5ADA5341-2031-47CF-AC72-58F00F168006 (resized).jpeg
43634188-ED9D-42FD-9DF0-93C6071B21F8 (resized).jpeg
2018-04-27 10.31.45 (resized).jpg
4cd14ace7543eda7180c005405a8afac684653b5 (resized).jpg
20180422_221627 (resized).jpg
20180422_221616 (resized).jpg
20180422_214324 (resized).jpg
20180422_214126 (resized).jpg
There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 34.
#251 6 years ago
Quoted from solarvalue:

Playfields going into cabinets:

C'mon put some Standards on there guys!

#252 6 years ago

I can't wait for that call that it's time to pay up in full. I'm guessing late June for the LEs, but I really don't have any idea.

#253 6 years ago

Played it today at Pagg. There is only one there so a bit of a wait. The flipper strength was less than what they had at the Chicago expo reveal. Probably set lower to decrease the chance of issues over the next few days since there is only one there. Code is getting better. I'm going to have to buy one of these. Goodbye $9000.

#254 6 years ago
Quoted from vicjw66:

Played it today at Pagg. There is only one there so a bit of a wait. The flipper strength was less than what they had at the Chicago expo reveal. Probably set lower to decrease the chance of issues over the next few days since there is only one there. Code is getting better. I'm going to have to buy one of these. Goodbye $9000.

That's what I thought if the code continues to evolve this will be one killer game

#255 6 years ago

I was told July on my LE but I guess it just depends who u get it from. I played it at Allentown and was blown away. It's going down as one of the greats. Just my thoughts.

#256 6 years ago

18527526_10212577964620035_4295268854213419510_n (resized).jpg18527526_10212577964620035_4295268854213419510_n (resized).jpg

#257 6 years ago

So, the distributor I was looking to buy from charges a 3% credit card usage fee (which I certainly understand people doing in small businesses like this) but my question is are there any distros that anyone knows that do not charge back the credit card fee?

I'm guessing that all distros are the exact same price (MSRP?) and there are no other special offer programs going on?

#258 6 years ago

I avoided it by wire transfer or if I've done business with distro in the past I send them a check. They know I'm good for it. Never bought new using credit card. I bought new 6 pins. 4 Sterns 2 JJP.

#259 6 years ago

That takes $270 margin away from the distro

Tight margins in new games

#260 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, the distributor I was looking to buy from charges a 3% credit card usage fee (which I certainly understand people doing in small businesses like this) but my question is are there any distros that anyone knows that do not charge back the credit card fee?
I'm guessing that all distros are the exact same price (MSRP?) and there are no other special offer programs going on?

i do offer free shipping for veterans and a free double warranty. while i don't accept credit cards, i do accept personal checks. if i have not done business with you before then i will ship once the check clears.

#261 6 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

I avoided it by wire transfer or if I've done business with distro in the past I send them a check. They know I'm good for it. Never bought new using credit card. I bought new 6 pins. 4 Sterns 2 JJP.

I hear what you are saying, but if you have a good credit card with a nice cash back program you (the buyer) are leaving money on the table if you do a wire or check. With NIB pin prices where they are and distros not having much (if any) room to negotiate the price the cash back from a credit card or free shipping can be a nice perk.

Obviously, price is not the only consideration people should use. Service and history are also certainly important factors when selecting a distro.

#262 6 years ago

I don't know if this has been posted yet. The game is looking amazing! I have a hard time watching the playfield, the LCD screen is looking like the best integration of the three so far.

#263 6 years ago

These guys are pretty good players so u can see alot of the game code and features ....its in french(?) , but still great gameplay video. They have some longer vids on the channel also. I believe it has the newest code .

#264 6 years ago

Heres a close-up of the pin and awesome features.......

#265 6 years ago

At PAGG I saw a Singularity as another kind of disaster the city faces. Hadn't seen that one in any of the online videos. There are a TON of ways the city gets screwed up. It really is more of a disaster pin theme than anything else.

#266 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Call Mike at automated services. He takes cc with no fee.

#267 6 years ago

You could also buy from Joe Newhart at pinball star. He is a great guy and accepts cc.

#268 6 years ago
Quoted from jrio101:

Call Mike at automated services. He takes cc with no fee.

Possibly but to get the lowest price OTD, to my home I did wire Automated the cash on my Woz.

#269 6 years ago

I can tell you guys its roughly just over $500.00 to ship to CA from Jersey. I shipped a Hobbit last year to walnut creek it was $536.00
Coast to coast is not cheap!!!!
Pincades
Chicago Land JJP Dist.
Jesse T

#270 6 years ago
Quoted from Jamaster10:

I can tell you guys its roughly just over $500.00 to ship to CA from Jersey. I shipped a Hobbit last year to walnut creek it was $536.00
Coast to coast is not cheap!!!!
Pincades
Chicago Land JJP Dist.
Jesse T

Non-white glove shaves about $100 off that. Also JJP and Stern are getting discounted volume rates.

#271 6 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Non-white glove shaves about $100 off that. Also JJP and Stern are getting discounted volume rates.

What's the difference between white glove and non-white glove in drop shipping a NIB machine? Is one you have to pick up from terminal the other they drop it off at your house (which is always what I have done).

#272 6 years ago

I just sent a deposit for a Dialed In LE with a new distributer I have not used before (my usual one doesn't sell JJP games).
He offered me free shipping if paying by check or wire, which is a great deal for me out here in Cali.
I agree with TigerLaw though, normally I like to use my Hawaiian card for NIB purchases because it gets my wife and I free airfare to Hawaii much quicker

#273 6 years ago

Somehow the stars and moon aligned this week

IMG_0516 (resized).JPGIMG_0516 (resized).JPG

#274 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

What the...? I said play it not buy it

#275 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Does that make you owner #1? If so, congrats! That's awesome, man.

#276 6 years ago
Quoted from jar155:

Does that make you owner #1? If so, congrats! That's awesome, man.

Looks like a show game

#277 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Where did you find a Fireball Island?

Jealous of both Dialed In and the Fireball Island

#278 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Awesome! What show are you taking it to?

#279 6 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Awesome! What show are you taking it to?

most likely Pacific northwest show.

#280 6 years ago
Quoted from KingPinGames:

most likely Pacific northwest show.

Ah, the one in Seattle. That is on my must go to bucket list for sure.

#281 6 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I was going to ask if that will be on location, but now I want to know more about that Fireball Island!! I love that game!

#282 6 years ago
Quoted from CobraClutch:

I was going to ask if that will be on location, but now I want to know more about that Fireball Island!! I love that game!

The Dialed In! pictured is headed to the Seattle Pinball Museum where it will be featured on free play with your paid admission from May 26 until it moves to the great PNW Pinball and Arcade Show in Tacoma. There will be 2 Dialed In! there on the main floor for the attendees to have a blast on!

#283 6 years ago

I was very impressed with how well this pin played at PAGG! Shots were very satisfying. Like most I don't care for the artwork but you don't notice it when you are actually playing the game. The name to me should have been Quantum City Chaos like someone suggested, that name would fit the game perfectly. The Quantum theater is 1000x better then the Ecto goggles as far as being to see the images and the size of the "hologram". The game was fun but I just think it is priced to high.

#284 6 years ago

It's interesting to see these relatively consistent reviews coming in for the game. Definitely a sleeper title that took some time to start building, and a good example of the challenges unlicensed games have.

#285 6 years ago

I've been avoiding watching videos of this for a while. Just watched the latest code.
Wow. Amazing.
The layout of the pin plays like nothing else. So many satisfying shots. Pat Lawlor you are a genius. Ted and Keith, awesome work on code so far.

One thing I've noticed. I don't like the call outs too much. Thats just personal preference maybe they will grow on me. But one of them on early code was a guy saying 'now you're dialed in' in a deep voice at the start of multiball. Thats the only call out I really liked! Where has it gone?

#286 6 years ago
Quoted from FalconPunch:

One thing I've noticed. I don't like the call outs too much. Thats just personal preference maybe they will grow on me. But one of them on early code was a guy saying 'now you're dialed in' in a deep voice at the start of multiball. Thats the only call out I really liked! Where has it gone?

JJP has demonstrated a willingness to continue working with voice actors to get a game where it needs to be. TH got additional voice work after release as I recall. They will get the callouts where they need to be.

#287 6 years ago

Game is looking really good!

Does anyone know how many modes are in the game? I'm pretty sure that the main story modes are the disaster modes. I've heard of another mode called "Armageddon" is that the games final wizard mode? Wondering if there is a Destroy the Ring / Battle Wicked Witch type mini wizard mode as well?

#288 6 years ago

As the code sits now...

Beating a mode gives you a chance to get a SIM card. Each sim card gives you a mode scoring multiplier.

Collect 8 SIM cards actives Armageddon which is a wizard mode.

#289 6 years ago

What's the difference in the versions?

#290 6 years ago
Quoted from pinden007:

What's the difference in the versions?

Listed here :

http://www.jerseyjackpinball.com/games/

LTG : )

#291 6 years ago

Does anyone know if they are coming with scoop protectors?

#292 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

Does anyone know if they are coming with scoop protectors?

I wish but it doesn't look like it Cliffys are a pain to install in a lot of cases and it would be nice if they came installed at the factory (like Stern is now doing with GB / AS).

#293 6 years ago

I thought one of the things that they learned by having it field-tested is that it needs a scoop protector?

#294 6 years ago

The one I played at Pagg had some significant wear at the scoop. A scoop protector will be a must addition if it doesn't come factory. I got the #3 high score of around 1.2-1.3 million. I think I got 2 SIM cards(that I happen to see anyway). Really fun game, but long ball times. The outlanes are pretty forgiving. So many things in this pin that the $9k price tag is understandable.

#295 6 years ago

Just passing this on:
Tonight we revisit Dialed In with the latest, 1.0 code!
Tutorial, gameplay and a translite giveaway at 8 Eastern at http://www.twitch.tv/buffalopinball:

c09a456fea3a6a7f001b4d85965bf261e1ec4543 (resized).pngc09a456fea3a6a7f001b4d85965bf261e1ec4543 (resized).png

#296 6 years ago

Played at Silverball Museum today.

The game is magnificent. Incredibly fast, lots of flow, magnets, light show, animations. This is my favorite pinball machine of all time. Those that ordered are in for something incredible. Can't stop thinking about this game. Just wow!

#297 6 years ago

I havent played since November, yet still I find myself playing it in my sleep.

Only a handful of games have managed to bump out my "better" fantasies!

Just FYI, i you are thinking of one, Chase Sapphire, with a new card, is giving $400 to $625 back with $4k charges in 3 Months.

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/chase-sapphire-preferred

Makes Dialed in just a bit more affordable.

#298 6 years ago

Pat with the "Dialed in"!!

IMG_0258.JPGIMG_0258.JPG

#299 6 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Pat with the "Dialed in"!!

While he's standing there, I wish he'd explain the rationale behind putting the headphone jack down on the bottom left corner of the cab. What was wrong with the coin door (WoZ/Hobbit) or below the start button like Stern? It seems like a weird/inconvenient place and is one decision he's made that I completely don't get.

#300 6 years ago

If you haven't watched the Buffalo Pinball video check it out...

The lightshow got a serious boost with 1.0.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Electronics
Skillshot Combo

Flipper Parts
FlipMods

$ 3.75
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
Erie, CO
$ 100.00
Electronics
Led Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Side Gig Studios

Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
Machine - For Sale
Pipe Creek, TX
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

There are 1,697 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/dailed-in-by-jjp/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.