(Topic ID: 287467)

Cryptocurrency, Bitcoin, and Decentralized Finance (DeFi)

By Isochronic_Frost

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 8,269 posts
  • 230 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 18 hours ago by Pdxmonkey
  • Topic is favorited by 120 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8034 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8010 (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
Screenshot_20240416_090601_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7954 (resized).png
20240329_184954 (resized).jpg
20240317_103033 (resized).jpg
financially-recover-i-am-never-going-to-financially-recover-from-this.gif
Screenshot_20240313_204806_X (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240310_000329_X (resized).jpg
IMG_7748 (resized).jpeg
IMG_7747 (resized).png
btc (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 166.
#5301 2 years ago

So then how do you get your money in/out?

#5302 2 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

So then how do you get your money in/out?

There is a withdraw option in the app. I haven’t tested it though.

Support responded to my follow up and told me that the app and the online exchange require different regulatory approval to operate in the US.

I did like the fact that you can get support from a real person. All the other exchange support interactions are filled with people never receiving support. I was able to get my questions answered within an hour or so.

If they come up with an exchange that actually has support, that’s going to give them a big leg up on other exchanges.

#5303 2 years ago
Quoted from Spyderturbo007:

Anyone around here use a Ledger? I dug mine out of the box from 4 years ago and have a few questions. I'm using Ledger Live which apparently is where you create the accounts. The apps get installed on the actual hardware device itself which I know stores the private keys. What I'm confused about is why I even need the apps on the device?

I use a Ledger Nano X, you are right about storing the private keys on the device.
Secondly the app generates the public keys when you send crypto, in Ledger Live you then have to connect your device, and on the device (within the app) you have to approve the generated public key before the transaction is send.

(PS plenty of youtube tutorials which descibe receiving and sending with a Ledger)

#5304 2 years ago

But only to send I would assume?

Correct.

#5305 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

I haven't got my card yet either and it's been 30 days. I did this card staking, then transferred the rest of my CRO to their wallet and staked that at a higher rate. I'm expecting there to be alot of interest in this as the stadium is renamed and they run a Superbowl ad, so I wanted to get it all locked in early. I originally opened the crypto.com account just to buy some SAND.

Still waiting on my card as well. They said it's been shipped, so this week should have it?

#5306 2 years ago

Any opensea users do the $SOS claim?

https://www.google.com/search?q=%24sos+airdrop&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:ef8a316a,vid:MGdD7YcLJXA,st:0

They just gave me me a bunch of free tokens

https://www.theopendao.com/
Dyor of course

FC56234A-7DCD-42F7-AAC7-E26E5FCA968D (resized).jpegFC56234A-7DCD-42F7-AAC7-E26E5FCA968D (resized).jpeg

#5307 2 years ago

I hear it's safe, and everyone has 6 months to claim so I'm waiting for 2022. I have less than 1/10th of what you do available, but no complaints!

#5308 2 years ago

Looked legit enough for me to try…

Definitely disconnected from their site after the drop went through. Still have all my stuff. Price of SOS is going up too.

#5309 2 years ago

Thanks to you, I checked this out and claimed my SOS! I ended up with around $5000 worth of SOS...I guess Christmas came early, lol!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5310 2 years ago

132 ETH spent... wow.. I spent 3 ETH

Merry Xmas everyone!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5311 2 years ago

Value on SOS keeps going up.

#5312 2 years ago

Don't forget if you stake cro in the defi wallet that you can compound interest. You can claim your rewards as often as you like (fee is almost 0 to claim) and stake it in the original amount. I'm claiming every couple of days to take advantage of that feature

#5313 2 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Don't forget if you stake cro in the defi wallet that you can compound interest. You can claim your rewards as often as you like (fee is almost 0 to claim) and stake it in the original amount. I'm claiming every couple of days to take advantage of that feature

From what I’m seeing, without the $4,000 card, you can’t stake anything. Or is there something I’m missing?

#5314 2 years ago

SOS still going up…tempting to buy some.
Free drop over 3k now…glad I claimed it when price was lower.

Merry Christmas Folks
Gambling Apes did a stealth drop of Xmas Apes.

#5315 2 years ago

From what I’m seeing, without the $4,000 card, you can’t stake anything. Or is there something I’m missing?

That might be correct. I started with the $400 card last year when the price was peanuts so that 10x in price allowed me to upgrade to the 4000 card automatically and it was then I staked more in the defi wallet.

#5316 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

SOS still going up…tempting to buy some.
Merry Christmas Folks
Gambling Apes did a stealth drop of Xmas Apes.

Where can one buy SOS tokens? I’m tempted to add a few million more in case these things moon!

#5317 2 years ago

DAW floor seems low. Do you guys think this still has any chance or is it a sinking ship?

#5318 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

DAW floor seems low. Do you guys think this still has any chance or is it a sinking ship?

I’m HODLing my two DAWs. Too many celebs invested at this point and some selling for big $. They’ve been up and down before, don’t recommend paper handing these. If you need the ETH, then by all means

#5319 2 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Where can one buy SOS tokens? I’m tempted to add a few million more in case these things moon!

Uniswap

If you haven’t used it before it’s pretty easy.
Connect MetaMask
Add SOS token by contract address
Go to swap
Trade Eth for SOS

#5320 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

It doesn't matter when it's claimed, does it? I looked earlier this morning and it showed I was eligible for 13 million or so SOS. I was waiting for cheaper gas so I just claimed them a few minutes ago and I still got the 13 million.

Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Merry Christmas Folks

Merry Christmas!

#5322 2 years ago

It doesn't matter when it's claimed, does it? I looked earlier this morning and it showed I was eligible for 13 million or so SOS. I was waiting for cheaper gas so I just claimed them a few minutes ago and I still got the 13 million.

Merry Christmas!

Doesn’t matter, screenshot already happened so the airdrop amount is fixed.

#5323 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Here a good one, if you’re a discord user.
Remember 99% of DM are scams or spam on discord.
There’s a raffle under giveaways for like 7 more hours. Giving away 100 spots. Easy x4 mint cost same day.
https://discord.gg/we-are-the-night

Minted and everything is over x3 already.
I ran out of Eth so just watching this one.

#5324 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

Doesn’t matter, screenshot already happened so the airdrop amount is fixed.

Cool. I was confused when you made the comment of being glad you had claimed it when the price lower.

#5325 2 years ago

You’re taxed as income at the current price. Which is why some ppl are waiting till next year. But if the the price increases it’s more taxes.

#5326 2 years ago
Quoted from Pdxmonkey:

You’re taxed as income at the current price. Which is why some ppl are waiting till next year. But if the the price increases it’s more taxes.

You can always sell some to cover taxes.. I'm waiting until next year, but it's not much.

#5327 2 years ago

Ahhh. Got a hot tip on these nft collection on Christmas day. https://opensea.io/collection/5555stakerclass

They were available for 0.055 eth.....1 day later 1 eth floor price!

I only had my phone on me and it didn't work easily to transfer eth to poly so I left it and forgot about it until the price had jumped

#5328 2 years ago
Quoted from robm:

Ahhh. Got a hot tip on these nft collection on Christmas day. https://opensea.io/collection/5555stakerclass
They were available for 0.055 eth.....1 day later 1 eth floor price!
I only had my phone on me and it didn't work easily to transfer eth to poly so I left it and forgot about it until the price had jumped

66 units with 8eth traded.what an interesting project.

#5329 2 years ago

Grabbed one anyway.

Sure hope all these NFT's pick up one day.

DAW8500 (resized).pngDAW8500 (resized).png
#5330 2 years ago

Do you guys leave your NFT's in your metamask wallet or do you transfer them to your ledger?

#5331 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Do you guys leave your NFT's in your metamask wallet or do you transfer them to your ledger?

Mine are in Metamask because I’ve read horror stories of NFT and hardware wallet incompatibilities.

#5332 2 years ago

My prediction (and I've been wrong before), this entire NFT market blows up (in the worst way)...2 years.

#5333 2 years ago

Mine are in Metamask because I’ve read horror stories of NFT and hardware wallet incompatibilities.

Well, there's 100% no issue with holding them in a hardware wallet. Some people have had issues with minting in a hardware wallet. All I can tell you is that I've minted plenty with a Ledger with no issues, so I have no idea where your horror stories come from.

#5334 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

My prediction (and I've been wrong before), this entire NFT market blows up (in the worst way)...2 years.

Well let's color that a bit. Just like most crypto projects, most NFT projects will die at a near zero valuation. The ones that survive will take over the world. So it's up to you to choose wisely because NFTs are here to stay.

#5335 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Well let's color that a bit. Just like most crypto projects, most NFT projects will die at a near zero valuation. The ones that survive will take over the world. So it's up to you to choose wisely because NFTs are here to stay.

I agree they are here to stay. I think the value of all existing high profile NFT's will drop dramatically...all. I could be dead wrong.

#5336 2 years ago
Quoted from Baiter:

Well, there's 100% no issue with holding them in a hardware wallet. Some people have had issues with minting in a hardware wallet. All I can tell you is that I've minted plenty with a Ledger with no issues, so I have no idea where your horror stories come from.

I’ve seen the discussion over on both NFT discord servers I joined. Good to know that it’s 100% safe to send them to my Trezor. Thanks!

#5337 2 years ago

Looks like we might get plowed again overnight. I bought some more CRO the other day right before it pulled back.

#5338 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

Grabbed one anyway.
Sure hope all these NFT's pick up one day.
[quoted image]

Wise buy Sir. Now HODL that beauty and watch it increase in value.

#5339 2 years ago
Quoted from pninja005:

All of mine are in MetaMask hot wallet except for the CryptoPunks which are on a Ledger Nano X. I may move some high value NFTs out of MetaMask wallet soon with all of the scams going on.

#5340 2 years ago

So I aped into those Disney Steamboat Willie NFTs on Veve when they dropped about a week ago. As predicted, the ultra rare Willie has 2x’d in value very quickly and the uncommon and commons are also doing very well. I hope Veve offers a fiat off-ramp soon, I’m definitely not buying any more gems with credit card. Just flipping my existing Veve NFTs for profit and selectively buying newer drops.

583D2A00-96DE-4FE5-AFD7-D6891740E808 (resized).png583D2A00-96DE-4FE5-AFD7-D6891740E808 (resized).pngD108E1A1-8D1D-4F8C-9373-A68D45EF2B28 (resized).pngD108E1A1-8D1D-4F8C-9373-A68D45EF2B28 (resized).png
#5341 2 years ago

Looking dicey

Btc to 42k this week?

So much fighting
https://aggr.trade/

#5342 2 years ago

This appears to be the same story all over again. Slow bleed for a few days, which I’m sure is going to be followed by a big ass pull back / crash late Wednesday or Thursday.

Anyone else still convinced this is a bull market?

#5343 2 years ago

This appears to be the same story all over again. Slow bleed for a few days, which I’m sure is going to be followed by a big ass pull back / crash late Wednesday or Thursday.

I think it's still a bull market. I've been buying the dips. I think the levels where a lot of my coins sit is still much higher than where they were 6 or 8 months ago and their recent lows are much higher than their old lows. I'm feeling bullish over the next 6 months.

#5344 2 years ago

You really are a "glass half empty" guy. Bull market, bear market... I seriously don't care. Long term it's going up.

#5345 2 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

You really are a "glass half empty" guy. Bull market, bear market... I seriously don't care. Long term it's going up.

Only when I watch my investments vaporize.

Maybe I’m the only one that feels better when they bitch about losses?

#5346 2 years ago

Are you down on your crypto investments though? Or just some unrealized gains from some coins hitting an ATH for a while? I'm still way up on everything except my recent foray into CRO, which I expect to make a bunch of money from staking, the debit card cashback deal, and when it eventually goes up over the next year or two. ETH I'm insanely up on for the year, BTC as well although I don't have that much now, and my couple of alts are doing pretty decent, especially ATOM which I've been earning interest on and doubled this year. None of them are at their all time highs, but if I chart their progress for the year, it's up up up on about everything. Maybe charting this stuff by the year instead of the day, week or month keeps my bullish optimism going.

#5347 2 years ago
Quoted from nwpinball:

CRO, which I expect to make a bunch of money from staking, the debit card cashback deal,

I just noticed that funding my CDC card with $300 cost me $308. Anybody else have this issue? If so, it negates my 2% rewards.

#5348 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:I just noticed that funding my CDC card with $300 cost me $308. Anybody else have this issue? If so, it negates my 2% rewards.

I do an OSKO payment from my bank (pay to an email address) into the FIAT wallet, then top up card from there. No fees

#5349 2 years ago

I still need to get to the $4000 mark with CRO since you can't get any staking rewards with the $400 level. The recent 15% drop from my last purchase isn't helping. There is also a lot of other stuff on sale that's enticing right now so I'm not sure I want to plow more money into CRO.

They came out of the gate swinging, but I'm not sure how long that can last. They are burning cash like I've never seen another project burn.

#5350 2 years ago
Quoted from PinballKen:

I just noticed that funding my CDC card with $300 cost me $308. Anybody else have this issue? If so, it negates my 2% rewards.

I did a 200 top up to test.
No extra charge from the card or my bank.

There is a 2.5% charge for buying a crypto. But there’s a fee at all exchanges. Crypto.com isn’t the cheapest place. I only am buying Sand there because I can’t get it elsewhere easily

There are 8,269 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 166.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/cryptocurrency-and-decentralized-finance-defi/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.