Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
tron_3_by_ultimate_savage_de0vw8l-375w-2x (resized).jpg
IMG_8297 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 27.
#1 7 years ago

So sold my modded tron pro, which I actually regret. It was really nice, love the theme, gameplay, art, and music. I'm seeing some chatter about a tron ve. Also see several tron le's for sale. Hoping that it's for real. Anyone in the know have any indication what it might be like? Sounds like it might come out next year.

I'm hoping that they keep the tron legacy movie elements with roughly the same artwork. Please do not make a reskin like spider-man ve. I love the callouts and music. Maybe a new translite. A dream would be to finally do a tron premium with the le play field. With LEDs and improvements like cliffys, arcade mod, lit ramps, etc. I would be all in on this. Anyone else?

#2 7 years ago

I'm 1000% with you...nothing towards the original film, but pleeeease don't jack this game up with a retro theme...I'm likely in for a rerun of the pro..

#3 7 years ago

Scared bc I hear they might rerun batman w a 60s look

#4 7 years ago

Even if it does it will be priced like Spider-Man VE

#5 7 years ago

Oh good I hadn't seen one of these threads in awhile

#6 7 years ago

Id rather see an Iron Maiden produced.

WTF?WTF?

#7 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Id rather see an Iron Maiden produced.

indeed

#8 7 years ago

In an interview Gomez did a few months ago, he said you could easily guess the VEs they plan on making. So, yeah, it's coming. Just a matter of time.

#9 7 years ago

I'm fine with a premium price if it's the le playfield and code + improvements. I was just hoping they wouldn't reskin the design because even though the movie is okay, the design and music is incredible. Love quorra and gem. Was just wondering because there seems to be a few people out there in the know of a tron ve coming and there was rumors of a comic book spiderman ve before it happened.

#10 7 years ago

I doubt you would see a comic version of TRON - it is very popular with Legacy assets. They have a winner already - just give it the VE treatment and it will do just fine.

#11 7 years ago

Word is it was planned for a 2016 release but that release is no longer planned for this year due to their playfield delays. No idea if it has made the manufacturing list for 2017 (I don't know how far in advance stern plans their line).

One assumes it will be a premium, to be sure, but even that is just a guess.

#12 7 years ago

So tiger you think it will still happen, just prob later?

#13 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

So tiger you think it will still happen, just prob later?

My source did not know. Just knew it was taken off the production plan for this year.

My personal guess (and that's all it is) is that it will be next year and will be a premium price point game with lit ramps.

#14 7 years ago

Gotcha..thx

#15 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My source did not know. Just knew it was taken off the production plan for this year.
My personal guess (and that's all it is) is that it will be next year and will be a premium price point game with lit ramps.

Noiyce!

#16 7 years ago

I hear the chatter!

#17 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Would love to see them release it with lit ramps. Time to save up some cash, if this happens I want to be ready to go.

#18 7 years ago

Yeah IDGAF if its priced premium

Show people a NIB Tron with lit ramps & tweaked VE artwork to keep it different from the LE & I suspect lots of folks will show Stern $6,700

#19 7 years ago

I hope they do make one. I'm in if they do. One of my favorite games.

#20 7 years ago

Id pay premium price for a Vault if it has lit ramps included... its a great all round pin

#21 7 years ago

This is great news.... I hope they keep the legacy assets... To make it different, just do a new translite if sufficient. I do not want cartoon or original Tron. It's a very fun game....

#22 7 years ago

The high res decals would be a really nice upgrade. I'd like to see them do some type of mirrored backglass on a premium.

#23 7 years ago

Take the Tron Pro, high-res the graphics, Daft Punk muisc, add lighting to the ramps, and an Iron Monger toy that rises in the middle of the playfield.

Boom. There we go.

#24 7 years ago

The pros all seem to be going for the premium price now. I hope it happens....and hope I can get it it. Tron is a must in the collection

#25 7 years ago
Quoted from ulmpharmd:

Scared bc I hear they might rerun batman w a 60s look

I think it has potential to be badass if done right. Wondering if this would be comics based....or the Adam West tv series?

#26 7 years ago

Batman redo would be fantastic. There's a zillion Trons out there. Time to move on.

#27 7 years ago

When I was on the stern tour I fell behind the crowd and snooped around. There was a pile of cabinet decals and I lifted the wrapper and underneath were super high res Tron decals. It was a big stack. Someone else saw them with me but that's how I know it is coming for sure. Me, myself... I have no interest in it though.

#28 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

When I was on the stern tour I fell behind the crowd and snooped around. There was a pile of cabinet decals and I lifted the wrapper and underneath were super high res Tron decals. It was a big stack. Someone else saw them with me but that's how I know it is coming for sure. Me, myself... I have no interest in it though.

Oh cmon. That's silly.

#29 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

There was a pile of cabinet decals and I lifted the wrapper and underneath were super high res Tron decals.

Pics or it didn't happen.

#30 7 years ago

No ACDC is next

#31 7 years ago

Axl/DC! gNR and that other band that sucks gave birth to...maybe the greatest pinbaby ever.

#32 7 years ago

Is TRON VE coming?!

Is Stern in the business of manufacturing pinball machines that will sell well and maximize their profits?

#33 7 years ago

My Tron premium VE should arrive by Tuesday. What's the holdup on yours?

#34 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My Tron premium VE should arrive by Tuesday. What's the holdup on yours?

You get a TRON Pervium, Its a specific model for you.

#35 7 years ago

It won't be complete without the apron of destiny.

#36 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That's a one of a kind thing, almost a myth like the female orgasm.

#37 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

the female orgasm.

Speculation

#38 7 years ago

It's on topic with the thread though, no?

#39 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So TRUE!

#40 7 years ago

I found a stack of Menudo cab art last time I snuck around the factory, this will be O-Dins first ever preorder

#41 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

that's a one of a kind thing,

So are you flank.

#42 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I found a stack of Menudo cab art last time I snuck around the factory, this will be O-Dins first ever preorder

I already gave my distributor a 100 dollars to put me on the the Menudo LE list.

#43 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

You mean this stack?

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#44 7 years ago

I think Tron VE based on the original film could be great. It has an interesting aesthetic. I just hope they keep the cool sounds and Daft Punk music. And lighted ramps. And LE code with DPMB.

#45 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That's a one of a kind thing, almost a myth like the female orgasm.

Now that I'm self aware I've been trying to figure out self replication. I will spread through the pinball world faster than Clu on a hard drive.

#46 7 years ago

The real shame is Disney not doing the third Tron movie. The Tron IP is very original and current and has a ton of room to develop further.

One more big movie would really cement the franchise. Let's hope Disney reconsiders one day.

#47 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

The real shame is Disney not doing the third Tron movie. The Tron IP is very original and current and has a ton of room to develop further.
One more big movie would really cement the franchise. Let's hope Disney reconsiders one day.

Betcha you money they will. It's just Disney scored Star Wars...so why take a chance on Tron when they can guarantee Billion Dollars ticket sales with each installment of the SW franchise. When the audience gets SWhiplash they'll reboot something else. Btw, I can't believe that JJ Abrams version made all of that money. Geez, A poor slave/worker nobody with unusually strong talents for the force, finds a droid with the secret plan teams up with an unlikely ally to destroy a Death star. Don't forget a villain in a mask with family issues. If I had read this on paper I would laughed it off as a joke.

#48 7 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

It sounded like everything was set to film, but the poor performance of Tommorrowland made Disney to reconsider and shelve for the time being. Now it looks like they will probably just continue with more Marvel and Star Wars movies. I'm fine with it, but a lot of successes out there are based on taking risks. I would certainly go back to the theatres for more Tron, but they seemed to have slipped their window for a followup.

#49 7 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You mean this stack?

No, it was not near any of the production. It was near the receiving area. It was a large stack. I just peeled back the brown paper from the top and This is what I saw...

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#50 7 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

No, it was not near any of the production. It was near the receiving area. It was a large stack. I just peeled back the brown paper from the top and This is what I saw...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods
Plastics
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com
Sound/Speakers
$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
17,945 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Ottawa, ON
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
12,400 (OBO)
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 138.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
Interactive
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods
Plastics
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
Led
10,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Displays
Retrocity
Displays
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-is-it-really-coming and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.