Topic Stats

• 2,580 posts
  • 815 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 27 hours ago by Parkshow30
  • Topic is favorited by 193 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

337A2AE5-FC60-481C-BD06-BEC9255C53F3 (resized).jpeg
    20240423_144609 (resized).jpg
    IMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    IMG_3842 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3734 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3735 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3733 (resized).jpeg
    IMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    20240318_101947 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 2,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 52.
    #2551 66 days ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

To CRV owners can anyone comment if a standard body game will fit in a CRV with only one of the back seats folded down so third person can ride in the car?

Not sure if you figured this out yet, but we have a new crv in my shop right now so I took some measurements. There is about 68” of depth from the hatch to the back of the drivers seat ( with the driver seat moved all the way back), 25” of clearance between the back seat and the left wheelhouse bump in the rear, sill to headliner is 34”, the back of the right rear passenger headrest to the rear window is only about 24”…

So I would be willing to bet it would fit as long as you were comfortable removing the head for transport…

IMG_3733 (resized).jpegIMG_3733 (resized).jpegIMG_3734 (resized).jpegIMG_3734 (resized).jpegIMG_3735 (resized).jpegIMG_3735 (resized).jpegIMG_3736 (resized).jpegIMG_3736 (resized).jpeg
    #2552 66 days ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

Not sure if you figured this out yet, but we have a new crv in my shop right now so I took some measurements. There is about 68” of depth from the hatch to the back of the drivers seat ( with the driver seat moved all the way back), 25” of clearance between the back seat and the left wheelhouse bump in the rear, sill to headliner is 34”, the back of the right rear passenger headrest to the rear window is only about 24”…
    So I would be willing to bet it would fit as long as you were comfortable removing the head for transport…[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great info, thx!

I assume this is the 2024 CRV (2023 is basically the same as the 24 as well).

Seems like it might be possible to get a standard body game in there on an angle and keep that right side backseat for a passenger.

Anything difficult about taking the headrest off - should just pop out right? I have to remove the rear headrest for the Santa Fe to put the seats down in it now on the drivers side otherwise it hits the back of the front seat.

Only issue I see with the CRV is that the seats don't lay flat which stinks of course.

#2553 66 days ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

Great info, thx!
    Seems like it might be possible to get a standard body game in there on an angle and keep that right side backseat for a passenger.
    Anything difficult about taking the headrest off - should just pop out right? I have to remove the rear headrest for the Santa Fe to put the seats down in it now on the drivers side otherwise it hits the back of the front seat.
    Only issue I see with the CRV is that the seats don't lay flat which stinks of course.

It’s a ‘24, but the ‘23 should be the same.

Headrests look straight forward if you need to remove them. But the seats fold down even with the driver seat moved all the way back.

With the seats folded down there is about 30” of clearance to the headliner.

IMG_3737 (resized).jpegIMG_3737 (resized).jpeg
    #2554 66 days ago

Does anyone know if a folded Stern machine will fit into a Lincoln Corsair Grand Touring SUV?

#2555 63 days ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:Great info, thx!

We have a 2020 crv, I know it’s a different gen but a stern will fit on the left side with 1 passenger seat available. Other games won’t as the car seat belt assembly eats up some space
    IMG_7132 (resized).jpegIMG_7132 (resized).jpeg

1 week later
    #2556 51 days ago
    Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I am a huge fan of my 2022 Subaru Forester Wilderness. Any version of the wilderness will fit any pin excepting Gottilieb system 3s, P3s, and oddballs like Big Guns and Hercules. I have the Wilderness that fits everything, but the base model without the sunroof has an even bigger opening. If you get the Wilderness edition and a tow hitch, you to 5 in a U-haul and one in the trunk, so I can literally take my entire collection. It is the smallest vehicle I could find that could fit a pin and tow my collection.

If you don't plan on towing, the non-wilderness edition gets better gas mileage. All have all wheel drive, excellent visibility, and plenty of room for my 6'4" frame. You can fit 2 adults up front, but you cannot sit anyone in the rear while moving a pin (need a minivan for that). You cannot fit an upright arcade in the back. Safety features are excellent with great backup camera, blindspot monitoring, and fancy cameras to assist cruise control, braking, and keeping it in the lanes. My only regret with my car is that I wish I had gotten the blue one!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tu=santaeatscheese#op

You and I both, @santaeatscheese! Only, I got the Blue 2022 Subaru Forester Wilderness edition. I also added the tow hitch (dealer install) and a 7-pin connector (aftermarket install) so that I can tow a small teardrop trailer with electronic brake assist and slowly charge the teardrop battery while driving.

Another data point. This week HughesDForce and I safely moved a Jersey Jack wide body pinball machine (Hobbit), an appliance dolly, 2 large tool bags, and 2 largish people in a 2022 Subaru Forester.

The only machine that would *not* fit in the 2022 Subaru Forester, based on Pinside research and measurements from the seller, is a Stargate (Gottlieb System 3). Without taking the backbox off the hinges and sliding it down, it is too tall to fit. I was trying to help a friend make a local purchase on a day that his wife or child had the minivan, and we had to pass (seller was hesitant to let us take it apart to try, and we were OK with that).

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tq=&tu=adaminski
    Hobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpgHobbit_Collective_Move (resized).jpg

#2557 49 days ago

All pin fit in Land Rover LR2 2007-2015

#2558 44 days ago

Has anyone seen hatch dimensions on the new 2024 Land Cruiser? (Or the 2025 4 Runner)?

The LC and higher end 4R are hybrids so that huge battery is going to steal cargo space.

#2559 44 days ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Has anyone seen hatch dimensions on the new 2024 Land Cruiser? (Or the 2025 4 Runner)?
    The LC and higher end 4R are hybrids so that huge battery is going to steal cargo space.

It doesn’t look like they really changed the rear body of the Toyota 4-Runner from the 2022’s so I would guess the inside dimensions would be pretty close to the same. We have a ‘22 in the shop right now: here’s what I got for measurements:

I would guess with the hybrid option you would probably loose about 2-3” for height

IMG_3842 (resized).jpegIMG_3842 (resized).jpegIMG_3843 (resized).jpegIMG_3843 (resized).jpeg
    #2560 44 days ago
    Quoted from jrockne:

It doesn’t look like they really changed the rear body of the Toyota 4-Runner from the 2022’s so I would guess the inside dimensions would be pretty close to the same. We have a ‘22 in the shop right now: here’s what I got for measurements:
    I would guess with the hybrid option you would probably loose about 2-3” for height
    [quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks for the measurements - it looks like the 2025 is about an inch shorter in overall height than the previous model. It's that battery that's going to chew up even more internal space though. Hopefully a pin will still fit.

The new Land Cruiser is about 5 inches taller than the 2025 4-Runner so I'm guessing that one will still accommodate a pin just fine.

#2561 44 days ago
    Quoted from Damonator:

Thanks for the measurements - it looks like the 2025 is about an inch shorter in overall height than the previous model. It's that battery that's going to chew up even more internal space though. Hopefully a pin will still fit.
    The new Land Cruiser is about 5 inches taller than the 2025 4-Runner so I'm guessing that one will still accommodate a pin just fine.

Based on some of the reviews I'd measure first for sure. There is a pretty big ledge there as you stated because of the hybrid system.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #2562 44 days ago

Confirming you gotta take the backbox off to get a stern into a Rivian R1S.

Plenty of room once it's off but you gotta do it.

IMG_9289 (resized).jpegIMG_9289 (resized).jpeg
    #2563 39 days ago

Throwing it out there again, has anyone confirmed a 2023 or 2024 Hyundai Palisade will fit a modern Stern? The measurements look a bit tight

#2564 36 days ago

An Alien SV easily fits in a 2020 Honda Fit. I'm also getting over 47mpg on snow tires.

#2565 36 days ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

An Alien SV easily fits in a 2020 Honda Fit. I'm also getting over 47mpg on snow tires.

Really, Did you have to remove the head or anything crazy? Whats the height at the tailgate opening on one of those? I’m doing it all wrong picking pins up in a sprinter. lol

#2566 36 days ago

I knew a guy with a Honda Fit. He described its cargo area as the Doctor Who TARDIS… bigger on the inside than the outside.

#2567 36 days ago
    Quoted from DarthPaul:

I'm driving the spiritual successor to the fit in the Honda HR-V. Such amazing fuel efficient pin haulers.

#2568 36 days ago
    Quoted from SlapDrain:

Really, Did you have to remove the head or anything crazy? Whats the height at the tailgate opening on one of those? I’m doing it all wrong picking pins up in a sprinter. lol

The Hobbit and STTNG will also fit in the Fit. I just had to move the front seat up a little, I'm tall, so I always keep it all the way back. I believe the tailgate opening is 32" high.

#2569 36 days ago
    Quoted from king_pin:

I'm driving the spiritual successor to the fit in the Honda HR-V. Such amazing fuel efficient pin haulers.

Just note that this is only up to HR-V model year 2022. 2023 and newer are redesigned where the seats don't fold fully flat and it won't quite fit a pin (without unbolting the head to slide down.)

#2570 35 days ago
    Quoted from vikingerik:

Just note that this is only up to HR-V model year 2022. 2023 and newer are redesigned where the seats don't fold fully flat and it won't quite fit a pin (without unbolting the head to slide down.)

Good to know! Mine is a 2020.

#2571 35 days ago

Roadshow in a 2015 Durango? No problem!

IMG_0387 (resized).jpegIMG_0387 (resized).jpeg
    #2572 32 days ago

Asking for a lil quick help!

I'm considering:

2016 Rav4 hybrid (has a battery hump and a slope) https://www.rav4world.com/threads/anyone-figured-out-how-to-flatten-the-cargo-space.231369/

That 2016 Rav4 hybrid slope doesn't look like any fun...

any thoughts on the Rav4 hybrid? (gen4.4: 2016-2018)

This slope looks like pain. 20240423_144609 (resized).jpg20240423_144609 (resized).jpg

#2573 31 days ago
    Quoted from GCS2000:

Great info, thx!

FYI, I believe he meant that a pin would fit if you remove the head (backbox) from the pin, not remove a headrest from the seat.

I've got a 24 CR-V hybrid that I'm wondering about, but doesn't seem like a pin would fit easily. I wonder if you'd have to totally remove the head, or if you'd be able to just unbolt it and slide it around like another commenter mentioned.

2 weeks later
    #2574 16 days ago

Anyone fit a pin in an A4 avant without the backbox? Going to give it a try. Spike 2.

#2575 14 days ago

Considering an Ioniq 5.

Will be coming down from a Sienna but I just don’t need (or want) a van anymore after 20+ years in one.

Anyone tried a pin? I don’t think it will work but it’s worth asking….

#2576 13 days ago
    Quoted from brewmanager:

Considering an Ioniq 5.
    Will be coming down from a Sienna but I just don’t need (or want) a van anymore after 20+ years in one.

There's a cool search window in upper right of all topic pages, I used it to find out about a ford escape.
    Here's the results of 'Ionic', Good Luck!

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in?tq=Ioniq+&tu=

1 week later
    #2577 6 days ago
    Quoted from brewmanager:

Considering an Ioniq 5.

Elsewhere in this thread it is mentioned the Ioniq 5 won’t work which is a shame because this is what I was looking at. I want to get an EV (not Tesla and not a truck) that can haul pinball machines with the backbox attached but it’s looking like this just doesn’t currently exist, unless I’m just missing it. (Adding keyword “electric” for searches)

#2578 31 hours ago

To those new to this thread, to find out about a specific vehicle, go to near the top of this web page (on the right hand side).

Locate the search engine called "Find in Topic". It's about 4-inches from the top of this page.

In the box "Posts Containing Key Word(s)", enter the vehicle you are interested in...and hit enter

You will be rewarded... I hope.

Robert

#2579 30 hours ago
    Quoted from MrSanRamon:

To those new to this thread, to find out about a specific vehicle, go to near the top of this web page (on the right hand side).
    Locate the search engine called "Find in Topic". It's about 4-inches from the top of this page.
    In the box "Posts Containing Key Word(s)", enter the vehicle you are interested in...and hit enter
    You will be rewarded... I hope.
    Robert

Yep. Tried didn’t work for me.

So for an Audi A4 avant

You can fit a stern spike 2 if you remove the back box. Leave the hinges on the cabinet, you will need to uncover the power supply to get at the nuts in the backbox.

Once removed slide the backbox in first so it is on one side in the actual back seat area. The slide the cabinet in back end first.

337A2AE5-FC60-481C-BD06-BEC9255C53F3 (resized).jpeg337A2AE5-FC60-481C-BD06-BEC9255C53F3 (resized).jpeg
    #2580 27 hours ago

2023 Honda Pilot Sport games do not fit without a little modification. Was shocked as my 2016 Pilot which was smaller had no problem fitting them. Found out last weekend though that if you pop off the plastic trim at the top of the trunk opening they fit. Judge dredd had no problem going in and Stern Avatar was very close but also fit. Just a few tabs to pop it out and back in pretty easy.

There are 2,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 52 of 52.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/vehicles-that-a-pinball-machine-fits-in/page/52 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.