(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,281 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 25 minutes ago by Astropin
  • Topic is favorited by 119 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8049 (resized).png
IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 166.
#5101 2 years ago

About four years ago (not long after getting in) I lost 83.6% of my Bitcoin investment (on paper). Never sold. Since that low point I'm up over 1700%. Although that does not factor in all of the additional buys I've made since then....just low point to current point, total value. So that's not my high point either. Down about 25% from my all time high point. Check back in 5 years.

#5102 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yes (if your a trader)
But I'm saying by looking at that chart, 2022 will not be red.

Actually it's more the opposite, and this is why non-traders tend to suck at the markets. The worst way to deal with a bull market is to chase, but that's what most people do, then they dump when the market goes south, the definition of buying high and selling low.

On the other hand traders will buy green to take advantage of momentum and dump on red to cut downside. Long term investors should be doing the opposite, buying dips of projects they have high confidence in, and sell when the price has run up too fast, when the probabilities of a dip is high. In every BTC bull market run up there are 30-40% dips... those are the DCA opportunities, not the run-ups.

#5103 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Actually it's more the opposite, and this is why non-traders tend to suck at the markets. The worst way to deal with a bull market is to chase, but that's what most people do, then they dump when the market goes south, the definition of buying high and selling low.
On the other hand traders will buy green to take advantage of momentum and dump on red to cut downside. Long term investors should be doing the opposite, buying dips of projects they have high confidence in, and sell when the price has run up too fast, when the probabilities of a dip is high. In every BTC bull market run up there are 30-40% dips... those are the DCA opportunities, not the run-ups.

I agree with this.

I'm totally FOMO'ing right now.

#5104 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I agree with this.
I'm totally FOMO'ing right now.

Looks like now that the $47.2k support level has broken, it's a free fall to right around $41.5k. From there, I enjoyed the one comment in an article I just read:

"Looking at the daily time frame, we can begin to see what looks like the start of a head and shoulders pattern. The current dips and following consolidation could eventually complete the right shoulder, with a neckline at $41,500, and a price target near a number so unbelievably low that it won’t be written here."

#5105 2 years ago

Been my best week of NFT picks so far.

#5106 2 years ago

For every $1 in fees ETH transfers on average $212

BTC transfers, on average, $67,172 for every $1 in fees.

(as of 12/14/21)

#5107 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Looks like now that the $47.2k support level has broken, it's a free fall to right around $41.5k. From there, I enjoyed the one comment in an article I just read:
"Looking at the daily time frame, we can begin to see what looks like the start of a head and shoulders pattern. The current dips and following consolidation could eventually complete the right shoulder, with a neckline at $41,500, and a price target near a number so unbelievably low that it won’t be written here."

We're back above $47.2...so what does that mean?

#5108 2 years ago

It's end of year...given everything else going on, I think things continue to trend downward for a few more weeks unless some other catalyst occurs.

#5109 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

We're back above $47.2...so what does that mean?

A bouncy freefall?

#5110 2 years ago

Tomorrow will be interesting too.

Jpow is presenting inflation and tapering to congress. If you’re going in today make sure you got more to go in if tomorrow sees a big drop

#5111 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Tomorrow will be interesting too.
Jpow is presenting inflation and tapering to congress. If you’re going in today make sure you got more to go in if tomorrow sees a big drop

This, I think, will have the largest short-term impact.

#5112 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Been my best week of NFT picks so far.

Whats are your upcoming picks? Sloties has done well. I got on the whitelist for cyberdoges so will mint a few of them this week.

#5113 2 years ago

Thinking about doing a "wash sale" on some of my BTC. Anyone know all the details on this? Do you need to follow FIFO or LIFO when doing a wash sale on "property"?

#5114 2 years ago

I’m interested in Hapebeast looks tough to get in no WL.

This week sloties are doing great. So are Mini Royale on Sol. I also grabbed a couple My Pet Hooligan.

#5115 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Thinking about doing a "wash sale" on some of my BTC. Anyone know all the details on this? Do you need to follow FIFO or LIFO when doing a wash sale on "property"?

LIFO

#5116 2 years ago

What's up?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5117 2 years ago

This does start to get confusing. So LIFO doesn't really help me and of couse FIFO definately wouldn't. For this to really work you need to buy at a high point...and then wait for a big dip whithout buying any in-between.

#5118 2 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

What's up?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Glitch in the Matrix?

I like that last one though.

#5119 2 years ago

If your last buys were same price as now you need to keep selling to get to the highest sale. Then rebuy.

#5120 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Glitch in the Matrix?
I like that last one though.

Please please please let it be the last one

#5121 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

I’m interested in Hapebeast looks tough to get in no WL.
This week sloties are doing great. So are Mini Royale on Sol. I also grabbed a couple My Pet Hooligan.

Yeah Hapebeast looks to have massive interest, almost no chance of getting into that to mint. Will be interesting to see what happens with it after mint.

#5122 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

If your last buys were same price as now you need to keep selling to get to the highest sale. Then rebuy.

Yeah, I just figured that out...might still be worth it as long as Coinbase Pro doesn't screw me up.

#5123 2 years ago

Guess Satoshi didn't like the Fed direction

#5124 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Guess Satoshi didn't like the Fed direction

How so?
Up over 100% this year.

#5125 2 years ago

So Yahoo showing a near drop of 14000 in price is wrong? Looks like it happened at the last minute.

#5126 2 years ago

Idk about yahoo but nothing on my charts show that.

#5127 2 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

So Yahoo showing a near drop of 14000 in price is wrong? Looks like it happened at the last minute.

yeah...that's wrong

#5128 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Why not use the specific identification method (OPTI)? Then you can choose exactly which ones you want to dispose of when making the sale.

That’s provided you have the data to back it up and can define the pools.

#5129 2 years ago

Why not use the specific identification method (OPTI)? Then you can choose exactly which ones you want to dispose of when making the sale.
That’s provided you have the data to back it up and can define the pools.

Didn't know that was an option ...yes I have all the data. Works for me, thanks.

#5131 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Didn't know that was an option ...yes I have all the data. Works for me, thanks.

Check out Q39 and Q40.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/international-taxpayers/frequently-asked-questions-on-virtual-currency-transactions

My software calls it OPTI and they also have a HIFO options so there has to be some sort of difference.

#5132 2 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Whats are your upcoming picks? Sloties has done well. I got on the whitelist for cyberdoges so will mint a few of them this week.

How’d you get on Cyberdoge whitelist? I was interested in minting those as well. Minted my Soulware this week and have three squishy squad in the wallet waiting for reveal tomorrow. Been watching SVS vamps and Desperate Apes floor rise lately and having bad FOMO wanting to buy more. Might move some money around tomorrow and buy another Desperate Ape Wife. I strongly recommend both of those projects for long term holds. Both future blue chip NFTs.

1ED076E3-A6AF-4127-8CBA-E3BADF667E47 (resized).jpeg1ED076E3-A6AF-4127-8CBA-E3BADF667E47 (resized).jpegB4DAEB70-4A8E-479D-8A48-62126DF98276 (resized).jpegB4DAEB70-4A8E-479D-8A48-62126DF98276 (resized).jpegEABE89F4-FE29-4991-B45C-E11DA29B5CC2 (resized).jpegEABE89F4-FE29-4991-B45C-E11DA29B5CC2 (resized).jpegF9006579-67DF-4B00-87DA-C5A951BADC27 (resized).jpegF9006579-67DF-4B00-87DA-C5A951BADC27 (resized).jpeg
#5133 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

How’d you get on Cyberdoge whitelist? I was interested in minting those as well. Minted my Soulware this week and have three squishy squad in the wallet waiting for reveal tomorrow. Been watching SVS vamps and Desperate Apes floor rise lately and having bad FOMO wanting to buy more. Might move some money around tomorrow and buy another Desperate Ape Wife. I strongly recommend both of those projects for long term holds. Both future blue chip NFTs.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Can you give us the pitches of what soulware and DAW are?

#5134 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

How’d you get on Cyberdoge whitelist?

HAve to get to level 7 on the discord channel. I was in a boring zoom meeting for work so just plugged away with random comments and replies to people in the general chat section. After about 3 hours i got to level 7. Not sure whether to go hard and mint the max available amount, or just a couple.

#5135 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Can you give us the pitches of what soulware and DAW are?

Both very high quality NFT projects with strong teams behind them. If you have ETH to spare, I recommend DAW and SVS vampires right now. Both projects are about to moon, look at recent sales and buzz. Soulware is more of a gamble, but I like the art and concept. I’m buying another DAW today before the floor goes over 2 ETH. Here are the links for more info:

https://svs.gg/
https://desperateapewives.com/
https://www.soulwareproject.com/

#5136 2 years ago

Spyderturbo007 Read above. Vampire going to the moon

#5137 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Spyderturbo007 Read above. Vampire going to the moon

I’m doing a happy dance. What’s the moon though because at $125k, I’m out.

I think my CryptoDad died though. They aren’t doing very good.

Might be a good tax write off. I was considering using my SVS as a write off but if it’s going to go up I’ll keep the one I have because it’s on the rarer side.

#5138 2 years ago

Jpow saying everything is fine… Daddy got a new credit card, let’s keep those printers going. Omnicron just a minor speed bump so far. Nothing on crypto yet…

Still live

#5139 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Both very high quality NFT projects with strong teams behind them. If you have ETH to spare, I recommend DAW and SVS vampires right now. Both projects are about to moon, look at recent sales and buzz. Soulware is more of a gamble, but I like the art and concept. I’m buying another DAW today before the floor goes over 2 ETH. Here are the links for more info:
https://svs.gg/
https://desperateapewives.com/
https://www.soulwareproject.com/

Thanks for the reply…I was more curious if there was a hook for DAW. I’ve seen the updates for SVS on discord.

Without deep diving into DAW, I don’t see what you’re seeing I guess.

#5140 2 years ago

Here we go…

Stable coins need to be regulated in his opinion.
No major changes to crypto announced so far…definitely sidestepping the questions. This is good so far.

#5141 2 years ago

Nice little jump in most coins. Up 60% from 10 days ago when i got into HEX

#5143 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Thanks for the reply…I was more curious if there was a hook for DAW. I’ve seen the updates for SVS on discord.
Without deep diving into DAW, I don’t see what you’re seeing I guess.

Review the recent sales and Twitter posts. Some DAWs are selling for $100k and a bunch of celebs and athletes are aping into the project. They look exactly like BAYC except they’re female and all about female empowerment. Watch their official DAW soundtrack video on YouTube. Buy the dip, these are only going to go up long term. I’m buying another ApeWife today after Coinbase Pro releases my ETH. My fiancé has FOMO and wants an SVS vampire, so I’m also trying to make that happen. Worst case, I’ll gift her one of mine.

#5144 2 years ago

I’m doing a happy dance. What’s the moon though because at $125k, I’m out.
I think my CryptoDad died though. They aren’t doing very good.
Might be a good tax write off. I was considering using my SVS as a write off but if it’s going to go up I’ll keep the one I have because it’s on the rarer side.

Yeah, CryptoDads look pretty much dead…I think that ship sailed. Win some, lose some I guess.

Your SVS has high future value, I strongly recommend diamond handing it and staking it for daily BLOOD tokens if you haven’t already. Female vamps are coming very soon and supposedly there’s a major announcement from the team tomorrow. That’s a blue chip NFT, do not write off.

#5145 2 years ago

Melina Trump and Snoop Dogg (separate projects) launching NFTs on Sol. Even if you don’t care for either of them, it’s looking like adoption is coming for Solana.

#5146 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Review the recent sales and Twitter posts. Some DAWs are selling for $100k and a bunch of celebs and athletes are aping into the project. They look exactly like BAYC except they’re female and all about female empowerment. Watch their official DAW soundtrack video on YouTube. Buy the dip, these are only going to go up long term. I’m buying another ApeWife today after Coinbase Pro releases my ETH. My fiancé has FOMO and wants an SVS vampire, so I’m also trying to make that happen. Worst case, I’ll gift her one of mine.

Damn, you make me FOMO a floor DAW although my dad and vamp are a total failure atm..

#5147 2 years ago

Wash sale complete, was even able to buy back slightly cheaper.

#5148 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Damn, you make me FOMO a floor DAW although my dad and vamp are a total failure atm..

Your SVS vamp is NOT a failure, you stake and HODL that NFT. Check back in a year and tell me it was a failure

https://twitter.com/ForeverOnly23/status/1471580859023216646

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#5149 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Your SVS vamp is NOT a failure, you stake and HODL that NFT. Check back in a year and tell me it was a failure
https://twitter.com/ForeverOnly23/status/1471580859023216646
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, I've been ignoring crypto and just HODLing for pretty much the whole year.

NGL I don't understand what the digital-monkey's is going on here.
I don't understand these NFTs or staking at all. I wanted to get into it but it appears like they required a shitton of KYC and I'm not into that. Crypto is supposed to be anonymous, but they expect to tied everything to my banks and government ID?? WTF

#5150 2 years ago

You don’t need any kyc for NFTs

There are 8,281 posts in this topic. You are on page 103 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/103 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.