(Topic ID: 154448)

Stern Ghostbusters Official Announcement!

By WaddleJrJr

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 174 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What version are you buying?”

• Pro 26 votes
    6%
  • Premium 121 votes
    29%
  • LE 92 votes
    22%
  • Interested in the game but will wait until after playing it 129 votes
    31%
  • Not interested 53 votes
    13%

(421 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GB_(resized).jpg
martin_shkreli_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
magicgirlBG-799x600_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
1673ace0e3aae9cf1542de694c3e38a4955d8567_(resized).jpg
946dff41732fb244da8b1d53e47007407eed6682_(resized).jpg
ghost_(resized).jpg
s-l1607_(resized).jpg
s-l1606_(resized).jpg
s-l1605_(resized).jpg
s-l1604_(resized).jpg
s-l1604_(resized).jpg
s-l1603_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LE 500 machines produced with.... real back glass not translite,....

I wouldn't expect real backglass, whatever that means (has been debated here for a while). TWD machines used the same language in the same Stern literature, yet many complained the LE didn't have real backglass. Even so, the TWDLE translite looked great to me.

#234 8 years ago
Quoted from beefzap:

So it looks like the lighting is exactly the same on the Pro as it is on the Premium and LE. That is as important to me as any feature.

Good catch. The matrix for the game notes such for "lighting". I've really enjoyed the upgraded lighting on newer Stern prem/le machines. If GB has the same on the pro that is a big plus.

#295 8 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

For me it's just when the different version are so different that they basically are not the same game anymore Id be fine if they were a different theme or tittle all together . I think different price range is great also and I'm glad that stern can offer that but calling one version LE or premium and another pro just doesn't make sense to me when game play is so different . For example Game of thrones , gameplay is fairly different between the versions yet all versions are game of thrones pinball , Why not make Game of thrones pinball Le and premium version "THE" game of thrones pinball and sell for around $7,000 and make the pro version dragon quest , muppets , whatever anything really with a different theme all together with less features and a lower price tag say around $5,000 . It's not the price that annoys me it's the fact that they are at some point selling completely different games under the same tittle . I don't think anyone would call Eclipse a pro version of black hole , but that is essentially what stern is doing with these games today and at least eclipse got it's own artwork . So again for me it's not about price, make a game put a price on it and I'll decide weather I want to buy it or not , and I think its great that that stern can offer different pricing options. Its just for me the fact that they are selling games that may have completely different gameplay and just calling them different versions of the same game (when to me at some point they are no longer the same game at all even though they have the same basic layout,artwork and sound .) At some point the versions of a game become different games and I think stern has crossed that point a few too many times .

Variety and choice is awesome, and to offer it under the same title is even better and more interesting imo. It's a win win. The more options the better. I find the best stern titles have the most variety in game play, such as Met, ACDC, TWD, GOT. ST on the other hand has zero interest to me, with only cosmetic upgrades. Let me pick the game, gameplay and price. To complain about being offered choice within a title strikes me as close-minded and short-sighted. Kinda like saying if I have to choose a game play option, everyone else should have to play the same game as well.

#298 8 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because the alternative is 'one size fits all' - yet the market is not just one type of customer.
The 'editions' makes sense so that operators can focus on more affordable titles and players can upgrade if they want.. and those wanting the 'exclusives' can get them if that's what they want.
You weren't going to get the LE game experience at the Pro price... the alternative is what Stern was doing 10 years ago.. which was ONLY making the crappy stripped out game. No one wants those times again.

I agree though I think your timing for the lean times sounds off. I just picked up POTC, 10 years old now, and I am super impressed with how feature packed this game is, very impressive. I haven't been in the pinball owner scene long enough to know about the lean times, but it may be older, newer, or pin specific.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 103.00
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 49.95
$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dzoomer.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-ghostbusters-official-announcement?tu=dzoomer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.