Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
tron_3_by_ultimate_savage_de0vw8l-375w-2x (resized).jpg
IMG_8297 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 27.
#351 7 years ago

I always chuckle when I see the inevitable VE threads. TRON is a freaking awesome game! So are LOTR, Iron Man, Metallica, AC/DC, Spider-man, Star Trek, Simpsons, Game of Thrones.. to name a few.

I bought SM right before *Gasp* the VE release when many were holding out because the VE was going to be so awesome. It looks great but the original holds its own.

My former TRON recently came up for grabs and I jumped on it because I love/loved the game. Regardless of whether or not a VE will be released. Its just pinball. Buy the game that you want to play!!

I'm tired of the "I may lose on my investment" attitudes. The shooter lane worshiping, scratch fearing, clear coat dimple cry-babies can suck a shooter rod!

I'd rather not deal with a douchebag that makes a big deal of that crap. When I put a game up for sale please refrain from responding if you fit that previous description.

#352 7 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Has that dude sold any of those Nib's?

Yes, I helped load one actually.

Quoted from iceman44:

I can't stand Douchey parkers. The other DB move is diagonal parking. Might as well put a sign on the car that says "come key me".

I always want to do this but thats just me.

Its your own faultIts your own fault

#353 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

The shooter lane worshiping

Well, lets not get hasty.

#354 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Well, lets not get hasty.

You need to request some shooter lane pics. I have some special ones just lying in wait.

#355 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I always want to do this but thats just me.

I love plan 'B'

#356 7 years ago

The tough part for me is that I want a TRON VE - but what if Lawlor's pin is kick ass?

And I can only get '1 more' - I don't have any more room than that.

#357 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It's a Maserati, don't know the model though

Ah hah - thanks. Didn't recognize the emblem, but now I realize why.

Quite the car!

#358 7 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

What car is that?

That looks like a maserati granturismo there are quite a few of them around here where I live and that parking method is a common maserati driver technique.

#359 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

It's a Maserati, don't know the model though

Gran Tourismio

When you have a Ferrari dealership just down the street from you like we do... and you live in the richest median county in the country... these kinds of sightings are pretty common. In fact, we think 'eww, you bought the Maserati and not the Ferrari???'

They have a lambo dealership right there on the grounds too.. so not uncommon seeing them either. But those are like 1-2 a month kind of sightings.

#360 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

When you have a Ferrari dealership just down the street from you like we do... and you live in the richest median county in the country... these kinds of sightings are pretty common

Dude, you actually said that out loud??

#361 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

That looks like a maserati granturismo there are quite a few of them around here where I live ...

Quoted from flynnibus:

When you have a Ferrari dealership just down the street from you like we do... and you live in the richest median county in the country... these kinds of sightings are pretty common. In fact, we think 'eww, you bought the Maserati and not the Ferrari???'

These cars aren't too common in "Kitsaptucky" (the boondocks of the Seattle area) where I live. We're just a bunch of po' folks here scraping up nickels to buy our next NIB game.

#362 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Gran Tourismio
They have a lambo dealership right there on the grounds too.. so not uncommon seeing them either. But those are like 1-2 a month kind of sightings.

Wow. I personally think that a huge chunk of GOVT workers should be relocated to lower cost of living areas and use the savings to "help?" more people. But what do I know? Sounds like you guys are doing great up there though. Good for you.

#363 7 years ago
Quoted from TimeBandit:

Dude, you actually said that out loud??

The crazy byproduct of mixing of old colonial countryside and dotcom boom. It's not boasting, just simple facts about the area. You take an area where virtually everyone works for tech or government (or are 'old money'), and you basically have very very little poverty.. the median is high. It's not that its hollywood money, it's that everyone is well off with very little poor. For the last 10+ years we are always in the fastest growing lists along with median income, etc. It's also the center of the universe for the modern internet with more than 70% of the world's internet traffic flowing through the eastern part of the county. We have the world's largest concentration of datacenters and its growing rapidly... 9 million sq ft of datacenter in use or in development right now - https://biz.loudoun.gov/index.aspx?NID=115

They are spouting up faster than starbucks in most areas

The ferrari dealership has been out here for a long time... I think its the proximity to the airport and interstates while still being in the larger metro area and what was cheap land 20+ years ago. But now is centrally located to all the future growth..

#364 7 years ago

That's cool. VA is a nice place to live, work and raise a family. Talking about Ferrari dealerships was just a little weird. Nice cars for sure.

Seeing your Pinside avatar - you need a Tron!

#365 7 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

That's cool. VA is a nice place to live, work and raise a family. Talking about Ferrari dealerships was just a little weird. Nice cars for sure.
Seeing your Pinside avatar - you need a Tron!

Audi just moved their US Headquarters here in the last 1-2 years... so now Audi S models are like dime a dozen now too.

TRON is clearly on the wishlist... I've been using 'flynn' plus variants as a online handle since about 1988 The game just wasn't any good initially so I passed when it was new.

#366 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I always chuckle when I see the inevitable VE threads. TRON is a freaking awesome game! So are LOTR, Iron Man, Metallica, AC/DC, Spider-man, Star Trek, Simpsons, Game of Thrones.. to name a few.
I bought SM right before *Gasp* the VE release when many were holding out because the VE was going to be so awesome. It looks great but the original holds its own.
My former TRON recently came up for grabs and I jumped on it because I love/loved the game. Regardless of whether or not a VE will be released. Its just pinball. Buy the game that you want to play!!
I'm tired of the "I may lose on my investment" attitudes. The shooter lane worshiping, scratch fearing, clear coat dimple cry-babies can suck a shooter rod!
I'd rather not deal with a douchebag that makes a big deal of that crap. When I put a game up for sale please refrain from responding if you fit that previous description.

Another logical post in a TRONVE thread......this shit has to stop!!!!!

#367 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Gran Tourismio

Don't see a lot of those kinda cars in my town...

29_(resized).jpg29_(resized).jpg

#368 7 years ago

Still playing mine
no worries

#369 7 years ago

Ah hah - thanks. Didn't recognize the emblem, but now I realize why.
Quite the car!

Fun facts: Maserati is the "Company Fleet Car of the Year" in Germany.

http://www.handelsblatt.com/auto/nachrichten/maserati-ghibli-ist-firmenauto-des-jahres-eine-italienische-affaere/11713836.html

And really, a lot of the cars in our company garage are Maseratis.

#370 7 years ago
Quoted from someoneelse:

Fun facts: Maserati is the "Company Fleet Car of the Year" in Germany.

did you mean to post it here?

#371 7 years ago

po' folks here scraping up nickels to buy our next NIB game

That's a thing of the past with NIB pricing these days!

#372 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

You need to request some shooter lane pics. I have some special ones just lying in wait.

I even went to the trouble of taking 4 angles of shooter lane pics, the guy still made the trip and THEN turned it down b/c of the shooter lane. It was a 90 minute drive for him .... really?

#373 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

I even went to the trouble of taking 4 angles of shooter lane pics, the guy still made the trip and THEN turned it down b/c of the shooter lane. It was a 90 minute drive for him .... really?

Wow! The whole shooter lane pic matter started out as mostly a joke years ago, but has grown into being very serious apparently.

#374 7 years ago

I'll definitely add mylar to my TRON VE shooter lane for sure.

#375 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

What a douche. I'd rather sell it to someone else cheaper. You probably would have wound up in the "I got Choggarded" thread after that travesty...

#376 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

What a douche. I'd rather sell it to someone else cheaper. You probably would have wound up in the "I got Choggarded" thread after that travesty...

Douchey people are everywhere. Best to be in the NDP, flawless...........

Edit- the douchey people thumb down this post

#377 7 years ago

Some sales are better not made.

#378 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Some sales are better not made.

I screen all my buyers.

#379 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

Agreed. Looking back, I'm glad the first guy passed, sold it the next guy and loves it.

Worst part was the lame guilt trip #1 tried to use, wanted $200 off b/c "looked worse in person". I tried to go the extra mile (even though his complaint was unreasonable IMO) & offered $100 off for time effort and trip cost. His parting words - "Naw - a new Stern doesn't/shouldn't ever have trough "damage" - this "24" PF batch must be defective."

Whoo boy.

#380 7 years ago
Quoted from dgarrett:

Looking back, I'm glad the first guy passed, sold it the next guy and loves it.

The last thing you want to do is sell anything to OCD anal retentive people.

#381 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I screen all my buyers.

You'd better get another background service--somehow I slipped by them!

#382 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The last thing you want to do is sell anything to OCD anal retentive people.

That would eliminate 95% of pinside though

#383 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

That would eliminate 95% of pinside though

True. But if they pass the screen door test, they are in like flint.

#384 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

True. But if they pass the screen door test, they are in like flint.

I think its Flynn

went old skool for Odinwent old skool for Odin

#385 7 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

I think its Flynn

As in Errol:

download_(1)_(resized).jpgdownload_(1)_(resized).jpg

#386 7 years ago

Plenty of Trons to go around anyway. Mine will be for sale if my trade falls through don't tell centerflank. I'll be added to the douche list.

#387 7 years ago
Quoted from QuarterGrabber:

Plenty of Trons to go around anyway. Mine will be for sale if my trade falls through don't tell centerflank. I'll be added to the douche list.

Why is Flanks account frozen?

image_(resized).pngimage_(resized).png

#388 7 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

Seriously? Pinside's loss.

#389 7 years ago

I know why, but I ain't talkin'.

#390 7 years ago

I think I'm about a fart away from getting banned here too.

#391 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#392 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Seriously? Pinside's loss.

Super bummed......major loss here.....

#393 7 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Why he get frozen ? that sucks

#394 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think I'm about a fart away from getting banned here too.

LOL!

#395 7 years ago

well shit, I should celebrate him getting frozen by buying a tron.

#396 7 years ago

WTH?

#397 7 years ago

Free Flank!

#398 7 years ago

WHAT? I've been away awhile. How long has RobT been back??

#399 7 years ago

RobT thawed out. CF frozen...

#400 7 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

RobT thawed out. CF frozen...

VERY glad RobT shows up every now and then.....he was missed....

Flank will return....." Is what it is" at the moment......

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Huntington Beach, CA
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Trade
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-is-it-really-coming/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.