5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 34.
#51 7 years ago

Keith is definitely involved. But yeah, Ted is lead.

The game is a downright blast. I couldn't get enough of it at TPF, and it's going to be a while before I get to play it again. Pin-a-Go-Go is up in the air for me, and if I can't make that, the next opportunity to play it will be at Rocky Mountain Pinball Showdown in June or when JJP delivers my LE.

Luckily my Ghostbusters LE playfield is due to be delivered on Friday. That's going to help make the wait a touch easier.

#52 7 years ago

Just put about a dozen games on it today its great from what i played had that just one more feel

20170330_130948 (resized).jpg20170330_130948 (resized).jpg

#53 7 years ago

As you can clearly see in the picture (thanks @schabs1) ordering from me (Kingpin Games) automatically doubles your factory warranty. That is how confident I am in my brother (eric) and the company he works for.

#54 7 years ago

Thanks to you for getting it out on location.

#55 7 years ago

Does anyone know how the ruleset is being designed for the game? Are the modes objective based that require a variety of shots to be hit or more "hit the switches" type modes? Has a mode count been released?

#56 7 years ago

Standard is cool too

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Does anyone know how the ruleset is being designed for the game? Are the modes objective based that require a variety of shots to be hit or more "hit the switches" type modes? Has a mode count been released?

Modes are objective. Hit this ramp, now hit this switch, hit this other ramp. I believe there are 11 modes.

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

Modes are objective. Hit this ramp, now hit this switch, hit this other ramp. I believe there are 11 modes.

Cool! Do you know if the 11 mode count include multiballs or are those separate?

#59 7 years ago

How does it all come together? I don't quite get it. Bob's something?, drone package delivery, spiders, quantum theatre....

#60 7 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

How does it all come together? I don't quite get it. Bob's something?, drone package delivery, spiders, quantum theatre....

I think everytime you complete a mode you can get a sim card. I think (might be wrong) that is by hitting the big bang. If you collect a sim card you light the dialed in inserts. That's 8 inserts? So maybe you need to complete 8 modes or a certain amount of modes and maybe a couple of supers in MB?

#61 7 years ago

No matter how great the flow of a pin is, if I don't like the theme, it's hard to get excited about it. Dialed In looks pretty cool, but I can't own every pin, so I will pass on this one. Now if it was this flow with an Elvira or monster theme, I would be all over it.
If you like the theme, buy it - it's a keeper.

#62 7 years ago

I sure wish we knew definitive ship dates on this game... the way pinball has been going with these manufacturers, their timelines are insanely unreliable. :-/

#63 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

I sure wish we knew definitive ship dates on this game... the way pinball has been going with these manufacturers, their timelines are insanely unreliable. :-/

4-5 weeks out for them to start coming off the assembly line. Operators are getting the first games, so standard editions before LEs and CEs.

#64 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

4-5 weeks out for them to start coming off the assembly line. Operators are getting the first games, so standard editions before LEs and CEs.

If that happens, awesome... but how many times have we heard "weeks" and have that translate into months if not a year?

#65 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

If that happens, awesome... but how many times have we heard "weeks" and have that translate into months if not a year?

Think of it as dog years.

When has any recent manufacturer ship a game on time?

#66 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

Yeah, for sure. I talked with some people at TPF who were pretty confident that Jack's 5-6 week claim was on point. I sure hope so.

#67 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Yeah, for sure. I talked with some people at TPF who were pretty confident that Jack's 5-6 week claim was on point. I sure hope so.

Jack's hug at LAX was proof enough for me that my LE will ship in June

#68 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

So if standards start rolling out in 5 weeks or so... I wonder how many they can manufacture in a week?

Jeff- Curious... what did you think after playing? Did it feel like an advanced copy of Lawlor titles? Kind of like TAF to RBION?

#69 7 years ago

I'm considering ordering all three models and when they arrive I can let you guys know which one I think is best.

#70 7 years ago
Quoted from 27dnast:

So if standards start rolling out in 5 weeks or so... I wonder how many they can manufacture in a week?
Jeff- Curious... what did you think after playing? Did it feel like an advanced copy of Lawlor titles? Kind of like TAF to RBION?

It definitely feels like a Lawlor game, with shots all over the place and good upper flipper action, but it's more of a flow layout that we've seen from Pat before. It's more TAF than RS, if that makes any sense.

#71 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It definitely feels like a Lawlor game, with shots all over the place and good upper flipper action, but it's more of a flow layout that we've seen from Pat before. It's more TAF than RS, if that makes any sense.

Can't wait to play this title!

#72 7 years ago

Is there anywhere I can play Dialed In in NY/NJ? I'm making a trip down to the Silverball Museum in Asbury Park NJ this weekend, and I just want to finally have a chance to play DI to form an opinion on it.

#73 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Is there anywhere I can play Dialed In in NY/NJ? I'm making a trip down to the Silverball Museum in Asbury Park NJ this weekend, and I just want to finally have a chance to play DI to form an opinion on it.

You could always go direct to the JJP factory if you're in NJ.

#74 7 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

You could always go direct to the JJP factory if you're in NJ.

I had thought of that, but I don't think Jack needs some middle aged Hawaiian shirted idiot banging on the windows over the weekend

#75 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I had thought of that, but I don't think Jack needs some middle aged Hawaiian shirted idiot banging on the windows over the weekend

Uh... Ted, any comment?

#76 7 years ago

I went from being disgusted from the theme to anxious to try the machine. Still a shitty theme and name, but it really looks like a great game

#77 7 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

I went from being disgusted from the theme to anxious to try the machine. Still a shitty theme and name, but it really looks like a great game

I think "Dialed In" as a names says it all.. This pin will be "Dialed In" the day it ships. Once people understand the game and the rules they will on board.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Once people understand the game and the rules they will on board.

Not all the people, no matter how great it plays I can't get past the theme, I'll play it on location but never will I buy this pin.

#80 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I think "Dialed In" as a names says it all.. This pin will be "Dialed In" the day it ships. Once people understand the game and the rules they will on board.

I am not in on Dialed In but had a chance to play it at PAPA last night! Well it didn't WOW me it was a fun game to play! Neat to see what Jack did with a standard size playfield! There is a lot of stuff packed into it and to learn! As frankmac stated, I think once the code improves the game will get even better!

I didn't like WoZ, mostly due to the theme, when it came out! After plating it I thought it was one of the best machines made! Enough that I pre-ordered TH, which I still have and have no plans on selling! I am not one to buy NIB machines, TH was my first and only, but if I had the money to do so I would consider Dialed In!

#81 7 years ago

Got to put in a bunch of games on the Dialed In at the Seattle Pinball Museum (it was on free play!) and it's really super fun. It definitely feels like Sim City Pinball, it's got a very clean, bright aesthetic with an overall family-friendly vibe and all the elements come together nicely. What's incredible is how amazingly smoothly it shoots, it plays beautifully - it even made the WOZ next to it feel clunky. The roving powerman stick target shot really fairly, which was nice, my only physical concern is that the theater return, which drops the ball to the tip of the left flipper, is going to be a nightmare if the machine isn't level. I also sort of wish there was a little more going on in the clear playfield above the pops, usually the ball just plops onto the playfield and it doesn't feel amazingly rewarding. Still, that's literally a tiny fraction of what's going on so it's not really a big deal. This game is so packed, it's great.

Something I'd like to see is a more frantic vibe with the callouts, some of the voices felt a little too low-key, and I'm curious how much more of a "story" will be introduced with the evil corporation. That's a great concept but there's very little happening with it right now. I'm not sure what level the code is currently at.

#82 7 years ago

The code on the game at the SPM will be updated today hopefully. Didn't get a read me file so not sure what is new however.

#83 7 years ago

They've done an awesome job of making it fun and playable right out of the gate - even if it was utterly barebones it would still be fun to shoot.

#84 7 years ago

I put roughly 10 games on this a couple weeks ago and walked away really impressed. Like not being on the radar as far as games to possibly buy, to really considering it. The whole family loved it. I was like many others who saw smart phone as a toy and said "absolutely not" but I came away appreciating the integration of the phone into the theme which is Lawlor disaster/sim city. As mentioned above, this thing feels like it weighs 1800 pounds and shoots like butter. Lots of satisfying shots. The code seems like it's about 2/3 of the way there and the LCD is pretty kick ass. My issues would be the Bob the Builder moving target and a few airballs/faulty ramp returns which were probably just set up issues. And although selfies go against everything I stand for, when the selfies were flying on the display we were all dying laughing. Good stuff.

#85 7 years ago

Had a chance to finally play this at MGC this weekend. It is really a fun machine. Flows great. Just wish it wasn't a bit out of my price range.

I think all those that have order the machine will be really happy with it over the long haul. Best JJP yet.

#86 7 years ago

I was totally sold on this game at TPF. I played it more than any other new game. This theme fits the name and it's not a cell phone game. Great theme and gameplay integration along with nice color choices. The shots are smooth and fast. It totally has that "one more game" thing going on. The LE looks amazing, but 9k is getting way to crazy for me. If history is an indicator, we will only have more expensive models in the future, not less expensive.

Big thank you to King Pin for bringing this to Texas. If I buy, your my seller. Great meeting you.

#87 7 years ago
Quoted from Nevus:

I was totally sold on this game at TPF. I played it more than any other new game. This theme fits the name and it's not a cell phone game. Great theme and gameplay integration along with nice color choices. The shots are smooth and fast. It totally has that "one more game" thing going on. The LE looks amazing, but 9k is getting way to crazy for me. If history is an indicator, we will only have more expensive models in the future, not less expensive.
Big thank you to King Pin for bringing this to Texas. If I buy, your my seller. Great meeting you.

Thanks for the shout out. Pleasure to meet you too.

#88 7 years ago

I just played a few games on it here at Abel Electronics in Michigan. Very "Lawlor-esque" game. Tight shots and a pretty immersive experience.

This machine makes a modern Stern feel like a Zizzle. Super solid and great attention to detail.

Still not a huge fan of the theme, but I could see picking one up on the HUO market someday.

#89 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

I wish! Maybe one day - game gets a lot of undeserved hate, looks pretty cool.
Also, don't wanna be that guy, but...

Why is it on JJP threads there is always one who plays the victim JJP games do not get bashed the way there fans think they do and certainly less then Stern and Highway

#90 7 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Why is it on JJP threads there is always one who plays the victim JJP games do not get bashed the way there fans think they do and certainly less then Stern and Highway

JJP and WOZ in particular got a lot of bashing in the past, hence the WOZ fan club thread rules so I think there is still a bit of sensitivity there.

Plus people like to defend what they like of course you can relate to that with Stern JY64

#91 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Allentown PA "PINFEST"is not too far away and Pinballstar has already announced they will have DI there.

#92 7 years ago

Wahoo,JJP.and "Dialed In" at PAGG 2017.36 daze away:)C U all there!!!

#93 7 years ago

My problem with this game is it's 9k which is just way too high. It's overpriced by at least 1500$ easily

#94 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

My problem with this game is it's 9k which is just way too high. It's overpriced by at least 1500$ easily

When Stern is charging $8k to $9k for their LE's that come with far less and are not made nearly as well I can't blame JJP for charging $9k. The game is still very expensive and is priced beyond what I feel comfortable spending on a pinball machine.

#95 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

When Stern is charging $8k to $9k for their LE's that come with far less and are not made nearly as well I can't blame JJP for charging $9k. The game is still very expensive and is priced beyond what I feel comfortable spending on a pinball machine.

Yeah I only buy pro's which are low 5's anything else is just too much ; doubt jack will ever capture that market until makes a cheaper game

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

Agreed. The game is WAY overpriced.

I drank the Woz kool aid for years and still love it, but at $6500.

The theme sucks, there are too many other pins coming out. Can't imagine this pin selling more than 500 or so at this price.

Bring on Toy Story JJP.

#97 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Agreed. The game is WAY overpriced.
I drank the Woz kool aid for years and still love it, but at $6500.
The theme sucks, there are too many other pins coming out. Can't imagine this pin selling more than 500 or so at this price.
Bring on Toy Story JJP.

Yea bc the quality made stern le's are so much cheaper......
Everything is way to expensive but that's just the way it is now . I mean look at what 6500 gets you these days a basic pin like rz, jetsons ., amh or 8300 for a fairly basic pin like afmr. I much perfer di and know a good many people purchasing it. It offers a heck of alot more at 8k than those pins imo. Pin market is crazy right now and eveyone is taking advantage while its hot.

#98 7 years ago

Nobody has a sneakin preview on the factory ?!
Are DI now in production ? WOZ is done ?? TH on a smaller line ?!

#99 7 years ago

The standard Dialed In at $8000 absolutely demolishes a Stern LE at roughly the same price in regards to features, build quality, and overall production value. Jack doesn't build a pro model. He creates a standard which is essentially a premium model and then he creates variants for collectors. Build less, sell for more.

Do I think $8000+ is crazy for a pinball machine? Sure, but it's definitely a whole lot more justified on a JJP machine than it is from any other builder right now.

Thanks to Batman '66, Dialed In looks like a straight bargain. The B66 SLE and LE models are probably the most insane and silly thing I've ever seen for a NIB game as far as the price to feature breakdown goes. That price scale definitely gave JJP a bit of a pass for what they're asking with Dialed In.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea bc the quality made stern le's are so much cheaper......
Everything is way to expensive but that's just the way it is now . I mean look at what 6500 gets you these days a basic pin like rz, jetsons ., amh or 8300 for a fairly basic pin like afmr.

Actually, despite some of the pf and cab issues, which has been WAY overblown, especially on the cab side and pf's have been rectified and being replaced, I'm loving the new Spike system, LCD and huge sound upgrade.

I agree with what you said above about what $6500 gets you today and AFMR, I don't like any of those, but an AS PRO is $5200 and hard to beat value wise.

As for JJP, I had $$$ penciled in for Lawlor, a slam dunk, and then the theme was announced. I'm glad it works for a lot of people, not for me. Hard to imagine anything worse imo.

$6500 got me a WozECLE many years ago, and yes i know JJP has to charge what they charge now to even stay in business, considering the volume of pins they sell.

If they ever make another pin with a theme i like I'd certainly consider it. Toy Story is MUCH better but i wouldn't buy that theme either. Maybe if i had little kids.

I'm sure you guys will enjoy DI

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

7,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Carlisle, PA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Sacramento, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.