Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
tron_3_by_ultimate_savage_de0vw8l-375w-2x (resized).jpg
IMG_8297 (resized).jpeg

There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 27.
#601 1 year ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Hope they make more for ya’ll that want a new one and DON’T charge above pro pricing.
I’ll be sticking with my upgraded original, the speaker lights topper and under cab lighting sync with the ramps… it technically has an LCD too (in the back) [quoted image]

Very sharp. That apron is especially sweet.

#602 1 year ago

With Bond 60th being only available to a small amount of people at a high price, nothing is off the table. Tron VE might as well be limited to 500 and starting at 25k. This will probably be the way of Stern in the foreseeable future.

#603 1 year ago
Quoted from JackG:

With Bond 60th being only available to a small amount of people at a high price, nothing is off the table. Tron VE might as well be limited to 500 and starting at 25k. This will probably be the way of Stern in the foreseeable future.

since this thread is about to become price/inflation for the next page or so..
KEEP THOSE TRON PICS COMING.

#604 1 year ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Very sharp. That apron is especially sweet.

I have that same apron, it's just great, I love it!

#605 1 year ago
Quoted from JackG:

I find Bond to be underwhelming tbh. I watched that gameplay video yesterday and I didn't feel I absolutely needed this. That vibrating rocket looks odd, has no real purpose and I felt it's just a distraction. The jetpack, dunno.. the game does look like it's a nice shooter thou.

But it doesn't feel the same when I see a Tron all lighted up. Have you seen a Tron out in the wild? Not a lot of them out there, collectors tend to keep theirs for a long while. It's the full package - pure fun, shoots forever and the music is great. Love the mods and those lighted ramps. Just happy the cycles don't bop up and down like a certain rocket! all my opinions of course, to each is own! I won't say money is no object when the VE comes out, but I'll be in line!

#606 1 year ago
Quoted from JackG:

That would suck. Just to be clear, I have nothing wrong with special editions, but when they become the ONLY way to access a game, it sucks. Still can't understand why they would move to this model for a mainstream license like Bond. Will see if it works out for them. For a niche license, like Supreme, Whoa Nellie, I get it.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I find Bond to be underwhelming tbh. I watched that gameplay video yesterday and I didn't feel I absolutely needed this. That vibrating rocket looks odd, has no real purpose and I felt it's just a distraction. The jetpack, dunno.. the game does look like it's a nice shooter thou.
But it doesn't feel the same when I see a Tron all lighted up. Have you seen a Tron out in the wild? Not a lot of them out there, collectors tend to keep theirs for a long while. It's the full package - pure fun, shoots forever and the music is great. Love the mods and those lighted ramps. Just happy the cycles don't bop up and down like a certain rocket! all my opinions of course, to each is own! I won't say money is no object when the VE comes out, but I'll be in line!

A man with taste...agree 100%.

#607 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I have that same apron, it's just great, I love it!

Yeah I splurged on it recently and it really ties the theme together. Think pinball decals had one more left after I bought mine if anybody else enjoys burning money LOL.

#608 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

since this thread is about to become price/inflation for the next page or so..
KEEP THOSE TRON PICS COMING.

How about a Tron two-fer?

0EBCEBC6-415A-4D12-AFC8-E7CBA5ABE1AF (resized).jpeg0EBCEBC6-415A-4D12-AFC8-E7CBA5ABE1AF (resized).jpeg
#609 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

I'm thinking trio with that VE!

20210221_170357 (resized).jpg20210221_170357 (resized).jpg
#610 1 year ago

Very cool guys.
Keep'em coming.

#611 1 year ago

This has turned into more of a Tron hope/flex thread.
Based on the older DMD tech, the workload to bring this old title into the Spike2/LCD age, the likely expired license; as much as I want to believe, I'm not holding my breath.

#612 1 year ago

I had it for a few years...wouldn't get another one if re-released. It's one of the nicest-looking games out there, but it was too one-dimensional for me. Light up the entire "ladder" by completing the modes, and do the wizard mode (and mini-wizard mode if you didn't complete all the modes). When you finish the wizard mode, there's really no payoff. It just restarts. I'd love to play somebody else's again, though. It's a ton of fun for the short term.

#613 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I had it for a few years...wouldn't get another one if re-released. It's one of the nicest-looking games out there, but it was too one-dimensional for me. Light up the entire "ladder" by completing the modes, and do the wizard mode (and mini-wizard mode if you didn't complete all the modes). When you finish the wizard mode, there's really no payoff. It just restarts. I'd love to play somebody else's again, though. It's a ton of fun for the short term.

I have my share of pins that are deep and LONG... I do not need every pin I own like that. Sometimes I just want to shoot it and walk away with a smile. That is cool.
I had Simpsons for a bit, talk about deep rules, now tell me what it feels like to get 80% into the game to drain your last ball lol. It is not fun to play a deep game all the time, it is a journey to be enjoyed every once in a while for skill level. I am not IE pinball (forgot his name) or Papa that can finish almost any game, lol.

I think Tron has it's place. If they remake it with new rules, it would be very cool if they kept the original ruleset as well. So you can go into a deeper vs old-school Tron.
Do that Stern, I double dare you!

#614 1 year ago

Took six machines including Tron to Pinfest Newcastle two weeks ago.

pf1 (resized).jpgpf1 (resized).jpg

It got a couple of low 80's scores on it, but my GC came back untouched. Not that i'll ever see a score like Kevin's, but 96 was a determined effort over a couple weeks for me to chase down.

#615 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

As much as I love TRON, no denying the wizard mode is a letdown...same with the LE-specific Daft Punk MB. The combos rock and are really challenging...the shot choreography and light show are also first rate.

#616 1 year ago

I have my share of pins that are deep and LONG...

I thought that was your nickname?!! Lol

#617 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

After you beat final wizard mode there is no finale ? The game just restarts ? That’s lame

#618 1 year ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

[quoted image]

That poor EDoT. Does it still have all of the boards for the environmental cabinet in it? If so, you could always put it back together again.

https://www.arcadeworxusa.com/product/environmental-discs-tron-classic/

I did a bit of digging a few weeks ago and I think you can get everything else reproduced as long as you have the boards for the cabinet.

Love Discs of Tron. It’s much deeper than most give it credit for with all of the angled shots off of the walls and multi level platforms. Growing up, I had an arcade with an EDoT and was so spoiled by it.

#619 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

After you beat final wizard mode there is no finale ? The game just restarts ? That’s lame

Correct. I sold it because I had seen everything, the music was starting to annoy me, and I had all the callouts memorized...and nothing happened once you got to the wizard mode. But my God it's a beautiful machine to look at when blinged out, and lightcycle multiball is one of the coolest multiballs in pinball--especially with a subwoofer. Problem is, I'm not playing the art, and the game started to bore me.

#620 1 year ago
Quoted from jedimastermatt:

That poor EDoT. Does it still have all of the boards for the environmental cabinet in it? If so, you could always put it back together again.
https://www.arcadeworxusa.com/product/environmental-discs-tron-classic/
I did a bit of digging a few weeks ago and I think you can get everything else reproduced as long as you have the boards for the cabinet.
Love Discs of Tron. It’s much deeper than most give it credit for with all of the angled shots off of the walls and multi level platforms. Growing up, I had an arcade with an EDoT and was so spoiled by it.

An original Discs of Tron Environmental is a dream arcade right there. I'll start chasing after one, once things quiet down with work. I'd like an all things Tron corner of the game room eventually!

#621 1 year ago

The coming of TRON VE

059D25B4-6AED-448D-8DD5-AF138038498D (resized).jpeg059D25B4-6AED-448D-8DD5-AF138038498D (resized).jpeg
#622 1 year ago

Tron is a "cool" theme to begin with, with the right ideas & effort, Tron would be an amazing game.

#623 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Your old Tron is one of best sounding and looking ones. My brother still plays the shit out of it. It had no tilt bob in it. I was sliding the shit outta that machine and pissing him off. He put one In after that. Bah ha ha! I only been up once this year to play it. Im going up 3 times next year. I’m buying it if he ever sells it.

#624 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Your old Tron is one of best sounding and looking ones. My brother still plays the shit out of it. It had no tilt bob in it. I was sliding the shit outta that machine and pissing him off. He put one In after that. Bah ha ha! I only been up once this year to play it. Im going up 3 times next year. I’m buying it if he ever sells it.

Glad he's still enjoying it. No idea where the tilt bob went to; it had one when I had it. He got a great deal on it, too...it was the first pro to sell for 9k, and as soon as people here on Pinside found out I got 9k for it, they started selling shitty ones for between 10 and 11 and getting it. It doesn't piss me off that I sold my game to a Tron fan for a great price, but those prices on lesser machines does burn my ass. Definitely not worth it.

#625 1 year ago

Yeah the mods alone were probably 3k plus. The game is great shape. I bought him and I the Tron girls translite. He saw your translite box on your wall and made one for both us. He put in GOT translite in it. I put GOT translite in my game. He put the girls one in his game.

74C8B8C9-122B-457E-A171-4DCCFC551449 (resized).jpeg74C8B8C9-122B-457E-A171-4DCCFC551449 (resized).jpegF985CED2-B529-489C-913D-6D8CA6E5F69B (resized).jpegF985CED2-B529-489C-913D-6D8CA6E5F69B (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#626 1 year ago
Quoted from Gunnut40:

Yeah the mods alone were probably 3k plus. The game is great shape. I bought him and I the Tron girls translite. He saw your translite box on your wall and made one for both us. He put in GOT translite in it. I put GOT translite in my game. He put the girls one in his game.
[quoted image][quoted image]

But everyone on Pinside knows that mods have no value when selling a game.

#627 1 year ago

The growing-per-ball, utilize-anytime end of the line jackpot rule adds a really fun element and monkey wrench for tournament play that increases longevity of this pin

#628 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

But everyone on Pinside knows that mods have no value when selling a game.

I believe you are being sarcastic, right? I wouldn't want a Tron Pro without Eli's. The Hallmark cycles and the mini arcade are also a must in my book. So, yes, mods do increase a game's value, for Tron anyway. But I guess it depends on the game. I sure don't need a moving Grogu to be happy with Mando!

#629 1 year ago

Anyone who has been around for a while knows, this guy always knows what is going on

20220929_051818 (resized).jpg20220929_051818 (resized).jpg
#630 1 year ago
Quoted from Micky:

Anyone who has been around for a while knows, this guy always knows what is going on
[quoted image]

mnpinball also has the coolest pic for his avatar! Lol

#631 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I believe you are being sarcastic, right?

Of course. IMO, Tron is pretty boring to look at with zero mods...and certainly without the ramp lights.

#632 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Of course. IMO, Tron is pretty boring to look at with zero mods...and certainly without the ramp lights.

Tron without the cool bits;

24.1 (resized).jpg24.1 (resized).jpg

#633 1 year ago
Quoted from Micky:

[quoted image]

He has sources...as a lot of us do that have been in the hobby for a long time. Stern visits with their bigger distributors and floats hypothetical ideas about remakes - some come to fruition, some don't. Stern was thinking about making Ghostbusters again - a much easier license to get than Tron. But plans change so who knows. I know the teams are really backed up from pushing all the releases back this year. I'd be surprised if we see a vault in 2023.

#634 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Yeah Boobie, don’t give a shit about Tron

VE major flop. Dated.

#635 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Yeah Boobie, don’t give a shit about Tron
VE major flop. Dated.

P'raps you are in the wrong thread then?

#636 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

P'raps you are in the wrong thread then?

Tron VE? No?

#637 1 year ago

Tron VE is being talked about more and more, to the point it's even attracting some neigh sayers! One of the top execs over at Stern is from Disney and probably still has close ties with the Mouse. It will be their next big attraction in Florida. And with Tron 3 still being worked on, the license is certainly not dead.

Tron has a big enough following, not only in pinball, for Stern to give it a makeover. The game is still quite popular judging from Marketplace. It wouldn't cost them that much to revamp it, but they could charge Bond level prices with a bigger profit margin. It wouldn't be the first time they reboot a game.

Anyway, I like the idea of a Tron VE, very much so! And I know there's many of us out there, Programs!

#638 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Tron VE is being talked about more and more, to the point it's even attracting some neigh sayers! One of the top execs over at Stern is from Disney and probably still has close ties with the Mouse. It will be their next big attraction in Florida. And with Tron 3 still being worked on, the license is certainly not dead.
Tron has a big enough following, not only in pinball, for Stern to give it a makeover. The game is still quite popular judging from Marketplace. It wouldn't cost them that much to revamp it, but they could charge Bond level prices with a bigger profit margin. It wouldn't be the first time they reboot a game.
Anyway, I like the idea of a Tron VE, very much so! And I know there's many of us out there, Programs!

Tron is multi generational now, a plus for sales numbers. The reboot had a great feel, let's get the ball rolling!

#639 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

And with Tron 3 still being worked on, the license is certainly not dead.

I'd be much more excited about an Elwin Tron3!

#640 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

they could charge Bond level prices with a bigger profit margin.

Shhhhh don't give them such ideas

#641 1 year ago
Quoted from somenerd:

Shhhhh don't give them such ideas

Pretty sure they already know, sadly, and that they have more ideas coming our way..!

#642 1 year ago

When were the last VE titles ran?
With Stern's backlog, long lead times, and perpetual supply chain obstacles, it seems unlikely it would be soon.

That being said, I've only owned a few modern Stern titles, but would be totally in on a Tron

#643 1 year ago

They need an all new Tron designed by Elwin. Hopefully the new movie will have some inspiring ideas. If you just go by the existing film:

1. Needs cutting edge light cycle toys that move. Something along the lines of the accelerator ramp on Star Wars.
2. They should also look at making part of the playfield it’s self be a screen so they can great some of the light cycle grid settings and other crazy arena stuff. But it should be diamond shaped.
3. What about visible Tron lit subways that trigger lights as the ball goes through?
4. Center bash toy could be much more interesting where hits build up a charge displayed by a tiny lcd. Progressive like the Lebowski carpet toy. And then it should fire balls back at you like the way the disc battles are in Tron.
5. But if you really want to move pinball into the future, we need magnetic flippers controlled by the player that light up and magnetize for a second and catch the ball. Bzzzzz. Those of us who aren’t good enough to consistently catch balls will be in heaven.

#644 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Pretty sure they already know, sadly, and that they have more ideas coming our way..!

It's simply that "Disney Magic" working its way through Stern...

#645 1 year ago

Disney business model is not simply a theme park and movies is not it?
I mean, historically, they probably made more money through licensing toys than anything else. Movies and theme parks are just how these things are channeled.
It certainly is magic.

Disney is currently pushing for 2 Star Wars videogames a year, another way of getting the characters in front of kids.

I am sure that once Tron Park re opens there will be a huge push for relicensing old contracts, what is easier for sales than reaching out to your existing client base?
Nothing.
So there you have it, Tron VE is happening shortly after or during the opening of the park. The pin will need to live somewhere in the park as well. Why would Disney not want to have an adult size toy in a Tron park? This will fit nicely inside the gift shop as you enter/exit.

It really is a no brainer. That, and the fact that has been confirmed twice and not once by Kaneda. Do not forget he was 100% correct with all his Bond rumours.

Current rumour is Borg already working on the game, it will have lcd, new art and new etc.
Bring it on!!!

#646 1 year ago

Question is how much would you pay for Tron VE? Would you pay $14000-$15000 for a premiumish Tron? For same basic game with updated animations? I'm sure Stern would find takers but hard to imagine it would compare to a normal cornerstone release where 1000 LE's sell out in an instant.

#647 1 year ago
Quoted from ozno:

They need an all new Tron designed by Elwin. Hopefully the new movie will have some inspiring ideas. If you just go by the existing film:
1. Needs cutting edge light cycle toys that move. Something along the lines of the accelerator ramp on Star Wars.
2. They should also look at making part of the playfield it’s self be a screen so they can great some of the light cycle grid settings and other crazy arena stuff. But it should be diamond shaped.
3. What about visible Tron lit subways that trigger lights as the ball goes through?
4. Center bash toy could be much more interesting where hits build up a charge displayed by a tiny lcd. Progressive like the Lebowski carpet toy. And then it should fire balls back at you like the way the disc battles are in Tron.
5. But if you really want to move pinball into the future, we need magnetic flippers controlled by the player that light up and magnetize for a second and catch the ball. Bzzzzz. Those of us who aren’t good enough to consistently catch balls will be in heaven.

All cool ideas! Actually hoping that Stern will innovate at one point, current designs and use of whatever mech or type of ramp they're coming up with are starting to get a bit repetitive. Can't think of a better theme than Tron to do this!

#648 1 year ago

I mean, historically, they probably made more money through licensing toys than anything else. Movies and theme parks are just how these things are channeled.
It certainly is magic.
Disney is currently pushing for 2 Star Wars videogames a year, another way of getting the characters in front of kids.
I am sure that once Tron Park re opens there will be a huge push for relicensing old contracts, what is easier for sales than reaching out to your existing client base?
Nothing.
So there you have it, Tron VE is happening shortly after or during the opening of the park. The pin will need to live somewhere in the park as well. Why would Disney not want to have an adult size toy in a Tron park? This will fit nicely inside the gift shop as you enter/exit.
It really is a no brainer. That, and the fact that has been confirmed twice and not once by Kaneda. Do not forget he was 100% correct with all his Bond rumours.
Current rumour is Borg already working on the game, it will have lcd, new art and new etc.
Bring it on!!!

I want to believe.
Considering Stern's workload, I'd love to see them outsource art and collaborate on design with Disney staff.
Radical! was designed by a toy designer and while it isn't the most complex best game ever made, it's a new medium for an experienced professional who did a damn good job for their first go at it.
Some fresh talent could bring some fresh ideas!

#649 1 year ago

It certainly is magic.
Nothing.
Bring it on!!!

I'm saying a big yes to everything you said! It is a no brainer, Disney still selling tons of Tron products. Can't go wrong! Get me either a Tron VE or a Tron 2.0 and I'm in! Where can I order those future Stern Tron shirts as well?

#650 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

I'm saying a big yes to everything you said! It is a no brainer, Disney still selling tons of Tron products. Can't go wrong! Get me either a Tron VE or a Tron 2.0 and I'm in! Where can I order those future Stern Tron shirts as well?

Disney just released a number of Tron-related merch items (including shirts) at D23 in recognition of its 40th anniversary: https://www.shopdisney.com/search?q=tron&lang=default&isRegSearch=1

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 49.99
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods
Backbox
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
West Long Branch, NJ
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com
Other
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
Decals
10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
Interactive
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
12,028 (OBO)
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods
Plastics
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-is-it-really-coming/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.