(Topic ID: 92205)

What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!

By MiamiRedSkin

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 28,658 posts
  • 2,297 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 hours ago by Schusler
  • Topic is favorited by 581 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_8284 (resized).jpeg
IMG_9525 (resized).jpg
DSC01924 (resized).JPG
DSC01920 (resized).JPG
DSC01929 (resized).JPG
E401A3EA-3BBA-4B16-9F6D-4152FA314772 (resized).jpeg
4A5E26ED-B0C8-43CC-A70B-7D256378ADB9 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20240422_205151828.jpg
IMG_2294 (resized).JPG
PXL_20240422_014624665 (resized).jpg
IMG_5605 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5587 Large (resized).jpeg
IMG_5204 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5205 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5206 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0388 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koji.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#22872 2 years ago

Been looking for a while, had to take a ride in a truck through some mountains, but it's home now..

eeeee hehehehehehehehehe

tftc_received (resized).pngtftc_received (resized).png
#22881 2 years ago
Quoted from P1nhead:

With a NOS playfield??!

Yes, probably one of the ultimate TFTC machine special lots.

Also came with what is in the photo, and cab decals, alternate translite. Art blades.. .. list goes on...
It's tough tho, It's tempting to swap in the PF, but the current one is a solid 8/10 with the scoop fixed up... and swapping a TFTC PF seems a bit crazy at this point in my life.. lol

Anyway, game isn't going anywhere.. so I've got as long time to ponder when I'll install it

20220202_151654 (resized).jpg20220202_151654 (resized).jpg
#22921 2 years ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Picked this 1 up yesterday. Just set it up, now time to give it a good cleaning
[quoted image]

Looks awesome. Never tried it, but gameplay looks fast and furious.

#22949 2 years ago
Quoted from KSUWildcatFan:

I'll have to check it out. I'm a long way away from being anywhere near ready to take on a QS conversion but it's definitely something I want to do. This Galaxy is in pretty gross shape (bad backglass, hiiiiilariously painted cab, meh/average playfield) but I'll make it an okay player in my shop for a bit while I move through some of these other projects.

Even without the update, Galaxy is a great game.

1 month later
#23338 2 years ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

Picked it up a few days ago but just got it set up. It's the nicest one I've seen.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

... and you've got the Crescendo drop target upgrade!

#23345 2 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

mandatory in the car shot. 8 hour beautiful sunny roundtrip. [quoted image]

Was that the crazily priced one in BC? .. or maybe he has come down a bit needing to move it along?

#23347 2 years ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Crazily priced is in the eye of the beholder but yes this was the one from BC. I did pay significantly less then his asking price. He said he had offers for more than I paid for it, but the buyers were having issues setting up shipping since Nelson is kind of in the middle of nowhere, beautiful area, but remote, and the whole border with the US thing. Nice guy too, would deal with again.
setup next to Fathom, nice pair if you ask me.[quoted image]

Nice, congrats on that pick up. Yes... pinball pricing is totally subjective. Crazy price today, is tomorrow's bargain

2 weeks later
#23485 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

Both of these came in yesterday thanks to brobra
Egghead departs in two weeks tho
[quoted image][quoted image]

Congrats on the demo man.. people seem to be figuring out it's a great game .

Be sure to get the full home rom sound pack with the latest Soren rom patches for better balanced play options.

#23498 1 year ago
20220428_170433 (resized).jpg20220428_170433 (resized).jpg
#23500 1 year ago
Quoted from La4s:

Nice pickup. Great soundtrack.

Thanks.. Yeah I enjoy it for sure.. Going to need some work and a good clean to make it speedy... But mostly works.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#23514 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Hey! I bought my CV for $19,000 too! See, things haven’t changed in 24 years. Oh, wait. JK. I didn’t pay 10x what he paid. Only 5x.

Well, maybe $1900 in the bank 24 yrs ago + 24yrs of storage locker rental.. you came out ahead

3 weeks later
#23681 1 year ago
Quoted from Willathrilla:

2,800 km (1,750 miles) in two days. Got to catch up with two great pinsiders and brought two games home. Thanks blowback1976 and Pinhead306!

Solar ride! If you could adjust the rom so the drop target special would be worth 50k or so, it would be a crazy game at tournaments.. Always wanted to do that ..

This feature was supposed to be on the niumph but it kicks in for score as well and still didn't work in this case. Not sure about pascal if the rom adjustment actually works for this special.

1 week later
#23779 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

Picked it up last week but power has been out after a crazy storm. My first EM Project. Was not working but it’s almost 100% now. Easier than I thought to troubleshoot(with schematics).

Very nice.. it's amazing, I've seen a few of these, and the PF is always perfect.. that Euro finish really delivered.

#23787 1 year ago
Quoted from MrMikeman:

I believe it's a hardtop. Or at the very least it's a full pf mylar. Not sure if the artwork would stay if I removed the mylar.

Yeah, that is how they came originally.. just a great bullet proof finish.

#23792 1 year ago
Quoted from transprtr4u:

The disease has started! Congratulations on your first pin , the second one will be beside it soon enough...

Yup, T3 even provides instructions on them:

"Pin here, and here"

2 months later
#24360 1 year ago
Quoted from Bonk:

Thanks to another pinside user that posted a link to an estate sale in the project thread, I was able to grab this Sky Jump in town about 10 minutes away. Looking forward to working on this one, should clean up nice. [quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Well done.. that is an amazing looking example..

2 weeks later
#24486 1 year ago
Quoted from paulbaptiste:

Absolutely gorgeous game and incredibly fun. I’ve been looking for one of these since I got in the hobby. Now to find a Viking…

Good choice!, they make a great pair

20220829_094445 (resized).jpg20220829_094445 (resized).jpg
#24509 1 year ago
Quoted from HighProtein:

SEND A MANIAC
TO CATCH A MANIAC

Nice!.. .. and if you have the vulgarity enabled on home rom, that call out is followed by something that sounds like "bucket".

1 week later
#24583 1 year ago

Just picked up today. My first HUO EM . Lucky to live in the Greater Vancouver region as these gems pop-up now and then.. likely from the Time Travel warehouse my guess... Wood just tells the story it has not been moved around a lot.

20220909_191226 (resized).jpg20220909_191226 (resized).jpg20220909_202856 (resized).jpg20220909_202856 (resized).jpg
#24585 1 year ago
Quoted from pinball2020:

Congratulations and well done! That is a glorious looking Zacc! Play it in good health! Gotta say cleanest looking Combat I have seen so far (apologies to Pinside members with crispy looking Combat machines themselves ).

Thank you, yeah can't wait to try it.. looks like an interesting game. Great rules.. Need to work out a few issues and try to fix the sound which is off even by beep boop standards.

#24596 1 year ago
Quoted from Pyromedic:

Not a pinball, but a grail for me.
1st pick up in a awhile.

Love the ramped corners. We used to kick the ball and trap it on the back wall and then try to flick it to the other net. Can get pretty good at that with enough practice.

2 weeks later
#24694 1 year ago
Quoted from Donysius:

Yesterday got my very first pinball machine at home and man I felt like a glad little boy
Really love this Jokerz! pinball machine.
Next on my wishlist is the Road Show machine
[quoted image]

Wow.. Amazing condition from the look of it as well! Congratulations!

Last time I checked the ramps on this one are unobtanium, so treat them as such!

3 weeks later
#24876 1 year ago

Yay. My turn.. will need a good clean and shop still.. I've acquired 54 games over the years, but this is my first Lawlor at # 55.

20221019_182513 (resized).jpg20221019_182513 (resized).jpg
#24906 1 year ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

Worked too fast to grab an in progress picture. I needed to make a quick run and be home to get the kids in bed. Luckily I found a new friend to help me speed unload and setup this JP pro I added tonight. Did I buy the van for the family or for me to haul pins? Hmm...

Great pin hauler.. nice and low to load/unload.. lots of height

2 weeks later
#25042 1 year ago

SS Classic goodness.

20221108_222909 (resized).jpg20221108_222909 (resized).jpg
#25121 1 year ago
Quoted from illawarra92:

another project. williams Spot Pool from 1959
woodrails very rarely turn up in australia. this one has also been sitting for about 40 years so will need a full rebuild.
has a hand painted backglass so will need a new one from backglass resto.[quoted image]

Woodrails are pretty rare everywhere these days.

Well done!.. Looks to be in very nice shape, looking forward to seeing it in full glory!

1 week later
#25262 1 year ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Gonna miss Harlem Globetrotters, but I’m stoked to have my 1st wide body in my hands!
[quoted image]

Nice one! Such a great title with the sound effects, and the play where you need to think a bit about your shots.

1 month later
#25677 1 year ago

Still needs a good cleaning... Was not starting for the seller, but she must have sensed my urgency and let me flip right after getting her set up.

20230110_233518 (resized).jpg20230110_233518 (resized).jpg
#25680 1 year ago
Quoted from PlanetExpress:

First 60’s wedgehead…. I’ve been looking for one, so happy to see one pop up locally (10miles)
[quoted image]
Playfield and backglass are pretty good (a spot of wear and a bit of bubbling), cab is decent except for the repainted head.

Love this game, great challenge for special, and the layout really works for skillful play.

1 week later
#25764 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Guess this game was on location in a rough neighborhood.
Some Hannibal lecter shit !
[quoted image]

Well.. it is a lethal weapon.... >drum<

#25825 1 year ago

Oh, I see how it is! lmao

It's a nice example. Somehow when you are used to poor score projects, a fair price feels like over payment

1 week later
#25904 1 year ago
Quoted from Taygeta:

After getting off my early shift at work I drove back and forth to my distributor to drop off a Baywatch and Last Action Hero and bring home a sweet condition Fire Queen and a 007 pro. 5 hours back and forth and a very sore back for the weekend. Moving pins used to be so easy in my 20s! Not so much any more
I’ve had over 100 different pins and this is somehow my first EM. Don’t know why I waited so long to get one, they’re so different and have a charm that solid states and DMD/modern games lack. Like playing a piece of history.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice! Agree, something special about an EM. I'll always have at least one to round out the line-up.

1 week later
#26020 1 year ago

He was pretty clean despite himself.. But I will need to swap out some leds.. The colored leds in the gi aren't doing it for me. Not sure about the white either.. Maybe warmer.

Anyway, brought home today. Time to find some hot dogs and clean the streets.

20230213_230627 (resized).jpg20230213_230627 (resized).jpg
#26024 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinhead306:

Awesome pickup! One of my favourite Williams games.

Thank you, glad to hear it. Hard to know how much you'll like a game until owning it I find. I like that the buildings and HQ you go into etc, have a real diorama aspect which many pinballs aspire to, but this one seems really well done.

3 weeks later
#26193 1 year ago
Quoted from Scotty_K:

Heck, have 'em help set it up!

Yup.. either that or...

It's getting kind of late.. YAWN_..

lol

2 weeks later
#26304 1 year ago

This wasn't at all on my wishlist, tbh, but the price seemed too low to pass up..since I'm apparently a sucker for every SEI Stern I find. My buddy took delivery for me until I can either come get it or he's passing through.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great game! congrats! Usually the BGs are toast, but that seems presentable.. even if I would be tempted to repro it with another M word lane.

#26309 1 year ago
Quoted from mmuglia:

I picked up a MBr Classic today. I got it home and added the color display chip, under cabinet lighting, speaker lights, and the Flyland art blades. I'll be adding 3-4 spotlights and trough lighting to brighten up the playfield. Still looking for a nice topper.

Those art blades are great! congrats!

1 month later
#26518 12 months ago
Quoted from smognote:

I am too excited ,I had to post. Yesterday I was told on speaker phone through my wife that my mother in law bought me a shadow pin. I knew she knew someone that was moving and was getting rid of it,so I said let them know if I could buy it. She was very quiet for a while so I stopped talking about it. Yesterday she called and said she bought it for me. She said the reason it took so long for her to say anything is because she said they would not sell it to her until it was fixed completely. Once they finally got it she made the call to my wife over speaker. They will bring it the day before Mother’s Day. I am super excited. I never played it but read a lot of positive comments. I can’t wait. Pics will follow in about 2 weeks. Hell yeah. Who loves their mother in law. You bet your ass I do!!!

Dang.. I'm trying to calculate the odds of my mother in law buying me a Pinball.. It's about 3720 to 1.

Congrats on Shadow, great players game, with really good rules.

1 week later
#26574 11 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

SCORE SCORE SCORE.
Allentown was a blast, but everyone was asking “why are you only staying for a few hours when it’s almost a 4 hour drive both ways?!?” I couldn’t risk blowing this.
bluespin you are the best. I own you a lobster dinner!
This estate sale was only 25 minutes from my house. I went into this thinking there is no way I’m gonna snag it, always miss it by a hair! We got there a half hour early and the entire cul-de-sac was full of cars. The whole road was lined with cars. There was no way some other pinhead wasn’t already in line, ready to pounce.
We got there and had to sign up for either the house or the barn. Did my research and knew exactly where it was. They lined us up and some guy behind me started talking “oh yeah they’ve got an old pinball in there, can’t wait ” and I told him, “yeah, we’ve been checking it out!” Good to get a read on the crowd. Asked the estate sale guy what they were asking and he said $XXXX. The guy behind me balked and said “they only sell for $700-$900!”
Not sure what universe he lives in... either way, they gave us all numbers and Taffy and I were one number ahead of the other guy. ONE NUMBER. Only because he signed up for the wrong one first!!
We got in there and booked it right down to the basement. There it was, in all its glory tucked next to 3 Christmas trees and a huge craps table. The room next door was a sauna and a massive hot tub. Dude’s basement had THREE bathrooms.
Can’t imagine the wild party’s he must have thrown!
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
There was this awesome neon sign hung over the gambling room that we bundled into the deal as well. What a great morning!![quoted image]
I’m still in awe. Cannot believe I’m posting this sitting next to the most beautiful Alien Star I’ve laid eyes on. It has the name and handwritten notes from a longtime local tech, with everything that was wrong with it and what was fixed. It’s really such a nice survivor, and I am grateful to everyone who’s helped me score deals like this and rescue these machines from boneheads who suggest forcing the head down as hard has possible,
CANNOT BELIEVE I OWN AN ALIEN STAR.

Congrats! Thanks for sharing the awesome story. Great when these things can work out for the right people.

3 weeks later
#26706 11 months ago

Beat playfield and glass, but mechs were clean and I was just missing my sys1s so much..

20230528_140919 (resized).jpg20230528_140919 (resized).jpg
#26711 10 months ago
Quoted from EJS:

Picked this up today, it’s bitter sweet, the glass is nice and it’s had a lot of work and new parts but the center of the playfield has been painted. Any idea what it’s worth because of this? Hoping I didn’t pay too much but it’s a fun playing game my friend owns one of these.

Pinside shows estimated value
$550 - $650

As a working machine, I'd still put it in the ~~$600+ range for fair value.. although fair value, and what you can actually get for a non- A-list title are often different based on location.

BG looks nice!.. is it glass? I only ask because I had picked one of these up, BG was beautiful, and was an original acrylic one, which it seems are much more resilient than the glass.

2 months later
#27122 8 months ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Not pinball but just finished fixing up one of my favorite arcade games growing up to add to the lineup...

Awesome. I remember finishing the nes version as a kid.. Tough game!

1 month later
#27372 7 months ago

Ready to battle some gorgons

First I'll need to figure out something for the kickback post, some transparent flipper bats. One of my early pinball memories.. See if she holds up.

20230910_182159 (resized).jpg20230910_182159 (resized).jpg
#27374 7 months ago
Quoted from play_pinball:

Looks like Marco actually has the kickback post in stock: https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/C-972-1

just a 3d printed one unfortunately. I figured I would design one that I can glue a regular red post on so it will look more correct.

2 weeks later
#27444 7 months ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

A project Memory lane just joined the collection. Rough cab. Nice playfield.

Nice one. Fun game, usually the BGs are toast as well, but that one looks decent.

3 weeks later
#27626 6 months ago
Quoted from ArcadeRaid:

Hated by a lot of people who have never played it but brought home this SW Home Pin this week and the family is having fun. [quoted image][quoted image]

Hard to beat that one for pure pinball enjoyment. Only people that are annoyed by Stern reruns hate it.

1 month later
#27905 4 months ago
Quoted from BorgDog:

Filled out the all Star lineup today with my first 'modern' Stern.
Still need to add a Star Wars (of some variety) and Star Gazer someday. I'm sure there are more, but that will more than satisfy me.
[quoted image]

That's awesome..

Maybe a Stern Star Wars and a Bally Star Jet to cover the eras

4 weeks later
#27995 3 months ago

New year. New pin.

20240103_155306 (resized).jpg20240103_155306 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#28384 52 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is a new term. For me, anyway.
I have used the sweat solder method over the years.
But what is drag solder?

With surface mount ICs, you can solder one leg to lock it in place. Then with the right heat and flux, kind of drag the solder slowly along the other legs, it flows around the solder mask and works like magic.

I think what barakandl mentioned is key:
"I avoid densely placing parts. Avoid anything smaller than 0805 and standard outline chip"

I worked on a new 3DS once, and some of those parts are so small and densely packed, it's nuts. At the same time, most pinball boards using SMD are quite serviceable... coming back to through hole feels like playing with Duplo parts

#28423 49 days ago
Quoted from Flynnyfalcon:

Never owned an early Gottlieb, this popped up in my local area and I couldn't say no to such an awesome theme. The Gottlieb spinners really suck compared to the early Sterns, but gameplay is fun. The Rototarget is very cool.
[quoted image]

Nice.. I always loved the extra ball collect on the outland if_ the roto-target was set for it. Fun game!

1 week later
#28463 40 days ago

Just picked this project up. Luckily I was able to get it flipping without too much work.

Such a shame on the Backbox lamps tho. Surprised the empire didn't come investigating with all these death star sightings.

Hoping to be able to figure out a way to mitigate this op spinner people are talking about.

20240315_204117 (resized).jpg20240315_204117 (resized).jpg20240315_220641 (resized).jpg20240315_220641 (resized).jpg
#28465 40 days ago
Quoted from OldHockeyGuy:

Love the sounds on my Ice Fever. Happy game.

Love your username and collection. I was just pondering the achievement of having the three hockey titles you have... Some how I thought you might have them and there they are. Was wondering if there are more dedicated pins for hockey, or if that's it?

#28491 38 days ago
Quoted from Colsond3:

Well it looks like somebody else could take home the Area 51 arcade I gave away yesterday. But now for $400.
So much for the nice gesture.
https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1369549433699978/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post
[quoted image]

He should re write the description..

Broke my back trying to load this free arcade yesterday .. Need $400 for physio.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Twisted Tokens

$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 10.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

5,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RamMods

800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Oceanside, NY
$ 19.99
$ 22.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 33.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Machine - For Sale
Orange, CA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider koji.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-machine-did-you-bring-home-today-post-your-pictures?tu=koji and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.