Topic Stats

• 2,573 posts
  • 810 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 days ago by red-line
  • Topic is favorited by 189 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240423_144609 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #1 Wiki List Posted by MrSanRamon (11 years ago)

Post #2024 Multimorphic size & weight diagram Posted by Hi-Fi (1 year ago)

Post #2199 How to measure your vehicle. Posted by MrSanRamon (1 year ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#235 9 years ago
    Quoted from Toyguy:

I was pleased to discover that the Prius V could handle a Black Hole and a Paragon. Different trips of course

With the Prius V do pins fit with the head folded down?

4 years later
    #1273 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm if the newest Mazda CX-5 generation, 2017+, can fit a pin with the head folded down? Searched through thread but haven't seen confirmation for the 2017+ models.

#1279 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Honestly, it’s not a dealbreaker at all. If you like the CX-5, get it. It still hauls a pin just fine.
    As far as I’m concerned, it’s lightyears ahead of both Toyota and Honda in terms of refinement, quietness, interior quality, and handling. It’s the superior choice. If you’re only hauling a game once in a while, it’s a fine vehicle to own.

Yeah really like the styling, and featues on the 2017+ CX-5's. I'm looking at used 2018 models. I wonder if the larger CX-9 can fit a pin without having to put it on its side? Would prefer a CX-5 though due to the lower price and better gas mileage.

#1282 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I agree with everything you said. The thing that kept me from buying the CR-V was the turbo, CVT, and the oil dilution issues that still seem to plague the engine design. I would've compromised with the LX model with the naturally aspirated engine, but I'm still not a fan at all of CVTs, and I wanted more features than the LX offered.
    I would've bought the RAV4, since it ticks all the other aforementioned boxes, but I just liked the interior refinement and quietness of the CX-5 more. The thing is at least as quiet and smooth as the Acura my parent's just purchased. Heck, Mazda went so far as to use double pane acoustic glass. It really is impressively hushed. Just felt like a better built vehicle, but that's just me.

Great feedback, thanks! I'm reading very similar things in reviews. The 2017+ CX5's appears to have the more stylish interior, better exterior styling, better pickup, and offers a quieter drive. It's just a bummer it has far less cargo room then the CRV which is where the CRV wins the pinball hauling factor.

If you try to slide a pin the typical way into a 2017+ CX5 does most of it go in? Just curious if you could partially close the hatch and secure it with a bungie cord.

#1285 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

99% of the game slides in. You could easily bungee the game and haul it that way. I’d have done that if I weren’t driving back to NJ from Cincinnati.
    I’m still slightly convinced that any other game will slide in normally. It’s barely a half inch lip on the tailgate that prevents the game from sliding in, and the Capcom cabinet is slightly taller than a WPC game.
    Once the game in in the vehicle, there’s a ton of extra space. It’s just that damn lower tailgate lip.

Ok cool thanks! Sounds like modern Sterns, 90's Williams, and JJP games fit just fine with the head folded down on 2017+ models? Just the Capcom ones need to be turned on their side?

Quoted from pinballjj:

just to clarify a cx5 later than 2017 will fit modern stern pins and most others but will not fit a Capcom?

This is the main question I'm wondering as well.

#1293 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

If I have the time, I’ll try to slide in one of my WPC and System 11 games in the back to confirm. Can’t confirm JJP or Stern since I don’t own one and can’t take measurements

Thank you That's a lot to go through, maybe the measurement below will be good enough?

Quoted from pinballjj:

maybe just measure the height of the folded cap com that would not fit? , think a stern needs 29" ( or is it 29.5"?)
    thanks if you can post this

Yeah that works! I think I'll be getting a used Mazda 2019 Grand Touring AWD next year. Seeing some good used prices in the low to mid 20's for them with under 20k miles.

2 months later
    #1357 4 years ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

Any updates on this?

It seems like the 2017 + CX5's can't fit a pin with the head folded down from what I'm reading here. Almost all of the latest generation more affordable smaller SUV's such as the 2018 + Terrain, Equinox, and 2017+ CX5 added a more severe slope to the back of their designs. Didn't these companies know this would lead to pins not fitting?! Haha.

I'm now looking at used 2019 Toyota RAV4's. Those should be able to fit a pin from what I'm reading as the cargo area is taller. They are a more a bit more pricey then the Terrians, Equinoxes, and CX5's I've been looking at but still look nice and have great reliability.

4 months later
    #1417 3 years ago
    Quoted from MLmotorsport:

I'll add one that I was surprised with today.
    Buick Encore
    (2018 but all models 2013-2020 should be identical in the cargo area)
    I wasn't planning on using it to move my FH today but we did quick measurements and much to my surprise it worked with room to spare. A couple inches of depth still available with the front seats all the way back. A few inches on either side and 2"+ clearance above the folded head at the opening.
    [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Quoted from mbaumle:

I finally got around to fitting a game that isn’t a Capcom into the 2017+ Mazda CX-5
    And, it fits a System 11 Taxi just fine, with room to spare. I assume this means it will fit all standard WPC games as well.
    [quoted image]

Thanks to you both for the pictures! I now have a couple more options to add to my vehicle list. I didn’t think either of those vehicles would fit a pin with the head on, especially the Encore. A 2017+ Mazda CX5 is back at the top of my list!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider panzerfreak.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tu=panzerfreak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.