3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,233 posts
  • 115 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bicyclenut
  • Topic is favorited by 35 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 324 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

34894835376_82192d1a60_o (resized).jpg
    pagg.jpg
    PaGG17ems (resized).jpg
    IMG_2433 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2372 (resized).JPG
    20170520_172734 (resized).jpg
    51761609566__9AB5B6C8-B27E-45E3-A9EE-C17D00E3CDEF (resized).JPG
    51761608652__EEEB6AB2-B25A-4AC9-867D-48581371B0FC (resized).JPG
    DSCN0820 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0818 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0815 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0766 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0674 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0673 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0570 (resized).JPG
    DSCN0859 (resized).JPG

There are 1233 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 25.
    #1 3 years ago

Well, here it is pinheads.

365 days until pin a go go 2017

Start getting your games ready.

It's going to be beyond awesome!

#2 3 years ago

Yes it will!

#3 3 years ago

Hey Spencer...What took you so long?

#4 3 years ago

Damn I wanted to be the second poster!

#5 3 years ago
    Quoted from practicalsteve:

Damn I wanted to be the second poster!

Me too, but I'm cool with the bronze...

#6 3 years ago

Is Steve planning next years artwork already?
    Seriously, thanks for the 4 pack of posters. I gotta by some frames, very nice artwork.

#7 3 years ago

They need to change the policy on bringing games to sell, have an area of project pinballs for sale. Bring 1 game to sell , half price admission? Also consider a restored game show area but to view only, let people see show quality games ? I would love to bring a fully restored Fathom, Bad cats, but not to have the game thrashed? Just a thought

#8 3 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

They need to change the policy on bringing games to sell, have an area of project pinballs for sale. Bring 1 game to sell , half price admission? Also consider a restored game show area but to view only, let people see show quality games ? I would love to bring a fully restored Fathom, Bad cats, but not to have the game thrashed? Just a thought

What change of selling policy? There seemed to be a good amount of games for sale today, less than fri/sat of course.

As far as bringing games, lots of guys bring restored games for people to play all the time. Greg Ong brings his restored ES and FH every year, and there was the SWEET punk that Steve C restored that was available to play.

#9 3 years ago

Thank you everyone who made this years show incredible once again . I am in for 2017 yes!!!!!!!!now I need to figure out what to bring Lol

Rob

#10 3 years ago

I just wish we could convince some more of the parts/project horders to part with more of their stash at the swap meet. I thought there would be more folks selling stuff.

#11 3 years ago
    Quoted from uncivil_engineer:

I just wish we could convince some more of the parts/project horders to part with more of their stash at the swap meet. I thought there would be more folks selling stuff.

There was a lot less this year than last for sure.

#12 3 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

Pinball machines are made to be played.

#13 3 years ago

I will bring a stash of stuff next year for the swap meet
    Sound like fun to not sell to the low ballers

#14 3 years ago

Huge shout out to Adam and Spencer - thanks for making the crazy drive to and from Dixon this year with 20+ games.

#15 3 years ago
    Quoted from alwaysrockin777:

Huge shout out to Adam and Spencer - thanks for making the crazy drive to and from Dixon this year with 20+ games.

Quite the feet that Adam pulled off this year, managing that truck!

#16 3 years ago
    Quoted from CCPL:

Quite the feet that Adam pulled off this year, managing that truck!

Poor guys gotta be ragged this morning. What a way to spend your birthday!

#17 3 years ago

Chedder,MrGone,i had a great time ! Met Larry,the owner of PPM ,unloaded his wedge heads and all his nice Ems on Thurs!Shout out to Mary Pierce,she does a great job on the auctions!Thanks for the opportunity to be part of the show!!ALSO a big shout out to Mike Huntsmen,Mikes Minicade,in Sparks,Nev.for donating the Kicker to the auction!!

#19 3 years ago

Aack!!! I'll never make it in time. I forgot to ask, why was everyone walking up to me this year and handing me blown fuses to inspect and throw away?

Steve

#20 3 years ago

I'll be there. Not sure what I'm bringing yet

#21 3 years ago

Just Secured a Spirit
    Now to Find a Punk

Really like that game
    Thanks again Steve

Enjoy your JB

#22 3 years ago

This is my 3rd PAGG event I attended and it was the best ever. I met so many cool people playing games with random people. Shout out to Tom for organizing a fun filled pin golf tournament that was very well organized and exciting to participate in. The goals were challenging to achieve but that made it more fun to accomplish the tasks in the fewest number of balls.

I played Hobbit a 2nd time and scored 315,000 on my first ball. All of a sudden the lights went totally dead and the back glass LCD panel rebooted. I was bummed that it reset. It happened during Dragon multi-ball. In that same hour I had the opportunity to play the Hobbit a 3rd time in a four player game with Spencer (aka mrgone) and his wife. It was an absolute pleasure to play with the family and they cheered me on. I had a great first ball at 375,000 points and I felt guilty having other people wait for my turn to be over. Spencer and his wife were so cool cheering me on every step of the way! Thanks to all their support I got Grand Champion which felt like a huge accomplishment for me. If it weren't for Spencer and his wife I wouldn't have played as well. Thanks Spencer for rooting for me even though my game took a long time to wait your turn. I was in the zone!

I am already counting the days for the next PAGG. I spent more time talking to people than playing the machines. But that is what PAGG is all about. It is a giant family who loves playing pinball and I definitely feel like I am part of the family.

I also have to say that this show had the least amount of games broken down than any other year. Shout out to all the techs who fixed the machines right away keeping them running. The owners of the machines prepared them in tip top shape for the public to enjoy. The event was super organized with very little wait at the door. I loved having the concessions stand between the two buildings to grab a bite to eat while taking a break. The only thing that was a little annoying was the cold air blowing in the smaller hall. It felt like a windstorm but probably was necessary to cool down and ventilate the place. Shout out to Jim for bringing his Cirqus Voltaire with the new Color DMD. It played great aside from the ROM reset issue occasionally. This is the first time I have been to the PAGG show having a Cirqus Voltaire available to be played, which is to this day my favorite pin.

I can't wait until next year to meet more people and play new and rare games on the show floor. Looking forward to CAX next. Maybe we can keep the same vibe going at CAX that we experienced at PAGG. See you soon in July!

Steve, the Pinball Hog cards really worked effectively to get people to share machines more. Most people I witnessed only played a single player game or offered to play with more than one player. I highly suggest you put them on all the machines at CAX.

IMG_3425_(resized).jpg

#23 3 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

Just Secured a Spirit
    Now to Find a Punk
    Really like that game
    Thanks again Steve
    Enjoy your JB

Ahh! Another spirit captured?

I'm thinking bye by IJ if I could get a spirit in. I missed the game too much this year. Charland, you hear that? Haha.

Next year PaGG is drinking age. I'm sure the stories next year will surpass those of this. Thanks to everyone for throwing a 3 (ish) day birthday party for me every year!

#24 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinballonthemark:

This is my 3rd PAGG event I attended and it was the best ever. I met so many cool people playing games with random people. Shout out to Tom for organizing a fun filled pin golf tournament that was very well organized and exciting to participate in. The goals were challenging to achieve but that made it more fun to accomplish the tasks in the fewest number of balls.
    I played Hobbit a 2nd time and scored 315,000 on my first ball. All of a sudden the lights went totally dead and the back glass LCD panel rebooted. I was bummed that it reset. It happened during Dragon multi-ball. In that same hour I had the opportunity to play the Hobbit a 3rd time in a four player game with Spencer (aka mrgone) and his wife. It was an absolute pleasure to play with the family and they cheered me on. I had a great first ball at 375,000 points and I felt guilty having other people wait for my turn to be over. Spencer and his wife were so cool cheering me on every step of the way! Thanks to all their support I got Grand Champion which felt like a huge accomplishment for me. If it weren't for Spencer and his wife I wouldn't have played as well. Thanks Spencer for rooting for me even though my game took a long time to wait your turn. I was in the zone!
    I am already counting the days for the next PAGG. I spent more time talking to people than playing the machines. But that is what PAGG is all about. It is a giant family who loves playing pinball and I definitely feel like I am part of the family.
    I also have to say that this show had the least amount of games broken down than any other year. Shout out to all the techs who fixed the machines right away keeping them running. The owners of the machines prepared them in tip top shape for the public to enjoy. The event was super organized with very little wait at the door. I loved having the concessions stand between the two buildings to grab a bite to eat while taking a break. The only thing that was a little annoying was the cold air blowing in the smaller hall. It felt like a windstorm but probably was necessary to cool down and ventilate the place. Shout out to Jim for bringing his Cirqus Voltaire with the new Color DMD. It played great aside from the ROM reset issue occasionally. This is the first time I have been to the PAGG show having a Cirqus Voltaire available to be played, which is to this day my favorite pin.
    I can't wait until next year to meet more people and play new and rare games on the show floor. Looking forward to CAX next. Maybe we can keep the same vibe going at CAX that we experienced at PAGG. See you soon in July!
    Steve, the Pinball Hog cards really worked effectively to get people to share machines more. Most people I witnessed only played a single player game or offered to play with more than one player. I highly suggest you put them on all the machines at CAX.

Wait...this event hasn't happened yet! Who are you, Future-Man?

#25 3 years ago

I am definitely bringing more games in 2017. This was my first year bringing games, and seeing people enjoying the machines I brought made me feel great. Thats what I love about this hobby, being able to share it with everybody. Scorpion was much more popular and positively received than I anticipated, so it will no longer be for sale and it will come with me not only to CAX this year, but to PAGG 2017 as well. The TMNT project that I scored at this years swap meet will also be resurrected and I guarantee it will come full circle and be back at the show next year. Can't wait!!

#26 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheDrewster:

I am definitely bringing more games in 2017. This was my first year bringing games, and seeing people enjoying the machines I brought made me feel great. Thats what I love about this hobby, being able to share it with everybody. Scorpion was much more popular and positively received than I anticipated, so it will no longer be for sale and it will come with me not only to CAX this year, but to PAGG 2017 as well. The TMNT project that I scored at this years swap meet will also be resurrected and I guarantee it will come full circle and be back at the show next year. Can't wait!!

I would be so pumped to get a chance to play TMNT. Been wanting to try it for about 2 years but Ive never seen it operational anywhere, itd be the highlight of next show for me if you managed to get it working and brought it;-P

#27 3 years ago
    Quoted from TheDrewster:

This was my first year bringing games, and seeing people enjoying the machines I brought made me feel great. Thats what I love about this hobby, being able to share it with everybody.

Welcome to the "game-bringers" club! I had a few people really stoked on playing my machines and that made it all worth it. Plus PaGG is good about treating the game-bringers right! That extra hour on Saturday morning is huge!

Also the shows are a great test of your repair and maintenance skills. Was stoked to have only a loose GI connector and a bent opto lead all weekend. Felt pretty good to know they can take the pun.

Gonna try to bring 3 next year. Mebbe put that Night Rider in the campground for Pinsiders only!
    See you @ CAX Drewster.

#28 3 years ago
    Quoted from fireball2:

Mebbe put that Night Rider in the campground for Pinsiders only!

That would be amazing!!

#29 3 years ago

If I can better nail down the whole loading/bringing/which vehicle I'm using process, I'm down to bring my games every year. If the first time's the hardest, the rest should be a breeze. Right?

I'm actually trying to think up a part that you can put under your machine, like a socketed-fit piece of some kind, that the game will sit in and let it be the sacrificial piece so your game doesn't take the abuse of sliding on whatever dolly you're using. It'd also protect the edges and corners from catching on things and flaking off bits of wood. Doesn't seem like it should be too hard to come up with, just need to sit down and draw it up.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from Miguel351:

I actually trying to think up a part that you can put under your machine, like a socketed-fit piece of some kind, that the game will sit in and let it be the sacrificial piece so your game doesn't take the abuse of sliding on whatever dolly you're using. It'd also protect the edges and corners from catching on things and flaking off bits of wood. Doesn't seem like it should be too hard to come up with, just need to sit down and draw it up.

You mean like a road case?

#31 3 years ago

Not as expensive as something like that. Plus, it'd just be mainly for flat-loading(although I'm sure something could be drawn up for vertically loaded games as well). Probably just a thin sheet of 1/4" plywood with all four sides on it and the corners cut out for removing and installing the legs. Perhaps even with a corner cap of some kind that goes in place of the legs once removed that helps lock the piece in place and allows you to keep the legs bolts with the machine.

Something like this:
    Untitled-1_(resized).jpg

You could even put a thin foam liner inside the upright sections of it for those that have new, restored, or redone artwork on their cabs just to have that extra level of protection.

It'd just be nice to have something that you could put your game on/in and not have to worry about the truck bed, van floor, or whatever foreign objects might be lying around mucking up your pin when you flat load and slide them in and out of something.

#32 3 years ago

Still brainstorming hereā€¦.

You could even extend the back of it another 1/2" and router the bottom corner to be a nice curve that aids in tipping the game up, too. Or even build a back onto that piece that the game can slide on once it's upright.

Lots of possibilities.

1 week later
    #33 3 years ago

Clay just posted that he has moved the VFW show for 2017,
    as to not conflict with PAGG2017,
    so we need everyone from the west coast to caravan to Michigan next year
    1st weekend in May, to represent, no excuses.
    Then head back to Cali two weeks later to end the pinball journey at PAGG.
    How many of you are up for it?
    ========================================================
    Note for 2017 we made the show dates so they do not overlap with Pin-a-go-go. We have had the same dates for 3 years in a row, so for 2017 we changed our dates so they shouldn't overwrite each other. I just hope we don't over lap Allentown now, but since they haven't announced, that will be their decision, not ours.
    http://vfwpinball.com

#34 3 years ago

351 days until pagg 2017.

#35 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

351 days until pagg 2017.

I count 354 days from and including: Monday, May 30, 2016
    To, but not including Friday, May 19, 2017
    (weekend after Mothers Day)

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from pinwiztom:

I count 354 days from and including: Monday, May 30, 2016
    To, but not including Friday, May 19, 2017
    (weekend after Mothers Day)

ok, its gotten to the point where I have a hard time keeping track.

354 days then.

#37 3 years ago

I'm down with going to the VFW show. I've been meaning to make a trip since they opened. May, 2017 is as good a time as any!

1 week later
    #38 3 years ago

343 days until pagg 2017!

#39 3 years ago
    Quoted from mrgone:

343 days until pagg 2017!

Woot!

3 weeks later
    #40 3 years ago

Yay.

#41 3 years ago

Yo Greg! Does that mean you're gonna go to PaGG next year?!

#42 3 years ago

322 days until pin a go go 2017.

2 weeks later
    #44 3 years ago

304 days until pin a go go.

1 week later
    #45 3 years ago

294 days until pin a go go 2017

#47 3 years ago

I wish there was a way to improve the swap meet. I got jealous looking at the stuff that available at the New England show. I guess there are not as many project machines on the west coast that are gathering dust.

#48 3 years ago

I wish there was a way to improve the swap meet. I got jealous looking at the stuff that available at the New England show. I guess there are not as many project machines on the west coast that are gathering dust.

I feel like there was a lot more last year, someone brought a trailer of EMs

#49 3 years ago

Oh, there are plenty of old games here in ca. they are all in storage units collecting dust.

#50 3 years ago

We need a Fall PAGG. This wait is killing me...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    $ 30.00
    Apparel - Men
    Pinball Haus
    $ 209.99
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 3.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Parts and Equip
    $ 64.00
    $ 109.99
    $ 29.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 10.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 96.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 10.00
    Apparel - Unisex
    Lee's Parts
    $ 74.00
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    Id Rather Play Pinball
    $ 5,999.99
    $ 84.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 120.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 45.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Great American Pinball
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    $ 34.99
    Cleaner
    Pinball Pro
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Pinball Pro
    $ 9.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Pinball Forever
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    $ 14.95
    There are 1233 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 25.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside