(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,270 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 hours ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8038 (resized).png
IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 166.
#4951 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

I’m now down 10% in the last few hours. Feels a lot different than a normal Friday night I’m afraid.
Reminds me of May only a little slower this time.

Hey, you're not the about to lose .1 BTC

Actually, I can't complain...it was my idea!

#4952 2 years ago

How low will it go? I just grabbed some at 48.8k

#4953 2 years ago

Dropping like a sack of cement! ouch!

#4954 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

How low will it go? I just grabbed some at 48.8k

Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Dropping like a sack of cement! ouch!

Yeah...I should have waited a little longer ..lol.

#4955 2 years ago

Mmmmm, tasty tasty dip. Buying on the way down in little pieces, will reap on the uptrend, even if it's 2022.

#4956 2 years ago

On a side note, support levels look really shaky right now. Anyone have this funny feeling like we are all about to get crushed?
My spidey senses are tingling and not in a good way…..

I’m now down 23% in about 12h.

Damn. I hate it when I’m right.

A lot of my positions that have been profitable for more than 12 months are now no longer profitable.

If you look, other than BTC and ETH, things have crashed back to very close to where they were about a year ago (for most assets). So 1 years worth of gains lost in about 30 days.

I’m predicting the next bear market has begun. Crypto winter is here and this weekend is going to be even worse.

#4957 2 years ago

Wow, crazy.

Damn it got down to 42. I spent what I had when it hit 52 an hour or so ago. Time to reload.

#4958 2 years ago

I’m now down 10% in the last few hours. Feels a lot different than a normal Friday night I’m afraid.
Reminds me of May only a little slower this time.

my whole portfolio is down 40% or more....

sinking ship? who knows.

#4959 2 years ago

Time to buy more!!! Loading up on $ETH

#4960 2 years ago

Trading on btc seems to be 80% buyers, so maybe some whales are taking profits?

#4961 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Time to buy more!!! Loading up on $ETH

Be careful. You’re trying to catch a falling knife right now.

Support levels have broke on almost everything. Positions are getting liquidated left and right. The metrics don’t really show a bottom.

I think this is going to get worse before it gets better.

#4962 2 years ago

Support levels have broke on almost everything. Positions are getting liquidated left and right. The metrics don’t really show a bottom.

I'll take the risk. As long as you don't sell, you don't lose. Just have to be patient.

#4963 2 years ago

The lower it goes the more I'll buy....need to find some more fiat though!

#4964 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Sell Tron. Boom - problem solved!

#4965 2 years ago

Some whales have to sell to meet margins on stock losses, methinks. Sale prices for us.

#4966 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Best of luck to you. I’m out of dry powder unless I cut into things I shouldn’t / don’t want to cut into.

I have $500 left in the sock drawer that I moved over and then I’m pumping the brakes. Between my NFT fuck ups and this nasty crash, things are getting out of hand.

I need to pull up at this point for a little. The last couple months haven’t been kind and I’m watching profitable positions turn red.

#4967 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Sell Tron. Boom - problem solved!

You shut your mouth.

#4968 2 years ago

1.2 billion in leverage longs have been liquidated. This is not retail selling ( predominantly).

#4969 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

1.2 billion in leverage longs have been liquidated. This is not retail selling ( predominantly).

Where do you find that info?

#4970 2 years ago
Quoted from Pin-Pilot:

Where do you find that info?

From the "on-chain" analysts. They usually update on Twitter first.

#4971 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

From the "on-chain" analysts. They usually update on Twitter first.

Thanks.

#4972 2 years ago

Well looks like I ended up spending my 10k on BTC and ETH instead of SHIB

Out of fiat now

#4973 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

At what point do you think BTC will stabilize to the point that it makes an actual useful currency?

Not sure, but I do know that once we reach that point there will little profit left to make trading BTC

#4974 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Come on 30k!!!!
Seriously, unlike a stock in which a company can go belly up, if you really believe BTC is the future and you aren't going to use/sell it for 10-20+ years, then you should welcome the massive drops as opportunity. I bought a bit at 53k because...it's still down less than the rest of my portfolio.
Edit.53 not 57

Correct, I do and bought a bunch more when it dropped to the 30's this year

#4975 2 years ago

Screw it, i'm buying...

#4976 2 years ago

Was good to get in around $3800 last night. Crazy to think a year ago we could have gotten in around $1100. Oh well, if $ETH goes to $10K down the road, we will be glad we invested now!

#4977 2 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Was good to get in around $3800 last night. Crazy to think a year ago we could have gotten in around $1100. Oh well, if $ETH goes to $10K down the road, we will be glad we invested now!

1st time I bought ETH it was $232.

#4978 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Geez...............

$1100 club here. Really bought in on Jan-Feb 2021.

#4979 2 years ago

Dip happened after CME closed just like last week. Be interesting to see what happens when CME opens.

#4980 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

$180.08 for me. If only I had known.......

I bought 10 ATOM and 0.0048BTC when I woke up.

Analysts seem to be split on if this crash flipped the bull / bear switch or if it didn't. I'm seeing a lot of consolidation and or further downside through Q1 of 2022 opinions.

#4981 2 years ago

Anyone know if NFTs are taxed the same way as crypto? I'm thinking of selling my NFTs so I can realize the loss this year and offset some gains. If they follow the same rules, then it would really help for tax purposes. Especially since I'm down about $15k between the two.

#4982 2 years ago

It will probably bounce back to the previous support before a decision is made. So if you are thinking of selling don't sell yet

As much as I'd like to believe the gaggle of analysts, and believe me I am invested like I believe them, there are points where I might jump ship. Not there yet though.

#4983 2 years ago

Anyone know if NFTs are taxed the same way as crypto? I'm thinking of selling my NFTs so I can realize the loss this year and offset some gains. If they follow the same rules, then it would really help for tax purposes. Especially since I'm down about $15k between the two.

The IRS has provide little specific guidance in them atm. It depends on what you and your accountant classify them as, a collectible or a digital asset.

#4984 2 years ago

Odds are NFTs will be considered an asset while most crypto has some risk of being classified as a security. NFT projects that yield income are at high risk of SEC regulation though, so many are hiring lawyers to try to make sure they don't get blindsided. Speculation has the NFT market booming after a crypto run-up simply because of this difference, as people who don't want to store profits in an inflationary fiat may wind up putting it in blue chip NFTs.

#4985 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Odds are NFTs will be considered an asset while most crypto has some risk of being classified as a security. NFT projects that yield income are at high risk of SEC regulation though, so many are hiring lawyers to try to make sure they don't get blindsided. Speculation has the NFT market booming after a crypto run-up simply because of this difference, as people who don't want to store profits in an inflationary fiat may wind up putting it in blue chip NFTs.

Are you going to do the shopverse nft tomorrow?
I’m undecided at the moment.

#4986 2 years ago

Bought ETH and LRC on the dip. ETH to hold for years, LRC to make another short term play on.

#4987 2 years ago

Example A of what not to do:

Screenshot_20211204-154519_Twitter (resized).jpgScreenshot_20211204-154519_Twitter (resized).jpg

#4988 2 years ago

So they were betting it would go up and it went down?

#4989 2 years ago

50 leverage is huge.

#4990 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

50 leverage is huge.

He says it wasn't...that he was only using 8x. Still, that's a lot of leverage. 50 would be insane.

Quoted from nwpinball:

Yep

#4991 2 years ago

Ah 8x is sizeable… I misread that as 50x

#4992 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Are you going to do the shopverse nft tomorrow?
I’m undecided at the moment.

No on shopverse. And likely no on Squishy Squad. I'm being extremely picky about what I get into. I was whitelisted for Creature Highrise last week, would have made 10x on that, but they didn't support hardware wallet, so, f#*$&.

Quoted from nwpinball:

Basically what happens is the market is so small whales can decide to dump at the right time with the right news, which can cause a cascade of liquidations of long positions. The right time is when there are too many people betting long, on leverage, then it's just too easy for them. Whales dump at $54k, and re-buy at $45k in a matter of hours... free money.

#4993 2 years ago

I was looking at my Helium miner stats... currently making $9+/day setting it up through a UV tinted window, still on track for a 2 month break-even on the purchase. I have a neighbor with an 8dbi antenna making 2x that (4dbi is stock), so I may have to upgrade

#4994 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

No on shopverse. And likely no on Squishy Squad. I'm being extremely picky about what I get into. I was whitelisted for Creature Highrise last week, would have made 10x on that, but they didn't support hardware wallet, so, f#*$&.

I'm white listed for Squishy Squad, Shopverse, Expandables, Soulware and possibly CryptoWalkers and plan to mint all of them for quick flips. If some of the Soulware are rare, I may hold onto them, but unless I'm really attached, they're gone. My fiance just bought a Desperate Ape Wife and I'm about to pull the trigger on two DAWs to get back into the project before I'm priced out after fire selling my three DAWs a few weeks ago to buy into JRNY NFT. Getting strong offers on my Angry Apes and have high aspirations for that project. Glad to see the bleeding stop on CryptoPunks for now...NFTs have been rough, lately.

#4995 2 years ago

Sorry gotta do it:

Go-Blue.jpeg (resized).jpgGo-Blue.jpeg (resized).jpg

#4996 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

I'm white listed for Squishy Squad, Shopverse, Expandables, Soulware and possibly CryptoWalkers and plan to mint all of them for quick flips. If some of the Soulware are rare, I may hold onto them, but unless I'm really attached, they're gone. My fiance just bought a Desperate Ape Wife and I'm about to pull the trigger on two DAWs to get back into the project before I'm priced out after fire selling my three DAWs a few weeks ago to buy into JRNY NFT. Getting strong offers on my Angry Apes and have high aspirations for that project. Glad to see the bleeding stop on CryptoPunks for now...NFTs have been rough, lately.

Based on my experience so far, most of the money is in quick-flipping NFTs. Holding they have dropped below those initial prices 100% of the time in the ones I've watched. The only question at that point is which ones are worth getting into for a more permanent hold.

#4997 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Based on my experience so far, most of the money is in quick-flipping NFTs. Holding they have dropped below those initial prices 100% of the time in the ones I've watched. The only question at that point is which ones are worth getting into for a more permanent hold.

That’s really what I’ve seen as well. Unless you’re in on one of the 2-3 that actually become worth something. All the rest have the initial hype, a very short run up and then they crash back to earth.

I’ve lost my $15k and have learned my very expensive lesson.

#4998 2 years ago

That’s really what I’ve seen as well. Unless you’re in on one of the 2-3 that actually become worth something. All the rest have the initial hype, a very short run up and then they crash back to earth.

I think NFT's are designed to liberate coin from miners who got mined or free coin.

Buying them with cash is way too risky IMHO...

#4999 2 years ago

To be fair the ones you picked you dig little to no research on and you bought them at the high points. The ones you lost money on are both still way above mint cost.

#5000 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

To be fair the ones you picked you dig little to no research on and you bought them at the high points. The ones you lost money on are both still way above mint cost.

I’ve been watching the NFT market and most projects have an initial run up and then slowly degrade as time progresses. They might be above mint, but everything I’ve been paying attention to just appears to die a slow death.

As for buying them at their high point, that obviously wasn’t the objective. I don’t own a crystal ball. Both seemed like solid projects when I bought them.

There are 8,270 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/100 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.