Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,233 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by bicyclenut
  • Topic is favorited by 34 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

34894835376_82192d1a60_o (resized).jpg
    pagg.jpg
    PaGG17ems (resized).jpg
    IMG_2433 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2372 (resized).JPG
    20170520_172734 (resized).jpg
    51761609566__9AB5B6C8-B27E-45E3-A9EE-C17D00E3CDEF (resized).JPG
    51761608652__EEEB6AB2-B25A-4AC9-867D-48581371B0FC (resized).JPG
    DSCN0820 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0818 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0815 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0766 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0674 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0673 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0570 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0859 (resized).JPG

There are 1,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 25.
    #701 6 years ago

We could have a row of TZ's... heck I could envision a giant Lost In The Zone sign that spans over all 5

#702 6 years ago

Has BSD been confirmed yet? PAGG is where I fell in love with that pin & learned to appreciate the brilliant simplicity of the scoring rules. It's my favorite 90's pin by far. Someone always seems to bring one in nice condition. The one with the red powdercoated trim & LEDs from a couple years ago was just beautiful.

My buddy & I clock in on the BSD every year. We've been doing our own little thing for the last 5 years. Mainly for bragging rights, as competition between friends always makes things more interesting. We team up & play each other all weekend, betting $1 a game on any machine, high score wins, most winnings at end of Saturday gets PAGG champ bragging rights. But the best part is critiquing pins, playing new stuff for the first time, finding new favorites that I never expected, and just flat out having some fun! Can't wait!

So if you've got a BSD, you should bring it

#703 6 years ago

I would like to own a Dracula. Well then once I get -it that will be one I bring . Simple.

#704 6 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Good question... wouldn't mind seeing a list of parts vendors who have signed up so far myself.

I'm excited for the flee market / swap meet too. We'll have a table set up on Saturday but I'm anticipating all the cool junk you guys are bringing. We've got a whole truck to fill to bring back to SoCal.

I just finished a bunch of "for sale" Theatre of Magic Wand Mods, Trunk Chain Mod sets, Ghostbusters ECTO-1 mods and more. See ya all there !

#705 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballholder:

I believe all the pinball machines for the tournament have been selected already, so I think your's will join the other four TZs and be available for everyone to play. Thanks again for bringing two fantastic machines!

Oh well, at least I'll have my games together this year!

#706 6 years ago

Since This year is TIKI Themed...
    I think we should all wear our best, ugliest, extreme, Hawaiian style, Hula Shirts!!!
    At my work we have Hawaiian Shirt Friday's, can be fun.
    The goal is to always find the ugliest at Goodwill stores and Thrift.
    Perhaps a Contest, I can dig up something to Donate to Winner!

#707 6 years ago

17 days and counting

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#708 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Since This year is TIKI Themed...
    I think we should all wear our best, ugliest, extreme, Hawaiian style, Hula Shirts!!!
    At my work we have Hawaiian Shirt Friday's, can be fun.
    The goal is to always find the ugliest at Goodwill stores and Thrift.
    Perhaps a Contest, I can dig up something to Donate to Winner!

No such thing as an ugly tiki shirt.

#709 6 years ago

Not my bar but tikis do rock.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#710 6 years ago

I have a request for the folks who will be camping.

I will be pulling in Friday around noon with my trailer. I was hoping someone who will be there Thursday night might go to the camp office and 'reserve' me a space for Friday and Saturday night. I could repay the favor with a 6 pack. I'd hate to pull the trailer up from Tehachapi and then have no hookups.

Thanks,
    --Alan

#711 6 years ago

T-16 days and counting.

#712 6 years ago

Has there been any word yet on signing up for the yearly "informal" tournament that takes place on Friday night? Or "Pinside" badges (still have mine from yesteryear)?

#713 6 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

Has there been any word yet on signing up for the yearly "informal" tournament that takes place on Friday night?

I would like to know about this, too, please.

#714 6 years ago

Should I start loading up my truck and trailer now? Too soon? Come on PAGG is almost here! can't wait!

#715 6 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

Has there been any word yet on signing up for the yearly "informal" tournament that takes place on Friday night? Or "Pinside" badges (still have mine from yesteryear)?

I contacted GENEX who ran the informal tournament last year and he explained to me that the only tournament will be the pin golf tournament on Saturday. Unless things change. But that is the official word directly from him.

#716 6 years ago

Having never played PinGolf before, as a mediocre/average player, would it be fun or would I just be holding up the crowd?

#717 6 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

Having never played PinGolf before, as a mediocre/average player, would it be fun or would I just be holding up the crowd?

It's still fun. I forget the names of the 2 groups they break it down to, but there's one tournament for beginners/amateurs and another for the higher-ranked players. You'd be in the beginner/amateur group.

#718 6 years ago

mercat!! I play pin golf too,and I am a average player!!! Last year a 14 yr old girl beat me in 5 games!! BUT-this is just fun so come and be embarrassed with me!!We will get better with age: I saw this girl do a death save on Cactus Canyon,and I tilted!!BOOOO!!::)Come have fun!!!

#719 6 years ago

Oh good there's an ameture hour! Maybe I can con my wife into playing as well

#720 6 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I have a request for the folks who will be camping.

PM sent.

#721 6 years ago

novice division=never played in a tournament or beginners.

open division= has competed in tournaments and or leagues.

kids tournament. kids.

#722 6 years ago

I played last year in the novice division and I had competed in tournaments prior as well as played in leagues. The open division does have great players and they are educational to watch and learn from.

It is a great time but if you do well it can take up most of your Saturday and Saturday night.

#723 6 years ago
    Quoted from loren3233:

I played last year in the novice division and I had competed in tournaments prior as well as played in leagues. The open division does have great players and they are educational to watch and learn from.
    It is a great time but if you do well it can take up most of your Saturday and Saturday night.

I think it might be if you have won a tournament or placed high in a league they want you to compete in open.

even in novice division there are some real good players.

#724 6 years ago

With just over two weeks to PAGG, let me provide the link to purchase the poster, print, or both of the Spirit of Steve Charland:

https://goo.gl/forms/p986GZf6xRpsGLwm2

I mention this again in case anyone missed my earlier post in the thread or anywhere else I've mentioned it. As I want to make sure to have what I know people want (pre-order) as well as additional copies that can be purchased at the show. Once again, the proceeds from all sales will be going to the Charland Family. Thanks again everyone, the support and feedback has been fantastic! To say that we are excited for our first visit to PAGG would be a massive understatement.

Brad

spirit_of_steve.jpgspirit_of_steve.jpg

#725 6 years ago
    Quoted from merccat:

There was some instruction for those that want to play in the tournament AND go to Sparky's BBQ as to when they should sign up for their tee times. I just can't remember what the advice was...if it was to sign up for early times or late times.

Either way, the tournament has been said to take up a lot of your time on Saturday. Fair warning.

#726 6 years ago

FLASH! The raffle and silent auction still need more items. Do something cool and donate an item or 3.
    Pm alwaysrocking777.

#727 6 years ago

IMG_2198 (resized).JPGIMG_2198 (resized).JPG

#728 6 years ago

Oh, 15 days until pin a go go!!!!

#729 6 years ago

Yes only Pin-Golf as there are now Friday night tee times too - i suggest everyone play as it's really fun!

I now won't be able to get there until Friday night unfortunately b/c of work stuff but am excited for my favorite pinball show!!!

#730 6 years ago
    Quoted from DruTheFu:

So I have a lot going on this year and don't think I'm going to have time to make my badges, of course if you have one from previous years I encourage you to wear it, but JJ from game exchange is graciously taking up the call this year- see this thread for more info

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pin-a-go-go-2017-name-badge-and-lanyard

#731 6 years ago

I count 195 machines on the list with 2 weeks to go!
    Yay! But c'mon Pinheads, we need mo'!

#732 6 years ago

I'm bringing a Hook and Popeye Saves the Earth (both for sale)

I'll also have a NIB Magic Girl for sale

(For NOT $40,000 lol)

LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOU ALL THERE!

#733 6 years ago

We've added Free Delivery to PAGG options on both Planetary Pinball and Bay Area Amusements sites for orders for the show.

In addition, we will have some P2K glass there, as well as some IPB Anti-Reflective glass there - not much of either of these but if someone wants either best to let me know so I can save for you (saving is up to Saturday 5PM) P2K glass at the show is $200 and A/R glass is $150 for those who reserve ahead of time.

We will also bring 3D Translites to the show as well.

BUT best to order what you want/need as I don't know exactly what we will or will not be bringing.

thanks,
    rick

#734 6 years ago

Does anything else need to be said?

Brad

PAGG.jpgPAGG.jpg

#735 6 years ago

According to the list so far, there's actually going to be more Gilligan's Islands than Addams Family's. Crazy.

I actually really like GI, too. Can't wait to play more than one at PAGG!

#736 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

According to the list so far, there's actually going to be more Gilligan's Islands than Addams Family's. Crazy.
    I actually really like GI, too. Can't wait to play more than one at PAGG!

I don't think there were any GI last year.

#737 6 years ago

I thought there was one in the middle row of the larger building. Could've been two years ago, though. I've been enough times now that it's hard to remember one specific year's lineup.

It's a pretty underrated game, most likely from the super short ruleset. Basically a system 11 game with the first smatterings of the DMD era. Fun game, though. I'd love to own one at some point.

#738 6 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I thought there was one in the middle row of the larger building. Could've been two years ago, though. I've been enough times now that it's hard to remember one specific year's lineup.
    It's a pretty underrated game, most likely from the super short ruleset. Basically a system 11 game with the first smatterings of the DMD era. Fun game, though. I'd love to own one at some point.

I like it as well. Fun game, easy to follow rules. Mine will be there as well. Typical cab fade, but the pf is gorgeous. Only wear is at the ball drops.

#740 6 years ago

13 days pinheads.

#741 6 years ago

Seeing pics of Houdini this morning at Allentown. So awesome they are bringing one. Any news on Alien making it?

#742 6 years ago

Woohoo! Over 200 machines on the list. It is going to be the best time ever. Can't wait to play some pinball and have a family reunion! The weekend I look forward to every year. See you soon!

#743 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericpinballfan:

Seeing pics of Houdini this morning at Allentown. So awesome they are bringing one. Any news on Alien making it?

Houdini will be there. Alien, not likely.

#744 6 years ago

I'm sad no Alien or TA but there will be tons of great other games!

#745 6 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

Houdini will be there. Alien, not likely.

Doesnt matter, we dont need it.
    Pagg line up looking good.

#746 6 years ago

Don't mean to be premature (save the jokes. ) but this will be current on the east coast in an hour.

Preview (resized).jpegPreview (resized).jpeg

#747 6 years ago

If I can get it running I'll bring this to the show

IMAG0033 (resized).jpgIMAG0033 (resized).jpg

#748 6 years ago

Beat me to it !!

12 days.....

BUMP.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#749 6 years ago
    Quoted from chuckcasey:

Beat me to it !!
    12 days.....
    BUMP.

mrgone is the official show count down man! He's the one we all look to for the steady count down and build up!

#750 6 years ago

Okay, I'll keep my mouth shut.

There are 1,233 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 25.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-2017-pin-a-go-go-thread/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.