Topic Stats

• 2,563 posts
  • 808 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by mbl1116
  • Topic is favorited by 187 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.55?PM (resized).png
    Screenshot 2024-03-16 at 6.29.35?PM (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 52.
    #1251 4 years ago
    Quoted from JimFNB:

It should fit unless the folded back box is wider than a standard pin. I’ve hauled several pins in my 2015 Santa Fe sport.
    You have to take off the back seat headrests, slide the folded back seats up as far as you can, and then push down hard on the back seats while you slide the pin in. Much easier if you have a helper.

I'll have to try again at some point. Tried twice now (both Sterns) with same result, yes, removing the head rests and sliding the seat forward (the second time anyway).

#1252 4 years ago
    Quoted from Bigbossfan:

I'll have to try again at some point. Tried twice now (both Sterns) with same result, yes, removing the head rests and sliding the seat forward (the second time anyway).

Pushing down hard on the backseats is the key. Then the rear compartment is flatter and the pin stays flat enough sliding in so the back won't hit the headliner and get stuck.

Here's my post from earlier in this thread -- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/14#post-3979772

I've hauled a Maverick, White Water, MMr, Houdini and Cyclone in my 2015 sport. I always had someone help to load it so I could take care of the back seat thing.

#1253 4 years ago

Anyone have luck with Kia Soul?

#1254 4 years ago
    Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Did you ever figure this one out? I have a Kona and looking at it, I would say no, seems it would be very tight.. however I have not pulled out the tape measure to see.
    Been keeping my rusty old Chevy Uplander for hauling games (pinball and arcade) in the meantime.

Any update on this. For the price, Kona seems like a good car.

1 week later
    #1255 4 years ago
    Quoted from luckycreature:

I own a Soul (actually, I own two) and they do not fit anything but the older EMs because you can remove the head.

I've heard that you can take a modern pin and take off the hinges and slide the head up the machine so it fits in the car, but I'm too chicken to try that.

#1256 4 years ago

Toyota Highlander 2016 works great.

#1257 4 years ago

Any update on this. For the price, Kona seems like a good car.

I did some rough measurements last night. The vertical clearance in the hatch on the back is about 27 inches. The depth is not quite 5 feet to the back of the front seats. You definitely cannot fit a NIB, but unboxed maybe you could fit it sideways and leave the hatch open a bit. Remove the head and I'm sure you could make it work. Overall, I am not desperate enough to move a game that the Kona would be my first choice. Find a friend with a bigger vehicle, or rent a small utility trailer if you've absolutely gotta move a game in a hurry.

I still have my old van for now, which has gotten beaten to pieces with all the games I have moved in it over the years. Outside of hauling games, I have no reason to keep my van around and pay insurance on it and keep it maintained, as I have slowed down quite a bit in buying new games the last year or so. I may look into buying a small trailer I can haul with the Kona for those emergency last minute game pickup trips.

#1258 4 years ago

BMW X1 work? What about an Audi Avant?

#1259 4 years ago

2012 soul will fit a pin
    But you need to push passenger seat all the way up and unbolt the head and slide it as far up to the coin door as far as possible
    I have moved 2 wpc and a data east
    All 3 fit with hatch closed but a tight fit

3 weeks later
    #1260 4 years ago

Does anyone know if a ford ecosport can fit a pinball machine ? With the Backbox on the cabinet, not unplugged Thank you

#1261 4 years ago

Tesla Pickup anyone?
    Who will be the first to post fitablity?

#1262 4 years ago

2011 honda pilot can fit two machines. One folded up and one on its side with the head off.

#1263 4 years ago

Capcom/WPC games will fit in a 2nd Gen (2017-current) Mazda CX-5, but only if game is resting on its side

#1264 4 years ago

The new Tesla Cybertruck ... yes, it hauls pins. Lots of them.

A2A8828F-3E26-475B-BC4E-A529FD937A46 (resized).jpegA2A8828F-3E26-475B-BC4E-A529FD937A46 (resized).jpegFD75AEF5-6B58-4BAA-84EA-6A90073149E4 (resized).jpegFD75AEF5-6B58-4BAA-84EA-6A90073149E4 (resized).jpeg
    #1265 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinster68:

The new Tesla Cybertruck ... yes, it hauls pins. Lots of them.[quoted image][quoted image]

You beat me to the punch.

#1266 4 years ago

Sounds like we are going to be getting my wife's parents Ford Transit. I'm not a hug fan of the color but I'm guessing it can hold a couple pins.

20191127_212119 (resized).jpg20191127_212119 (resized).jpg
    #1267 4 years ago

Anyone know if I can fit a Hobbit (wide body) into a 2016 Toyota Rav4 (non hybrid)? My ACNC fits, and so does my Stern ST.
    Thanks

#1268 4 years ago
    Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Anyone know if I can fit a Hobbit (wide body) into a 2016 Toyota Rav4 (non hybrid)? My ACNC fits, and so does my Stern ST.
    Thanks

Post #1047 of this thread got a widebody STTNG in so JJP games should fit I would think.

#1269 4 years ago

Looks like the Tesla Model Y will be a suitable pinhauler. Recent reports also show a tow-hitch was added, so even more pin hauling prospects.

C0FC4DE8-E2C5-4102-A031-57A9AC1A39F5 (resized).jpegC0FC4DE8-E2C5-4102-A031-57A9AC1A39F5 (resized).jpeg
    #1270 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Post #1047 of this thread got a widebody STTNG in so JJP games should fit I would think.

The backbox width and the overall height of the game when folded are the same as a standard body game so it should fit, just get some help moving that heavy SOB!

#1271 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Capcom/WPC games will fit in a 2nd Gen (2017-current) Mazda CX-5, but only if game is resting on its side

That's kind of a surprise, right? From your measurements beforehand weren't you expecting them to fit no problem?

#1272 4 years ago

Yesterday, I got the Jersey Jack Hobbit into my 2016 Toyota Rav4 (non Hybrid) with ease! Just put a couple layers of cardboard down to help it slide. That pin weighs a whopping 351 LBs!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't have to remove the back box. Folded down, the thickest point of the machine is about 29". You have roughly 32" height to work with. I had the back box end toward rear.

#1273 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm if the newest Mazda CX-5 generation, 2017+, can fit a pin with the head folded down? Searched through thread but haven't seen confirmation for the 2017+ models.

#1274 4 years ago
    Quoted from IN_Pins:

That's kind of a surprise, right? From your measurements beforehand weren't you expecting them to fit no problem?

Big surprise, and also a bit of a disappointment. It doesn't have any issues fitting a game once it's in the vehicle, but the tailgate height is literally just a half inch too tall to slide the game in. Once in though, there's plenty of room to spare. This was with a capcom game though. Not sure if WPC cabinets are shallower. If they are, it shouldn't be an issue to just slide the game right side up.

#1275 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Can anyone confirm if the newest Mazda CX-5 generation, 2017+, can fit a pin with the head folded down? Searched through thread but haven't seen confirmation for the 2017+ models.

#1276 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Big surprise, and also a bit of a disappointment. It doesn't have any issues fitting a game once it's in the vehicle, but the tailgate height is literally just a half inch too tall to slide the game in. Once in though, there's plenty of room to spare. This was with a capcom game though. Not sure if WPC cabinets are shallower. If they are, it shouldn't be an issue to just slide the game right side up.

Arggh. I've been saving for this to be my next car. Now what to do????? Maybe ill go with a rav4 instead.

#1277 4 years ago

I have a 2015 RAV4. Awesome pinhauler.

#1278 4 years ago

I've been saving for this to be my next car. Now what to do?????

Honestly, it’s not a dealbreaker at all. If you like the CX-5, get it. It still hauls a pin just fine.

As far as I’m concerned, it’s lightyears ahead of both Toyota and Honda in terms of refinement, quietness, interior quality, and handling. It’s the superior choice. If you’re only hauling a game once in a while, it’s a fine vehicle to own.

#1279 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Honestly, it’s not a dealbreaker at all. If you like the CX-5, get it. It still hauls a pin just fine.
    As far as I’m concerned, it’s lightyears ahead of both Toyota and Honda in terms of refinement, quietness, interior quality, and handling. It’s the superior choice. If you’re only hauling a game once in a while, it’s a fine vehicle to own.

Yeah really like the styling, and featues on the 2017+ CX-5's. I'm looking at used 2018 models. I wonder if the larger CX-9 can fit a pin without having to put it on its side? Would prefer a CX-5 though due to the lower price and better gas mileage.

#1280 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

it’s lightyears ahead of both Toyota and Honda in terms of refinement, quietness, interior quality, and handling. It’s the superior choice

I agree that the CX-5 has a nicer interior, but my 2017 CRV has objectively better handling, more space, better acceleration, and better fuel economy than the CX-5. On the other hand, I test drove a 2017 CX-5 and liked it quite a bit, and if the dealer experience matched what I got from my local Honda dealer, I might have been swayed. Even though the CR-V handles better in a closed slalom course, the CX-5 has more refined steering feel that's more like a car. So a lot of people take this to mean it handles better, which it definitely does not.

Anyhow, both are great choices, and there's no need to blow any smoke regarding the competition. The competition, in fact, has been great for consumers and pushed a lot of tech and equipment down into this vehicle class. Personally, I hated the previous gen RAV-4 interior that was available when I bought my CR-V, but like what I've seen in pictures of the new gen. Another fine choice, and one that will probably outlive the other 2.

#1281 4 years ago
    Quoted from stevevt:

Anyhow, both are great choices

I agree with everything you said. The thing that kept me from buying the CR-V was the turbo, CVT, and the oil dilution issues that still seem to plague the engine design. I would've compromised with the LX model with the naturally aspirated engine, but I'm still not a fan at all of CVTs, and I wanted more features than the LX offered.

I would've bought the RAV4, since it ticks all the other aforementioned boxes, but I just liked the interior refinement and quietness of the CX-5 more. The thing is at least as quiet and smooth as the Acura my parent's just purchased. Heck, Mazda went so far as to use double pane acoustic glass. It really is impressively hushed. Just felt like a better built vehicle, but that's just me.

#1282 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I agree with everything you said. The thing that kept me from buying the CR-V was the turbo, CVT, and the oil dilution issues that still seem to plague the engine design. I would've compromised with the LX model with the naturally aspirated engine, but I'm still not a fan at all of CVTs, and I wanted more features than the LX offered.
    I would've bought the RAV4, since it ticks all the other aforementioned boxes, but I just liked the interior refinement and quietness of the CX-5 more. The thing is at least as quiet and smooth as the Acura my parent's just purchased. Heck, Mazda went so far as to use double pane acoustic glass. It really is impressively hushed. Just felt like a better built vehicle, but that's just me.

Great feedback, thanks! I'm reading very similar things in reviews. The 2017+ CX5's appears to have the more stylish interior, better exterior styling, better pickup, and offers a quieter drive. It's just a bummer it has far less cargo room then the CRV which is where the CRV wins the pinball hauling factor.

If you try to slide a pin the typical way into a 2017+ CX5 does most of it go in? Just curious if you could partially close the hatch and secure it with a bungie cord.

#1283 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If you try to slide a pin the typical way into a 2017+ CX5 does most of it go in? Just curious if you could partially close the hatch and secure it with a bungie cord.

99% of the game slides in. You could easily bungee the game and haul it that way. I’d have done that if I weren’t driving back to NJ from Cincinnati.

I’m still slightly convinced that any other game will slide in normally. It’s barely a half inch lip on the tailgate that prevents the game from sliding in, and the Capcom cabinet is slightly taller than a WPC game.

Once the game in in the vehicle, there’s a ton of extra space. It’s just that damn lower tailgate lip.

#1284 4 years ago

just to clarify a cx5 later than 2017 will fit modern stern pins and most others but will not fit a Capcom?

#1285 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

99% of the game slides in. You could easily bungee the game and haul it that way. I’d have done that if I weren’t driving back to NJ from Cincinnati.
    I’m still slightly convinced that any other game will slide in normally. It’s barely a half inch lip on the tailgate that prevents the game from sliding in, and the Capcom cabinet is slightly taller than a WPC game.
    Once the game in in the vehicle, there’s a ton of extra space. It’s just that damn lower tailgate lip.

Ok cool thanks! Sounds like modern Sterns, 90's Williams, and JJP games fit just fine with the head folded down on 2017+ models? Just the Capcom ones need to be turned on their side?

Quoted from pinballjj:

just to clarify a cx5 later than 2017 will fit modern stern pins and most others but will not fit a Capcom?

This is the main question I'm wondering as well.

#1286 4 years ago

This might help some of you especially with tight clearance fit cars. Use a thick contractor garbage bag to load game in out of car.

Thinner than cardboard or moving blanket, plus it is like a magic slider. No getting stuck on the carpet.

#1287 4 years ago

Pinwiki looks to be hijacked again, but here’s the Internet Archive link to a really useful post with vehicle info about what fits, etc: https://web.archive.org/web/20190210180650/https://www.pinwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Vehicles_for_Moving_Pinball_Machines

#1288 4 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Ok cool thanks! Sounds like modern Sterns, 90's Williams, and JJP games fit just fine with the head folded down on 2017+ models? Just the Capcom ones need to be turned on their side?

If I have the time, I’ll try to slide in one of my WPC and System 11 games in the back to confirm. Can’t confirm JJP or Stern since I don’t own one and can’t take measurements

#1289 4 years ago
    Quoted from dnapac:

I have a 2015 RAV4. Awesome pinhauler.

I have a 2013 (same generation). I added pics earlier in this thread. Agreed, great pinhauler. Plenty of room to spare for any pin.

#1290 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

If I have the time, I’ll try to slide in one of my WPC and System 11 games in the back to confirm. Can’t confirm JJP or Stern since I don’t own one and can’t take measurements

maybe just measure the height of the folded cap com that would not fit? , think a stern needs 29" ( or is it 29.5"?)

thanks if you can post this

#1291 4 years ago
    Quoted from pinballjj:

maybe just measure the height of the folded cap com that would not fit? , think a stern needs 29" ( or is it 29.5"?)

Yes thank you for being our tester. it helps!

#1292 4 years ago

Our 2018 Honda Odyssey fits two machines in the T formation with all back seats down/out. Bonus points, you can fit an RFM head in the front seat and put up one of the back seats for an extra passenger.

IMG_20191201_153722 (resized).jpgIMG_20191201_153722 (resized).jpg
    #1293 4 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

Thank you That's a lot to go through, maybe the measurement below will be good enough?

Quoted from pinballjj:

Yeah that works! I think I'll be getting a used Mazda 2019 Grand Touring AWD next year. Seeing some good used prices in the low to mid 20's for them with under 20k miles.

#1294 4 years ago

Just picked up a JJP WoZ ECLE and was able to fit it nicely into a 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Summit. Loaded it in front first, shrink wrapped with moving blankets wrapped around the top and bottom. The top sides of the backbox rub slightly on the roof plastic of the jeep that is at the tailgate, but the plastic piece has some play in it so isn't a big deal. Sorry I totally forget to take a pic... was too excited to get it out and inside

In the past I have also loaded the following games in the same Jeep with plenty of clearance at the entry:

Stern POTC
    Champion Pub
    Hurricane
    Black Rose
    Rescue 911
    Apollo 13
    TZ
    Who Dunnit
    Stern Star Wars Pro
    Monopoly

Haven't run into a machine that I wasn't able to fit yet, but I am sure there may be some out there. All of these machines fit with plenty of room front and back without having to move the front seats forward. There is also plenty of room to the side of the machine to slide a furniture dolly in after the machine is loaded.

Hope that helps someone out!

Best Regards,

Robert Goebel
    Pinshakers
    www.pinshakers.com

#1295 4 years ago

Anybody knows the size nib for a widebody like hobbit or a normal pin.
    Will it fit inside a vw sharan without stripping it?

#1296 4 years ago

Ultimate pinhauler?
    losangeles.craigslist.org link

#1297 4 years ago

I may be transporting two machine for a trade soon and will have to rent a car. Any suggestions on a van that would hold two mid 90's Williams pinball machines?

#1298 4 years ago
    Quoted from kechlesurf:

I may be transporting two machine for a trade soon and will have to rent a car. Any suggestions on a van that would hold two mid 90's Williams pinball machines?

Any minivan with the seats folded down or removed will work.

#1299 4 years ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Any minivan with the seats folded down or removed will work.

Perfect. I thought it would but wanted to make sure before i got and rent one and carry the machines out only to find they dont fit. A minivan would be a better option than a cargo van as the cargo van would hold two machines but the gas milage wouldnt be that great.

#1300 4 years ago
    Quoted from kechlesurf:

Any suggestions on a van that would hold two mid 90's Williams pinball machines?

I've been able to squeeze 2 machines into my 2006 Odyssey with room to spare. Just make sure you remove the middle row of seats.

There are 2,563 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.