FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2064-1 (resized).JPG
IMG_2076 (resized).JPG
IMG_2074 (resized).JPG
IMG_2069.JPG (resized).jpeg
300C_new 773 (resized).JPG
300C_new 801 (resized).JPG
300C_new 775 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#85 8 years ago

Have you looked at NYC Classic Car Club? If I lived there I'd be looking at that.

#159 8 years ago

Have you seen the Bisimoto Honda Odyssey? It has 300 more HP than the Hellcat. I dream about converting my wife's '14 Ody.

bisimoto_Ody.jpgbisimoto_Ody.jpg

#252 8 years ago

Let's bring it back. I don't think I ever said Congrats on your monumental car purchase. Congrats. I would love to get my hands on that car.

About your paint protection. I follow Subaru forums and there are a bunch that swear paint protection is as good as you say. Those folks are typically from Ausrtalia.

#278 8 years ago

To me the latest WRX is the best looking WRX ever. That is unless you have to have it in hatch, which they no longer offer. I am a Subaru fan and would love to have a WRX next. Since I got an XV , which is my current vehicle, I think I could only live with a hatch. Subaru better get on that.

1 week later
#536 8 years ago

I would go STi because a sedan always looks better, but I would rather have a hatch. All around it looks better anyway. I would delete the rear wing for sure.

#738 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Bwhahahahaha!!!!
The only people that will turn their heads to look at an M3 or M4 are other M3/M4 owners.

I totally agree. I used to check them out in parking lots when I'd come across one. Not anymore though because it is like seeing AMG Mercs. They are everywhere.

I have yet seen a Hellcat on the road and everytime I see a challenger I'm looking to see if it is one.

BTW, do not let the GF drive the Hellcat. She will crash it the first time she gives it gas.

#740 8 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Shit, I don't understand 90% of the jargon in this thread but it's fun as hell to read. Anyone think Kaneda and Pinchroma were, like, separated at birth?

He might be an illegitimate son.

9 months later
#1193 7 years ago

Love the car thread. Looking at RD's Lexus I harken back to the SC400, BMW 850, Supra, RX-7, Land Cruisers, ect. the were out when I was in high school/junior high. I still love all those. You look at a SC400 now and it is plain, but I still love the looks and feeling it gives now, that I had then.

Does anyone wish they can see cars from the point of view of today's 15 year old to know if new cars are really cool looking like he ones I remember? Not much moves my meter anymore. The Nissan Murano looks just like at Lexus RS and everything else seams to blend together. I except the hyper car holy trinity, GT350R, and Z06. Everything else looks generic even thought HP is up beyond belief. That is why when last year I bought a 100 Series Land Cruiser; I was so excited because it brought me back.

#1247 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My dad owned a Corvair when I was a kid. Car was a piece of crap. I remember sitting at a stop light with the top down and my dad sees smoke and flames bellowing out of the back. He starts yelling "get out of the car kids, the car is on fire!"
Good times!

I believe it. My first car was a '67 Corvair. I never had flames, but every once in awhile I would smell gas. The gas line would vibrate loose and drip on the engine block. I didn't know about Locktite then and sold it 6 months later. I still want another one though, but in convertible form like your dads.

#1248 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Tried to talk my wife into a Tesla, but she was INSISTENT on another Chrysler minivan.

Were you able to get her in a Model X? Come to think about it how do people test Tesla's before buying if they don't have a dealer network?

#1279 7 years ago

Does anyone know what kind of damage that much battery drain does when using ludicrous mode? I bet the Hellcat can do that so many more times and have no affect on the motor. The Tesla owner maybe leading to way early battery change outs.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have a Model S as a DD, but for pure thrill give me the Hellcat. Never mind. 350R would be my poison.

#1294 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

the battery comes with an 8-year infinite-mile warranty. your move, Chrysler.

Wow, I didn't know that. I would drive the shit out of it then.

#1296 7 years ago

I would not even blink and buy the Gt350, even more so if R. That car is special and will be worth way more down than 'vette and Porsche because they are normal models. Hellcat and whatever special Camaro of your choice may hold money like the GT 350.

#1312 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What's so special about the GT350? The motor is great with the flat crank, but what else?
The ZL1 will run circles around it when it comes out.
Corvettes don't hold value well at all. Porsches hold their value much better. The value of Hellcats are on the decline. As I mentioned earlier, there are a ton of them sitting on dealers lots locally, and you have them advertising prices nearly $3k below sticker (and I figure if they are advertising them for that, you can get them for even less).

Yes, that engine and the wonderful sounds it makes. If I had a chance to get one I would drive it and it will hold its value very well. I just wouldn't pay over MSRP like most have to do.

#1341 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That GS just looks like supercar......Camaro, not so much. But that could just be me.

No, it is not just you. I completely agree and love the new Corvette styling. The GS looks awesome with the wide body rear fenders and all the other touches. Not having a supercharger would be a plus in my book because that is less to go wrong and it already makes great horsepower.

#1357 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

I saw that comparison.....I really like that show.

I love the MotorTrend YouTube channel. Two of the shows are now on Netflix, which should give a good indication to the quality of show they produce for their channel. Besides, Roadkill and Head 2 Head, I love Dirt Everyday.

2 weeks later
#1388 7 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

That's ridiculous! I got mine at sticker from a small dealer in Indianapolis.
Keep calling around. You will find the right deal.

Ohhhh, so nice.

3 weeks later
#1423 7 years ago

Has anyone seen the results of Car and Driver's Lighting Lap? Damn, the Camaro's are killing it, and that comes from a Mustang fan. Also, Motor Trend just did their best driver's car. McLaren 570S takes the cake. It is a good time right now to be a car lover.

#1426 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

It's actually the GT350R that is killing it and the Viper ACR. They picked the 570S but the ACR is way ahead of everyone else: http://www.boostaddict.com/content.php?7687-MotorTrend-2016-Best-Driver-s-Car-Laguna-Seca-laptimes-with-videos-The-Viper-ACR-rules-the-world

Yes my man, the ACR can't win the driver's contest because it is horrible on the road. However, it is the closest thing anyone can buy as a street legal race car.

The GT350R is amazing, but damn, the V6 Camaro ILE was the big surprise.

#1427 7 years ago
Quoted from Sticky:

The LaFerrari isn't awd so that 60 figure is pretty traction dependent but the 918 consistently will do low 2's.
The last 918 deliveries were this year so I get the technicality but just wanted to point out faster stuff has recently been produced.
It isn't blowing the doors off a Lamborghini as the Huracan is all wheel drive with a dual clutch transmission and is 1500 pounds lighter. Past 60 it's game over for the Tesla anyway or at any speed above 0. It's all about torque down low and that's about it. It's almost 5000 pounds...
It's a nice car so not trying to rain on anyone's parade I'm just into automotive performance.

Right now whatever you are dong either the 918 or the ACR is king. As far as Tesla goes it is fast, but can't do laps. Fast drains on the battery will kill the battery eventually, so the car is programmed to limp after too much. Car and Driver did their best to get a good lap from a Model S, but the car wouldn't let it.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ryanstl.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hellcat-has-arrived?tu=ryanstl and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.