5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#79 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Once people understand the game and the rules they will on board.

Not all the people, no matter how great it plays I can't get past the theme, I'll play it on location but never will I buy this pin.

1 week later
#101 7 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

The standard Dialed In at $8000 absolutely demolishes a Stern LE

build quality right? I would much much rather have GB LE or TWDLE STLE and many more before I bought a pin that looks like its ready for the steam baths, terrible theme and sound not to mention build it bob and the cell phone, ok the shots are there but so what? oh yeah, build quality.

#103 7 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Man, you guys must pass on a lot of great games if theme bothers you. Baywatch, JM come to mind as terrible themes, but great pins. Theme or not, DI is a fun interactive game with a lot of variety and good rule set. I agree on price, but at 8k, WOZ, hobbit and DI blow away anything and everything stern has been putting out, TWD and met come the closest in recent years.

Jm and Baywatch are great themes for pinball, nothing wrong with 90's cheese. WOZ and The Hobbit, a very fem film and big hairy man feet? yep something wrong with both of those but I'll play them on location, listen would you buy a Cannibal Corpse pinball machine if it played well with that style of imagery and music? probably not as it would be offensive just as WOZ is offensive to me I don't really care mind you I just like being a bug, Bug Wars now there's a great theme based on a great show.

1 month later
#314 6 years ago

Finally got some good time on one of these today, great gameplay but the theme kills it, music sfx emoji's and selfies etc. after a few good long games I don't really want to play it again, Aerosmith on the other hand was pure pinball magic. Still I'm happy for those who actually dig the theme it is a nice machine just not for me.

#316 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Opinions and all, but I can't think of many themes more off putting than Aerosmith, but I'm still happy to play it. I don't understand the whole mindset that theme is so important for people.

Its quite important but I'm not an Aerosmith guy so I won't be buying either of them, I did prefer the gameplay of Aerosmith.

#464 6 years ago
Quoted from merccat:

I don't think it will have any impact on DI sales.

You don't? you should, real clips and audio from one of the best film series ever in history and most of us growing up with these films vs DI cell phone game with sound and animation that would feel right at home on the treehouse network, come on.

#476 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Still calling it a cell phone game is dumb.

I well aware of the theme and have played the game, its still a giant ridiculous looking little girls cell phone, trying to justify the toddler like toys and pre teen girl look of DI is what is really dumb.

1 week later
#692 6 years ago

Singularity looks like a very cool mode, an original space themed pin would be so great.

#694 6 years ago

I played again today and all I could think was the phone gets changed to a TV set, the emoji's and selfie modes disappear, and forget blue tooth flipper action, it would have appealed to so many more pinheads, I actually would have liked a 40's style look to the whole thing, no idea why, I just get a old school 40's or 50's Sci Fi feel from this pin, is it the characters on the PF? maybe, either way great game.

this_island_earth_poster_06 (resized).jpgthis_island_earth_poster_06 (resized).jpg

#696 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

People (especially those like you) would have called it a knockoff of Attack From Mars and criticized it anyway. You can't seem to win when it comes to fanboy wars.
Also, a TV giving you instructions makes no sense. The phone makes all the sense in the world. They call you to tell you what to do.

First of all, What? when have I ever called anything a knock off, 2nd the TV could have special interference from some source that was helping and guiding you and 3rd Shut up ur face. Did I not say "great game" at the end of it? What a goof.

#708 6 years ago
Quoted from MikeS:

Somehow I have the feeling that Dialed In will be JJP's last unlicensed title. While I think the game is easily JJP's best title to date in terms of gameplay

I agree, I tried to make a point earlier but of course someone had to shit on it, I don't think theres anything wrong with the OG theme, just a minor adjustment and I would seriously be considering this pin as a purchase, a little darker, a little more of Sci Fi feel like aliens causing disasters and a hero battling them (just my opinion), would have left a lot of room for great animations and the like, would have appealed to a larger consumer base, but its still a fine pin, (take note I said its still a fine pin) you are right though, Pat Lawlor doing Blade Runner would have been a monster hit or think of SW's. Theme is important especially for home collectors, on route it will do quite well, hopefully JJP 4 or 5 is something that appeals to me as I'm looking forward to my first JJP purchase.

#710 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

If theme makes that big of a difference for people, they really should get into collecting posters.

What r u talking about? Let me ask you there is some talk right now that a Slayer pin is in the works, lets say it looks good and plays really well would you buy one?

#712 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

It all depends on how well it plays. It would need to bump something out of my lineup. I have no desire for a Slayer pin (blech, that music), but I also had no desire for an AC/DC pin. I ended up buying AC/DC premium the week after I got back from a show where I got to play it quite a bit.

Well tolerating AC/DC is quite different than Slayer, just admit it gameplay will not overpower Satanic imagery and the evilness of Slayer's music, that's cool I understand, why can't that apply to DI in for me? I will play DI on route and at the distributors every chane I get its just not coming home with me is all I'm saying, I think its great, JJP finest game for me by far and if its any indication of things to come from that company I'm very excited for the future, hopefully its not Toy Story and Muppets but POTC has potential, anyway happy for everyone who is getting a DI.

#716 6 years ago
Quoted from Pimp77:

With two kids, I'd love a family friendly Toy Story. Even without kids I'd love that theme.

Thats a good thing and I hope u get it, lots of room for JJP Toy Story and JJP DeadPool, but I know thats not going to happen, you know a big reason I'm down on JJP themes is because I truly believe they are making premium pinball machines and I would love to see what they do with something that I enjoy, Guardians of the Galaxy would be great.

#717 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

You just don't like the Dialed In theme, but there's nothing offensive about it.

There is to me.

Quoted from jar155:

Slayer sucks though. That's for dang sure.

Shame on you sir.

Enjoy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Lighting - Led
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

7,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Martinez, GA
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

7,300 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Salinas, CA
$ 22.50
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hazoff.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp?tu=hazoff and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.