IMG_0036 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8378 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5768 (resized).jpeg
64191436-E924-430E-866F-05B04DB01394 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8355 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8351 (resized).jpeg
STR THG PST 1 (resized).jpg
schedule (resized).png
There are 1,356 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 28.
#801 6 months ago
IMG_8484 (resized).jpegIMG_8484 (resized).jpeg
#802 6 months ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

I’ve mainly played the premium on location but TK lock never worked and projector is so hard to see in the light at that location it didn’t seem to make a difference. I still really liked playing it though. I am leaning towards pro - but don’t want to regret it later!

For me, Premium or nothing. TK lock and jiggling Demo are okay, I like the artwork more. But for me, the big standout difference is the projection mapping. Sets it apart from any other game out there.

If the projection mapping isn't a big deal for someone, or they don't have a light controlled environment where they can experience it to its max effect, then Pro probably makes the most sense.

#803 6 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Premium ordered!!! F YEAH!!!

I think I am more excited for you then me after seeing all your posts hoping it would happen lol
Congrats.

#804 6 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Awesome. I'm in.[quoted image]

Congrats! I got mine from CT. $9495 plus free shipping and no credit card fees.

#805 6 months ago
Quoted from Enron64:

I think I am more excited for you then me after seeing all your posts hoping it would happen lol
Congrats.

Haha thanks!

#806 6 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

That's fantastic. I have a long-time relationship with this distributor, and they've gone above-and-beyond with a number of post-sale issues. I'm ok spending a few hundred more to keep that relationship.

#807 6 months ago
Quoted from Pin_Fandango:

It is a gen X game.

Ah that explains it.

#808 6 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Awesome. I'm in.

Pro UV kit?? The kits include a new apron because there are added UV LEDs that shine toward the flippers from the apron. The pro kit includes a plastic apron and the prem kit includes a metal apron with cutouts for the premium lighted plastics.

#809 6 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

That's fantastic. I have a long-time relationship with this distributor, and they've gone above-and-beyond with a number of post-sale issues. I'm ok spending a few hundred more to keep that relationship.

Agreed. Relationships are very important.

#810 6 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I have a long-time relationship with this distributor, and they've gone above-and-beyond with a number of post-sale issues.

Service is key!

#811 6 months ago

I just thought of another thing, do these have insider connected?

#812 6 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

Almost certainly.

#813 6 months ago

yes

#814 6 months ago

Be aware you can put a Premium UV kit in a Pro. Then just add lights for the apron. I used those little LED strips from Comet.

There's also some screws you need to buy from the local hardware store.

#815 6 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Almost certainly.

Nothing on the Stern site. They just moved the game back to current and kept all the same pictures. Pretty lazy!

#816 6 months ago

Will grab a used prem for 7k in a month.

#817 6 months ago
Quoted from DropGems:

That's what I said when they were first run...hope it works out for you better than it did me.

#818 6 months ago

Huge pain in the ass to put the UV kit in or no? I ordered one , just wondering.

#819 6 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

Huge pain in the ass to put the UV kit in or no? I ordered one , just wondering.

nah

#820 6 months ago
Quoted from Haymaker:

I'm an asshole, I don't feel bad for anyone that paid an insane price for this game in the past. It was a silly thing to do.

I don't think it has anything to do with being an A hole, people have to take responsibility for their own actions.

Live and Learn. What have we just learned? Prices are way too high to begin with. FOMO is dead.

And most importantly, IF the demand ever gets out of whack on a pin the future you can count on Stern coming back in and filling that demand.

The Pro's on location is a big deal for the Ops, as STH is a big earner.

#821 6 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Awesome. I'm in.

Not be a downer but you paid $200 above what most sell it for and credit card fees which again there are many places that don’t pass this on.

Edit : I see after I posted you prefer to pay $500 more .

#822 6 months ago

Nothing on the Stern site. They just moved the game back to current and kept all the same pictures. Pretty lazy!

Very lazy!!!

#823 6 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

Awesome. I'm in.[quoted image]

Damn....should've shopped around and saved $520.00

#824 6 months ago
Quoted from aztarac:

I just hope someone make some new alternate translites (Yes, I'm aware of the RetroRefurbs ones).

I made this up and can make you a set...just pm me.

Starting to think I might like it back and just ignore season 3 and 4 in my head!!! bit like mad max!

#825 6 months ago

The premium is already out of stock at Flip N Out.

#826 6 months ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

There will be plenty out there I bet.

#827 6 months ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Good luck, even premium Mandos don’t go that low

#828 6 months ago
Quoted from DudeRegular:

So is this November run the only run that they're going to be doing?

#829 6 months ago

How is it a vault if stern never said last call. And does not say it is a vault.

#830 6 months ago
Quoted from Jaytech10:

How is it a vault if stern never said last call. And does not say it is a vault.

It’s all semantics. It was out of production. Now it’s in production. Call it whatever you want.

#831 6 months ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Again, I own both machines. I'm not criticizing EHOH, I think both games are great. What I was criticizing was your assessment of the "boring fan layout" shots on Stranger Things, but have Elvira as a 10/10 pin. With both having 90-95% of the shots in the back 3/4 of the game. I find both games to have similar shots and feel. I just found it odd to criticize the shots/layout of one game, but have EHOH so highly rated. Now if you were to say the code was lacking or something along those lines I would have moved along, but it was the shots and layout you mentioned. I will say Stranger Things is a better home environment game imo. If the location does not have it dialed in right the game bricks.

another one of my gripes was the projector feature thats a huge deal, seemed really faded and the lane projectors just seemed really faint. IDK if they were out over time but man i feel if the projector breaks you basically have a pro. Which yes i know a mech on any game could break but a huge thing with ST is that projector and like i said if it goes out you have a pro. The one thing i really did like about was the uv light kit that was insane i will say that. But on the machine i played which is a LE that's at revenge of in LA that TK lock thing did not work well at all i would get my ball on it and then it would drop that really stunk.

But to me EHOH just shoots different and feels more exciting the haunted mech is incredible compared to shooting at the demi, the HH is just nuts to me the light show it provides the ramp the lock its one of the coolest mechs i've ever played with in pinball. Plus playfield wise it has way more going on in the middle the crypt with vuc is way lower then it seems and give you something close to shoot at. It's got the junk in the trunk on the left ramp which is a super cool shoot and it has a secret entrance to it which add the mech. It has 3 stand up targets on each side that give you something in the middle to shoot at. The 2 ramps in Elvira are more varied with position and size.

they are both 2 flipper 2 ramp layouts but it ends there. And the pro stranger things loses all of it's coolness when you take away the extra features it's even more borning. The only thing i liked was the uv light kit which is upgrade and the projector onto the middle ramp thing that comes down which was really dim.

#832 6 months ago

Pinsiders under a year on here should be limited to 20 letters per post lol

#833 6 months ago
Quoted from aztarac:

Damn....should've shopped around and saved $520.00

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Not be a downer but you paid $200 above what most sell it for and credit card fees which again there are many places that don’t pass this on.
Edit : I see after I posted you prefer to pay $500 more .

I am aware that I could have saved a few hundred going with another distributor. Maintaining my relationship with an outstanding distributor is well-worth the extra cost. I've bought 3 prior games from them. They've been absolutely stellar in dealing with post-sale warranty issues. And of course, $300 of this is credit card fees which I won't have to pay as I'll wire final payment once the game is recieved. I simply asked to put my deposit on a credit card (for obvious reasons) and its their standard policy to show a 3% fee on the invoice. Is it worth ~$200 to me to continue this relationship? Absolutely.

I'll also point out I'm not paying tax or shipping. While this isn't unique, most distributors I've dealt with add either or both of these fees. Another reason I like my distributor, its an easy process with a known and caring dealer.

#834 6 months ago

And I have to admit, I feel a bit of schadenfreude seeing this in the marketplace. I think we'll soon see how "firm" some of these prices really are.

Screenshot 2023-10-03 at 2.13.54?PM (resized).jpgScreenshot 2023-10-03 at 2.13.54?PM (resized).jpg

#835 6 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

I am aware that I could have saved a few hundred going with another distributor. Maintaining my relationship with an outstanding distributor is well-worth the extra cost. I've bought 3 prior games from them. They've been absolutely stellar in dealing with post-sale warranty issues. And of course, $300 of this is credit card fees which I won't have to pay as I'll wire final payment once the game is recieved. I simply asked to put my deposit on a credit card (for obvious reasons) and its their standard policy to show a 3% fee on the invoice. Is it worth ~$200 to me to continue this relationship? Absolutely.
I'll also point out I'm not paying tax or shipping. While this isn't unique, most distributors I've dealt with add either or both of these fees. Another reason I like my distributor, its an easy process with a known and caring dealer.

Fair enough - having that good relationship is key!

#836 6 months ago
Quoted from DiabloRush:

And I have to admit, I feel a bit of schadenfreude seeing this in the marketplace. I think we'll soon see how "firm" some of these prices really are.
[quoted image]

Those 14K premiums just lost a bit of value

#837 6 months ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

Good luck, even premium Mandos don’t go that low

I’ve been tracking man. Saw prem mandos and turtles in the 6’s and pro bonds in the 4’s at the lows. It’s coming!

#838 6 months ago

Are they really limiting production on this? I'm surprised I'm seeing out of stock now at some places..

#839 6 months ago

Quoted from DudeRegular:

Never know how many they are making!

#840 6 months ago
Quoted from DropGems:

I’ve been tracking man. Saw prem mandos and turtles in the 6’s and pro bonds in the 4’s at the lows. It’s coming!

I'll take them

#841 6 months ago
Quoted from insight75:

Are they really limiting production on this? I'm surprised I'm seeing out of stock now at some places..

Me too. I don't get why they would limit this to one run. That doesn't make sense to me but I'm newer to pinball. I think Stern is trying to create FOMO.

#842 6 months ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Look man IDC but both those games were like 7.5 NIB or less so they dropped 1k used. If you want a 9.5k game to drop 2.5k you might be waiting a while.

I saw a JJP POTC for 8.5k and as long as I don't add any context I am telling the truth.

#843 6 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

+tax?

#844 6 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Is that Pinballs.com (Mike Dadonna)? Thanks.

#845 6 months ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Is that Pinballs.com (Mike Dadonna)? Thanks.

No. Coin Taker. www.cointaker.com

#846 6 months ago

You had to pay all up front?

#847 6 months ago

You had to pay all up front?

I didnt buy one, was just giving usandthem the website

#848 6 months ago

Ahh. Makes sense, thanks--haha. For some reason, it always sticks with me that pinballs.com is out of Connecticut, so I thought maybe CT was associated with them. But Coin Taker, duh!! Long-ass day.

#849 6 months ago
Quoted from usandthem:

Ahh. Makes sense, thanks--haha. For some reason, it always sticks with me that pinballs.com is out of Connecticut, so I thought maybe CT was associated with them. But Coin Taker, duh!!

If you buy one let me know, because their site doesn't list a pre-order amount it just has it listed for the full amount.

#850 6 months ago

If you buy one let me know, because their site doesn't list a pre-order amount it just has it listed for the full amount.

For reference, pinballs.com does have them listed for $9499 as well. Zero mention of tax or shipping though. A lot of help, I know.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

Lighting - Led
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Anaheim, CA
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

There are 1,356 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 28.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-vault-is-it-coming/page/17 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.