddie and turn the volume way up.

#253 8 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

John Deacon wasn't even there. You had half of Queen...not even close to the same thing. Deacon was the only one with enough sense to know when to quit. If you want to see the real Queen just watch a video of their concerts with freddie and turn the volume way up.

That is your opinion, and you are welcomed to it. I disagree.

Deacon retired. Yes, I wish he was there, but has had some issues on his own. All I know is I loved seeing Roger and Brian - both times and believed that Freddie would have wanted it. After all, The Show Must Go On right?

#254 8 years ago

I remember back when "I want to break free" got played on some music video station (The Box maybe?) and all the guys we employed went crazy about it "Look at that fnckin *aggot !!!", "I'd kill him with my bare hands!", "What if my kids saw that?????".

Americans in the mid 80s (at least the red states), were not ready for "That kind of queen".

pict1001.nar.jpgpict1001.nar.jpg

#255 8 years ago

I have a question about Queen and this is just a curiosity. Were they all gay or was it just Freddie. He was rather flamboyant for the times. I don't know much of their history

#256 8 years ago

Just Freddie. But he was gay enough for all four of them.

#257 8 years ago

The Queen YouTube page has over 100 million views so they certainly still have some level of relavency. That being said no chance Stern makes a pin.

Why not just retheme an IMVE?

#258 8 years ago

Put me down for an LE!

#259 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I have a question about Queen and this is just a curiosity. Were they all gay or was it just Freddie. He was rather flamboyant for the times. I don't know much of their history

Technically he was bi-sexual. And I don't believe the "Americans couldn't handle a queer/red states" theories. Cue Elton John and many others.

Freddie didn't want to go back to the US unless they had a #1 album, and their record company dropped marketing resources. So that is the story. He never really came out on his sexuality, that was released far later. In fact he only disclosed he had aids the day before he died. He was a very private person and the band stopped touring after 86 anyway. I'm sure they would have toured again at some point, but he was a big drinker as well and in the end, stopped taking his medication to hasten his death. What he did do, is literally record until he was unable to. He kept going when most people would have retired with the news. Because of his decision, we have the albums of The Miracle, Innuendo, and Made in Heaven. It's a pity we don't have a bit more - for their songwriting really reached new levels after 87.

Innuendo itself is a masterpiece. Before he recorded THE SHOW MUST GO ON, May gave the song to him and they obviously knew what the lyrics were about. Freddie slammed down a large vodka on the rocks, and said something to the effect of "Let's do this f#$%^ing thing" The one thing he didn't have time to do was film a video for the song which is a big loss to the world.

One thing nobody can ever take away from his legacy is on every song - he gave it everything he had. Even the ones he didn't write or like.

#260 8 years ago

You, sir, are absolutely correct!

#261 8 years ago

Maybe a Queen machine with "it's a Kind of Magic" styling. I don't know though. A funny story. Years ago my band would do "another one bites the dust" at the beginning of the second set. Our singer would dress like Freddie and really pull it off well. One night he got really into it and jumped up onto a table in the crowd and stood up into a ceiling fan running at full speed. I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe.

#262 8 years ago

Methos that is very very interesting and I had no idea. It sounds like he was a very interesting and complex person as well as a talented person. Thanks for the education. The world lost a great talent when he died. If done right queen pin could be pretty great. If stern didn't cheap out as they often do. It would have to be something unique and awesome not the same shit with different packaging

#263 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Methos that is very very interesting and I had no idea. It sounds like he was a very interesting and complex person as well as a talented person. Thanks for the education. The world lost a great talent when he died. If done right queen pin could be pretty great. If stern didn't cheap out as they often do. It would have to be something unique and awesome not the same shit with different packaging

That was probably a bit too much info.

Like everyone else, I knew the old stuff. I went over to the UK in 92, the year after he died. As I left Gatwick airport, I remember seeing "Freddie Lives" spay painted on an interstate wall. I thought it was interesting. The whole country was in mourning, and my uncle one night over many pints, played a few Queen videos for me. I asked for BICYCLE RACE. He laughed and said it was rubbish and put on WANT TO BREAK FREE, and some live material from The Works. I never heard that music before..and I was into metal and classic rock and roll. Something about their delivery and Freddie's performance felt more real and genuine than anything else I had seen...I was hooked.

#264 8 years ago

0Weird. Me and my friends in high school (we considered ourselves "cool", into sports, hot rods, and "chicks" in the early 80's knew Freddie was as gay as could be, and we didn't give a shit. Yeah, we laughed about it a bit, but virtually of my friends thought Queen and Freddie were bad ass musicians and we loved their music. None of us were ever even remotely afraid to "admit" that. We cranked their tunes in our Camaro's and Mustang's and Nova's.

I have a coule of their live tours on Blu-ray. Freddie was one hell of a live performer!

I'd love to see a Queen pin.

#265 8 years ago

We listened to Queen II when hardly anybody knew who they were. Saw them live in the late 70s and they killed it. That was some 40 years ago and another lifetime. So I really don't see the point now.

#266 8 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

And I don't believe the "Americans couldn't handle a queer/red states" theories. Cue Elton John and many others.

Same thing with Elton John.

I don't know how old you were at the time, but when EJ said in Rolling Stone that he was **Bi-Sexual** his popularity dropped like a stone. All the morning radio jocks had nothing but EJ jokes for years.

Latter EJ said that he was trying to soften the blow, by telling the public he was Bi, when really he was Homosexual.

It took him 20 years to get another #1 single (the recycled "Candle in the Wind" for Princess Di).

#268 8 years ago

A Queen pin may be the world's first pin with a Freddie Mercury gay bash toy. Might be popular with the bigots and red necks.

#269 8 years ago

Oh.... f****

SLAYER RULES!!!!!

#270 8 years ago

OK. Good. Now that the gay bashing seems to have died out, let's get back to encouraging Gary to build a Queen pin because it will sell incredibly well and expand his market particularly in Asia, Europe, Australia and parts of the USA also, thereby introducing more people to the pinball world which we all love.

images-11.jpegimages-11.jpeg

images-9.jpegimages-9.jpeg

images-2.jpegimages-2.jpeg

#271 8 years ago

Freddy is a God of rock. If you have a problem with his homosexuality then you have a problem. If Freddy was an axe murderer it wouldnt make his music and performance any less. The man ROCKS full stop.

#272 8 years ago

freddie.giffreddie.gif

#273 8 years ago
    Quoted from Aussiepinwiz:

OK. Good. Now that the gay bashing seems to have died out, let's get back to encouraging Gary to build a Queen pin because it will sell incredibly well and expand his market particularly in Asia, Europe, Australia and parts of the USA also, thereby introducing more people to the pinball world which we all love.

Uhh who was gay bashing? I don't believe anyone said anything that was anywhere near gay bashing.

10 months later
    3 years later
    #275 4 years ago

stumbled on this youtube video.. description seems to imply this is the layout that Heighway was potentially going to release

#276 4 years ago

Well the musical choices for that table almost all suck.

Wheres Stone cold Crazy? that's by far their best pinball music. That would be the big issue with a Queen pin, popular queen songs that just aren't for a pin.

#277 4 years ago

Not seen that video.

Queen Live was their next title.

A great Queen game would be a huge seller.

Surely someone is going to do it?

#278 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hazoff:

Well the musical choices for that table almost all suck.
    Wheres Stone cold Crazy? that's by far their best pinball music. That would be the big issue with a Queen pin, popular queen songs that just aren't for a pin.

Pinball browser would be your friend, maybe.

#279 4 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Pinball browser would be your friend, maybe.

It should be my best friend. And I have a music studio in my basement with deep knowledge of protools and editing yet I've never done it. Why? because I'm stupid.

#280 4 years ago

Well, lets hope someone makes one so we have opportunity to song swap!

#281 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

stumbled on this youtube video.. description seems to imply this is the layout that Heighway was potentially going to release

Layout is pretty good. Holy god the song clips they attached to this are bad lol sounds like a skipping CD player!

#282 4 years ago

That was a very early prototype quickly knocked together. The song list was chosen by Mr Highway and Mr Sanders. Queen's most popular music isn't a great fit for a pinball game, so I had to create a unique gameplay experience.

For the record hazoff, any fool that thinks Queen's music sucks, clearly has no taste whatsoever.

There are 283 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gary-heres-why-queen-should-be-a-stern-music-pin/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.