IMG_9380 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9381 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9379 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9376 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9377 (resized).jpeg
foo-fighters-topper-3 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240506_230529124 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

35 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 13,656 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 274.
#351 1 year ago
Quoted from dpadam450:

Been thinking about different mods. There are purple spider robots on various parts of art. Thought about just clipping it right onto the wireform. My game comes tomorrow and will be trying to knock out some mods.[quoted image]

Look great to me

#352 1 year ago
Quoted from foozle:

I played a Pro several times and noticed two issues. One is the ball would get stuck on the middle drop down target (in front of modulator) after the middle target is down and the bottom target is up. The ball find would get it out but would launch the ball pretty hard into the glass every time. The other issue, if an actual issue, was on a full plunge the ball would hit something before it could go all around and just fall into the flipper area. Didn't happen very time - maybe 1 in 5 times.
Anyone else notice these and if so, is there a way to correct them? I'm also following the premium/pro discussion as I'm on the fence right now between which to get. Thanks

1 that’s pinball. That’s 3 count drops. If tilt is set reasonable can shake it out of stuck position
2 that’s pinball, will adjust over time, or one could try to make subtle tweaks to the alignment of the plunger, possibly even add a washer underneath the rubber tip so that the plunger strikes with more force

If you’re on the fence, just get the premium. Pros will always be easier to find in the future if you ever wanted to switch to pro.

#353 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Was wondering if the physical knocker upgrade was worth it. Guess I’ll feel that one out. Did get the shaker though, hd glass, and the pinwoofer and CDU.
Saw the fans, but not too familiar with just how necessary those are on something like this, etc. they are a decent amount of money and it seems like the install… while easy…. isn’t super clean.

The knocker is 100% not necessary. I just really love the tactile feel of it when you get a free game. That's probably not worth the money for most people but it is for me.

As for fans, eh I'm probably not good enough to need them but I WANT to be. From reading about them, the game strikes me as about middling to upper risk for fade and we need to see more people play it, but i also want to just bash out these sorts of mods while the game is new otherwise I probably won't do it unless it gets really bad. Also, I spent a lot of my career working IT. I tend to go to needing cooling fans by default.

#354 1 year ago

On the pro vs premium debate (disclaimer, I currently have a premium in my game room).

1. The fact that there is even a debate shows how much effort was put into making the pro a great machine. JD said he specifically made design decisions (like using the same playfield for all three models) so he could save money to put more stuff in the pro.
2. Yes the pro is a great machine. It should be a little faster without the upper playfield.
3. The deadpost is a wonderful pinball experience. It is NOT the same as the ball save on the pro. The deadpost is not guaranteed. Depending on the pace of the ball you sometimes have to nudge up to get it to the flipper. I’ve had several times where I released the left flipper a fraction too soon and knocked the ball back into the drain. It’s not just another ball save.
4. The upper playfield is fun! It’s a really good mix of having shots that are hittable while still not being up there too long.
5. The Overlord sculpt is fantastic. It’s a big upgrade over the stacked plastics.
6. The magnet under the Overlord has a lot of potential. Right now it only rattles the ball around underneath him in 90% of cases but it does activate when the ball is shot underneath him without locking and does fire the ball back with some extra pace. I’d like to see if they put in some sort of capture risk in future code updates where he can affect the ball path when the ball is near him.
7. Expression lights are said to be amazing per JD on this title and you can only get those on Premium models.

I got a Premium because I signed up very early for a TPF show game and felt the Premium was the way to go after the initial gameplay trailer (big Foo Fighters fan so that factored in too) and once I saw other gameplay streams I still felt it was worth the extra money. Also, I figured if I ever wanted to downgrade it wouldn’t be hard to find a pro and sell my premium.

Having played my premium last night for about 3 hours I can say it isn’t going anywhere!

#355 1 year ago
Quoted from pinbuoy:

Unless you have a scaredy-cat dog

Or a wife.

#356 1 year ago

My Foo Pro gets delivered this morning. Let’s go!!!!!

#357 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

My Foo Pro gets delivered this morning. Let’s go!!!!!

Photos

#358 1 year ago

The bot frenzy music is fantastic! It’s an 8-bit type version of Monkey Wrench. It’s too damn cute.

#359 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

The bot frenzy music is fantastic! It’s an 8-bit type version of Monkey Wrench. It’s too damn cute.

I was so surprised when I heard the chiptune Monkey Wrench. That was NOT in the demo video! I love it!

#360 1 year ago

Don’t need a PF protector. Ruins the feel and ball movement. Also ruins the art when it starts to bubble and lift. Also, changes the height of everything on PF, raising it compared to switches and targets etc.

Don’t do a protector. There is absolutely no need.

These games are built like tanks. Just clean and wax every 500-1000 games and you’re good. 100%

Quoted from Herkbubba:

Newb here.
- playfield protector

#361 1 year ago

Has anyone posted a photo of their Foo in an epic lineup of rock pins?
I'm a sucker for themed lineups.(also want to see GF / PF / BL / Aliens lineup for a 20th century movie lineup)

#362 1 year ago

Thinking of putting down a deposit on a Pro today. Anyone have any regrets on the machine after buying it? This would be my 6th pinball owned and first Stern.

#363 1 year ago
Quoted from 1963BSARGS:

The guy that said they were shipping in the other thread later admitted he was lying.

Oh!

#364 1 year ago

Making room this morning for FOO to get its spot in the game room. Which do you think was voted out (but family said keep it a little longer and move to living room)?

Foo Foo Foo….

1D833E1A-DD70-475A-919F-9BF8574D98FB (resized).jpeg1D833E1A-DD70-475A-919F-9BF8574D98FB (resized).jpeg
#365 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Making room this morning for FOO to get its spot in the game room. Which do you think was voted out (but family said keep it a little longer and move to living room)?
Foo Foo Foo….
[quoted image]

Turtles

#366 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Foo Foo Foo….
[quoted image]

For me it'd be Mando, but a lot of people dig it

#367 1 year ago

NOT Godzilla? The other 3 are a toss up.

#368 1 year ago
Quoted from thekiyote:

The knocker is 100% not necessary. I just really love the tactile feel of it when you get a free game. That's probably not worth the money for most people but it is for me.
As for fans, eh I'm probably not good enough to need them but I WANT to be. From reading about them, the game strikes me as about middling to upper risk for fade and we need to see more people play it, but i also want to just bash out these sorts of mods while the game is new otherwise I probably won't do it unless it gets really bad. Also, I spent a lot of my career working IT. I tend to go to needing cooling fans by default.

Haha thanks. As an IT guy and electronic tinkerer, one of the things I look forward to most is adding all of this stuff, so I get that and I’m far more likely to do it up front. Already going to be forever until I play the thing since I have like a ton of stuff to bolt on. Should be fun!

I’ll read more about the fade thing. I get the concept but would like to see more about the need on this actual game and also in how much the fans help to reduce it.

As for the knocker, not sure I know the difference between the new fake ones and a real one, so I’ll probably be okay. Better to not piss off the wife and dog according to other comments lol.

#369 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

Foo Foo Foo….
[quoted image]

I'd move Mando, just because it's the only one that wasn't done by Zombie Yeti.

#370 1 year ago
Quoted from Groo:

NOT Godzilla? The other 3 are a toss up.

Right! That is home the family discussion started….

#371 1 year ago
Quoted from MikeS:

I'd move Mando, just because it's the only one that wasn't done by Zombie Yeti.

Great point!

#372 1 year ago
Quoted from Sonics99:

Haha thanks. As an IT guy and electronic tinkerer, one of the things I look forward to most is adding all of this stuff, so I get that and I’m far more likely to do it up front. Already going to be forever until I play the thing since I have like a ton of stuff to bolt on. Should be fun!
I’ll read more about the fade thing. I get the concept but would like to see more about the need on this actual game and also in how much the fans help to reduce it.

Yeah, I've just been going mostly by this post: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/godzilla-speaker-upgrade-and-flipper-fade#post-7460516

Stern seems to be prone to this problem and, from the bit I've played of FF, I think it's going to be an issue for some of the longer games (or friends and family playing without a break), but also, to be completely fair, you can probably DIY fix a good-enough solution for less than $20 worth of parts. Just grab a few small fans off of amazon, rig a mount nearby and hook them up to a 5v supply. (edit: If you want to do it right, this guy has a diagram, with the diode and 1amp resistor you need, and he hooks directly up to the 12v power supply: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/diy-pinball-flipper-coil-fans#post-6962757)

Zens just look really cool the way they're mounted on. Probably shouldn't spend the money for that, buuuuut.....

#373 1 year ago

For the game coming today I have a new collection of mods I’ve made. Some have a few color options and for those playing at my house today for the home launch party, keychains and fliers (a few signed by Dead Flip) for everyone.

EBEF743C-A90F-4ECE-B7A5-5E0141E1C803 (resized).jpegEBEF743C-A90F-4ECE-B7A5-5E0141E1C803 (resized).jpeg
#374 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

For the game coming today I have a new collection of mods I’ve made. Some have a few color options and for those playing at my house today for the home launch party, keychains and fliers (a few signed by Dead Flip) for everyone. [quoted image]

stl for the overlord? You putting that in PF where it is on the premium?

#375 1 year ago
Quoted from JakePG:

stl for the overlord? You putting that in PF where it is on the premium?

That was a small test, I will print a larger one but I need to measure first and print with many more colors. Thanks for seeing that.

#376 1 year ago

Does this seem too busy ? The green/blue striping taken from the back of the prem cab

5D811B9E-2F46-4FB0-9064-70D70DE2787F (resized).png5D811B9E-2F46-4FB0-9064-70D70DE2787F (resized).png
#377 1 year ago

#378 1 year ago

If anyone is interested in trading they’re LE for a nib FFs prem and a loaded Alien LV plus cash my way lmk and I’ll gladly pay the Pinside fee .

#379 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Don’t need a PF protector. Ruins the feel and ball movement. Also ruins the art when it starts to bubble and lift. Also, changes the height of everything on PF, raising it compared to switches and targets etc.
Don’t do a protector. There is absolutely no need.
These games are built like tanks. Just clean and wax every 500-1000 games and you’re good. 100%

the pf shooter and drain's are typically hot garbage. Mylar does not protect it long. I would at minimum do a shooter lane protector.

#380 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Does this seem too busy ? The green/blue striping taken from the back of the prem cab[quoted image]

Too busy.
Straight bright blue might be best bet

#381 1 year ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

Too busy.
Straight bright blue might be best bet

Yeah was thinking that myself after looking at it a bit .Thanks for the feedback .

#382 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yeah was thinking that myself after looking at it a bit .Thanks for the feedback .

They make all kinds of awesome blues and some with flake like The Beatles.

#383 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

They make all kinds of awesome blues and some with flake like The Beatles.

Yeah I got Robotic Blue in vein done on IMDN looks killer

3EF0AB0F-789C-4308-9F60-E4A5A1BF174F (resized).jpeg3EF0AB0F-789C-4308-9F60-E4A5A1BF174F (resized).jpegD313B650-7F34-46DE-AFB2-3C995B3E491A (resized).jpegD313B650-7F34-46DE-AFB2-3C995B3E491A (resized).jpeg

#384 1 year ago

Looking for an LE if anyone knows of one? Would trade DP Premium + cash or just cash outright. I know it's a longshot, but thought I would put it out there. Thx

#385 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Easy now, im 63

Dirt says I remember when I was young the only thing around was hayfarmer.

#386 1 year ago
Quoted from TroyS:

For the game coming today I have a new collection of mods I’ve made. Some have a few color options and for those playing at my house today for the home launch party, keychains and fliers (a few signed by Dead Flip) for everyone. [quoted image]

Coin Returns and Shooter Plates look great!

#387 1 year ago
Quoted from Desmodromic:

Coin Returns and Shooter Plates look great!

Thanks! I will be getting them on the Market today.

#388 1 year ago

Have yet to see to any damage,
I have shooter lane protector in MET, works fine.
But I find on newer S2 Sterns, I prefer Mylar. Tried protectors and found it changes the feel also don’t like the edges created by the protector but Mylar, feels perfect, doesn’t change ball dynamics at all. And is protecting fine.

Quoted from northvibe:

the pf shooter and drain's are typically hot garbage. Mylar does not protect it long. I would at minimum do a shooter lane protector.

#389 1 year ago
Quoted from Jamesays:

Dirt says I remember when I was young the only thing around was hayfarmer.

And you're older than me????

#390 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

But I find on newer S2 Sterns, I prefer Mylar. Tried protectors and found it changes the feel also don’t like the edges created by the protector but Mylar, feels perfect, doesn’t change ball dynamics at all. And is protecting fine.

Really, you can lower the trough eject power down low enough to where the ball is practically trickling into the lane, so it’s almost like mylar is a bit overkill. But easy to add.

#391 1 year ago

Not a big deal really, at all. It’s the Easiest part of pinball for me. lol. Takes 3mins to install or replace. As easy as taking the glass off.
The benefits for me are worth it.

I also used a piece on my GZ magnet plastic under Bridge, to protect and prevent breaking.

Quoted from blizz81:

Really, you can lower the trough eject power down low enough to where the ball is practically trickling into the lane, so it’s almost like mylar is a bit overkill. But easy to add.

#392 1 year ago

Duplicate.

#393 1 year ago

Dang “Working from home” and waiting for a freight delivery truck with Foo is agony! Lol

#394 1 year ago

I’m not sure what shooter coil power has been used in other games, I lowered mine to 185 from 240 and have not seen any weakness in the ball delivery. Have others gone lower?

#395 1 year ago
Quoted from Apollo18:

Have yet to see to any damage,
I have shooter lane protector in MET, works fine.

mylar didn't stop wear on our rush/godzilla and munsters. If this is a home environment, then I suppose it would/may work for a while, but on route with 2-3k+ plays it won't hold up :/ easy enough to get one, annoying it needs it.

Oh man, my Met had the bad pf so clear was just flaking off in 250 plays :/

#396 1 year ago
Quoted from blizz81:

I have mine turned down on route all the way, which is what 175? and it for sure doesn't trickle....

#397 1 year ago
Quoted from PantherCityPins:

I’m not sure what shooter coil power has been used in other games, I lowered mine to 185 from 240 and have not seen any weakness in the ball delivery. Have others gone lower?

GZ, rush and munsters were all 180, but I noticed on FF that it went to 175 or so.... I concur, lowering power is good but it doesn't seem like it lowers much vs default.

#398 1 year ago
Quoted from northvibe:

GZ, rush and munsters were all 180, but I noticed on FF that it went to 175 or so.... I concur, lowering power is good but it doesn't seem like it lowers much vs default.

On DP and AIQ the adjustment starts at 64 and at least on AIQ I had to get up into I think the 140s or else it couldn't even successfully fire a ball into the lane consistently.

#399 1 year ago

I have two potential Grohl mod ideas. Stay tuned.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Lighting - Interactive
Rocket City Pinball

$ 26.50
$ 24.50
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Raiden Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
Cabinet - Other
BomberMods

$ 699.00
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

There are 13,656 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 274.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/foo-fighters-official-owners-club-rock-aliens/page/8?hl=kustomtheater and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.