FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2064-1 (resized).JPG
IMG_2076 (resized).JPG
IMG_2074 (resized).JPG
IMG_2069.JPG (resized).jpeg
300C_new 773 (resized).JPG
300C_new 801 (resized).JPG
300C_new 775 (resized).JPG

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 32.
#1151 7 years ago

^ Very nice!

#1152 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

^ Very nice!

Thanks. I really like it. It's quite a bit larger then the Trailblazer was, but is so much more comfortable. And being 9 years newer, has so many more convenience options. I looked at some with the V6, which is a fine motor on it's own, but you can't beat that Hemi rumble. It makes me smile every time I start it up.

Chris

#1153 7 years ago
Quoted from SilverUnicorn:

Thanks. I really like it. It's quite a bit larger then the Trailblazer was, but is so much more comfortable. And being 9 years newer, has so many more convenience options. I looked at some with the V6, which is a fine motor on it's own, but you can't beat that Hemi rumble. It makes me smile every time I start it up.
Chris

Good call on the Hemi Durango.....we have well over 100,000 miles on ours now with no major issues. All the tech (adaptive cruise, auto brite lights, blind spot indicators, rear camera......etc.... all still work perfectly). Ours is a 2011.

#1154 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Good call on the Hemi Durango.....we have well over 100,000 miles on ours now with no major issues. All the tech (adaptive cruise, auto brite lights, blind spot indicators, rear camera......etc.... all still work perfectly). Ours is a 2011.

Great to know! I never know buying used, but it was certified pre-owned, and I picked up a lifetime Maxcare warranty that covers just about everything powertrain and electronic for as long as I own it.

I am really glad I got one with the blind spot detection. This seems to have a fairly large blind spot (comparatively) no matter how I adjust the mirrors.

I have a few friends with older Durangos (2003, 2007, and 2002) that are still going strong, so I am hoping this does me well.

Already got some mods done (window vents, hood deflector) and I picked up an R/T badge for the grille today.

badges_(resized).jpgbadges_(resized).jpg

Chris

Chris

#1155 7 years ago

The Hemi R/T drivetrain is great.

2 weeks later
#1156 7 years ago

Thinking about picking up a Scat Pack Charger.... not sure yet. Hellcat is just overkill for a daily driver ( I put about 30,000 a year on).

#1157 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Thinking about picking up a Scat Pack

Me thinks Chrysler should have googled that name before calling their car that.

rd

#1158 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Me thinks Chrysler should have googled that name before calling their car that.
rd

Yeah we know, but it's a throwback term from the 60's Charger/Challenger......before there was an alternate meaning.

#1159 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Yeah we know, but it's a throwback term from the 60's Charger/Challenger......before there was an alternate meaning.

Or the Internet.

rd

1 week later
#1160 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

But the older I get, the more I am steered away from my dream Aston Martin DBS, and more towards something cool and cruisey like a 1970 Chevy pickup

All right, I know I said this about 2 weeks ago.

Then I thought "AHHH F*CK IT - LONG TIME DEAD!" and went and bought a new car.

Yeah, I'm a hypocrite. Blow me.

rd

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1161 7 years ago

OH YEAH! Driving time! Nice one RD

EDIT: Also Let me just say I encountered a Focus ST on the highway the other day and we had some fun on the roads. Still not good for me in looks dept but man that thing was impressive.

#1162 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

All right, I know I said this about 2 weeks ago.
Then I thought "AHHH F*CK IT - LONG TIME DEAD!" and went and bought a new car.
Yeah, I'm a hypocrite. Blow me.
rd

Man, if you are going to be a hypocrite, at least get a brand you haven't owned before!

#1163 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Man, if you are going to be a hypocrite, at least get a brand you haven't owned before!

4th Lexus I've had since 2006, never had one issue, the service is always over and beyond expectations, free servicing for 4 years... Why would I buy anything else?

rd

#1164 7 years ago

Nice car, RD!

I have an RX8. I was looking at all sorts of cars, but then we had a kid. The RX8 works really well to let me have a little fun, and still pick up my daughter on the way home from work. There isn't a lot of opportunity to add power to the car, which it sort of needs. Outside of a turbo kit it's really pretty much tapped as is. I've removed the cats and added some after market ignition coils and motor mounts, otherwise it remains pretty much stock. The car is really kind of impressive for its era and price point. It has an LSD, a carbon fiber driveshaft, and electronic steering with great feedback. It's really weak on torque, but it's pretty fun over 5k rpm.

There are a lot of engine failure stories with that car.. Mine had an engine replaced before I bought it, so I only have about 15k on the engine itself, still less than 50 on the body. It's fairly easy to understand why they had problems. The car was marketed as an every day sports car. The people that attracts are those that aren't interested in doing a lot of maintenance. The car was equipped with some shitty ignition coils that caused some flooding issues. That, along with a lot of heat trapped near the engine led to some apex seal failures. The car is actually oil injected. Some people will report about a 1/2 qt of oil every fuel fill up. I run premix in my tank at a rate of about .5 oz per gallon. I also make sure to check the oil every single fill up. I doubt very much that others went through that same trouble. I always tell myself that if my engine were to fail I'll just throw in a new rotary with a turbo!

I really love touring cars.. My current favorite is the Maserati Gran Turismo. I've heard some mixed reviews about the maintenance requirements. They're fairly reasonably priced used, which makes me think that the maintenance requirements are probably nearing the unreasonable side. I have more love for the Porsche Panamera than most others. I've also sort of fallen in love with the 996, the most loathed of all the 911s.. It's really a pretty great car if you can get past the headlamps, and you can spring for the turbo (which didn't have the same mechanical problems as the NA).

I'm always keeping an eye out for some reasonable 4-seaters with some touring comfort. The newer Pontiac GTOs are always on my radar. Not a lot to look at, but I like the sleeper quality. You'd be really hard pressed to find that sort of performance and utility for less money. The Chevy SS or a Scat Pack charger seem like sort of a sweet spot, but I think they'd meld into feeling like just a regular car with a little power after some time in the seat.

Sorry for the rambles. I love car threads!

#1165 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

4th Lexus I've had since 2006, never had one issue, the service is always over and beyond expectations, free servicing for 4 years... Why would I buy anything else?
rd

Ok... Now I see the L. First glance that looks like an f'n Nissan.....

#1166 7 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I have an RX8. I was looking at all sorts of cars, but then we had a kid. The RX8 works really well to let me have a little fun

I have had 2x RX8s. One was the first one in NZ back in 2003, a titanium 6spd high power model (180kw). The other was a 2005 5spd normal power model (150kw) which the wife used as a daily driver for 4 years. Just sold it a year ago.

You're right with what you say. The main problem with Rx8s is they flood pretty easily. I flooded my first one a couple of times. You can't just start it and move it across the lawn and shut if off ... It'll flood. It needs to warm up properly and then you're fine.

There are horror stories of the 93-95 FD3S RX7 in the States. They would play up, none of the Mazda dealers knew how to fix them, or cared to learn, and they'd end up swapping in a brand new crate motor, when a all that was wrong with the car was a vacuum pipe had fallen off the turbos. Crazy.

The RX8 is a fine handling car. The engine is right in the middle so you get a perfect 50/50 balance. I always thought my 180kw version would make an awesome Targa race car. My buddy put a Trust turbo kit on his RX8, it had probably 220kw which gave it some good punch out of the corners.

rd

#1167 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Ok... Now I see the L. First glance that looks like an f'n Nissan.....

Wash your mouth out.

No mistaking this thing.

rd

#1169 7 years ago
Quoted from pezpunk:

Cmon it does look like z

Maybe if you haven't put your glasses on.

rd

#1170 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

Wash your mouth out.
No mistaking this thing.
rd

Come on now. That first pic at that angle kinda has a Z car vibe. The other pics not so much. Very cool car! Congratz!!

#1171 7 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Come on now. That first pic at that angle kinda has a Z car vibe. The other pics not so much. Very cool car! Congratz!!

as a former Z owner... nah

Most people just aren't as familar with the Lexus F-types. Pretty aggressive styling. I think they are sweet, but just crazy money for what you get.

#1172 7 years ago

Picked up the Scat Pack today. 6.4 liter SRT motor with the active exhaust system....such a beautiful sound. Fully loaded granite pearl. 20160716_133337_(resized).jpg20160716_133337_(resized).jpg

#1173 7 years ago

One more:
20160716_133352_(resized).jpg20160716_133352_(resized).jpg

Pretty nice what you can get these days even on a Dodge muscle car. Adaptive cruise, active lane assist, auto high beams, ventilated front seats, and a whole lot more.

#1174 7 years ago

Great color choice!

#1175 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

One more:

Pretty nice what you can get these days even on a Dodge muscle car. Adaptive cruise, active lane assist, auto high beams, ventilated front seats, and a whole lot more.

yeah, they really don't like stripping them down like in the old days, because it doesn't really save them that much in manufacturing costs. the luxury features are a smaller percentage of the build cost compared to all the tech that goes into non-optional safety features and everything else. plus it makes it harder to sell overall if it doesn't have things like heated seats and such, because most people buy these to be their daily driver, not a drag strip car. it also has to do with the target audience being older than it was in the 60s.

#1176 7 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Most people just aren't as familar with the Lexus F-types. Pretty aggressive styling. I think they are sweet, but just crazy money for what you get.

What specifically are you referring to when you say "Lexus F-types?"

What RD got is an RC-F. That car has a V8 with 467 hp. Sweet car.

But if you are talking about something like the RC-350 F sport (306 HP V6) or the RC-200t (4 banger turbo) I agree with you.

When I purchased my car in October, I narrowed my choice down to the STi and the Lexus RC-350 F Sport. Test drove both cars 3 times. The last time I test drove them, within 30 minutes of each other, it became crystal clear to me that the STi was *much* more fun to drive than the Lexus.

The RC-350 F sport, for lack of a better phrase, has zero soul. The 8 speed auto tranny is a sluggish slush box. For 306 hp the car felt slow and lifeless (again, the transmission didn't help). Very nice looking car, but even the handling wasn't that impressive compared to the STi.

I didn't test drive the RC-F because it was out of my price range. But if I were going to buy a Lexus, that would be the one that I'd have to consider, as I imagine it has plenty of soul with that V8 and 467 horses.

#1177 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

What RD got is an RC-F. That car has a V8 with 467 hp. Sweet car.

Wow, taking a closer look at all the specs and rotordave and I should race

Nearly identical performance specs......it would certainly be a "drivers" race.

#1178 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The last time I test drove them, within 30 minutes of each other, it became crystal clear to me that the STi was *much* more fun to drive than the Lexus.

With the greatest of respect (as always!) though, comparing those two cars is like comparing apples and oranges.

STI is a point and shoot rally car. You could pop a cage in it and do entry level rally events. It's 400 pounds lighter, turbo, 4wd ...

The Lexus 350 is a powerful touring car. If you were driving to Phoenix every week, that's what you'd buy. Not comparable performance wise to an STI or Evo, just totally different cars. The power might be he same, but it's a radically different type of power delivery.

If you wanted "fun" (as defined by boy-racer terms) then the STI would be the only choice.

Here's pinsides first ever PINgument! (The opposite of CARgument..) It's like comparing Ironman to Woz! Totally different categories of game.

I'd venture to say STI and RCF are totally different too. STI would be very hard to beat for bang for the buck, they have always been a performance bargain.

rd

#1179 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

The trim and finish of the Lexus line is great. But they are like Audi to me... sexy cars, but too $$$ for the total sum of the car. Skewed a lot by the IS F that came before...

I love the lines of the A5.. and S5 would be great. But ~60k+ for a SC'd V6 that is only avg power and weight for a sports sedan.. meh

The RC F is a 65-70+K car.. and nearly 500hp.. but has kind of below acceleration and speed for that much power (not helped by it's 4k+ weight). The M4 routinely comes out ahead of it.. if you can accept a BMW.

The cars just come out as performance saloons... rather than performance cars. For $75k if I want a hotrod.. there is a lot faster.

These cars are more GTs that are forced fed up.. and the luxury boosts the weight and prices a bit too much for me to view them as a great balance of the three points of quality/perf/price.

#1180 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

With the greatest of respect (as always!) though, comparing those two cars is like comparing apples and oranges.
STI is a point and shoot rally car. You could pop a cage in it and do entry level rally events. It's 400 pounds lighter, turbo, 4wd ...
The Lexus 350 is a powerful touring car. If you were driving to Phoenix every week, that's what you'd buy. Not comparable performance wise to an STI or Evo, just totally different cars. The power might be he same, but it's a radically different type of power delivery.
If you wanted "fun" (as defined by boy-racer terms) then the STI would be the only choice.
Here's pinsides first ever PINgument! (The opposite of CARgument..) It's like comparing Ironman to Woz! Totally different categories of game.
I'd venture to say STI and RCF are totally different too. STI would be very hard to beat for bang for the buck, they have always been a performance bargain.
rd

No reason to preface your opinion by saying "with the greatest of respect" RD, especially considering that you didn't really disagree with anything I said.

Even though I didn't come out and specifically say it, the sum of my post was exactly what you said: those two cars are indeed *very* different. They are both four door cars that are "sporty" though, so I would not go as far as saying that it is an "apples to oranges" comparison. Just like you *can* compare IM to WOZ because they are both pinball machines...which excel at different things.

The slushbox in the Lexus was worse than I expected, and in the end did more to kill any chance of me buying that car than anything. Combine that with the V6 that really felt like it had been detuned (probably to keep it more bulletproof), and the much lower price of the STi, the decision was easy. Still love the looks of the IS-350 F sport though. Fit and finish of the car is great. They really do need to ditch that ridiculous analog clock in the middle of the dash though. Totally out of place IMO. Yeah, it's retro, but not in a good way.

#1181 7 years ago

I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these for my next vehicle in a year or two. Went out with a few friends yesterday and had a blast.

Messages_Image(3888561431)_(resized).pngMessages_Image(3888561431)_(resized).png

#1182 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

No reason to preface your opinion by saying "with the greatest of respect" RD, especially considering that you didn't really disagree with anything I said

I'm always respectful anyway, so it was a bit redundant.

Quoted from RobT:

I'm seriously thinking of getting one of these for my next vehicle in a year or two. Went out with a few friends yesterday and had a blast.

That'll be handy on the Riverside freeway.

rd

#1183 7 years ago

Rob, remember, if you will do any off roading, never get a Sahara. The painted fenders get ruined every trip out. The black rubber/plastic ones on Sports & Rubicons are easily "repaired" with some Armor-All or black shoe polish.

San Bernardino & Riverside; what lovely places. I'll be in the area this week.

#1184 7 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

That'll be handy on the Riverside freeway.

Well, that's redundant too, because *nothing* comes in handy on the Riverside freeway!

Quoted from MrBally:

Rob, remember, if you will do any off roading, never get a Sahara. The painted fenders get ruined every trip out. The black rubber/plastic ones on Sports & Rubicons are easily "repaired" with some Armor-All or black shoe polish.
San Bernardino & Riverside; what lovely places. I'll be in the area this week.

I'm already doing my research!

There are some people who are of the opinion that you should go with the cheapest option (the sport) because most people upgrade the majority of components anyway. However, even if that is the case, there is still a very compelling case for the Rubicon because of all the other upgrades that it comes with over the sport, including things like the Dana 44 rear end.

There are a ton of great places to go wheeling out here. We found some great off road spots in Angeles Oaks, Forest Falls and towards Big Bear.

We didn't try this one though because one of the guys in the group was a newbie....but some day I'd love to take this trail:

#1185 7 years ago

Curious, it seems this thread is about high power cars, but what's the feeling about a low power fun car like the BRZ or Miata etc? I've had both a V8 M3 and a small S2000 and to me hands down the smaller car is more fun and engaging to drive. Not as fast or as comfortable but more fun. PS I drove a 911 turbo back when I owned a S2000 and found that the turbo was fun in a straight line but when it was on B roads it's limits were so high that it was not possible to push it near the limits without risking my life as well as my drivers lisense.

#1186 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Curious, it seems this thread is about high power cars, but what's the feeling about a low power fun car like the BRZ or Miata etc? I've had both a V8 M3 and a small S2000 and to me hands down the smaller car is more fun and engaging to drive. Not as fast or as comfortable but more fun. PS I drove a 911 turbo back when I owned a S2000 and found that the turbo was fun in a straight line but when it was on B roads it's limits were so high that it was not possible to push it near the limits without risking my life as well as my drivers lisense.

Some people like to blast in a straight line; others like to fly around corners. It gets very expensive to be able to do both. I like fast corners but I generally drive a lot of straight roads (mostly highway for me) and a lot of two way two lane roads.....so I like serious passing power. My new car is a boat but it's actually not horrible in the corners and laying on the power coming out of said corners is hella fun.

#1187 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Well, that's redundant too, because *nothing* comes in handy on the Riverside freeway!

I'm already doing my research!
There are some people who are of the opinion that you should go with the cheapest option (the sport) because most people upgrade the majority of components anyway. However, even if that is the case, there is still a very compelling case for the Rubicon because of all the other upgrades that it comes with over the sport, including things like the Dana 44 rear end.
There are a ton of great places to go wheeling out here. We found some great off road spots in Angeles Oaks, Forest Falls and towards Big Bear.
We didn't try this one though because one of the guys in the group was a newbie....but some day I'd love to take this trail:
» YouTube video

If you dont plan on going balls to the wall with upgrading, then go with the Rubicon. Its stock features with just a few essential aftermarket add-ons will suffice most. If you plan to do some serious wheeling and want to upgrade nearly everything under the body, you are better off starting with a sport.

As for painted fenders I say go for them if you like the look. You could always modify them to be easily removable like I did. I could remove or install all 4 in a couple of min.

photo_2_(resized).JPGphoto_2_(resized).JPG

photo_2_(12)_(resized).JPGphoto_2_(12)_(resized).JPG

#1188 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

If you dont plan on going balls to the wall with upgrading, then go with the Rubicon. Its stock features with just a few essential aftermarket add-ons will suffice most. If you plan to do some serious wheeling and want to upgrade nearly everything under the body, you are better off starting with a sport.
As for painted fenders I say go for them if you like the look. You could always modify them to be easily removable like I did. I could remove or install all 4 in a couple of min.

Nice Rubicon! I love that color. I really like those wheels too. What size are they? How much of a lift did you do?

That soft top looks great too. Haven't seen one like that.

#1189 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nice Rubicon! I love that color. I really like those wheels too. What size are they? How much of a lift did you do?
That soft top looks great too. Haven't seen one like that.

Thanks! The wheels are Rugged Ridge XHD's with the optional rock rings attached. They are 17x9 and I am running a 35" tire in those pics. I only run a 2.5" lift because with the fenders removed I still get more than enough flex for the wheeling I do (which is still more adventurous than most would do).

The soft top is an OffRoad Heros Multi top. It comes with 2 different rear sections. The cargo top (which is pictured) and a fastback top. http://www.californiatops.com/

#1190 7 years ago
Quoted from Nelly:

Thanks! The wheels are Rugged Ridge XHD's with the optional rock rings attached. They are 17x9 and I am running a 35" tire in those pics. I only run a 2.5" lift because with the fenders removed I still get more than enough flex for the wheeling I do (which is still more adventurous than most would do).
The soft top is an OffRoad Heros Multi top. It comes with 2 different rear sections. The cargo top (which is pictured) and a fastback top. http://www.californiatops.com/

Thanks for the info. My friend's Rubicon also has a 2.5 inch lift with 35" tires. He felt like the tires hit a couple times, so he's not sure if the 2.5" lift was quite enough. Not sure what/where they were hitting though. It was minor. I know you don't want to lift any more than absolutely necessary.

As I said before, I am probably more than a year away from being able to move to a Jeep, and this is probably a good thing anyway, as the rumors are that the next gen Wrangler (2018 MY) will have an 8 speed auto tranny. It also appears likely that they will offer a Diesel motor as an option.

Not sure how I feel about going with a Diesel. I know a lot of people are very excited about this option though.

Edit: forgot to add that the other rumor is that Jeep will offer a pick up version of the Wrangler for the first time as well.

#1191 7 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Quoted from Astropin:

Some people like to blast in a straight line; others like to fly around corners. It gets very expensive to be able to do both. I like fast corners but I generally drive a lot of straight roads (mostly highway for me) and a lot of two way two lane roads.....so I like serious passing power. My new car is a boat but it's actually not horrible in the corners and laying on the power coming out of said corners is hella fun.

I wouldn't call it a "low power" car, but it certainly was built to handle the road/track/twisties:

DSC_0047_(resized).JPGDSC_0047_(resized).JPG

#1192 7 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

I wouldn't call it a "low power" car, but it certainly was built to handle the road/track/twisties:

Nice! My son's favorite car!

So.....in a pic how do you tell the difference between the 350 and the 350R?

#1193 7 years ago

Love the car thread. Looking at RD's Lexus I harken back to the SC400, BMW 850, Supra, RX-7, Land Cruisers, ect. the were out when I was in high school/junior high. I still love all those. You look at a SC400 now and it is plain, but I still love the looks and feeling it gives now, that I had then.

Does anyone wish they can see cars from the point of view of today's 15 year old to know if new cars are really cool looking like he ones I remember? Not much moves my meter anymore. The Nissan Murano looks just like at Lexus RS and everything else seams to blend together. I except the hyper car holy trinity, GT350R, and Z06. Everything else looks generic even thought HP is up beyond belief. That is why when last year I bought a 100 Series Land Cruiser; I was so excited because it brought me back.

#1194 7 years ago
Quoted from RyanStl:

Not much moves my meter anymore.

150K miles with only routine maintenance moves my meter. Love my Hondas

#1195 7 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

Nice! My son's favorite car!
So.....in a pic how do you tell the difference between the 350 and the 350R?

I have a non-R. The R has red badging and the OTT stripes have red outer stripe as opposed to white one seen on my pic. Brembos are red instead of black. The big spoiler and the 7-spoke carbon-fiber rims are the dead give-away, though.

If you see them side-by-side, you might also notice the slightly lower stance and larger splitter on the R. There are a few other differences that cannot be seen in most pics (red-badged steering wheel, springs, resonator-less exhaust, and a few others).

DSC_0059_(resized).JPGDSC_0059_(resized).JPG

#1196 7 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

Did you have to pay over sticker? The dealer out here was asking $20k over sticker.

#1197 7 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Did you have to pay over sticker? The dealer out here was asking $20k over sticker.

I paid MSRP (sticker). The reason I didn't get an R is because dealers want $20-$50k over sticker. You really have to be patient or know somebody to drive a deal on an R.

Now, I expect a lot of folks to jump on here and accuse me of being an idiot for paying MSRP for a car (a Ford, no less!) but, believe it or not, MSRP is a good deal for a GT350.

You are free to call me an idiot for any of the other stupid sh*t I do, though!

#1198 7 years ago

That Mustang and maybe the new Corvette are two domestic cars that I could really consider and consider as an alternative to a M3 or 911 (maybe) good value IMO.

I was in a Dodge dealer and there was a Viper with a rope around it like it was the friken Mona Lisa or something and the sticker was $120K or more (can't recall) and I was thinking good luck selling that car at that price. This was 2 years ago, Dodge has since cut the price by $15K and I think it'd need to be lower still. Better yet put a Hellcat engine in it.

I had liked the Ford GT at the time but they were in such short supply they were selling for drastic mark ups. Probably worth it since they kept their value. I had a relative who was a big wig at Ford so I could maybe have got into one, but the price was just too darn high and I believe the next version will be half a million dollars.

#1199 7 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

The reason I didn't get an R is because dealers want $20-$50k over sticker

I can't believe anyone would pay over sticker price for anything. Ever. F that.
My RCF Carbon is 5 months old, only done 4000km, and I got it for 59% of new sticker price. Still has 3.5 years warranty and free servicing left.
I bargained a great deal. But it wasn't that deal, I wouldn't have bought it. Easy as that.
rd

Added over 8 years ago: Typo!! "But IF it wasn't that deal"

#1200 7 years ago
Quoted from Olddragon:

Now, I expect a lot of folks to jump on here and accuse me of being an idiot for paying MSRP for a car (a Ford, no less!) but, believe it or not, MSRP is a good deal for a GT350.

I do believe it based on my experience.

Every single time I show interest in a vehicle it turns out that they want a premium over sticker. Porsche GT4, Hellcat, Alfa Romeo C4, GT350 (not even to mention the R variant). Even my STi (special edition) was marked $5k over sticker by the dealer (I wound up paying a tad under sticker).

You watch, when the next gen Jeep Wranglers are announced, the dealers will be charging a premium on some of them, especially if the truck version comes out.

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 24 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hellcat-has-arrived/page/24 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.