Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,233 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bicyclenut
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

34894835376_82192d1a60_o (resized).jpg
    pagg.jpg
    PaGG17ems (resized).jpg
    IMG_2433 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2372 (resized).JPG
    20170520_172734 (resized).jpg
    51761609566__9AB5B6C8-B27E-45E3-A9EE-C17D00E3CDEF (resized).JPG
    51761608652__EEEB6AB2-B25A-4AC9-867D-48581371B0FC (resized).JPG
    DSCN0820 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0818 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0815 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0766 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0674 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0673 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0570 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0859 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jellikit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#443 7 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

FLASH!!!!! Afmr will be at pin a go go.
    Thanks to pps. Stay tuned, more exciting announcements coming this week.
    I told you it is going to be epic.

Is it down to 40 days remaining yet?

Brad

#495 7 years ago

I know that there is a separate thread for this and it has been posted to the PAGG Facebook page, but want to do my best to make sure anyone going to the show who might be interested in a Spirit of Steve Charland print or poster saw this as I know with all the activity on Pinside that threads can get buried. There are two versions as seen below, a 20" x 30" poster and a 8" x 12" print seen with a 8.5" x 11" piece of white paper to show scale. If interested, please complete the Google Form below to assist me in regards to quantities and details:

https://goo.gl/forms/p986GZf6xRpsGLwm2

If you are going to PAGG but would like your order sent, please just indicate that on the form. All proceeds from sales will go to the Charland family. Thank you for your interest and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.

Sincerely,
    Brad Czernik (CARGPB #22)

spirit_of_steve.jpgspirit_of_steve.jpg

#506 7 years ago
    Quoted from jellikit:

I know that there is a separate thread for this and it has been posted to the PAGG Facebook page, but want to do my best to make sure anyone going to the show who might be interested in a Spirit of Steve Charland print or poster saw this as I know with all the activity on Pinside that threads can get buried. There are two versions as seen below, a 20" x 30" poster and a 8" x 12" print seen with a 8.5" x 11" piece of white paper to show scale. If interested, please complete the Google Form below to assist me in regards to quantities and details:
    If you are going to PAGG but would like your order sent, please just indicate that on the form. All proceeds from sales will go to the Charland family. Thank you for your interest and feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
    Sincerely,
    Brad Czernik (CARGPB #22)

Quoted from practicalsteve:

Thanks again for making these

I am happy to do what I can for Steve's family and in his memory. Your support has been great and appreciated. I look forward to shaking your hand in just over a month.

Brad

#531 7 years ago
    Quoted from hawkmoon:

mrgone,I see American Pinball showing there "Houdini" all over! Have you heard anything about them possibly coming?,or,does JJP get it all!!

Check back to when there were 44 days to go, it was announced American Pinball will be there with Houdini.

Brad

1 week later
    #638 7 years ago
    Quoted from pinsane:

Wow, all these years and I've never been to the BBQ at PAGG. The lure of tiki drinks absolutely makes this a must-attend! I'll contribute a bottle of 69% Overproof OFTD! (which despite what the label says does NOT really stand for Old Fashioned Traditional Dark--those in the know understand it's what cocktail historian David Wondrich exclaimed when he first tasted it: Oh F*ck, Thats Delicious!)
    steve SDTM

And you are required to take pictures of anything/everything that you drink and eat, but you already know that...

Brad

#724 6 years ago

With just over two weeks to PAGG, let me provide the link to purchase the poster, print, or both of the Spirit of Steve Charland:

I mention this again in case anyone missed my earlier post in the thread or anywhere else I've mentioned it. As I want to make sure to have what I know people want (pre-order) as well as additional copies that can be purchased at the show. Once again, the proceeds from all sales will be going to the Charland Family. Thanks again everyone, the support and feedback has been fantastic! To say that we are excited for our first visit to PAGG would be a massive understatement.

Brad

spirit_of_steve.jpgspirit_of_steve.jpg

#734 6 years ago

Does anything else need to be said?

Brad

PAGG.jpgPAGG.jpg

#785 6 years ago

PAGG_8.jpgPAGG_8.jpg

#872 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

3 days until pin a go go!

pagg_final.pngpagg_final.png

#903 6 years ago

PAGG_Launch.pngPAGG_Launch.png

#904 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

So glad you asked.
    2 days until pin a go go.

Do you ever sleep?

Brad

#907 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Yes, but very little.

That's good, make the most of your time! I have a feeling you won't be sleeping at all this weekend.

Brad

#934 6 years ago

I think you got this confused with the pacific pinball expo thread buddy, still a lot of days before PAGG 2017!

That was a long time ago in a galaxy far away... some final pandering before we arrive in California!

Brad

pagg_force.pngpagg_force.png

#940 6 years ago

one_more_day.pngone_more_day.png

#969 6 years ago

We didn't bring any machines from Illinois, but this all made is safely for the silent auction.

It is a 6-pack of Two Brothers Pinball pale ale, two Two Brothers pint glasses, and a set of 4 WeatherTech coasters. Both Two Brothers and WeatherTech are made less than 30 minutes from where we live.

Get your pens ready to bid!

Brad

chicago_pkg.jpgchicago_pkg.jpg

#975 6 years ago

Jim Thornton is present. I can now say Houdini is truly the master of illusion!

Brad

#1015 6 years ago

Great show and people. We've had a chance to catch up with old friends and meet new. The show is very reflective of what the pinball community is all about.

Brad

#1114 6 years ago

I would like to offer a review of 2017 Pin-A-Go-Go coming from the perspective of an outsider from Illinois. And sorry for the length, this write-up is actually short for me.

First let me acknowledge all the support I received Eric Neff, Steve Frisvold, and Steve Faith. They are the ones I bothered the most before coming to the show in regards to the posters, prints, and anything else I might bring to see about helping to raise some money. We met Chris Bannister shortly after arriving and he immediately worked to help us as well.

PAGG was exceptionally well-run and that includes the general process of how things were done and organization. I am not one that has been ‘behind the scenes’ when it comes to pinball shows, so I can’t speak to others, but between their earbud walkie talkie communication, numbered game/key system (for tech access), and overall “clean” setup it was impressive. You can tell that those who volunteer and work at the show take a lot of pride in what they do, that was apparent from when we first got there to put out what we had brought. Jim Thornton had a laugh as when he arrived he expected to level Houdini but it had already been done!

A number of tears shed over the weekend for Steve’s passing, but there were even more smiles and laughter with those sharing his memories. He was the epitome of what is great about the hobby, bringing people together, creating memories, and enjoying the wonders of pinball. His presence was felt through his friends and family, whether inside the buildings, in the swap meet, or a random area of the parking lot.

And to that, I will say that after nearly 20 years of friendship with Cliffy Rinear and Rob Bell, I was so glad to finally meet both of them in person. It is hard to relate the experience to others, maybe catching up with a good friend who moved to a far away state that you happen to bump into 1000 miles away from where you both grew up in a store 15 years later. It was absolutely fantastic to talk with both, share stories, and simply spend time with them. I really can’t put the experience into words, so I won’t try.

Then there is Steve Tsubota, a man with exceptional camera skills and a heart of gold. Or Chris Thompson (The Black Knight), my wife Sandy and I went with him and his girlfriend Karla to dinner on Friday night. His knowledge is immense and his willingness to discuss it might even be larger! Opinionated and bald, he is The Black Knight!

Like others, I can't remember the names of people I met as there were simply too many. But off the top of my head there was Spencer, Dottie, JJ, Sparky, Kerry, Dan, Greg, Bill, Randy, Amber, Cathy, and so many more.

It was all about the experience for me, being able to hug old friends and meet new ones, listening to stories and sharing mine. Enjoying the community somewhere that I had never gone before and was happy to be. And the while the time went fast, it was a weekend that will not be soon forgotten. I’d like to thank everyone for their hospitality, it made our visit a special one. And my wife Sandy and I had a chance to catch-up with family (who live in Lodi) as well! Thank you all!

Brad Czernik
    CARGPB #22

#1118 6 years ago

I knew I was going to forget new amazing friends I made when I posted earlier, I was more than happy to help and it was really great meeting you, Cant wait to hang up my poster for Steve.

Thank you for everything and trust me, I hesitated mentioning any names as there were just so many people I met...

Quoted from dsuperbee:

I was able to spend time with friends, and at least say hello! Gotta see Timathie (and his excellently modded Tommy), Spencer, Dan, Dan F, Eric,Martin, Todd, Steve F, Sparky, Keith, Hector, Dottie, and others I am drawing a blank on at the moment. Yes, PAGG is about pins, but for me (and many others) it's more about friendship. Lots of these folks I see Maybe once a year, and I was fortunate enough to get a few hours this year. Very glad to see everyone! (I didn't get introduced, but when I was with Dan he said goodbye to Brad Czernick, so I do apologize for not realizing who it was!)

No worries, I wish I would have realized who you were as well, so the feeling is mutual!

Brad

#1191 6 years ago
    Quoted from TG:

Oh, and big thanks to Jellikit (Brad C.) for making the long trip from Chicago to deliver the Spirit of Steve posters. A gracious gesture for all pinheads that loved Steve, and for donating the proceeds to the Charland family.
    Todd

Thank you for your kind words. The support I received from California (including you) was nothing short of fantastic. I am so glad that both Sandy and I had a chance to experience the show in person.

Brad

#1209 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

some pics my son took over the weekend.

The first picture features me, my wife, and my sister-in-law (as well as many others). But it may be the only one of the three of us from the whole weekend as I didn't think to take one! Thanks for sharing.

Brad

#1226 6 years ago

Pin-A-Go-Go 2017 in Dixon, the place it happened. Golden State Pinball Festival 2018 in Lodi, the place it will happen once again.

Brad

pagg.jpgpagg.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jellikit.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2017-pin-a-go-go-thread?tu=jellikit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.