IMG_0036 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8378 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5768 (resized).jpeg
64191436-E924-430E-866F-05B04DB01394 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8355 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8351 (resized).jpeg
STR THG PST 1 (resized).jpg
schedule (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#25 1 year ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Or, you know, fix the LE feature issues.

lol, yep. I've wanted a Premium since launch, but was waiting and figured they would address the early issues in later runs. Didn't realize there weren't really going to be any later runs.

8 months later
#273 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Yes ,GG rose to his position at Stern by making false statements on the record that could possibly hurt new release sales. Ok ,I guess I’ll go back to hunting for one under 13k

Quoted from CashMoney:

So Gomez lied to us…

Nobody lied or made false statements. George has stated twice on podcasts that they would *like* to re-run it again and will *maybe* do it. The certainty that it will be run again are assumptions made by people on the interwebz.

Quoted from P1nhead:

Good Morning U.S. Stern Dealers,

There have been rumors circulating on the internet that we are running Stranger Things again. This is not true.

We understand there is high demand, and we’ve worked on obtaining the license again for quite some time. However, we currently do not have the license and if that changes, we’ll let you know if it gets put in the schedule for next year."

Rumor quashed.

To me this reads: "We want to re-run it, possibly next year, but still don't have the license".

I don't buy the "they will never remake it again because I am an armchair licensing and manufacturing expert" opinion, and don't buy the "it is coming this year" opinion. I am firmly in the "there is a chance it will get run next year" camp. Maybe only a small chance, but I'll take the small chance of getting a NIB over paying 14-15k USD for the game.

And yes, there is the "but Stern will charge 15k USD for the vault if they do it anyway" opinion, which could happen, in which case my money will remain safe in my wallet.

Will never want any game bad enough to pay the crazy prices these go for now.

#274 1 year ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

I agree... But also get so tired of the straw hat argument about values VS recreation. I was offered 15k cash for my premium a week ago from a friend. Mine isn't for sale... And I don't care about values. The unfortunate truth is.... You gotta pay to play. If they make them again one day great. Otherwise... I don't care. Just repeating what I've been told multiple times.

I dunno, you've posted multiple times how you don't care, which seems to indicate you do care

4 months later
#354 8 months ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Are you seriously suggesting people open their goodie bags?

Are you mad?!

You think you can open the goodie bag without devaluing your game? THINK AGAIN!

2 months later
#717 6 months ago

Welcome to the wall of wrong! Special shout out to SonofADiddly who will soon be making a donation to Project Pinball, and to Soundkillr who was so convinced of his own uninformed opinion that he regularly mocked people who thought it was possible. I salute you!

Quoted from SonOfaDiddly:

it's too big of a license for anything one off or casual. no way they'd get the same terms again. game is lightning in a bottle

the license would be much more expensive now than when the show was still a relative unknown. they'd have to re-source all the parts. they'd have to retrain the staff and retool the production line. they'd have to bump the ten themes that are already in the queue.

i just don't see it happening

Quoted from Vino:

The same sentiments were expressed by fans of a Tron vault for years. Deja vu
Stern has more than enough demand with current production and backlog.

lol u guys are crazy

they are not going to vault this game

I'm so positive that they will not vault this game that if they do within the next five years I'll make a $100 donation to Project Pinball and post the receipt

Quoted from Soundkillr:

Love the optimism, but won't happen. And we have been through this before... Even if it did, with price increase taxes and shipping an 11k premium won't happen. I hope no one really cashed out on their game with bets a cheaper vault would come out.

this is insane to me, selling your LE because of two throwaway lines on podcasts? y'all are nuts lol

YOU JUST DONT WANT YOUR LE DEVALUED- no, i possess basic business logic

Quoted from chuckwurt:

I haven’t seen a single person complain. Only those that understand the slim to no chance of it happening, and those that don’t.

Quoted from Soundkillr:

Again, nice try with the narrative. I have always maintained it won't happen, but don't care if it does. A new Stern after taxes and shipping at current price increases will easily cost you what average premiums are going for now. But troll on... I'll enjoy my game that I definitely own now, and won't speculate if it will be there when I get home. Lol

Quoted from Soundkillr:

But.. But.... What about the angry owners worried about values!!??? Lol.
Fwiw... I'll state it again, I was also told the same thing followed by... It ain't happening. Especially any time soon.

Quoted from Soundkillr:

LOL... Nope, but I do get tired of hearing the same bs about current owners worried about values. I don't know where it came from, but get tired of hearing the retort, as several of us simply post... It probably won't happen. I didnt just make that up... Nor did anyone else. I reached out, researched it, and decided it probably wouldn't happen and simply wasn't worth the wait.

Quoted from Soundkillr:

LOL... The email may be a year old (which I can't confirm) ... But it was sent out by Stern a few months ago. But I applaud your cheerleading.

Quoted from Tallon:

I understand everyone is excited and I hope everyone gets a new shiny game that they want. The reality of the situation is your looking at 18 months from the time they can confirm they have the license before you might see a game.

oh, and for the nay sayers who are going to say I have no clue what I'm talking about, Look up 76J Mos and ask yourself what it takes to stock a hospital!

that means nothing, it's just footage from an Eddy release with Eddy talking about what he likes in a game. mando doesn't have toys or flow so they didn't show that, they showed STh instead
no way they make more. reacquire a license that has probably doubled in cost now that the show is a hit, and retool the production line for a game that didn't sell well when they made it? why? they can't even keep up with their backlog
besides, the chipset for the projector doesn't exist any more

Quoted from Soundkillr:

Agreed... And I'm really tired of the entire "premium owners are worried about their value" crap. I'm of the belief they won't make more because everyone at Stern said they won't. And if they do... Let's face it... A premium at today's prices will be 15k anyway.. So why would I care? They made tons of Adam's family no value loss there. Same with a big Lebowski remake. You won't see a drop in the value of that game either.

Quoted from Soundkillr:

I've talked with several vendors. Several. All said the same thing. I talked with reps at Stern. All said it's done. It's retired. I'm not off on the current prices either... Most of the newer premiums in a few years time will be 14-15 once all is said and done. They will be increasing prices yearly unless supply chains and manufacturing changes. No premium will be 9800...it wouldn't happen.

no I don't think they will run it again

Quoted from allsportdvd:

They won’t run this game again unless it’s pro only, too expensive for them to produce in my opinion as they’d need extra projectors and the pain for them to adjust the TK lock

I would be happy be proven wrong about another run of ST. It's a great game

exactly what everyone that knows better has been saying for years now

Quoted from Soundkillr:

Sigh.... Very unlikely. But I anxiously await those who will say that premium and le owners are just mad... Worried about values... And that is why they say no. I also anxiously await those who claim to have sold because they are scared of a projector failing, that has a very very small failure rate, and bitching about a tk lock. Funny... I have no issues with my game. I don't care about value, and I certainly am not worried about a damn projector. This discussion has been brought up a million times... Argued about even more. I say it's not going to happen. Same statement most seem to have. Start planning to buy used. And one more time for the record... Anyone buying a (new) premium or le with increasing prices... After tax and shipping, will be paying the 14k plus that used games are going for anyway.

Quoted from Soundkillr:

... Meh... Won't happen. Either way the original will still be the original. A re run is just that. Not original. I honestly don't think it will happen... And even if it does... I believe it will be a pro model re release. So... No love lost.

Quoted from Soundkillr:

That's true... And I heard if you play the audio backwards... It's happening before the end of the year.

Quoted from Soundkillr:

But hey...it's gotta be remade...because the guy who built the game said in an interview that he would like to see more made....of course he would. The production run was cut short.
That said...I'm going to go and play my game again today...and not wait years for a re release that's going to cost him north of 13k (assuming it has all the bells and whistles) plus shipping (if) it comes out anyway. Lol.

#721 6 months ago

Can't even take a little ribbing? You said it, you were wrong, own up with a smile and a laugh. It is just pinball dude.

#725 6 months ago
Quoted from Soundkillr:

It's gloating and unnecessary...and you had no joke about it when posted. It's clown behavior.

Gloating, yes. Unnecessary, depends on your point of view. I did joke about some of the stuff when you posted but it just amped you up, so I stopped. Why discuss something with someone who is so convinced they are right? Waste of time. As for clown behavior, I find that ironic given the content of most of your posts on the subject. That being said, I'm sorry that reposting exactly what you have said in the past hurt your feelings, obviously you are pretty fragile, feel free to put me on ignore,

#775 6 months ago

im going to make the donation but jesus christ, you are a lame dork, lol

you had nothing better to do with your time than this? wow

Kettle, meet pot. I think anyone who spends any time posting on a pinball forum probably qualifies as a lame dork with time to waste. Good on you for following through with the donation though, stand up response.

Quoted from yancy:

My man keeps receipts. If you stay petty, you don't have to get petty.

Yes, I can be petty sometimes. Character flaw, but it can also be kinda satisfying.

#781 6 months ago

you must be a ton of fun to play pinball with, guy

I am! My games are always really short, so people get more play time. I am giving that way.

#802 6 months ago
Quoted from Bluthgg:

I’ve mainly played the premium on location but TK lock never worked and projector is so hard to see in the light at that location it didn’t seem to make a difference. I still really liked playing it though. I am leaning towards pro - but don’t want to regret it later!

For me, Premium or nothing. TK lock and jiggling Demo are okay, I like the artwork more. But for me, the big standout difference is the projection mapping. Sets it apart from any other game out there.

If the projection mapping isn't a big deal for someone, or they don't have a light controlled environment where they can experience it to its max effect, then Pro probably makes the most sense.

#812 6 months ago
Quoted from Only_Pinball:

I just thought of another thing, do these have insider connected?

Almost certainly.

#817 6 months ago
Quoted from DropGems:

Will grab a used prem for 7k in a month.

That's what I said when they were first run...hope it works out for you better than it did me.

#1025 6 months ago

The owners thread has lots of info on both topics.

4 weeks later
#1294 5 months ago
Quoted from Buckman:

So if a distributor has say 100 people on a verbal waitlist that's been ongoing for a while, and then a few weeks ago the distributor puts up the deposit thing for Stranger Things on their site for the upcoming run and you get your deposit in right away and are the first one that paid - who does the distributor allocate the machines to first? Is it the 100 people that said they wanted one or is it to the person that paid the deposit?

You'd have to ask the distributor, probably varies. My guess is that people who have already been on the list will get their games first as long as they make the deposit with in a reasonable timeframe. I doubt any distrib would hold 100 spots for very long without a deposit, and at the same time they don't want to make waitlists completely meaningless.

#1300 5 months ago
Quoted from LeMansFan:

I know I paid my deposit the first day it was announced, so I would hope to be at the top of the list of games going out.

That's the assumption, but you never know. If I were a distrib and I had 10 guys on a list I'd contact them, see if they were still interested and give them a deadline to get their deposits in before slotting other people in before them regardless on timing of deposits. I think I was on a list for over a year and I got a deposit in on first day so I hope I am covered either way, lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Plastics
Gameroom Mods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 38.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 135.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

9,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Walnutport, PA
Machine - For Sale
Covington, LA
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 27.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

8,995 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 10.00
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

Lighting - Backbox
Myth Pinball Parts Shop

$ 189.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 74.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 9,695.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider paul_8788.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stranger-things-vault-is-it-coming?tu=paul_8788 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.