FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2064-1 (resized).JPG
IMG_2076 (resized).JPG
IMG_2074 (resized).JPG
IMG_2069.JPG (resized).jpeg
300C_new 773 (resized).JPG
300C_new 801 (resized).JPG
300C_new 775 (resized).JPG
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 32.
#151 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Same 1/4 mile is boring to me. I'd rather do 5x 45-60 minute sessions than 5x 11 second passes. I can hit faster than 1/4 mile speeds down most stretches say at limerock, Watkins, or pocono. Much more fun albeit significantly more money.

You really should drive Road America.

#152 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

You really should drive Road America.

Haven't been . Only as far as mid-Ohio and a skip barber formula Mazda session at Laguna seca. (Live for the corkscrew).

#153 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

Same 1/4 mile is boring to me. I'd rather do 5x 45-60 minute sessions than 5x 11 second passes. I can hit faster than 1/4 mile speeds down most stretches say at limerock, Watkins, or pocono. Much more fun albeit significantly more money.

Yeah i would get bored also running 11 seconds in the 1/4. But running in the 8's in the 1/4 with a small block 358cu ford motor is much funner.

#154 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

Yeah i would get bored also running 11 seconds in the 1/4. But running in the 8's in the 1/4 with a small block 358cu ford motor is much funner.

Then there is a slight bend in the road and realize... O SH1T, my car can't turn!

#155 8 years ago

I see alot of people bragging about their cars, just curious, how many actually OWN the cars? Basically anyone can get a loan for any of these cars, but owning it is a different story.

#156 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I see alot of people bragging about their cars, just curious, how many actually OWN the cars? Basically anyone can get a loan for any of these cars, but owning it is a different story.

I own my 2001 tahoe and my 1998 mustang....

<confirmed baller>

#157 8 years ago

Mines in my avatar, and right now sitting in the garage.

#158 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

own all but the grocery getter. That's a lease. Wife hates it. I now have 3 in car seats (2 in carriers) so it's either going to be a minivan (blech but may be necessary) or something like a sequoia/Yukon Denali xlt. Need the length.

#159 8 years ago

Have you seen the Bisimoto Honda Odyssey? It has 300 more HP than the Hellcat. I dream about converting my wife's '14 Ody.

bisimoto_Ody.jpgbisimoto_Ody.jpg

#160 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinchroma:

I know they aren't legal and I said I got pulled over while parked because the car was so loud. Those numbers came from the mayor btw so it's no secret. Ticket blitzes galore in NYC. One of the many fun additions that came with deblowsio.

I wasn't questioning your numbers. I was pointing out how hypocritical it is to carry cards given to you and produce them looking for a courtesy and then turn around and talk smack about how many you have and how they save you from all the guys who pull you over "all the time" for nothing to meet a quota. It comes off as arrogant and I would bet if those officers saw your post, your big 6" would shrink some next year.

#161 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Now a days with banks offering 0 to 1.99% on vehicle loans... a smart man would keep his 100k in the bank.

Any good investor can easily make 4%+ with money. So not owning a car outright really doesn't mean much anymore.

#162 8 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I wasn't questioning your numbers. I was pointing out how hypocritical it is to carry cards given to you and produce them looking for a courtesy and then turn around and talk smack about how many you have and how they save you from all the guys who pull you over "all the time" for nothing to meet a quota. It comes off as arrogant and I would bet if those officers saw your post, your big 6" would shrink some next year.

Who was talking smack? You didn't read the whole thread did you lol.

#163 8 years ago

I did read it, actually. From my perspective, bragging about a 6" stack of pba cards is talking smack.

#164 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

Mine's paid for (not that an srt challenger is that expensive anyway)

#165 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I'm the original owner of my '70 Mustang, ordered it Dec. '69 and picked it up May 1st '70 for my last month of Senior High. Payed $2700 cash that I had saved from my paper route. It was my first car and I still have it. Not quite stock anymore. Mine is my avatar.

#166 8 years ago
Quoted from robotron:

sooo many rich people on pinside wow! just wow! me and my damn 2015 corolla.........

Ummm...and your 15 beautiful machines

#167 8 years ago

Made sure to do this for you tonight Kaneda. image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#168 8 years ago

Have any nudes?

#169 8 years ago

I guess I'll brag a little. I'm normally a humble guy but I thought I'd share some pictures of my Lamborghini:

This is when I let Kim Kardashian fill up my tank:

kim-kardashian-lamborghini.jpgkim-kardashian-lamborghini.jpg

I had the car painted and then I took Nicki Minaj around town. She was fun and flirty:

Nicki-Minaj-Lamborghini.jpgNicki-Minaj-Lamborghini.jpg

Finally, I had the car painted again and this guy named Bruce Wayne borrowed it to impress some ladies:

christian-bale-batman-245x250.jpgchristian-bale-batman-245x250.jpg

#170 8 years ago

I'm humble too... here's mine

Doostur.jpgDoostur.jpg

#171 8 years ago

Those are all scrap metal and plastic....now THIS is THE car to be seen in.

Mustang_at_BIR_1989.jpgMustang_at_BIR_1989.jpg

Mustang_at_BIR_19892.jpgMustang_at_BIR_19892.jpg

#172 8 years ago

Sweet car. Looks amazing. Just picked up the 15 Scat Pack Challenger 392 shaker. I just had to have the shaker. Only reason I did not get the hellcat. B 5 blue and bitchen!!!

20150903_175633.jpg20150903_175633.jpg

20150903_175327.jpg20150903_175327.jpg

20150903_175335.jpg20150903_175335.jpg

20150903_175249.jpg20150903_175249.jpg

20150901_180708.jpg20150901_180708.jpg

20150903_175209.jpg20150903_175209.jpg

#173 8 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Those are all scrap metal and plastic....now THIS is THE car to be seen in.

What a beauty. Why is it that muscle cars used to look fast but nowadays they just look bloated.

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

What a beauty. Why is it that muscle cars used to look fast but nowadays they just look bloated.

Safety features and such. Crumple zones take space.

#175 8 years ago
Quoted from michiganpinball:

I hear a Cuda is coming...seriously. When they roll out the new rear drive platform cars. If they make the new chassis Charger lighter (likely) I may have to spring for one. Cuda is rumored to come back with the new chassis so it will probably be lighter too. Then the one negative (weight) of the Hellcats would be fixed.

The weight can't be fixed easily, without reducing interior space, which happens to be a huge part of the appeal. It can actually carry 4 adults and a trunk full of luggage. Neither the Camaro nor mustang can do that. Plus it's an excellent road car. I'll sacrifice a couple hundred pounds and let the magazine racers sort it out. Btw 392 6 speed with decent milage on a recent road trip i made to Seattle .0901151847.jpg0901151847.jpg

Anyway, congrats to the OP, I'm looking at a 2016 GO mango as a possibility.

#176 8 years ago
Quoted from dsuperbee:

Safety features and such. Crumple zones take space.

Airbags and structural strengthening for side impacts etc also contribute to the "bloated" look but it's worth noting that car safety features have been incredibly effective -- automobile fatalities per mile driven are about one third of what the were in 1965.

#177 8 years ago
Quoted from Tilt:

I could have paid for her outright, but building credit at my age is more important. So I put half down and am financing the rest. I do agree that if you're driving a Hellcat and living paycheck to paycheck to afford it, probably not a good idea.

#178 8 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Made sure to do this for you tonight Kaneda. image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Thanks Jared. Sublime with Black Hood is AWESOME! Going to be the rarest Hellcat as they are not making that combo again.

#179 8 years ago

My sublime 73. Never mind the ws6 in the background thats the WIFES grocery getter.

P1020511.jpgP1020511.jpg

#180 8 years ago

I love that green with the black hood. Damn, these are sweet cars...makes me want one.

#181 8 years ago

My car was a POS Chevy Nova with a hamster engine. The first car I bought new was a 1988 VW Fox which had just 88hp. So the Hellcat has 8x as much power, or just one cylinder can make as much HP as my old car.

The most powerful car I ever drove was a McLaren SLR which like the Hellcat had a supercharged V8 but with a modest 617hp. Probably the SLR weighs a bit less. The SLR (I only drove it for 15 minutes, but it was insanely fast, almost OMG too fast for the streets). BTW the SLR cost $455K 10 years ago. It's truly remarkable that Dodge is able to offer this engine and this car for $70K. Truly remarkable. It's probably not my ideal car, but I can just imagine how much fun and how much attention you get driving that beast. Have fun, if Dodge is still making these cars in a few years I may get one, just have to pay for the kids college first.

here is a quote from C&D about the SLR:

Dig into the loud pedal any time out on the road, and you'll be gob-smacked by the sheer ferocity of the AMG engine's response. It might involve a downshift to do it, but a big dig at the throttle produces the kind of thrust that had everyone in our group shaking their heads in awe. Just check out our 30-to-50 and 50-to-70 times, which at 1.7 and 2.4 seconds are the best pair of top-gear acceleration times we've ever recorded for a production car.

In any situation other than a dry day on a straight road, a deep prod at the throttle will likely be answered by the activities of both engine and electronic watchdogs. The engine wants to give its all while the electronic systems are trying to save your life. Even then, we had a couple of occasions in traffic when a stab at the pedal produced a brief twitch of the tail.

That explains why Mercedes will not allow the ESP to be switched off completely. In fact, while we were pondering this strategy during a break at the test session, someone asked why one even needs 617 horsepower in a streetgoing car. The answer came from another writer: "To reach 207 mph."

SLR.jpgSLR.jpg

#182 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

My car was a POS Chevy Nova with a hamster engine.

This POS Chevy Nova???

Nova.jpgNova.jpg

#183 8 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

This POS Chevy Nova???
Nova.jpg

not that bad, mind did have a vinyl top.

#184 8 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Then there is a slight bend in the road and realize... O SH1T, my car can't turn!

Magazine racer I see! The Hellcat handles and stops just fine. 6 piston brembos ensure that.

#185 8 years ago

my toy , no rocket ship , but lots of looks prowler june 14th 2011 001 (2).jpgprowler june 14th 2011 001 (2).jpg

#186 8 years ago
Quoted from luch:

my toy , no rocket ship , but lots of looks prowler june 14th 2011 001 (2).jpg

Love prowlers! I will say they really missed the boat when there was no V8 or manual available.

#187 8 years ago
Quoted from RonaldRayGun:

Thanks, it's one of a kind on the street and at car shows. They look bloated I think cuz they are designing them to look to smooth.

#188 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Magazine racer I see! The Hellcat handles and stops just fine. 6 piston brembos ensure that.

I drove the hell cat for a few good laps around monticello speedway. Then I drove a Cadillac CTS-V Wagon right after. The wagon out handled the hell cat in every way. The hell cat seems like a bloated whale. Plenty of power and torque... but thats all that can be said.

My reply wasn't aimed at the hell cat... it was a reply to the "8's in the 1/4 with a small block 358cu ford motor".

If you're ever board and want to subscribe to my "Magazine racer" article. Feel free to search "Doostur" on youtube. You'll see my TT 1500 hp Gallardo, 1200 HP GT2, 1000 HP GTR, 1000 HP Supra, 650 HP ITR. And maybe more up you're ally power wise is my 170 HP Ducati 899.

#189 8 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Btw 392 6 speed with decent milage on a recent road trip i made to Seattle .

You bet that's decent, on the highway with 3.91 gears I was getting 14mpg on premium. With the 3.70 I hope to get 16. My Mustang is only a 302 btw.

#190 8 years ago
Quoted from luch:

my toy , no rocket ship , but lots of looks prowler june 14th 2011 001 (2).jpg

I'll bet it gets looks....especially with those 3 white things coming out of the visor.

#191 8 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

I drove the hell cat for a few good laps around monticello speedway. Then I drove a Cadillac CTS-V Wagon right after. The wagon out handled the hell cat in every way. The hell cat seems like a bloated whale. Plenty of power and torque... but thats all that can be said.
My reply wasn't aimed at the hell cat... it was a reply to the "8's in the 1/4 with a small block 358cu ford motor".
If you're ever board and want to subscribe to my "Magazine racer" article. Feel free to search "Doostur" on youtube. You'll see my TT 1500 hp Gallardo, 1200 HP GT2, 1000 HP GTR, 1000 HP Supra, 650 HP ITR. And maybe more up you're ally power wise is my 170 HP Ducati 899.

Impressive list, how many of those cars cost $70,000 and gave you 707 hp? The Challenger is a real world car that is more than fast enough for 98% of the people on the road.

#192 8 years ago
Quoted from Doostur:

Apples to oranges man and you know that. Muscle car vs car built to tackle the ring. Go drive both around the streets and see the difference. Hellcat always fun, the caddy is fun but gets zero attention, sounds shitty and just doesn't have the same visceral feel. But she sure does carve up a track. Hellcat and track go together like A sumo wrestler at a tuxedo fitting.

#193 8 years ago

All these cars are awesome!

#194 8 years ago

Dropper her off today to get her detailed. Went with this process called CQuartz Finest. It's a protectant that looks like glass and makes dirt, dust, bugs, water wash right off. You don't have to wax her at all. Getting rims and calipers protected too. Cost $1,200 to apply so expecting some great results.

#195 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Cost $1,200 to apply so expecting some great results.

A $1 plastic bucket, $3 Turtle Wash + wax, a $2 sponge and some water works well too.

Sorry man, what a waste of money.

rd

#196 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

A $1 plastic bucket, $3 Turtle Wash + wax, a $2 sponge and some water works well too.
Sorry man, what a waste of money.
rd

Please do some research before posting stuff like this. It's not a wax it's a full protection system for paint. Many many people swear by it and it's changed the detailing world. Will never get those results with regular washes and waxing. Also once you do this you never have to wax the car again.

#197 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Also once you do this you never have to wax the car again.

Umm - No.

#198 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Please do some research before posting stuff like this. It's not a wax it's a full protection system for paint. Many many people swear by it and it's changed the detailing world. Will never get those results with regular washes and waxing. Also once you do this you never have to wax the car again.

I have a nice bridge I can sell you. It spans the East River ... Right in your neighbourhood. You've probably seen it!

Send money now!

rd

#199 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

Please do some research before posting stuff like this

I did. I found the product "on sale" for $34.99

http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-paint-sealant.html

Says it lasts for 2 years. Appears to be one of those quality "as seen on TV" items.

So if you break down the $1200 you paid, that's a very reasonable $1165 profit for the guy that rubbed it onto your car.

Sorry bud.

rd

#200 8 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

I did. I found the product "on sale" for $34.99
http://www.autogeek.net/cquartz-paint-sealant.html
Says it lasts for 2 years. Appears to be one of those quality "as seen on TV" items.
So if you break down the $1200 you paid, that's a very reasonable $1165 profit for the guy that rubbed it onto your car.
Sorry bud.
rd

So everyone on the hellcat forum who's gotten it done and swears by it is wrong, but rotordave and his $35 bottle are right. What do you even drive? Read up on what you pay for before trolling.

http://www.hellcat.org/threads/sublime-green-challenger-hellcat-cquartz-finest-new-car-protection-tampa-fl.9495/

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hellcat-has-arrived/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.