Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
tron_3_by_ultimate_savage_de0vw8l-375w-2x (resized).jpg
IMG_8297 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#389 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Why is Flanks account frozen?

I know why, but I ain't talkin'.

5 years later
#530 2 years ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Tron had a WONDERFUL 7 year run in my house, and is one of my favorite games ever made. It came here NIB, and I put in the Eli ramp kit and very tasteful LEDs that had a tiny bit of color coding which offset the plastics really well. And of course the protector set. I tore it down twice during that time, because being one of my favorites, I liked to keep it clean and shiny (and FAST).
Tron fell victim to the downfall of all pinball machines, I had played it too many times. One day I was playing it, and I was bored. No matter how great a game is, after too many thousands of plays, that point comes. There were no surprises left. And when that happens, it is time for the game to depart.
I doubt I'd ever bring Tron back in, because I've done that with other games. If I sold a game for other reasons, bringing it back is a joy. If I sold it because I've played it too many times, that joy only lasts a day or two, and then the game just sits there.

^^^This!

I'd seen all of the game after 2 years, and the fact that nothing spectacular happens when you beat it didn't exactly have me coming back for more. Then I just focused on the music, which got annoying after a while. It's a beautiful game and a hell of a lot of fun, but not really a long-term keeper.

5 months later
#612 1 year ago

I had it for a few years...wouldn't get another one if re-released. It's one of the nicest-looking games out there, but it was too one-dimensional for me. Light up the entire "ladder" by completing the modes, and do the wizard mode (and mini-wizard mode if you didn't complete all the modes). When you finish the wizard mode, there's really no payoff. It just restarts. I'd love to play somebody else's again, though. It's a ton of fun for the short term.

#619 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

After you beat final wizard mode there is no finale ? The game just restarts ? That’s lame

Correct. I sold it because I had seen everything, the music was starting to annoy me, and I had all the callouts memorized...and nothing happened once you got to the wizard mode. But my God it's a beautiful machine to look at when blinged out, and lightcycle multiball is one of the coolest multiballs in pinball--especially with a subwoofer. Problem is, I'm not playing the art, and the game started to bore me.

#624 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Your old Tron is one of best sounding and looking ones. My brother still plays the shit out of it. It had no tilt bob in it. I was sliding the shit outta that machine and pissing him off. He put one In after that. Bah ha ha! I only been up once this year to play it. Im going up 3 times next year. I’m buying it if he ever sells it.

Glad he's still enjoying it. No idea where the tilt bob went to; it had one when I had it. He got a great deal on it, too...it was the first pro to sell for 9k, and as soon as people here on Pinside found out I got 9k for it, they started selling shitty ones for between 10 and 11 and getting it. It doesn't piss me off that I sold my game to a Tron fan for a great price, but those prices on lesser machines does burn my ass. Definitely not worth it.

#626 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Yeah the mods alone were probably 3k plus. The game is great shape. I bought him and I the Tron girls translite. He saw your translite box on your wall and made one for both us. He put in GOT translite in it. I put GOT translite in my game. He put the girls one in his game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

But everyone on Pinside knows that mods have no value when selling a game.

#631 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I believe you are being sarcastic, right?

Of course. IMO, Tron is pretty boring to look at with zero mods...and certainly without the ramp lights.

#663 1 year ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Unfortunately it is epically short and not much to it. It's a direct lift from their Shanghai ride, which is itself is a regular ride system that runs past a bunch of projections and lights. The beauty of it is the external structure and the queue/loading area. Beyond that, it's a rather mediocre 1min roller coaster from launch to final brake zone. You can tour it here - It will be basically the same except without as good of placement and plaza around it.
It was hurriedly plopped onto the Magic Kingdom to add capacity to the park. With the pandemic's timing, they took the opportunity to sit on it and it has become a much longer drawn out build that is opening years later now.
Still not gonna change Disney's tone towards arcades They're deadman walking and already have been downplayed or removed from the parks. I don't expect the space mountain one to return the same after TRON fully opens and space mountain goes down for refurb.
Sad thing was at D23 expo this year Disney setup an arcade for TRON that no one could even play...
Electronica was the closest we've gotten to Tron Utopia - - Which ironically was most successful because it was a dance party atmosphere that sold alcohol and was created to keep people busy before the real show (World of Color) and became so succesful for the company they continued the dance party in other forms without the TRON elements.

Thank you. You just saved me from another annoying trip to an overcrowded Disney park and saved me a shit ton of money as well. I was looking forward to that ride; now I'll just put the money towards another pin.

#679 1 year ago
Quoted from Trekkie1978:

When the ride opens, I will drag the boob down there against his will to ride it.
Spring 2023….there’s your warning.

If you're paying, sure.

1 week later
#929 1 year ago
Quoted from tdiddy:

The issue I'm seeing is .....finding those Mods from 6 years ago. Tron is great but when it's modded out, it's amazing. The EL ramps aren't in production nor is the arcade....2 big mods to make the game that much special. Hopefully if a VE does come, someone will revisit those mods

It's a beautiful game, but too linear and gets old fast. GnR is a beautiful game, too...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 26.50
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Trade
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider beelzeboob.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-is-it-really-coming?tu=beelzeboob and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.