5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#96 7 years ago
Quoted from musketd:

My problem with this game is it's 9k which is just way too high. It's overpriced by at least 1500$ easily

Agreed. The game is WAY overpriced.

I drank the Woz kool aid for years and still love it, but at $6500.

The theme sucks, there are too many other pins coming out. Can't imagine this pin selling more than 500 or so at this price.

Bring on Toy Story JJP.

#100 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea bc the quality made stern le's are so much cheaper......
Everything is way to expensive but that's just the way it is now . I mean look at what 6500 gets you these days a basic pin like rz, jetsons ., amh or 8300 for a fairly basic pin like afmr.

Actually, despite some of the pf and cab issues, which has been WAY overblown, especially on the cab side and pf's have been rectified and being replaced, I'm loving the new Spike system, LCD and huge sound upgrade.

I agree with what you said above about what $6500 gets you today and AFMR, I don't like any of those, but an AS PRO is $5200 and hard to beat value wise.

As for JJP, I had $$$ penciled in for Lawlor, a slam dunk, and then the theme was announced. I'm glad it works for a lot of people, not for me. Hard to imagine anything worse imo.

$6500 got me a WozECLE many years ago, and yes i know JJP has to charge what they charge now to even stay in business, considering the volume of pins they sell.

If they ever make another pin with a theme i like I'd certainly consider it. Toy Story is MUCH better but i wouldn't buy that theme either. Maybe if i had little kids.

I'm sure you guys will enjoy DI

2 weeks later
#141 6 years ago
Quoted from RJL:

Are you suggesting Jack was sandbagging? I'm crushed!

Congrats on pin. I don't think you'll see any other sandbagger editions on DI like RRWoz or Black Arrow TH

So this should be a true "collectors edition"

#145 6 years ago
Quoted from RJL:

Thx. I think it will be a great addition in any case. We really like the Hobbit and WOZ (WOZ got us started), but we also have several great Stern pins and a MMR. JJP is taking the hobby over the top imop, and Stern seems to be responding to the competition. It's all good.

Woz got me back hooked on pins too! Never thought I'd have 10 pins and counting 6 yrs later

I wish I could get my wife into playing pins

#172 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Um, what? Like, literally nobody else has said that. Was something messed up with the game when you tried it?

Heaven forbid somebody doesn't agree with you

#182 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

No, I'd like to know why he thinks that it's clunky.

He thinks it's clunky because he thinks it plays "clunky" despite the overwhelming majority that doesn't.

I assume clunky as in if you miss your shoots its not very forgiving, like TWD, however, DI appears to be very easy playing by comparison based on many other comments, if not too easy.

#193 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I'm sure it can be set up to play tough. Open outlines, no ball save, and what not. I've seen LOTRs that were set up to be brutal.

Never did make it to Valinor on my LOTR but i quit playing it as new pins came in and i got better.

I'm sure with as deep as Keith and Ted games are I'd probably keep it set to factory settings to possibly have a chance to get a bit deeper.

#224 6 years ago
Quoted from thedarkknight77:

Do people think JJP will even sell 500 of this game? After what happened with Hobbit prices, I am very cautious about pulling the trigger on this game.

Wait and buy when it goes on sale like TH in secondary market

2 weeks later
#363 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Not your theme...cool....Price, Got it.......Otherwise, one hell of a Game!

Nail on the head concise summary.

It's too hard to get friends and family of mine to have any interest in pinball. What i end up buying is 99% for me and i wish it wasn't that way.

I bought Woz because the wife and kids thought it was great. Now they won't even turn on a pinball machine. Attention spans are just way too short and no desire to figure it out or get better.

If i bought it I'd get the WTF is this look.

#375 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballNewb:

What exactly is the selfie functionaltiy taking away from? It being there is not taking away anything from the game. It will be new to people playing on route time and time again.

The JJP LCD is awesome, love the technology etc....the "selfie" as a part of it is just whatever

I played the TMZ slot machine in Vegas last time where you can take a "selfie" and watch yourself travel throughout the game.

It's good for a stupid laugh once or twice but I don't really want to see myself on a slot or pinball machine or anybody else for that matter!

I seriously doubt it will help one iota on route. If that's what it takes to get people to play a pinball machine then WTF is going on.

An unlicensed theme will sell well with pinheads, outside of that, not so much and JJP has cut back on initial first run of orders big time.

#377 6 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

That's not what I'm hearing. Are you just making stuff up again because you don't like the theme?

You don't know the facts then. From 1000 parts orders down to 250 on first run. I don't need to make anything up but I get the need to pump the hype up at launch. Facts are facts though.

Doesn't mean it won't sell big after the fact though.

#397 6 years ago
Quoted from clg:

So where does a Texas lawyer that is a huge Stern supporter get information about what JJP is ordering? Just speculating here... Could it be a Stern distributor who may have a strong incentive to bash the competition

Not a distributor. Or anybody with an axe to grind

Let's see if it's true in coming months

Regardless, like you guys say, it might be great and as long as you love it that's all that matters

Imho it probably has mostly to do with pricing of pins across the board

I doubt anybody can keep selling thousands of $8k plus pins. Maybe? Dunno

#400 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypinball:

That is bullshit, the releases are 250 at a time rather than 1000 sets of parts arriving and paying for, all the manufacturers have made over 1000 of every part and have purchase orders for.
The first run is over 1000 LE games, same as wizard of oz, plus CE editions.
They call up vendors to release 250 parts, then another 250 etc etc, the parts are already made waiting for the release.
Releasing all 1000 and sitting on parts for months can hurt cash flow, Stern does it the same way

That is bullshit in and of itself. Purchasing 1000 quantity of anything is MUCH cheaper than 250 units.

"Cash flow" shouldn't be an issue. "Cash savings" to the bottom line def should.

You buy based on the orders you have and what you think you can sell in the short term. Period.

"Releasing" parts is irrelevant. It's the payment and commitment to purchase.

Stern orders enough parts to satisfy initial demand 250 or 2500. Wtf.

Either way, i hope they sell 10k of these things. Competition is a great thing.

#419 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Now he just needs to get the release frequency up to his target of 2 per year.

Actually it was 3 pins many years ago but I guess times have changed. Announce and produce ala Stern 30 days later.

Now before you JJP nut huggers go all crazy I would 100% consider purchasing the next JJP pin.

JJP is the greatest pinball manufacturer of ALL TIME and it isn't even close.

#423 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yea, I don't think they are panning to do 3 novel releases a year any more, but my guess is in 2018 they will release two titles. Who knows, maybe they will pull that off this year, not impossible to believe they announce title 4 at expo and have it ready to ship in December for Christmas...them hitting their release target for DI (Q2 of this year) is absolutly helping their credibility with dates moving forward.
I'm pretty stoked for DI, I know I keep saying that but I really think this game is going to be one of the funnest and most unique pins ever made and I think they are going to pump them out much faster than releases 1 and 2. The new era of JJP starts with DI!

Boom boom Tiger, here's hoping it will blow it out.

Never thought I'd be jamming it out to ASLE so let's hear the in house feedback.

I'm always in for the party and sometimes late to it!!!!

#426 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Dialed In! is it's own game and the JJP Platform finally fulfills its promise.

Not yet, not even close, just part of the evolution of JJP.

Let's hear the love fest when you guys get it in house.

I will go total 180 degrees baby.

Even if cell phone man makes me think of the AS mode "Dude Looks Like a Lady"

I have an open mind!

1 week later
#529 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

Agreed! After a year owning it, every time I walk by it still calls me over to play.
You may want to check out the Red Smoke Witch mod as well, it's got a waiting list so it may take a good while to get but it's so worth it!

Witch mod is great. Has me playing Woz again and excited about it!

Awesome pin

#544 6 years ago
Quoted from Spankey:

Not in terms of popularity. Unless the theme police don't want to admit to themselves the theme is relevant to today's society and is just plain fun, this pin will easily be a top 10 machine. Possibly top 5.

I'd say IF DI even comes close to the "popularity" of Woz, it will be a grand slam.

How can you assess that DI will be "easily a top 10 machine" at this point? Or top 5?

It's kind of ridiculous and no need to pump it up like that but great that you are so excited about it.

I hope JJP knocks it out.

#549 6 years ago
Quoted from Procrastinator:

WOZ numbers for DI would be incredible, but probably unlikely. When I told my wife the next JJp game, she said "what's dalladin?". After telling her it wasn't the sequel to Aladdin and it was a sim city disaster style game, she still had very little interest. I was also disinterested until I played it at level 257 when I was in IL for work. Within the span of 80 minutes or so, I went from totally zero interest, to I have to have this game...it was that much fun. It doesn't have theme to grab the initial interest, but I think sales will be semi strong once it's in the wild and people's homes. Time will tell I guess, but definitely caught me by surprise with how much fun it was.

I did the same thing with AS, had ZERO interest until it came out and everybody loved it, bought it and Wow for me.

Maybe I'll feel the same way about DI later too.

It's a Lawlor pin so that should get the benefit of the doubt. And I'm sure I wouldn't be disappointed either.

My wife too was like wtf is that and I already feel stupid buying these pinball machines, because I'm the only one who plays them in my family.

Its new pinball so I'm anxious to see what happens when it gets out there in the wild.

Either way, I 1000% respect the labor of love for all of JJP nation, of which i'm a part of, getting it done and making something to be very proud of.

1 week later
#734 6 years ago

It doesn't have to boil down to right or wrong.

It's pretty hard to not like playing just about any pinball machine.

That doesn't mean you have to own every one.

When you make choices, SOME people like myself feel that theme matters a lot. It influences my buying decisions, its not right or wrong, it is just a preference.

As consumers we make choices every day based on what we like and dislike.

I love movies, would i go see a Star Wars movie or a show about "Dialed In"?

If YOU love it regardless of theme, what does it matter what anybody else thinks? Your opinion isn't right or wrong, its just an opinion.

My opinion is they are going to sell a shitload more Star Wars pins than DI because of the theme primarily, so what if it doesn't matter to you.

Great to see them shipping!

#744 6 years ago
Quoted from Jvspin:

Funhouse may not earn as much because it is a very hard game for beginners.

I dropped a ton of $$$ into Rudy way back then at the bowling alley.

It was a love/hate relationship with bashing that Rudy head!

RS is a genius Lawlor layout.

#745 6 years ago

Pioneers in NYC has one set up. Ask Levi how its doing so far.

#777 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I think they've got it now. Took a couple of game releases but DI is going to radically change the expectations people have of what level of code a game should be released with.

They announced it at Expo Tiger.

It's 8 months later and several years in production and the 3rd game from JJP released. Since 2011

I seriously doubt it will change anything but I hope you guys love it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider iceman44.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp?tu=iceman44 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.