172 (resized).jpg
171 (resized).jpg
170 (resized).jpg
169 (resized).jpg
168a (resized).jpg
167 (resized).jpg
166a (resized).jpg
164a (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I get it, that's why i bought Woz for $6500 5 years ago.
It's whatever floats your boat. I'm happy for you and anybody else that gets it and loves it for whatever reason.
I acknowledge that I'm stupid for paying $9500 for a BM66LE but its just beyond belief that people can justify this pin for $9500 as a great deal because it has a lot of "stuff" in it.
Prices are a joke for both BM66 and this one. At least Stern isn't so arrogant to not offer up another version like the premium at a much lower price.
That is what annoys the F out of me with JJP, but maybe that's just me, I doubt it.

Jack said on the google group that a standard version will be made without the powder coat, invisiglass and shaker. A price has not been determined yet.

#374 7 years ago
Quoted from volcanodiver:

Where I don't see any post about that on rgp

Sorry for not being clear. The WOZ owners google group.

#445 7 years ago
Quoted from dirtbag66:

Sad thing is, even if JJP comes out and says they want $7000 for the LE, people will still bitch and say it's only worth $6500. And if they say $6500, people will say $6000. And so on and so on.

I definitely only agree with that to the extent that only a small minority would be bitching at your stated price points. There is always going to be a small minority of complainers. However, the sales at those prices would be huge. The market has shown over the last 2 years that about $7500 is the right price for full featured games (equivalent to LE's Stern and JJP have been making) to sell in large quantities when the game is good. If it is a stinker in gameplay then they will even sit in distributor's warehouses at that price.

I suspect the number of unit sales for a great full-featured game would be about 2-1/2 to 3 times greater at the $7500 price point compared with the $9000 price point. Plus your distributors would be a whole lot happier not getting stuck holding inventory nobody wants to buy.

1 week later
#666 7 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

I saw someone in one of the posts suggest "Quantum City Chaos" which I think is the best I've heard.

Quantum City Chaos was from me last Sunday. I do still feel that name provides a better description of the theme and how a lot is happening in this fictional futuristic city setting. The phone is a feature player but the city appears to be the entire playfield and LCD. The "Chaos" term adds an excitement to the theme name that is missing with the "Dialed In" title or "Quantum City" title alone.

#668 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Too much of a mouthful for starters..

No more of a mouthful than Tales of the Arabian Nights, The Walking Dead, The Wizard of Oz, Attack from Mars, Lord of the Rings, etc.

#678 7 years ago
Quoted from joetechbob:

Shorten it up to Quantum Chaos.
If I remember correctly, the comic--or some other source--alluded to the phone causing disasters due to some sort of strange quantum mechanical effects/phenomena.
PS Personally I think 'Dialed In!' is fine. Don't love it. Don't hate it. It's just 'meh'.
PPS Played the game at expo and it kicked ass. That positive impression of the game probably made me care less about the name.

I thought about Quantum Chaos as well when I came up with Quantum City Chaos, but thought better of it since Quantum Chaos is a branch of physics and would make the game sound like a science game rather than an action/disaster game.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_chaos

#734 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If you say so.

I keep on thinking Roadshow every time I see the woman in the hat.

#742 7 years ago
Quoted from Manic:

I'm starting to like that manly, square jawed, woman robot thingie

It appears that her arm moves to block the ball, then I wonder what happens with the blocked ball?

#744 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballomatic:

It goes onto the Pinbot style playfield and either falls through the hole into the bumpers or off the front edge.

Thanks. I see it now. That is a nice nuance.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Lighting - Led
Lermods

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
$ 22.50
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

7,275 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Olanta, PA
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dcfan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dialed-in-is-awesome-yes-i-played-it?tu=dcfan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.