Resized_20230117_104431_464622807080727 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240206_222143 (resized).jpg
3424697b418af80e762e7c9d3c2a9cbb.jpg
jeff-bridges-what.gif
Screenshot_20240121_010946_Facebook (resized).jpg
moonwalk.gif
tron_3_by_ultimate_savage_de0vw8l-375w-2x (resized).jpg
IMG_8297 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 27.
#551 1 year ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Then it is not a vault, just Tron 2.0. I would also buy Tron again with large screen, spike 2, official topper

Lol. Hell yeah, brother!

#552 1 year ago
Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I would be shocked if Stern ever built a SAM game again but there's always a 0.0001% chance!

It won't be SAM!

The fantasy always goes like this - a "new" updated tron with "all the assets" and an LCD screen.

Or, a "new" updated tron, but based on the original movie. Again, there's always at least one LCD screen in this fantasy.

So, this fantasy Tron VE which we is always rumored to be coming soon, all the time, will be a Spike 2 game, with completely new "assets."

#553 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

So, this fantasy Tron VE which we is always rumored to be coming soon, all the time, will be a Spike 2 game, with completely new "assets."

So, you'll want one??!!

#554 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

It won't be SAM!
The fantasy always goes like this - a "new" updated tron with "all the assets" and an LCD screen.
Or, a "new" updated tron, but based on the original movie. Again, there's always at least one LCD screen in this fantasy.

And it will be just as likely to be made as a SAM version

#555 1 year ago

I would be shocked if Stern ever built a SAM game again but there's always a 0.0001% chance!

And it will be just as likely to be made as a SAM version

Does that mean we have an *additional* 0.0001% chance of the Spike 2 version? I'm trying to plan ahead, and this would be really useful to know. /S

#556 1 year ago

I will take anything. The sam or spike II but the rumour is new art, LCD.
Kaneda confirmed yesterday night that Borg is already working on it.

It’s coming!!!

Open the portal!!!

#557 1 year ago

Maybe with the new Spike three system we will get our Tron.

#558 1 year ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Maybe with the new Spike three system we will get our Tron.

Not sure why would be need spike III?

#559 1 year ago

A new updated Tron would be awesome, Im in for sure.

#560 1 year ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

Tron is just that awesome - it needs one Spike higher to truly do it justice!

#561 1 year ago

You're missing the gist here...you and K enjoy...

#562 1 year ago

Sensurround required to do it justice. Only with Spike III.

#563 1 year ago

My spidey senses, sense some trolling.

#564 1 year ago

My spidey senses, sense some trolling.

This is a Tron thread, not like you're posting a million pictures of Tron in the main Stern rumour thread.

Enough people want one and if Stern dished it up with LCD, they'd get a heap of buyers falling over themselves and sell out whatever run they did. Whatever version they put out.

1 week later
#565 1 year ago

I would be in on this, Tron and Daft Punk are the perfect theme for selective buyers.

#566 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

I would be in on this, Tron and Daft Punk are the perfect theme for selective buyers.

Me too. I heard the rumor that it was Tron legacy with new cabinet and lcd. My hopes would include better PF art detail and some better speakers

#567 1 year ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Me too. I heard the rumor that it was Tron legacy with new cabinet and lcd. My hopes would include better PF art detail and some better speakers

That would be nice, hope they can add a little graphic art rather then all the photo collages crammed into the PF.

#568 1 year ago

Put a little vote in with the aussie agent for stern last weekend.

Took my Tron to the biggest pinball show in Aus, told Michael that we want a vault. He said he hadn't played a tron in 8 years, i said, play mine. I looked at one stage and that's what he was doing.

Go Tron Ve2

#569 1 year ago

As soon as we see the price on Tron VE the whole dream is shattered......look at those Bond prices....

#570 1 year ago

I'll pay.

#571 1 year ago

Tron VE? I'll pay first!

#572 1 year ago

most overrated game ever made. one of the few i was ready to sell in 3 months.

#573 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

I think if you are a fan of the theme and music for any game then you can let some stuff slide.

#574 1 year ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Sensurround required to do it justice. Only with Spike III.

earthquake-vintage-movie-poster-original-1-sheet-27x41_800x.progressive (resized).jpgearthquake-vintage-movie-poster-original-1-sheet-27x41_800x.progressive (resized).jpg
#575 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Everyone is different, I had my op mate's machines here on rotational hire when covid first closed him down.

Machines that lasted 1 month only here;

Iron Maiden

Jurassic Park

ACDC

I also got rid of my GnR because i didn't like it in a swap for Medieval Madness. MM lasted 63 days here before i sold it. I don't like Twilight Zone.

Tron is my all time favourite game, don't remember the movie but still find myself immersed.

#576 1 year ago

I know at least a couple of guys that would get a VE without question, me included. In my case, I'm just a big fan of all things Tron!

#577 1 year ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Tron might be the most addicting game. It’s a no bs shooter. There’s no video mode or any mechs or anything that stops the flow. It’s pure speed, light and sound. You fire it up in like 2 seconds and just go. I don’t even think about the rules when I play. I just string together combos. It’s like total autopilot and I can play it for hours. It’s weird cause I typically like deep games but tron is just pure pinball!

#578 1 year ago

They should remake this game using all the technical wizardry of today. I've since created my own 'Legendary Edition' which goes far beyond what a real pinball machine can do. The original Stern game is ok, but only really scratches the surface... there's so much more potential here.

#579 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

They should remake this game using all the technical wizardry of today. I've since created my own 'Legendary Edition' which goes far beyond what a real pinball machine can do. The original Stern game is ok, but only really scratches the surface... there's so much more potential here.

I missed that, pictures please

#580 1 year ago
Quoted from SLAMT1LT:

Share it!

#581 1 year ago

You know if they remade this it would be at a premium price if not more. You willing to drop $10K?

#582 1 year ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

You know if they remade this it would be at a premium price if not more. You willing to drop $10K?

Yes

#583 1 year ago

Same here! And I already have a Tron Pro!

#584 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

Same here! And I already have a Tron Pro!

Ditto. Mine already cost me 14kau

#585 1 year ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Oh that’s ok what Tron really needs is the LCD and total software upgrade!!!!!”
- everybody who has been asking for this VE for years

My guess is Stern may well do that one day…but for LOTR…and the cost will be absurd.

I waited for years for a Tron VE to come out. About three or four years ago I gave up and bought a pro and have enjoyed the crap out of it. Don’t wait for a NIB that may never be made, life is too short, grab a HUO example asap if you can find one.

#586 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My guess is Stern may well do that one day…but for LOTR…and the cost will be absurd.
I waited for years for a Tron VE to come out. About three or four years ago I gave up and bought a pro and have enjoyed the crap out of it. Don’t wait for a NIB that may never be made, life is too short, grab a HUO example asap if you can find one.

Make me a Super VE that plays as nice, add to the mix all the gadgets possible that we have come to love, including toys, discs pop bumpers, lighted cycles that react to gameplay, mini arcade, a Flynn's sign, full LCD, subwoofer, some sort of real animated pinblades and backboard that act as one big screen surrounding the game. Lighted up cabinet sides with EL panels and tape - add more Daft Punk music.. I'll be there for it!

#587 1 year ago

It will be a $15k game. I doubt they do a premium only. My guess is it is a special run starting at $12k plus.

#588 1 year ago

$100,000 by christmas.

#589 1 year ago
Quoted from hank527:

It will be a $15k game. I doubt they do a premium only. My guess is it is a special run starting at $12k plus.

I'm ok with this, better anyway than spending $$ on some Bond LE that pretty much look the same as the Premium, or dropping even more $$$ on some SLE that barely interests me.

#590 1 year ago

If James Bond is 9.5k premium what makes you guys think Tron is more?
Lol relax guys.

#591 1 year ago

If James Bond is 9.5k premium what makes you guys think Tron is more?
Lol relax guys.

We're simply getting ready for next year's Tron VE hype thread!

tronlegacybg (resized).jpgtronlegacybg (resized).jpg
#592 1 year ago
Quoted from Saltimbanco:

We're simply getting ready for next year's Tron VE hype thread! [quoted image]

Hehe.
Takeeeee my money.

Also …love that graphic!!!!

#593 1 year ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Don’t wait for a NIB that may never be made, life is too short, grab a HUO example asap if you can find one.

This is the right advice. Life is too short. If it's something you want, do it now. Because you have no idea what tomorrow holds. It might be a Tron VE, or it might be a stroke. Life is durable in one minute, and fragile in the next.

#594 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

This is the right advice. Life is too short. If it's something you want, do it now. Because you have no idea what tomorrow holds. It might be a Tron VE, or it might be a stroke. Life is durable in one minute, and fragile in the next.

Amen. I've owned 3 TRONs over the years...one of the best! Here is the current beauty Never gets old...fast, furious and really brutal.

IMG_0947 (resized).jpegIMG_0947 (resized).jpeg
#595 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

Amen. I've owned 3 TRONs over the years...one of the best! Here is the current beauty Never gets old...fast, furious and really brutal.
[quoted image]

Agreed. But I am not willing to pay TRON PRO prices of this old tech, I am holding off until the VE which will happen and will most likely be one of the biggest cornerstones for next year as most of the other licenses are really WEAK sauce. I do not need a marvel pin and dont think anybody does either.

But a nice TRON... I think that is Stern is smart, if James Bond sells well then they will another hit to maintain momentum.

Tron hits the right spot with a light BOM - really the pro has nothing in other than the disc - but just needs lit up ramps or it is just underwhelming to play once you play it with.
Add to modern sounds, better animations and callouts to the LCD/gameplay, a light system using the new LED kits we have in music pins (Led Zeppelin, Rush), lit up those ramps and you have a home un without even trying. This will open up the field and give Stern sometime to come up with another heavy hitter right after...

#596 1 year ago

But I am not willing to pay TRON PRO prices of this old tech, I am holding off until the VE...

I get that sentiment. But I'd be worried about the changes you are asking for. Tron is one of my favorite games of all time. New callouts, lightshows, gameplay, animations, all might kill the spirit of the game (ahem... Spiderman).

#597 1 year ago

Agreed. But I am not willing to pay TRON PRO prices of this old tech, I am holding off until the VE which will happen and will most likely be one of the biggest cornerstones for next year as most of the other licenses are really WEAK sauce. I do not need a marvel pin and dont think anybody does either.
But a nice TRON... I think that is Stern is smart, if James Bond sells well then they will another hit to maintain momentum.
Tron hits the right spot with a light BOM - really the pro has nothing in other than the disc - but just needs lit up ramps or it is just underwhelming to play once you play it with.
Add to modern sounds, better animations and callouts to the LCD/gameplay, a light system using the new LED kits we have in music pins (Led Zeppelin, Rush), lit up those ramps and you have a home un without even trying. This will open up the field and give Stern sometime to come up with another heavy hitter right after...

TRON isn't "old tech"...sure, it lacks an LCD, but the ColorDMD on it rocks. Many of us have all the awesome mods, which includes some very cool work on the soundtrack. I have many modern games and I TRON gets played just as much as the more modern Sterns (along with Metallica, AC/DC, etc.). The rule sets and shot choreography on many of these older games is stellar.

I'd love to see Stern come out with a new/improved TRON, but somehow I doubt it will be any better than what we have today. If I'm wrong, I'll upgrade In the meantime, I'll enjoy what exists. As DaveH says "Life is too short"...this thread is already 6 years old! WTF...

#598 1 year ago
Quoted from snaroff:

TRON isn't "old tech"...sure, it lacks an LCD, but the ColorDMD on it rocks. Many of us have all the awesome mods, which includes some very cool work on the soundtrack. I have many modern games and I TRON gets played just as much as the more modern Sterns (along with Metallica, AC/DC, etc.). The rule sets and shot choreography on many of these older games is stellar.
I'd love to see Stern come out with a new/improved TRON, but somehow I doubt it will be any better than what we have today. If I'm wrong, I'll upgrade In the meantime, I'll enjoy what exists. As DaveH says "Life is too short"...this thread is already 6 years old! WTF...

Yes it is not terribly old. not bad I guess.

#599 1 year ago
Quoted from DaveH:

I get that sentiment. But I'd be worried about the changes you are asking for. Tron is one of my favorite games of all time. New callouts, lightshows, gameplay, animations, all might kill the spirit of the game (ahem... Spiderman).

Yeah, I don't want to see Stern do a Spider-Man to Tron. Happy to replace the red DMD with LCD and movie clips, but want the same soundtrack and callouts.

Talk of a new Tron pinball has really ramped up!

#600 1 year ago

Hope they make more for ya’ll that want a new one and DON’T charge above pro pricing.

I’ll be sticking with my upgraded original, the speaker lights topper and under cab lighting sync with the ramps… it technically has an LCD too (in the back)

97C304B7-AC60-48E7-93FA-76D15D26543A (resized).jpeg97C304B7-AC60-48E7-93FA-76D15D26543A (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 8.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
PFX Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 99.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts

Trade
$ 109.95
Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 200.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 14.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 350.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 6.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

10,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Willington, DE
$ 9.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Venice, FL
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,321 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 27.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/tron-ve-is-it-really-coming/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.