im-pro-detail-04-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
smallIM-Pro-Playfield-01a (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-03-1522125304403_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-08-1522125304409_grande (resized).jpg
im-pro-detail-13-1522127918010_grande (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #844 Iron Maiden Pin Song Listing Posted by TKDalumni (5 years ago)

Post #853 Playfield pictures - Pro Version Posted by Coolpinballdino (5 years ago)

Post #884 Link to Hi-res Feature Matrix PDF Posted by Dr-Willy (5 years ago)

Post #928 Feature Matrix of Pro vs Premium vs LE Posted by flynnibus (5 years ago)

Post #1077 Link to about minute of gameplay from the livestream. Posted by PinMonk (5 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 23.
#1 6 years ago

Just saw this come across my FB feed.

IMG_1533 (resized).JPGIMG_1533 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

That's just a hombrew pin project (Rolling Stones conversion). What's the connection to Stern?

#3 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

What's the connection to Stern?

Well, the original Rolling Stones WAS a Stern. So sort of related.
(More likely winslow is referencing the constant rumors that Iron Maiden is actually coming as a Stern game.)

#4 6 years ago

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from PinBalt:

That's just a hombrew pin project

I did this "homebrew" design for my screen saver over a year ago, just wishing & hoping Stern would finally pull the trigger & announce it! Hopefully, just a matter of time.

904-ironMaiden-pinball (resized).jpg904-ironMaiden-pinball (resized).jpg

#7 6 years ago

All the purple GI is a dead giveaway that it is Markmon's retheme.

2 months later
#8 6 years ago

Iron Maiden has been my favorite band for over 30 years. But, I beg, please don't let it be Stern. I would love Jersey Jack to be the one to make the machine. I just feel JJ puts more effort and thought into their games. Stern, anymore, just seems to regurgitate the same machines with new artwork. No real innovation in their machines. I would hate to see a great themed machine wasted on the Stern business model of crank out a new machine quick just to get it out there before someone else gets the rights to do it.

#9 6 years ago
Quoted from cmndr-brain:

Iron Maiden has been my favorite band for over 30 years. But, I beg, please don't let it be Stern. I would love Jersey Jack to be the one to make the machine. I just feel JJ puts more effort and thought into their games. Stern, anymore, just seems to regurgitate the same machines with new artwork. No real innovation in their machines. I would hate to see a great themed machine wasted on the Stern business model of crank out a new machine quick just to get it out there before someone else gets the rights to do it.

Not only to mention but also something to stress - we expect great sound and music in our Iron Maiden pin. As good as Rob Zombie, The Hobbit or Alien (gold standard for best sound category)!

#10 6 years ago

Think this pin and s still getting made?

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

Think this pin and s still getting made?

Not a chance ..
Been to the factory recently and the answer is no .. not a big enough demographic im told for sales return ....

#12 6 years ago

Gary has been checking with the european market what rock bands are popular. He was given the answer metallica, acdc, kiss and iron maiden amongst others.

High chance judging by what bands currently have been getting a pin

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Not a chance ..
Been to the factory recently and the answer is no .. not a big enough demographic im told for sales return ....

Good. Sell the license to Jersey Jack.

#14 6 years ago
Quoted from cmndr-brain:

Good. Sell the license to Jersey Jack.

Hmmm difficult personal decision. I would love jjp doing IM as long as it is not woz or hobbit layout/feel and i believe they would make it a beautiful game with respect to the band, theme and music, but i dont want that insane price tag that comes along with jjp games... i have just as much fun with stern games.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Not a chance ..

Well, many others say Stern having been working on this title for over a year....

#16 6 years ago

sorry, can't see a iron maiden pin ever being made, unless its by a smaller company like spooky. we'll see a led zeppelin or a pink Floyd or some other band with many "hits" long before we'll see this band. they just don't have the iconic status.

#17 6 years ago

I am pretty sure stern is working on this.. only issue being if it was JT doing this. But stern screws up most marketing opportunities, so why start being political correct now and ditch the whole game because of JT, instead of removing his name from it?

#18 6 years ago

How purple.

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

sorry, can't see a iron maiden pin ever being made, unless its by a smaller company like spooky. we'll see a led zeppelin or a pink Floyd or some other band with many "hits" long before we'll see this band. they just don't have the iconic status.

They're really big in South 'Merica, so let's get that out before you here it 1000 times
Seesm totally niche to me, as no one I know has ever listened to IM. Of course 99% of pinsiders do so there is that.

Quoted from Edenecho:

so why start being political correct now and ditch the whole game because of JT, instead of removing his name from it?

Best possible outcome...I'd rather have another Borg copy/paste job than a JT layout GB, Mustang, WWE...no thanks.

#19 6 years ago

Well yeah sure, id take a borg rehash as long as it is im, instead of never being made. But i personally really dig trudeaus bold designs. Some hit n miss, but at least he dares to try out new stuff, an ability lacking among many designers. Too bad he is most probably f****d in his head....:/

#20 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

But i personally really dig trudeaus bold designs.

I appreciate them for sure; trying something diff'rent I completely agree with. I just haven't liked any in decades.

#21 6 years ago

At least in europe(and south america according to several of their tour documentaries) iron maiden are huge. So its hard to imagine it wont sell... also compared to metallica and acdc, im has a lot more of the visual trademarks when it comes to eddie and the artwork. Hnnnnng. Get it made!

#22 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Well, many others say Stern having been working on this title for over a year....

So have you been to the factory or is that hearsay?

20170504_112439 (resized).jpg20170504_112439 (resized).jpg

#23 6 years ago
Quoted from Edenecho:

At least in europe(and south america according to several of their tour documentaries) (edited) are huge. So its hard to imagine it wont sell... also compared to metallica and acdc, im has a lot more of the visual trademarks when it comes to eddie and the artwork. Hnnnnng. Get it made!

Yep

20170504_105049 (resized).jpg20170504_105049 (resized).jpg
20170504_105936 (resized).jpg20170504_105936 (resized).jpg
20170504_111316 (resized).jpg20170504_111316 (resized).jpg
20170504_112247 (resized).jpg20170504_112247 (resized).jpg

#24 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

So have you been to the factory or is that hearsay?

It's a really really strong rumor from people who know these things

But, not sure what influence the JT situation has had on it so things might have changed.

#25 6 years ago

I hope it is, I need to save money!

#26 6 years ago

So am i the only one who clicked on this topic hoping to see something about the 1982 Stern Iron Maiden?

(I assume there is already some owners/enthusiasts thread for that title elsewhere on pinside. - Yes, the next thing i did was this, thanks: https://pinside.com/pinball/archive/iron-maiden/forum)

#27 6 years ago
Quoted from adania:

So am i the only one who clicked on this topic hoping to see something about the 1982 Stern Iron Maiden?

Anything other than the band will do

#28 6 years ago

Last time I checked, changing the original quote calls for moderation! Bon jovi, f**k off.
ForceFlow

#29 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Not a chance ..

How much would you like to bet it gets made?

#30 6 years ago

While IM has some great album art and yes there is a fan base...it’s still VERY niche in musical taste. So yeah the return is not there for Stern....just like Slayer and any number of bands. Would be an excellent pin for a boutique company such as Spooky looking to sell a few hundred to a thousand pins of a given title. Stern looks to sell thousands of every title.......

#31 6 years ago

If they Made it
code would never get finished

#32 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

While IM has some great album art and yes there is a fan base...it’s still VERY niche in musical taste. So yeah the return is not there for Stern....just like Slayer and any number of bands. Would be an excellent pin for a boutique company such as Spooky looking to sell a few hundred to a thousand pins of a given title. Stern looks to sell thousands of every title.......

While both Slayer and Iron maiden are bad ass bands, Slayer could only dream of having the same amount of success as IM. Iron Maiden LEs would possibly sell out faster than METLE

#33 6 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

While both Slayer and Iron maiden are bad ass bands, Slayer could only dream of having the same amount of success as IM. Iron Maiden LEs would possibly sell out faster than METLE

Agreed. Iron Maiden has a huge following. Their last tour grossed over $91 million and had 93+% sold out shows.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Book_of_Souls_World_Tour#Box_office_score_data

The only thing that drags these numbers down were a couple of shows in southern US. Country music areas like Oklahoma City. Other than those, most of the shows are sold out.

#34 6 years ago
Quoted from Pickle:

You sound foolish as you know nothing about Stern or Maiden. Tell me about WWE again???

#35 6 years ago

Iron Maiden and Alice Cooper themes make good themes, but I'd really enjoy spending time on an Ozzie/Black Sabbath pin. Any chance Stern might morph Iron Maiden into an Iron Maiden vs Black Sabbath metal battle? Maybe allow fans to pick eighteen songs from each group, to get the best, not the cheapest songs.

#36 6 years ago

I played Markmon’s Iron Maiden shortly after he finished it. Very fun game. Very different feel to it than the original rolling stones. Very impressive work IMHO!

#37 6 years ago

I know about three or more people who will buy iron maiden pinball. But they will just buy.

It might not seem like much desire, but I know three you probably know three and so on and so on.

They are in a class thier own. Iron maiden needs to be as good or better than Metallica. In my opinion.

Also, I would make multiple iron maiden pins, like one for the first five albums, or so.

Powerslave pinball.

I would buy it if it was epic. As it should be...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#38 6 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Not a chance ..

Fancy a bet?

#39 6 years ago

Anyone know if Iron Maiden is next game or the one after that?

This game has the potential to be epic

Just hope Stern up their game for this title.

#41 6 years ago

Charlotte LE model

#42 6 years ago

You don't think Iron Maiden is coming??

#43 6 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

You don't think Iron Maiden is coming??

I'll say the same thing that I have for the last 5 years

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-kiss-pinball-2013/page/5#post-357291

#44 6 years ago

Oh, it's coming. But not next. They are pretty much running out of classic rock bands that anybody still cares about. So this one for sure.

#45 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

They are pretty much running out of classic rock bands that anybody still cares about. So this one for sure.

I think they're already out aren't they? I mean no one cares aboot Aerosmith anymore

#46 6 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think they're already out aren't they?

When they get to Styx and Journey, half the Stern Army will be turning in their badges.

#47 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When they get to Styx and Journey, half the Stern Army will be turning in their badges.

Uff STYX. Hey at least Journey had a good videa game

#48 6 years ago

After Maiden, it will probably be Judas Priest's turn as they work their way down the classic metal ladder.

#49 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After Maiden, it will probably be Judas Priest's turn as they work their way down the classic metal ladder.

Just the thought of it.....redeeeeeemeeerrr!
Argh..... that would be amazing

Priest songs would be perfect fit for pinball modes

#50 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hey at least I know some of their songs. How will that sit with the huge homophob population here?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Trade
$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz
Decals
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards
Pinball Machine
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Twisted Tokens
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Flipper Parts
Pin Monk
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 69.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 100.00
Playfield - Other
JuanSolo's modshop
Other
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
$ 22.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Space Coast Pinball
Sound/Speakers
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods
Shooter rods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,122 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 23.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-iron-maiden and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.