Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
tron_3_by_ultimate_savage_de0vw8l-375w-2x (resized).jpg
IMG_8297 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 27.
#701 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Pinball is a multi billion industry.

LOL! Not in Canadian Loonies, not Euros, not any currency.

#702 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

LOL! Not in Canadian Loonies, not Euros, not any currency.

You are just bad at math?

#703 1 year ago

I think the problem is we say Stern should re-run certain titles to "cash in", but the reality is Stern is cashing in huge anyways and doesn't need it. Kiss is another title they could sell a huge run of... but when they are 9 months behind on new releases, it doesn't seem realistic (but sounds good to us!)

#704 1 year ago

You are just bad at math?

Not at all. Multi MILLION dollar business, that it is. Not a Multi Billion, like you said it is.

#705 1 year ago
Quoted from bigguybbr:

Tron will be a fun ride, but Guardians is where it’s at. That ride is AMAZING

If you haven't tried TRON ride in Shanghai, you should before comparing. It blows Guardians (free fall elevator) ride out the water..

#706 1 year ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Not at all. Multi MILLION dollar business, that it is. Not a Multi Billion, like you said it is.

I think Stern alone with 3 cornerstones for sure not. Never said Stern is pulling these numbers. I am pretty sure I said the “industry of pinball”

Then add the rest of the industry, including other pinball brands, and, maybe all modders, pinball shows, pinball parts resellers.

Still not a 1 Billion?
Gotta be really close if it is not with the crazy profits on anything pinball.

#707 1 year ago

A 6 year old thread about VE speculation. Why not just buy a Tron now? Or 6 years ago, either way you won't have to worry about the VE.

#708 1 year ago
Quoted from gprotein:

If you haven't tried TRON ride in Shanghai, you should before comparing. It blows Guardians (free fall elevator) ride out the water..

Not talking GOTG mission breakout (retheme of Tower of Terror in California).

Was referring to GOTG Cosmic Rewind (new ride at Epcot)

#709 1 year ago
Quoted from BradKreisler:

A 6 year old thread about VE speculation. Why not just buy a Tron now? Or 6 years ago, either way you won't have to worry about the VE.

And, incredibly, the thread is on fire. It motivated me to rewatch Tron Legacy this morning with the kids.

I do not think Stern is going to re-run Tron. They just don’t need to and if they did they’d only sell around 1,000 units tops.

#710 1 year ago
Quoted from Cobray:

I think the problem is we say Stern should re-run certain titles to "cash in", but the reality is Stern is cashing in huge anyways and doesn't need it. Kiss is another title they could sell a huge run of... but when they are 9 months behind on new releases, it doesn't seem realistic (but sounds good to us!)

Spot-on. I believe they have ~60 distributors in the US who continue to gobble up every release! If this weren't the situation, re-running more popular titles would make sense. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Still not a 1 Billion?

When quarters were being thrown at this beasts in the 80's/90's, pinball was a multi-billion dollar industry. Highly unlikely to be 1 Billion in 2022. The trend from 2006->2010 isn't encouraging. Would be interesting to see data from 2010->2022. Clearly, more revenue is being thrown at home use pinball. Intuitively, you'd think public/arcade pinball revenue would be stronger in 2022 than 2010, however I have no idea.

Image 10-2-22 at 2.44 PM (resized).jpgImage 10-2-22 at 2.44 PM (resized).jpg
#711 1 year ago

Because most of us here already have one. Doesn't mean we don't want a new fresh one.

Same reason i sold my Bally Fathom after putting down a deposit for a Haggis Mermaid.

Mine got some love yesterday. New ramps from ramp o matic, cliffy's, precision flippers and a good clean.

tron16 (resized).jpgtron16 (resized).jpg

If Stern didn't want to reproduce these in an improved format, i'm sure if they threw the design to Haggis, Dutch or one of the boutiques under license that the game would be a ripper.

#712 1 year ago

I have a premium, and I like it, but there are too many other opportunities to make something new/different. To each his own of course.

Quoted from punkin:

Because most of us here already have one. Doesn't mean we don't want a new fresh one.
Same reason i sold my Bally Fathom after putting down a deposit for a Haggis Mermaid.
Mine got some love yesterday. New ramps from ramp o matic, cliffy's, precision flippers and a good clean.
[quoted image]
If Stern didn't want to reproduce these in an improved format, i'm sure if they threw the design to Haggis, Dutch or one of the boutiques under license that the game would be a ripper.

#713 1 year ago

I have a premium, and I like it, but there are too many other opportunities to make something new/different. To each his own of course.

Well done!

Did you make it yourself?

Stern made 3 x pro and 1 x LE according to IPDB. You have a very rare machine.

https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=tron+legacy&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

#714 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

And, incredibly, the thread is on fire. It motivated me to rewatch Tron Legacy this morning with the kids.
I do not think Stern is going to re-run Tron. They just don’t need to and if they did they’d only sell around 1,000 units tops.

Glad you took the opportunity to rewatch the movie again! Quality time with the kids is always a great thing.

Back to topic, Stern did a few reruns or produced variations on the same themes. Several Avengers, Iron man, Spider-Man, different rock groups, movies, etc. They also rehashed titles from past competitors. If the theme is still popular, why not a Tron VE or Tron 2.0?

Tron, as a theme, has been out there since the 80's: gave us an epic arcade game and a pretty great pinball, a rebooted Tron Legacy movie, Daft Punk soundtrack, theme park attractions (one to open in 2023) and tons of licensed products. It created an aesthetic that still endures to this day and acquired somewhat of a cult status for many sci-fi fans. Tron Identity is coming to gaming platforms next year. All to say that 'Tron' is definitely still out there.

All I'm saying is that I do believe Tron can be a great go-to theme for Stern if they want to reboot a successful, fun game without actually investing that much into its development. And why would it need to be done as a limited run? The code is solid, game is fun to shoot. Stern could add a modern screen, more music and cutscenes by plenty, add some metal inserts to protect those ramps so that, yes, I believe it would be very successful on location: the music is still cool, the sounds are great and it puts out a great light show! And yes, I do have a Tron Pro (as I said before), but I do have some room next to it!

#715 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]

That Haggis Fathom Mermaid Edition is a beautiful game indeed, and so is your Tron! Glad you got those new ramps in, I have yet to do that myself (can't wait, the box they came in is huge, lol)

#716 1 year ago

I just did the TA'ing. My mate is a qualified tech and did all the wrenching, i just swapped hardware from the old ramps to the new and did the cleaning and a bit of 'hold this' and 'pass that'.

#717 1 year ago

I would be a day one buy for sure. I got into the hobby to late to have picked one up new and in West Texas there really is not a 2nd hand market for one. Bring on the VE.

#718 1 year ago

Tron VE will be a great proving ground for LOTR VE

#719 1 year ago

No, STERN made it. There was no LE for TRON, just pro and premium. Look it up.

Quoted from punkin:

Well done!
Did you make it yourself?
Stern made 3 x pro and 1 x LE according to IPDB. You have a very rare machine.
https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=tron+legacy&sortby=name&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

#720 1 year ago

Not only did i look it up, but i provided a link for you to look it up yourself in my last reply.

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG

3091717d-b60d-4ba7-bf67-3dfaace5ea6e_text.gif3091717d-b60d-4ba7-bf67-3dfaace5ea6e_text.gif

#721 1 year ago

Stern made 400 LE with numbered plaque. Really, the rest are labeled PREMIUM if you look inside your cabinet, but they were always considered to be the PRO version.

Screenshot_20221002-164437_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20221002-164437_Chrome (resized).jpg
#722 1 year ago

There was no LE option to order, the LE was called Premium in 2011. It was Pro and Premium. It was soon after that Stern offered Pro, Premium, LE. You had to be there I guess. Look in the 1st revision of the manual for descriptions of the Pro/Premium. Ppl call the Premium, LE, but it doesn't make it correct.

Quoted from punkin:

Not only did i look it up, but i provided a link for you to look it up yourself in my last reply.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

#723 1 year ago

Uh huh. Okay.

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Stern made 400 LE with numbered plaque. Really, the rest are labeled PREMIUM if you look inside your cabinet, but they were always considered to be the PRO version.[quoted image]

#724 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Yep

Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Stern made 400 LE with numbered plaque. Really, the rest are labeled PREMIUM if you look inside your cabinet, but they were always considered to be the PRO version.[quoted image]

Yep

There was no LE option to order, the LE was called Premium in 2011. It was Pro and Premium. It was soon after that Stern offered Pro, Premium, LE. You had to be there I guess. Look in the 1st revision of the manual for descriptions of the Pro/Premium. Ppl call the Premium, LE, but it doesn't make it correct.

Nope

#725 1 year ago

It's all good man, I actually wish I had the LE myself! (attached pic is not mine). Current going rate is about $17.5-18k USD, not bad for a game from 2011!
8a27b5645da10d666c05da8e0bf4c6566b75c83c (resized).jpg8a27b5645da10d666c05da8e0bf4c6566b75c83c (resized).jpg

#726 1 year ago
Quoted from dr_nybble:

Tron VE will be a great proving ground for LOTR VE

There you go! Two great themes to vault! I can think of a few others..

#727 1 year ago

200 (3).gif200 (3).gif

a20236b5d87da0f8602b329cb58742ca.gifa20236b5d87da0f8602b329cb58742ca.gif

#728 1 year ago

Only 2 games worth making a vault for.

But Tron first pleaae because Lotr is weak sauce for me.

#729 1 year ago

I mean even in your collection, you have the “LE” listed…

#730 1 year ago

Just gonna leave this here for the newbs....

Quoted from punkin:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

431f62dcd3f240b2a52f499a2f0baa609777412d (resized).jpg431f62dcd3f240b2a52f499a2f0baa609777412d (resized).jpg
#731 1 year ago

No shit, it is a limited edition of 400, but its called a premium.

Quoted from Yoko2una:

I mean even in your collection, you have the “LE” listed…

#732 1 year ago

I will just enjoy my LE no matter what the box said back then.....

20221002_231908 (resized).jpg20221002_231908 (resized).jpg
#733 1 year ago

Just to make sure what that new Stern game would be called..!

Screenshot_20220929-204716_Chrome.jpgScreenshot_20220929-204716_Chrome.jpgezgif-1-3ddac6ba5a.gifezgif-1-3ddac6ba5a.gif
#734 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

I will just enjoy my LE no matter what the box said back then.....
[quoted image]

Godammit @PeyerG, you had to rub it in! Lol Beauty!

#735 1 year ago

Every 'LE' box I saw a picture of said Tron Premium. The plaque said Limited Edition. So, why not both?

The Pro box all said Pro.

#736 1 year ago

Best get onto IPDB, it seems the authorities have it wrong according to the person who stamped your box.....And of course the plaque that they went to the trouble of making is wrong too.

MaybeItWasaPremiumBoxPunkin

#737 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Just to make sure what that new Stern game would be called..! [quoted image][quoted image]

How is this NOT epic if it was to be made now with 2022 pinball tech.

Take my f money!!!

#738 1 year ago

It was premium in the box, but everywhere else it it referred to as the LE model. If you go to sterns website to download the code it is either Pro or LE. So I guess you ‘could’ call it TRON premium, but most call it TRON LE.

#739 1 year ago

Like i said, I have a premium. I ordered a premium and, obviously, was sent a premium. Today you learned that Tron Premium was a thing.

Quoted from punkin:

Best get onto IPDB, it seems the authorities have it wrong according to the person who stamped your box.....And of course the plaque that they went to the trouble of making is wrong too.
MaybeItWasaPremiumBoxPunkin

#740 1 year ago

Like i said, I have a premium. I ordered a premium and, obviously, was sent a premium. Today you learned that Tron Premium was a thing.

No, today I learned that someone stamped the boxes wrong and some people took it to heart. Everything i have ever seen, from IPDB to Stern called it an LE. For fucks sake, there is badge on the machine describing it as an LE. Did you peel the badge off to save you confusion?

But you hold it close mate.

#741 1 year ago

NOT the first time Stern made a mistake labeling something. I trust the labeling on the game over the box that gets trashed.

#742 1 year ago

Look at this thread!

I did it. I reived it.

Saltimbanco also helped

#743 1 year ago
Quoted from punkin:

No, today I learned that someone stamped the boxes wrong and some people took it to heart. Everything i have ever seen, from IPDB to Stern called it an LE. For fucks sake, there is badge on the machine describing it as an LE. Did you peel the badge off to save you confusion?
But you hold it close mate.

This...

20221002_180217 (resized).jpg20221002_180217 (resized).jpg20221002_180247 (resized).jpg20221002_180247 (resized).jpg
#744 1 year ago

You are just confusing people for no reason - I guess I could say my EHOH is a "Curves" edition since it says that on the playfield, but why?

Yes, the Tron LE box said premium, but it also had the LE# written on it. It also clearly says "Limited Edition" on the plaque under the translite. I assume yours has this as well.

IMG_1195 (resized).JPGIMG_1195 (resized).JPG

#745 1 year ago

It’s an LE, this is a ridiculous thing to argue over though.

#746 1 year ago

Look at this thread!
I did it. I reived it.
Saltimbanco also helped

Revived a reason to post pics of this amazing game
That's about it

Moving on, and will revisit in another 6 years..( bored, waiting on Bond stuff

#747 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's about it

I am waiting on bond as well, only to really figure out what that jetpack is all about because so far it does look like it does nothing important.

Moving on from Bond.

#748 1 year ago
Quoted from Goronic:

It’s an LE, thus is a ridiculous thing to argue over though.

Agreed.

I'm out.

200 (4).gif200 (4).gif

#749 1 year ago

Pretty sure you meant..."Paid a Premium for a LE".

#750 1 year ago
Quoted from MK6PIN:

That's about it

Your words: an amazing game! Totally worth to be revisited imho. Again, an opportunity to do this on the cheap for Stern.

Tron VE takes nothing away from Bond or any future cornerstone game! And it's still fun to speculate about it, even if we have to come back to this thread in another 6 years!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Charlotte, NC
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

Trade
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-is-it-really-coming/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.