(Topic ID: 154448)

Stern Ghostbusters Official Announcement!

By WaddleJrJr

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 174 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What version are you buying?”

• Pro 26 votes
    6%
  • Premium 121 votes
    29%
  • LE 92 votes
    22%
  • Interested in the game but will wait until after playing it 129 votes
    31%
  • Not interested 53 votes
    13%

(421 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GB_(resized).jpg
martin_shkreli_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
magicgirlBG-799x600_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
1673ace0e3aae9cf1542de694c3e38a4955d8567_(resized).jpg
946dff41732fb244da8b1d53e47007407eed6682_(resized).jpg
ghost_(resized).jpg
s-l1607_(resized).jpg
s-l1606_(resized).jpg
s-l1605_(resized).jpg
s-l1604_(resized).jpg
s-l1604_(resized).jpg
s-l1603_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.
#201 8 years ago

I agree, everything looks awesome except the characters in the back glass.

#202 8 years ago

Characters in the backglass look great!

#203 8 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

I agree, everything looks awesome except the characters in the back glass.

Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

Characters in the backglass look great!

...and that's the beauty of it all....

#204 8 years ago

I'm not a big fan of the characters on the backglass either, but it's easy to overlook both because of how fantastic everything else looks. It's not "needs a new translite" bad like GOT (Thanks Riot!).

#205 8 years ago

Hopefully Aurich will do an alt backglass and the game will be perfect.

#207 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hopefully Aurach will do a new backglass and the game will be perfect.

Yep, it's the only thing I don't love about the machine.

#208 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Yep, it's the only thing I don't love about the machine.

Make your own art and I'll make the backglass...

#209 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Hopefully Aurach will do a new backglass and the game will be perfect.

Weird, I've already been sending Zombie Yeti questions if he will make an Aliens backglass.

#210 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Weird, I've already been sending Zombie Yeti questions if he will make a Aliens backglass.

Great material!

#211 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

Make your own art and I'll make the backglass...

Thanks, but I have no talent for something like that.

I only know what I like and don't like when I see it.

#213 8 years ago

Well that's a disappointing link

For anyone who missed it later on, here's a recap:

pasted_image_(resized).pngpasted_image_(resized).png

#214 8 years ago

You can have your money back...

#215 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Well that's a disappointing link
For anyone who missed it later on, here's a recap:

pasted_image_(resized).png

The real recap is it's a video showing off the audio of the machine.

Damn I'm worried that tune is gonna get old real quick

#216 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The real recap is it's a video showing off the audio of the machine.
Damn I'm worried that tune is gonna get old real quick

Ever played the Ghostbusters on Pinball Arcade that has the theme on a like a 1 minute long loop? It can't possibly be worse than that.

#217 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

Ever played the Ghostbusters on Pinball Arcade that has the theme on a like a 1 minute long loop? It can't possibly be worse than that.

Ha nope never have...ouch that does sound bad though.

#218 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Ha nope never have...ouch that does sound bad though.

I saw the live stream, well if you call 2-3 minutes a live stream, lol. Thankfully they don't appear to be using the theme with vocals for the games main track. I thought I heard some other type of music as well, maybe for a mode, that sounded very good. I didn't hear the vocals until after the game was over which seems like a good time to hear it.

I also heard some cool audio effects, a few lines from Dan Aykroyds character (pulled from film) and a custom Ernie Hudson line or two.

For adding players they really need to have the "yoooo" , "Rayyyy", "Egonnnnn" lines play with each button press.

#219 8 years ago
Quoted from centerflank:

Metal washers under the slings? I'm out.

Metal Washers For Life (MWFL) bitches!

#220 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Perfect after ColorDMD gets another $400.

Another vote for the artwork/cabinet/playfield and vote against smash faced Bill Murray et al.

#221 8 years ago

I guess it's time to pop my pinball virginity. Never bought a new pinball game before but this will be the first, ordered a premium. Have to have it, just way too much nostalgia to resist and it looks awesome. Now the waiting game begins.

#222 8 years ago

They all look great, I'm surprised the pro isn't getting talked about much, it looks fantastic ,the same way Metallica pro does ..not a game changer of difference by the looks of things.

#223 8 years ago

Got myself a LE. A few are left but price has increased but hell, what's 300$ on a purchase that large.

#224 8 years ago

FYI... I called around today and there are several LEs still available

#225 8 years ago

I think the backglass is amazing.
We could have been stuck with the traditional big actor faces photos.

#226 8 years ago
Quoted from DefaultGen:

#227 8 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'd say pinball is back people.

Yeah, because GOT and Kiss SUCKED!! <end sarcasm>.

#228 8 years ago
Quoted from jathomp22:

The feature matrix for the pro says it's a "Bi-directional ramp." I would interpret that as it goes up the right ramp over and down the left ramp. Like WWE.

That would be awful. It would basically be likens ramp reject.

#229 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

He's been pretty quite about the artwork on Ghostbusters, which is unusual for a new release.

#230 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Well kiss isn't saving pinball that's for sure...

#231 8 years ago
Quoted from extraballingtmc:

Quite frankly, GOT ain't doing it either. Aesthetics matter to me.

Can't wait for my GB LE.

#232 8 years ago

So it looks like the lighting is exactly the same on the Pro as it is on the Premium and LE. That is as important to me as any feature. The extra features on the LE / Premium don't appear to be that significant. And the GB playfield looks amazing for a Pro model. Gameplay will be the same......

I was leaning towards a premium but the more I think about it the more I think the Pro is a better value

Pro Playfield:

http://www.pinballnews.com/games/ghostbusters/4a.jpg

#233 8 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Quite frankly, GOT ain't doing it either. Aesthetics matter to me.
Can't wait for my GB LE.

GoT is a great game right out of the gates. For diaper rubbers, the LE looks pretty good.

Quoted from beefzap:

So it looks like the lighting is exactly the same on the Pro as it is on the Premium and LE. That is as important to me as any feature. The extra features on the LE / Premium don't appear to be that significant.

I'm in for a pro, but I usually would be anyway as I don't usually like the prem/LE lighting.
What worries me is the lack of that ramp on the pro...I don't like that at all.
And this bi-sexual ramp thing could turn out to be a disaster.

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

So it looks like the lighting is exactly the same on the Pro as it is on the Premium and LE. That is as important to me as any feature.

Good catch. The matrix for the game notes such for "lighting". I've really enjoyed the upgraded lighting on newer Stern prem/le machines. If GB has the same on the pro that is a big plus.

#235 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

He's been pretty quite about the artwork on Ghostbusters, which is unusual for a new release.

I heard that he did not like the lettering on the inserts, but liked the artwork otherwise.

#236 8 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

I've really enjoyed the upgraded lighting on newer Stern prem/le machines. If GB has the same on the pro that is a big plus.

Well it depends how you look at it...really it's more the prem/LE have the same as the pro. Usually the upgraded is like 60+ color range LEDs and more of them, this seems to be the 7 color range/ only 7 inserts.

EDIT: ER sorry...the color sprectrum is no diff'rent just the amount of them. GOT Prem/Le had 63 inserts and this has only 7

#237 8 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

Are you Joking? Did you miss the whole "Kaneda did a 15 minute Podcast about Aurich's comments?"

Aurich did 2 facebook posts. Pretty Simple. He said game looks sweet but wishes is was not red dots display. Does not like the thin comic book font on inserts but "loves" the artwork surrounding them on the playfield.

So overall he loves ZY's artwork but anything negative got blown up and compared to Alien and went stupid unnecessary trash fest. Usual BS.

#238 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Quoted from extraballingtmc:

I'd bet a kidney that Kiss outsold GOT. Just because there are "code problems" at the moment doesn't mean it didn't sell well!

#239 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Just because there are "code problems" at the moment doesn't mean it didn't sell well!

Very true point.

#240 8 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

So it looks like the lighting is exactly the same on the Pro as it is on the Premium and LE. That is as important to me as any feature. The extra features on the LE / Premium don't appear to be that significant. And the GB playfield looks amazing for a Pro model. Gameplay will be the same......
I was leaning towards a premium but the more I think about it the more I think the Pro is a better value
Pro Playfield:
http://www.pinballnews.com/games/ghostbusters/4a.jpg

I don't know I think the magnetic slings could be a huge difference. Might not be good or could be fantastic. I will have to wait and see the difference in gameplay with that. I also think the Ecto Goggles, subway ball lock and crossover ramp might make some big gameplay differences.

#241 8 years ago
Quoted from Khabbi:

Kiss, GOT, TWD, AMH, The Hobbit, all went into my comment that pinball is back!! I was just too lazy to type them all but you're right.

#242 8 years ago

Think this will be a big hit for coin takers too.

Hope i will be able to find one in the wild.

#243 8 years ago

OK it's been 36 hours and the impression has worn off. Where's the freaking game play video!!!!

#244 8 years ago
Quoted from Pinballlew:

I don't know I think the magnetic slings could be a huge difference. Might not be good or could be fantastic. I will have to wait and see the difference in gameplay with that. I also think the Ecto Goggles could be an huge game changer. subway ball lock and crossover ramp. Seems to me there are some big gameplay differences.

Ecto goggles w/ LCD screen/hologram, way better ramp setup, magnetic slings, more interactive and better Slimer toy, better 3D molded buildings, subway ball lock, etc make it totally worth the reasonable increase in price to have the full & complete game.

That's like buying the a BluRay of Ghostbusters the movie with missing scenes of the movie for $10, versus $14 for the full uncut version. Sure, you save a few bucks, but you will always think.. should have spent the $ when you could to get the entire experience. Just my opinion, but I do understand the financial side of things of course.

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Sure, you save a few bucks, but you will always think.. should have spent the $ when you could to get the entire experience. Just my opinion, but I do understand the financial side of things of course.

Meh...always 2 sides to this one. I don't have kids, so a tiny "halogram" doesn't excite me at all. Plastic buildings and all that stuff is cool but not worth me paying monies for...and same with physical ball locks...Met Pro was great.
Any word on what the magnetic slings really means?

EDIT: A lot fo this comes down to perhaps one of these being a "keeper." If I was going to keep GOT forever, the upper PF might be great, but if I'm just going to sell it then it's not as big of a deal.

#246 8 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Meh...always 2 sides to this one. I don't have kids, so a tiny "halogram" doesn't excite me at all. Plastic buildings and all that stuff is cool but not worth me paying monies for...and same with physical ball locks...Met Pro was great.
Any word on what the magnetic slings really means?
EDIT: A lot fo this comes down to perhaps one of these being a "keeper." If I was going to keep GOT forever, the upper PF might be great, but if I'm just going to sell it then it's not as big of a deal.

To be honest, the real reason I am considering the premium is because of the hologram. If they pull it off and it looks sweet and not a dud, that would honestly be one of the coolest "novelty" toys in pinball... at least that's my opinion.

#247 8 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

that would honestly be one of the coolest "novelty" toys in pinball... at least that's my opinion.

Fair enough. I hope you've headed down to Springfield to do the Lincoln museum...they got some frikkin ghosts/halograms in that joint that blew my mind. For real.

#248 8 years ago
Quoted from MiamiRedSkin:

To be honest, the real reason I am considering the premium is because of the hologram. If they pull it off and it looks sweet and not a dud, that would honestly be one of the coolest "novelty" toys in pinball... at least that's my opinion.

I just hope the hologram is not like the ST laser!

#249 8 years ago

should have:
"We got one" (first job for GB via phone) for ball lock call out
"Ghostbusters what do you want" for start/credit
And just about everything Bill Murry says could be used somewhere.

So many great one liners in this movie if used correctly could have some of the best call outs ever!

#250 8 years ago

I love the idea of the ramp going under the playfield (mostly because I thought of it 3 years ago (https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/where-is-the-innovation-long-and-rambling-rant/page/3#post-528563)

Stern really did an awesome job on this!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alpharetta, GA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-ghostbusters-official-announcement/page/5?hl=ball_shine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.