(Topic ID: 76377)

Doctor Who Owners Club.....Time Lords Welcome!

By HoakyPoaky

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,575 posts
  • 445 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by pinballtoys
  • Topic is favorited by 197 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
Dalek7 (resized).JPG
Dalek33 (resized).JPG
Dalek32 (resized).JPG
TheDoctorWhoMiniPlayfieldv1.2.pdf (PDF preview)
Motor 3 (resized).JPG
Wires1 (resized).JPG
Rebuild18 (resized).JPG
GIBuzzBrown (resized).jpg
Back Board lights2 (resized).jpg
20240407_212554 (resized).jpg
DSCF2875 (resized).JPG
DSCF2874 (resized).JPG
Bally_1992_Doctor_Who_Mini_Playfield_Opto_Bank_Paper_Cover_Template.pdf (PDF preview)

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #194 Link to @pinball_faz 's Time Expander/Mini Playfield Guide Posted by pinball_faz (9 years ago)

Post #491 Link for 3-D Printed Dalek Playfield Posts. Posted by Pinballfantexas (9 years ago)

Post #696 Link to Alternative Whomobile Pinside Thread. Posted by swinks (8 years ago)

Post #1428 ColorDMD install with pics plus other cool things. Posted by ArcadeTechNerd (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boiler415.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#668 8 years ago

I may be joining the club today. I'm going to check out one a non-pinhead has. The guy has never done maintenance. He says the only issue is sometimes the Tardis won't kick out the ball. The playfield and mini-playfield both look good. Anything else I should look out for?

#685 8 years ago

I'm officially in the club! Needs a little work, though. Anyone have some sling plastics? Any new plastics will be protected with the Pinbits guards, I promise!

2 weeks later
#720 8 years ago

The one I just got has L-1 ROMS and the doctors don't carry over unless you transmat them. Video mode can also spot a doctor.

4 months later
#816 8 years ago

So I got a Dr. Who project a few months ago and am now just getting around to shopping it. It's very dirty and has some hacks but it's cleaning up nicely!

I have, however, run into an issue with the mini-playfield. I pulled it and used Faz's guide to get it apart. I cleaned it up and fixed anything I saw that was wrong. I also installed the full Cliffy set. After I put it back into the regular playfield I'm having raising/lowering issues. It appears to me that the front of the mini playfield is too close to the regular playfield now that the Cliffys are installed and the playfield edges are making contact/binding togther. What's the best way to adjust the mini-playfield forwards and backwards?

I'm also having a bit of a canting issue, as well as CCW rotation working well to raise the mini-playfield but CW binding up. I think these are related to the fact that I took off the adjustment plate but did not clamp the brackets before I put it back on. I'll be doing that tomorrow.

#821 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_faz:

Boiler415,
did you get a repro MPF from CPR? There have been reports of it being as much as 1/8 offset.
Slotting the brackets is a common fix.
You're spot on about the canting issue. Did you see the canting procedure? I added on IPDB:
http://mirror2.ipdb.org/files/738/Bally_1992_11_04_Doctor_Who_Manual_Amendment.pdf
faz

Yup, I just performed that procedure. There's still a little play side to side (while removed from the main playfield) but it's much improved. I just tracked down another wiring issue so now my lock lamps work. Woohoo!

I'm about to slot the main bracket and then I'll update. Thanks for the advice everyone!

PS: This is an original mini-playfield and not a repro.

#823 8 years ago

I slotted out the mini-playfield bracket mounting holes a little bit and now it's good to go! Now it's time to tackle the hacks under the playfield...

#824 8 years ago

This game has been hack-tastic. From foil wrapped around the batter holder leads to return springs replaced with rubber bands it's been an adventure so far. My favorite, however, is the Tardis popper coil. Apparently a wire broke off and the previous owner soldered one strand of the wire back to the coil. Awesome! I can't believe this guy didn't burn his house down. Pic was taken right after I cut the leads. With all the wire already wrapped around the leads I just decided to replace the coil.

20151230_221128_(resized).jpg20151230_221128_(resized).jpg

1 month later
#964 8 years ago

I was getting slower shots around the ramp, then I rebuilt my upper left flipper. Now it zips around there! I did put a new coil in too but only because the existing one got partially melted on the ID. I'd try a flipper rebuild if you haven't done one in awhile.

3 months later
#1079 7 years ago

I'd be interested in a patched rom as well.

1 year later
#1550 6 years ago
Quoted from noahd42:

Found the culprit. This little guy keeps popping out and then the whole mechanism fails. Not sure on the best way to secure him back in. Doesn't appear to be soldered or anything on the other flippers.

Both of the things you've highlighted are issues. The leaf switch can't make consistent contact when bent back like that and the roll pin obviously needs to stay in. You can bend the switch back if you want. However, I'd recommend buying a flipper rebuild kit. They're around $25 on pinball life and contain all the parts that are causing you trouble for both the left and right flippers. If you don't want to do any work yourself you can buy a completely built (including mounting bracket) flipper assembly for $40.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus

4,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gresham, OR
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
Slap Save Creations

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.50
Playfield - Plastics
Pinball Haus

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

3,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Ronkonkoma, NY
$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Bartlett, IL
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

£ 110.00

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Boiler415.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/doctor-who-owners-clubtime-lords-welcome?tu=Boiler415 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.