im-pro-detail-04-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
smallIM-Pro-Playfield-01a (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-03-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-08-1522125304409_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-13-1522127918010_grande (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #844 Iron Maiden Pin Song Listing Posted by TKDalumni (6 years ago)

Post #853 Playfield pictures - Pro Version Posted by Coolpinballdino (6 years ago)

Post #884 Link to Hi-res Feature Matrix PDF Posted by Dr-Willy (6 years ago)

Post #928 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by flynnibus (6 years ago)

Post #1077 Link to about minute of gameplay from the livestream. Posted by PinMonk (6 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#851 6 years ago

Looks great. I've played Archer, and you can definitely see it in here. Having loved Archer, I think this should be a winner. I hate the music/theme (it's the pinnacle of angsty teenager cheese), but that's not a deal breaker.

#867 6 years ago

The ramp through the pops shot is more intimidating than actually difficult. I was able to hit it reliably on Archer.

#935 6 years ago

Is the $5700 street price real on the pro? That's not the minimum, is it? Anybody get pricing from a distributor yet?

Quoted from Sinestro:

Don't bother. Trying to argue with anti-SPIKE Pinsiders is like trying to get Pinball back to 1979 prices.

SPIKE legit sucks, but it's not going away, so you either accept it and move on or you don't buy. I really disliked my time with a SPIKE game, for what it's worth.

#939 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Remember when everyone said Stern pissed on their grave with no TPF?
And then squatted down to crap on what was left with the failed reveal that was never a reveal?
This is why. Because you/me don't actually care, and Stern knows it

It's still a bad look. Everybody but Stern supported pinball's biggest show of the year. I know they didn't want to split the coverage, but there's a lot to be said for supporting events put on by the community.

#944 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

There's a very big chance they COULD NOT reveal anything at TPF.
People need to get over this stuff. You have no idea what a nightmare it can be dealing with licensors in 2018. They need to sign off on everything, every time.

That's Stern's problem. Licenses are their choice. They choose to deal with them. The fact remains that they were the only manufacturer that had nothing to show. That's the bottom line of it all.

#957 6 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Here we had Stern getting placement with ROLLING STONE to do their reveal. I think they felt that exposure was worth it...

So...go to your core audience that buys your machines or go to a publication where the vast majority of the readership will look at it and say, "oh, neat" before moving on. Satisfy your base first. It's just like Microsoft digging in with ESPN and other networks to announce the Xbox One. They lost the hardcore base by positioning it as a mainstream/entertainment product rather than a gaming product.

The game looks great. The method of reveal is a little odd. I know they've had IGN running their reveals for a while, and that's ok. It's not ideal, but it works. Going to Rolling Stone won't improve sales or harm them, but it's just a sign of misplaced priorities.

#960 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Seems like putting out a kickass game is the right priority. I think your priorities are a little misplaced if you are still harping on TPF.

Harping. Ok, dude. You get so crazy sensitive about every slight at Stern these days. Look, we get it. You have buddies there. Drop your hackles, nobody wants to harm them. I've mentioned no new Stern stuff at TPF a single time and you have a mild heart attack. I'll remember not to bring up their Expo absence when they favor a reveal in GQ two weeks later. I'd hate to see their self-appointed white knight suffer any further trauma.

Quoted from CrazyLevi:

ALL LICENSES. It's your problem that you don't understand the reality of how this business works and took it as a personal insult that there was no Maiden reveal in Texas.

I do understand how it works, probably far better than you do. I've worked with licensed content a lot over the past decade. And no, I didn't take it as an insult. Keep rolling out the strawmen, it's about the only thing you do well around here when you get grumpy.

#968 6 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Since Stern slaughtered it with this reveal there's gonna be a lot of White Knighting going on in their defense. Haters should probably take a couple days off.

Haters. You're something else.

------------

Jack has the stream tonight. I wonder if we'll see Elwin absolutely demolish his own game as well. It would be nice to get a peek at the premium, even if just a quick glance, but I imagine that will follow the standard reveal timeline. We should see the pro played tonight, hear a bit about premium/LE, see the premium/LE photos in a few weeks, and then get a premium/LE stream soon after that.

#971 6 years ago

They were smart to go colorful with the art package. It retains the Iron Maiden look, but it shies away from being too dark or violent. I think that really matters. ZY is a got dang master. It's crazy that he's so good at this being so new to the scene.

#974 6 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead:

What are the chances this will be available (at least to view) by Allentown?

Pretty high. The game usually makes the rounds within a couple of weeks after the main gameplay reveal. The pros are already on the manufacturing line, and I imagine they'll be shipping in early April. LEs will be on the line in April too, so the game will be getting out there really soon.

#988 6 years ago
Quoted from Fezmid:

For those of us who didn't follow the Archer build, where would I find information about what this means?

The more accurately you hit the shot, the better. Close to center scores better than the outside edge.

#1009 6 years ago
Quoted from Leo13:

Good luck finding an LE bro !

500 is quite a few. Maybe Europe will suck them up being a region that actually likes Iron Maiden's music, but 500 is quite a lot. They probably won't disappear overnight. If they do, well, that's a pretty dang good indicator that Keith Elwin has designed something special.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Machine - For Sale
New Cumberland, PA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 94.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 80.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 16.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Wanted
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jar155.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden?tu=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.