IMG_0036 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8378 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5768 (resized).jpeg
64191436-E924-430E-866F-05B04DB01394 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8355 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8351 (resized).jpeg
STR THG PST 1 (resized).jpg
schedule (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#47 1 year ago

Had a pro. Enjoyed it. Played a few different LE's that were supposedly dialed in, particularly as far as the Eleven magnet is concerned. None of them worked with any consistency at all. Rejection, drain, rejection, drain. Very frustrating. Great concept; questionable execution.

#71 1 year ago
Quoted from nicoy3k:

would consider it if they added content from new seasons and made some core changes to demagog and upside down modes and how they integrate with code. It’s a good game but not a great game right now… IMO

This would be awesome. It seems like there would need to be a re-working of the playfield in order to integrate the new seasons. But this would be a huge affront to LE owners, so Stern probably wouldn't do that.

1 week later
#86 1 year ago

One thing about Stern is that they never do what I THINK they SHOULD be doing. Tron VE? Nope. Stop trying with the home editions? Nope. Making the greatest game ever with your Beatles license? Hardly. Goes to show what I know! And this is just to name a few things over the years. So, based on the fact that I think re-releasing Stranger Things Premium would be a killer move, forget about it.

5 months later
#129 1 year ago

50:49-- "We could do a better job with the TK lock. We struggled to get consistent performance from the TK lock." So, why was it sent into production knowing that that mechanic didn't work well?

#136 1 year ago
Quoted from aaron6920:

I listened to the interview and George did seem pretty convincing that another run of Premiums was on the table....... That is interesting

Gomez usually keeps his cards pretty close to his chest, so I was quite surprised to hear this in the interview. It was also quite revealing when he was talking about people complaining about his layouts. He seems pretty offended by it all.

#150 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

I don't think this is the case at all....... Stern doesn't just want to build anything too complex without a huge payoff.
EHOH is testing the waters for a $10.5 catalog game. Once it sells out (already is), they will be open to the next old title gouge with STH.
They'll be happy to sell STH again at $12K (I'll explain).
When they re-up the license, they'll get rights to three additional seasons. Perfect time to sell their 1st ever DLC.
STH 1.5 prem for $12K, with the lights already in it, new cab art, all 5 seasons, new plastics, and new translight/backglass with a fancy name (STH super special final limited Disney-Boy edition).
They can even do a whole new LE/SLE run since it would be STH 1.5 - that alone pays for any licensing, etc.
New shooter rod, new armor kit for sale, rerun the topper for the accessories.
Old games can buy the "kit" (a few new plastics, the three season DLC software expansion and new translight) for $3000
You're already seeing it with Lyman CCr...... buy a "kit" which is mostly software with a token amount of physical elements.
Whole new world...... of PROFIT!!!!
Why build a whole new game when you can sell a retrofit kit for almost half the cost of a pro game, with a tenth of the hassle and expense?
STH 1.5 could be the most profitable game in Stern's history, and ride the hype train with season 5's release in 2024.
Of course Gomez says they're thinking about it......
The old game becomes undesirable unless you upgrade, a TON of STH fans get a pinball...... NEW BLOOD.... and Stern avoids building something old.
Everybody wins..... except those who bought the original game. Gary's been throwing fingers at them since the beginning. You're used to it.

Upvoting you because it's the fantasy that I have as well. And I'm sticking with it until I hear or see evidence of a definitive "No." And Levi's "no" doesn't cut it, even though he is probably right in this case.

#183 1 year ago

Stopped in Atlanta on the drive down to Universal Florida late last summer. Did a Stranger Things location tour with the family. We saw the Wheeler house, Dustin's house, Lucas's house, Steve's house, Hawkins Lab, Bradley's Big Buy, Hawkins Pool, Downtown Hawkins, Hawkins Middle School (Hawkins High School). I highly recommend doing this if you're a fan of the show. My kids and I liked it almost as much as going to Universal. Seriously, it was a lot of fun finding these locations. There are plenty of websites telling you exactly where they are. The Wheeler house is on an open cul-de-sac, so you can see exactly why they picked that house. Plenty of room for all of the filming equipment. Didn't go onto the property of course, because it's a private home, but walked right up to the curb. Dustin and and Caleb's houses are literally up the street. No movie magic required to make them look close. They really are close. Bradley's was really cool as it's a real, functional mom and pop grocery store. You can stand right where 11 was when she stole the Eggos and when she got treatment from the gang in Season 3 when her leg was gashed open. It pretty much looks exactly the same as on the show. The store itself is an 80's throwback. The school was awesome too. My son and I stood on the bars in front of the gym so we could look inside to see the Tiger mural on the wall. Looking inside was neat too because you could see the lunch room, which was very prominent in Season 4. Many of the rest of the halls where shooting took place still have the green and orange striped walls.

Anyway, that got me to watch some scenes over again just to see some of the locations that we visited and there's just so much good stuff in Seasons 3-4 that deserve to be in a pinball machine. Stern should seriously consider revisiting this game with inclusions from those seasons.

6 months later
#338 9 months ago

Rereleasing this game would certainly help get pinball out of the doldrums.

1 month later
#407 8 months ago
Quoted from Grantman:

They will make more premiums (and possibly different LEs) because they like money. The margins on Pros are small by comparison.
Also:
-Stranger Things is a current series (Season 5 coming...eventually)
-It is the most-watched series on Netflix (which has 238 million subscribers)
-used games are selling for thousands more than current MSRP
-they are a top played game on location
-by the time they completed the code and it was a good game, it was out of production (which is why it sold poorly)
-STh is a Spike 2 game (current hardware), not something that needs to be ported/reworked like earlier games
Stranger Things is an ideal title to run again.

Dream scenario would be for them to wait until all 5 seasons have been released and make a game that represents the whole series. Now that JP30 has happened, I wouldn't be surprised to see a limited edition final edition/final run at LE prices.

#428 7 months ago

It's all a matter of taste, I guess because I liked Season 3 the best. Although I will admit that it was a bit weird when Billy saved Eleven in the end for no reason and way out of character.

#444 7 months ago
Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

no, the LE did not come with the topper/shooter/UV kit

It did come with a TK lock that didn't work worth a shit though.

#462 7 months ago
Quoted from ExSquid:

I just want to crank up that sick Theme song and bash the shit out of that DUNE worm behind the projector. Anything else is gravy.

Haha. I'd like a blend of the premium/LE and Pro. Give me a working TK lock and a shaking demogorgon, but keep the projector. Just give me the Hawkins lab decal on the drawbridge door (pro) instead of the hazy, drive-in theater (premium/le). Needs premium speakers too. Pro speakers couldn't handle the low end of the theme song.

1 month later
#494 6 months ago

Will it be just south of 10K or will it be 13K (JP Anniversary style)?

#518 6 months ago
Quoted from tgarrett09:

It would be nice if they integrated it into the game more other than the upside down mode

I like it as it is because it's short-lived and special when it comes on, changes the whole tone of the game momentarily, from dark to darker- haha.

#553 6 months ago
Quoted from Neal_W:

Can't imagine they would make new playfield art or update the corresponding modes. Maybe updated cabinet art?
500 Hellfire Club Editions with Eddie Munson perhaps? Surfer Boy Pizza Editions with yellow delivery van cabinet?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

New art reflecting the later seasons would be a "cheap" way of integrating the entirety of the series (minus the upcoming season, of course). But it would be a little weird having Seasons 3 and 4 on the cabinet and backglass, but only seasons 1 and 2 reflected in game play.

#572 6 months ago
Quoted from nicoga3000:

Yeah, I'm not going to pretend that Stranger Things is some marvel of a game...But it's fun to shoot and has a theme that resonates with a TON of people. That's why I want it.

It would be a marvel of a game if everything on it worked for real like it worked on paper. TK lock….neat concept, works for shit. Projector images… fuzzy. Demogorgon… rejects perfect shots. This game excels in theme execution and overall mood above all else.

#583 6 months ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

You have to be committed to putting in the work. Could be fairly simple, or could literally take forever to get right.

I remember when you were on the forefront of it. There is no way that any pin owner should have to "put the work" to make their brand new pinball machine work as it should. Perhaps a little tweaking, a tightening of a loose screw, etc. But it shouldn't be anything that goes on for hours or days.

#613 6 months ago

Someone in the ST forum said that these were on sale through Stern last night. Maybe someone knows exactly what model was being sold.

#732 6 months ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Welcome to the wall of wrong! Special shout out to SonofADiddly who will soon be making a donation to Project Pinball, and to Soundkillr who was so convinced of his own uninformed opinion that he regularly mocked people who thought it was possible. I salute you!

I’m amused.

Also, the OP should add “Yes, it did!” to the name of the thread.

#844 6 months ago
Quoted from thekaiser82:

Congrats! I got mine from CT. $9495 plus free shipping and no credit card fees.

Is that Pinballs.com (Mike Dadonna)? Thanks.

#848 6 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

No. Coin Taker. www.cointaker.com

Ahh. Makes sense, thanks--haha. For some reason, it always sticks with me that pinballs.com is out of Connecticut, so I thought maybe CT was associated with them. But Coin Taker, duh!! Long-ass day.

#850 6 months ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

If you buy one let me know, because their site doesn't list a pre-order amount it just has it listed for the full amount.

For reference, pinballs.com does have them listed for $9499 as well. Zero mention of tax or shipping though. A lot of help, I know.

#867 6 months ago
Quoted from Medic:

Has anyone confirmed if the tklock will be fixed in this run?

That does seem to be a key piece for me. But what do I know? They seem to be flying off the shelves either way. But the game absolutely sucks when that thing doesn't work. Yes, it makes that much difference.

#943 6 months ago

I wonder why they’re not ready to ship. It’s just a vault. JP30 shipped within days, didn’t it? Is this game expected to ship within at least a month?

#997 6 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Pinball machine companies have NEVER done this and it would be a stupid thing to do.
If Pinside ran stern they would be out of business in a month.
Why are you not demanding that Williams send out new updated clock board parts to all TZ owners? That particular mech was defective and broke within weeks.
Pinball reparations now!!! All past injustices must be corrected, and all who have been affected must be compensated!!!!
No justice, no peace!!

I thought you said that you try not to be petty. You seem really stuck on this.

#1003 6 months ago

Question about "free shipping". I've seen some dealers talk about free shipping to the nearest terminal. Are there any distributors that offer "free shipping" to your door, or does that not exist? Thanks. I'm still trying to decide who I am going to buy this game from.

#1051 6 months ago
Quoted from Thor_Odinson:

I bought the UV kit and the shooter just in case they go out of stock, but I'm going to wait until a 2024 run to pre-order the game because I need to sell some stuff first. If they don't run the premiums again, oh well, I'll just sell the UV kit and shooter and buy BTTF or Indiana Jones when that comes out.

Is it true that the Premium and Pro kits are essentially the same except the Premium comes with a metal apron and that if you have a pro you get the Premium LED kit and put the metal apron in your game?

#1098 6 months ago

Debating whether to pull the trigger now or just wait until the game comes out and see if the supposed TK fix really did the trick or not. Is anyone else concerned as to whether or not the fix does the trick? The game really is not enjoyable and unplayable when all it does is reject the ball back down the ramp.

#1101 6 months ago
Quoted from Purdue:

You can turn it off in settings. And then its keeps locks virtually like a pro with the post. Hopefully they fix it though.

I didn't realize that. Thank you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 30.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 8.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

Playfield - Decals
PinEffects

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider usandthem.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-vault-is-it-coming?tu=usandthem and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.