Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 283 posts
  • 104 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by Daditude
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

freddie.gif
    images-2.jpeg
    images-9.jpeg
    images-11.jpeg
    pict1001.nar.jpg
    114464.jpg
    images-3.jpeg
    images-3.jpeg
    queen_pinball.jpg
    Unknown.jpeg
    images-22.jpeg
    images-363.jpeg
    images-2.jpeg
    images-1-508.jpeg
    Queen.jpg
    images-1.jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#238 8 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Think through it...the majority of the planet loves the later material (as do I). In the USA, no one knows Queen existed after Hot Space. I've seen them twice (without Freddie obviously) and it always irked me off that they change their set lists for America so much from the norm....
    So is pin is done. Your song and art selection would need to be different.
    Looking at your list, all those artists are dead or not performing anymore for a long time, except Madonna. When it is all said and done, I think Freddie was one of the most talented musicians of all time, in terms of performance. My favorite period was the Magic - Innuendo period...they really settled in and made some great music. If only....

I know they existed after Hot Space...in fact, I grabbed Freddie's arm during the Hot Space tour. Spent the whole concert leaning on the front of the stage. I'm such a fan I went to Montreaux just to see his statue and see where Mountain Studios was.

As to the Innuendo album, I remember hearing the first track on that album (Innuendo), and when Freddie's voice went all the way up on "till the end of time!", I couldn't believe his voice was back. He'd been struggling in years past. Who knew then that it was because his voice had changed due to his illness.

What a great loss. I cried when he died, and nearly threw up when Queen did their first cash grab and toured with Paul Rodgers. That's like Led Zeppelin without Robert Plant. Disgusting.

But I'm really not sure a Queen pin would work, quite frankly. But man, I'd sure love to see that giant Queen crest right in the middle of my playfield!

#240 8 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

When I was a Freshman in high school I liked Queen and someone told me " they suck because they are gay and that is why they don't tour in America much". I had no opinions on homosexuality at the time as I never though about it but I stopped listening to them. I regret that because I love their music now and I think Freddie was a incredibly talented guy regardless of my opinion homosexuality. I don't support the act or the lifestyle but that shouldn't take away from appreciating his music.
    I say this because I believe that Freddie being gay is the reason they weren't as popular in America and the reason they changed their lineup. I could be wrong. One thing though, FREDDY Mercury did not flaunt his lifestyle. He lived his life and did what he did and while he didn't hide it he was just Freddie. The same goes for Elton John.

He'd do well today, though. Seems everything in America is unicorns and rainbows shooting out of everybody's ass.

Not that there's anything wrong with that...

#252 8 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

I don't believe it was a cash grab, just like the recent tour with Adam. It was all about getting the songs performed again for people (like me) who never saw them live with Freddie. In many of his interviews, he shrugged off the notion of musical integrity, which I get.

John Deacon wasn't even there. You had half of Queen...not even close to the same thing. Deacon was the only one with enough sense to know when to quit. If you want to see the real Queen just watch a video of their concerts with freddie and turn the volume way up.

#256 8 years ago

Just Freddie. But he was gay enough for all four of them.

#260 8 years ago

You, sir, are absolutely correct!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gary-heres-why-queen-should-be-a-stern-music-pin?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.