FullSizeRender-1 (resized).jpg
IMG_2064-1 (resized).JPG
IMG_2076 (resized).JPG
IMG_2074 (resized).JPG
IMG_2069.JPG (resized).jpeg
300C_new 773 (resized).JPG
300C_new 801 (resized).JPG
300C_new 775 (resized).JPG
There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 32.
#1 8 years ago

I'm beyond exhausted. After 2 hours of sleep from working on a client project, I hopped a flight from Detroit to Pittsburgh to pick up my Hellcat. Had her hood wrapped and 20% tints. Only issue is one of the tints is coming undone on the drivers side. See, more than pinball comes with NIB issues. Easy fix though. It was a 7 hour drive from Waynesburg, PA to Manhattan. Spent most of the ride breaking her in...they recommend keeping her 55mph or below for the first 100 miles. That was impossible. By the 300 Mile point I had her WOT a couple of times. Let me just say she sounds and goes like a street legal nascar. But what impressed me most was how comfortable she is. After 2 hours in my Dad's vette I'm ready to die. But she rides like a Mercedes until all Hell breaks loose. Here are some photos. I'll take some more tomorrow. I need some sleep!

IMG_2652.jpgIMG_2652.jpg

IMG_2660.jpgIMG_2660.jpg

IMG_2658.jpgIMG_2658.jpg

IMG_2657.jpgIMG_2657.jpg

IMG_2653.jpgIMG_2653.jpg

IMG_2633.jpgIMG_2633.jpg

#2 8 years ago

wow. nice !. whats the standard exhaust system like on these?

#3 8 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

It's absolutely incredible. Sounds like thunder. Lots of crackle and pop.

#4 8 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

An absolute beast its growl becomes a part of you. The Hellcat was carved out of a solid block of awesome!

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

It's absolutely incredible. Sounds like thunder. Lots of crackle and pop.

yeah had a listen just before. sweet.

http://www.drivesrt.com/2015/challenger-srt-hellcat/

#6 8 years ago

Congrats on the new ride! Look fwd to a pic of the red key.

#7 8 years ago

Congrats. Nice whip. Use it well.

#8 8 years ago

WOOT now all you need is a Grumman F6F Hellcat to go with it.

#9 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

. After 2 hours in my Dad's vette I'm ready to die. But she rides like a Mercedes until all Hell breaks loose.

this is the part that is lost on alot of people. these cars and big and heavy but they are comfortable to ride in, even the back seat! congrats on your purchase!

#10 8 years ago

You just went up a notch on the respect ladder.

You're at notch #1.

Welcome to our Chally club. Rude attitude!!

#11 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

See, more than pinball comes with NIB issues.

careful, that's a mod you're having an issue with. Don't give the hellcat haters any ammo.

#12 8 years ago

That has got to be a blast to drive on the street with the HP it makes. If vehicles like these keep coming off the assembly line, i may have to get rid of my drag cars and buy one and slap some drag radials on it, yah hoo.

#13 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

i may have to get rid of my drag cars and buy one and slap some drag radials on it, yah hoo.

10.80 bone stock with the automatic and drag radials.

#14 8 years ago

Love the white exterior and red interior. Awesome ride! I want one just for the sound they make.

#15 8 years ago

so jealous

#16 8 years ago

Nice ride! After years of driving GM muscle cars I finally made the switch to Dodge last year, and gotta say I love mine. I've been toying with the idea of a Hellcat, but nothing turns heads like a Viper (sometimes not a good thing)

Viper.jpgViper.jpg

#17 8 years ago

Sweet!
Congrats man

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from kaneda:

After 2 hours in my Dad's vette I'm ready to die.

My vette rides like a tank, its one think I don't like about it.

#19 8 years ago

Was white the only color the Hellcats were available in ?

#20 8 years ago

Sweet car. Be sure to use the red key

What is the blue car? Is that the scat pack version?

#21 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Sweet car. Be sure to use the red key
What is the blue car? Is that the scat pack version?

It appears to be a 2015 scat pack 392 shaker

Quoted from ruszip2:

no. 11 colors available first model year.

#22 8 years ago

Congrats Kaneda! Awesome car.

The Hellcat I test drove was white. White looks even better in person. It shows off the lines of the car well.

#23 8 years ago

Badass!!

#24 8 years ago

Sweet car! I want and I'm not a MOPAR guy!

JJ

#25 8 years ago

I have a black, murdered out Hellcat on its way. Ordered it back in January. Hopefully it will be here soon, as the deal said it was shipped last week!

#26 8 years ago
Quoted from PiperPinball:

I have a black, murdered out Hellcat on its way. Ordered it back in January. Hopefully it will be here soon, as the deal said it was shipped last week!

Here's some pics of one. Black looks great even better in person. I love the momentum air intake! At first it looks like a light is missing right next to driver side headlight but no it's the intake great design. Big congrats to you and Kaneda!
image.jpgimage.jpg
image.jpgimage.jpg

#27 8 years ago

Nice, I'm glad to see American cars that are world class. I don't know that I'd buy a Hell Cat but it is a fantastic piece of work.

My problem with performance cars nowadays is that where I live the attention from law enforcement as well as the limited ability to actually drive spiritedly (due to law enforcement) is so intense that they're almost not worth the trouble for me. I sold my M3 and am unlikely to get another high performance car due to that.

#28 8 years ago

Car is a monster. Tons of them running around here in the Detroit area, some of them tuned to produce even more HP. They throw off a bunch of heat so they almost have their own atmosphere around them on a muggy night idling.

I was at a 7 Eleven the other day and there were four teenage boys in one. I was just waiting to hear the sirens later in the night. Turn off the nannies in one of these and you can get in trouble real quick.

Get'em while you can boys, because CAFE or insurance companies are going to do them in just like in 1971...

#29 8 years ago

Nice ride!!

What kind of gas mileage do you get with 700+ hp?

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Nice, I'm glad to see American cars that are world class. I don't know that I'd buy a Hell Cat but it is a fantastic piece of work.
My problem with performance cars nowadays is that where I live the attention from law enforcement as well as the limited ability to actually drive spiritedly (due to law enforcement) is so intense that they're almost not worth the trouble for me. I sold my M3 and am unlikely to get another high performance car due to that.

You're best bet is to have a performance car and live near a track... My problem is, I'm over 2 hours from a track :/

#31 8 years ago

Nice pick up. Getting a new car myself so I know how good it feels!

#32 8 years ago

Two people have mentioned a red key.
What's that about?

#33 8 years ago
Quoted from insaneinthedrain:

Two people have mentioned a red key.
What's that about?

Seems the Red Key gives all the horsepower whilst the black restricts to 500hp...I'm only looking that info up though.

#34 8 years ago

I am curious at what kind of warranty do you get on the motor & drivetrain?

#35 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Seems the Red Key gives all the horsepower whilst the black restricts to 500hp...I'm only looking that info up though.

BooHoo, only 500HP
Its a serious awesome car but I dont think I could justify spending that much on a car.
I wish they would bring back the 71 Cuda, that one would temp me really bad....as if the Challengers dont temp me enough.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from pinbum:

I am curious at what kind of warranty do you get on the motor & drivetrain?

5 year 100,000 mile warranty on the 2015's. That's amazing to have that kind of warranty on a 700+ HP motor with a blower on it.

For 2016, they reduced the warranty to 50k miles I believe.

#37 8 years ago
Quoted from Riptor:

BooHoo, only 500HP
Its a serious awesome car but I dont think I could justify spending that much on a car.
I wish they would bring back the 71 Cuda, that one would temp me really bad....as if the Challengers dont temp me enough.

I hear a Cuda is coming...seriously. When they roll out the new rear drive platform cars. If they make the new chassis Charger lighter (likely) I may have to spring for one. Cuda is rumored to come back with the new chassis so it will probably be lighter too. Then the one negative (weight) of the Hellcats would be fixed.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

5 year 100,000 mile warranty on the 2015's. That's amazing to have that kind of warranty on a 700+ HP motor with a blower on it.
For 2016, they reduced the warranty to 50k miles I believe.

I've also heard after next year they'll stop making Hellcats with this engine and will be downsizing a bit.

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

I've also heard after next year they'll stop making Hellcats with this engine and will be downsizing a bit.

Not consistent with anything I've heard. We have a great insider who posts on the Hellcat forum.

Quoted from michiganpinball:

I hear a Cuda is coming...seriously. When they roll out the new rear drive platform cars.

Yep, this rumor has merit. Just a matter of when it will happen. People are clamoring for the 'Cuda, and considering how well Challenger's have sold, it seems like a no brainer.

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep.just watched some videos on YouTube explaining the different keys.
700 hp might be a little overkill for Manhattan driving!

#41 8 years ago

Congrats! Love my 2015 srt 392, what a blast to drive.

#42 8 years ago

Welcome to the club.

You should drive 45 minutes south to The Grove in Shrewsbury. There is a Cars and Coffee every other Saturday from 8:00AM-10:00AM outside of the Starbucks.

#43 8 years ago

You bastards and your awesome cars.

I'm very jealous.

Congrats on the new car Kaneda! Enjoy it, but be safe.

#44 8 years ago

Here's how she sounds.

#45 8 years ago

Visited my brother today. He has a scat pack Charger. Neighbors didn't like the cat roaring into town too much

IMG_2664.jpgIMG_2664.jpg

IMG_2666.jpgIMG_2666.jpg

IMG_2668.jpgIMG_2668.jpg

#46 8 years ago

One of the things I was most nervous about was where to park her in NYC. For those of you guys with garages/driveways you are the envy of every car guy in NYC. To put how annoying it is here, when I parked my Subaru STi on my block in an attendant garage back in 2006, it was $500 a month. And they would park it inches from the next car and the thing had so many dents and dings from them. So when I was looking for a space I had a few requirements:

1. No valet. No way I was handing the car over for someone to park and go Ferris Buehler with it.

2. Spot couldn't cost $500-$600. I mean that's what my monthly car payment is (financed half to build credit).

3. Spot had secluded and not near other cars.

So I lucked out big time. There's lots of new developments in Williamsburg, BK (a 20 minute bike ride / subway ride from me). Many of these buildings offer parking spots to its residents AND to outside people. You basically pick YOUR SPOT and pay monthly. So I found this amazing spot that answered all of my needs. And the best part is it's only $200 a month. Here are some photos of her parked there. As you can see, no way anyone can harm her. I need to also get the spot next to her and put a little Focus RS there was my winter / all season car.

It's brutally hot here in NYC, hence my flip flops. And I hadn't really slept in 48 hours. Can't wait to enjoy here when I am refreshed.

IMG_2669.jpgIMG_2669.jpg

IMG_2672.jpgIMG_2672.jpg

IMG_2679.jpgIMG_2679.jpg

IMG_2677.jpgIMG_2677.jpg

IMG_2678.jpgIMG_2678.jpg

#47 8 years ago

Unique sound...I didn't expect it to sound like that. It's not Ferrari-ish but rather classic muscle. Congrats.

#48 8 years ago
Quoted from ruszip2:

No they come in a variety of colors. White, Black, Red, Silver, Blue, Green. I just love White/Gold combo with black and red inside. White also just looks the best at night and ironically enough, stays the cleanest.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Unique sound...I didn't expect it to sound like that. It's not Ferrari-ish but rather classic muscle. Congrats.

Yeah, it literally sounds like a Nascar for the road. Dodge really designed it to be pure muscle and I love that move. Too many manufacturers are in a pissing match for track times and are designing these track day beasts: z28 and GT350. But let's be honest, most of the time we are not carving up apexes, we're on highways. So I love the comfort and brute force this things delivers. Had here Wide Open Throttle a bunch today. Amazing fun.

#50 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Welcome to the club.
You should drive 45 minutes south to The Grove in Shrewsbury. There is a Cars and Coffee every other Saturday from 8:00AM-10:00AM outside of the Starbucks.

That's what I heard. Maybe I'll go there tomorrow morning. Is tomorrow one of the "every other"

There are 1,580 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 32.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-hellcat-has-arrived and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.