(Topic ID: 154448)

Stern Ghostbusters Official Announcement!

By WaddleJrJr

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 174 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 15 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What version are you buying?”

• Pro 26 votes
    6%
  • Premium 121 votes
    29%
  • LE 92 votes
    22%
  • Interested in the game but will wait until after playing it 129 votes
    31%
  • Not interested 53 votes
    13%

(421 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

GB_(resized).jpg
martin_shkreli_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
magicgirlBG-799x600_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
1673ace0e3aae9cf1542de694c3e38a4955d8567_(resized).jpg
946dff41732fb244da8b1d53e47007407eed6682_(resized).jpg
ghost_(resized).jpg
s-l1607_(resized).jpg
s-l1606_(resized).jpg
s-l1605_(resized).jpg
s-l1604_(resized).jpg
s-l1604_(resized).jpg
s-l1603_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png
There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

by harping, you mean 1 post? Yes. guilty. lol
Someone said Stern was "ushering in a new golden age of pinball", I felt that was a bit too much hyperbole....

If the golden age consists of artwork like this, it's worth it's weight in gold. Top that off with the abundance of extra toys, new mangetic slingshots, and a hologram that will display on the playfield - I think it's a step change in the right direction for STERN. Hopefully they can sustain it. A color display would've blown up the whole internet and not just pinside, but at least the rest of the game was a big leap in the right direction.

#102 8 years ago

ghost_(resized).jpgghost_(resized).jpg

#103 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Lets hope Zombie Yeti has a long career at Stern. Picking him up was like drafting Tom Brady. He is an instant industry giant based on what I have seen of GB, not to mention the work he did for Jpop. Any game he does will sell more whether it is a good playing game or not!

I agree 100% This guy has awesome art. GB, What Magic Girl art looks like is incredible too. Such a shame on that project.

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

ghost_(resized).jpg

Who needs code when it's selling like hot cakes?

#105 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

If the golden age consists of artwork like this, it's worth it's weight in gold. Top that off with the abundance of extra toys, new mangetic slingshots, and a hologram that will display on the playfield - I think it's a step change in the right direction for STERN. Hopefully they can sustain it. A color display would've blown up the whole internet and not just pinside, but at least the rest of the game was a big leap in the right direction.

Agreed. My comment in the other thread (that he referenced), was Stern got SOOO much right on this pin, too bad they didn't make it a grand slam homerun with something better than mono dots.

HOWEVER, much as i love the look of this pin, Im one of the minority that wants to play it before buying it...because...you know... I PLAY pinball (and look at it)

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Lets hope Zombie Yeti has a long career at Stern. Picking him up was like drafting Tom Brady. He is an instant industry giant based on what I have seen of GB, not to mention the work he did for Jpop. Any game he does will sell more whether it is a good playing game or not!

Agreed!

#107 8 years ago

5,000 Dollars!? I had no Idea it would be so much, I won't pay it!

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from catboxer:

5,000 Dollars!? I had no Idea it would be so much, I won't pay it!

Hehe

#109 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Agreed. My comment in the other thread (that he referenced), was Stern got SOOO much right on this pin, too bad they didn't make it a grand slam homerun with something better than mono dots.
HOWEVER, much as i love the look of this pin, Im one of the minority that wants to play it before buying it...because...you know... I PLAY pinball (and look at it)

as everyone should. You would think people getting burned 4 or 5 times by buying games before they bought them would learn. I think there is a slow learning curve around here.

Does look awesome. hope it plays as good as it looks.

#110 8 years ago

Looks like another winner. There goes my money again.... Good job guys, keep bringing them to the market.

I wish they had a vari-target somewhere, and a mirrored back glass for the LE. Next time, just like Da Cubs.....

HENDRIX should be next!!!!!

#111 8 years ago

Re: pricing ... the LE is more than a Smaug Gold in the EU. I don't see how this can be sustained without a major improvement in build quality and features on Stern's part.

#112 8 years ago

Looks pretty awesome! How are the interactive holographic Ecto glasses going to be utilized? Too bad it doesn't have a color LCD, but the art is awesome. Cant wait to play both the pro and the premium and see the differences. Hopefully I can afford one of these later down the road, they will be making them for a while, no need to break the bank now.

#113 8 years ago

I think the code is going to take longer with the new LCD displays vs dot matrix. More art to render.

#114 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Re: pricing ... the LE is more than a Smaug Gold in the EU. I don't see how this can be sustained without a major improvement in build quality and features on Stern's part.

Cause the game looks to be funner? Just saying...

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

A color display would've blown up the whole internet and not just pinside, but at least the rest of the game was a big leap in the right direction.

Agreed,I hope the Lcd makes it in time for Star wars!

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

But where are the Smaugs you speak of?

#117 8 years ago

The more I look at it, playfield wise, the more I seem to like the Pro.... I'm guessing it'll play faster than the Premium.

Having said that both look quite incredible. Maybe I'll end up with a pro and premium... But going to wait to play for final determination...

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from Concretehardt:

LE 500 machines produced with different Art (Slimer package), Shaker, LE Green armor, presumably more clear coat to cover signature on playfield, real back glass not translite, LE cert and number plate. Not sure if I missed anything?

I would like to see what the "real" LE backglass (with Slimer) quality is like, but I know that would just be another dice roll.
I see the base image, but I do not know how it was ink screened or if done in the "old school method".
Nothing is really specified, mirrored, non-mirrored, and all other standard true backglass specifications.
It is not even listed as a feature on most website sale pages, although it is on the Stern specifications sheet.

An extra $1000 for recycled Hulk side armor, Slimer side art, numbered plate, slightly different backglass image, and signatures is not worth the ante, unless you know what are getting for the quality of the backglass.
Gary Stern's autograph on the Certificate of Authenticity does not raise the stakes.
All the rest is minimized.
I know the LE will sell out and future owners will defend regardless, if not already, although no one has had the opportunity to play the LE version of the game.
I hope buyers do not get burned with the code, caution should be advised.

#119 8 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Nobody even knows what the "real" backglass not translite image looks like...

Hope it's "mirrored"

#120 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

I'm not going to jump on it either. I was saving up for Full Throttle and Alien and I'm going to keep to doing that. If a lot of people buy it, I'll get to play it somewhere and they will produce it for years so no worries about missing out.

It looks awesome though. How could they ever go back to GOT style art after seeing this? I guess GOT came after MET but hopefully they learned their lesson and keep pumping out masterpieces like this.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

as everyone should. You would think people getting burned 4 or 5 times by buying games before they bought them would learn. I think there is a slow learning curve around here.
Does look awesome. hope it plays as good as it looks.

Meh, I don't really care much what other folks do with THEIR money, just commenting on what I plan to do with mine.

And that will be absolutely nothing until I play one and the code looks good and its enjoyable play.... Absolutely no rush to buy ANY pinball machine... contrary to how some folks act, if the games a winner it will always be obtainable.

#122 8 years ago

I think this game looks fantastic. Way to go Stern....

#123 8 years ago
Quoted from rai:

But where are the Smaugs you speak of?

946dff41732fb244da8b1d53e47007407eed6682_(resized).jpg946dff41732fb244da8b1d53e47007407eed6682_(resized).jpg

#124 8 years ago

Bingo.... jackpot , Stern has there mojo back.

#125 8 years ago

So many awesome features on this one... Could be the best Stern of the modern era. Love how that ramp goes down into a subway and back out on the LE. So funny how something so small can make a pinballer freak the f out. Can't wait to see a full video of it playing!

#126 8 years ago

I'm going to say that it'll depend on the code. Let's hope they do it proper. I know Stern can, but I also know they've not always done so.

What I mean, Stern pinball code is a closed system (we can break part of the code for examples to add text, graphics and sound files) but overall we are stuck with whatever Stern deems acceptable for rules, scoring, sound lengths, priority of sound or displays, scoring, stacking etc... So it's really out of our hands.

I'm *hoping* that this is both a big enough theme as well as a beautiful enough platform as well as a feature rich pin that it won't fall through the cracks. In other words of its a big hit, maybe Stern will go to bat and polish the code. I'm not afraid but I'm concerned that Stern might think big seller means they don't need to polish the code. I mean look at Kiss was probably more well regarded than GOT on first showing and yet it's still in need of basic code (I don't know what all but some said it's even missing basic sound effects).

Hopefully the code team is not rushed off to other projects.

#127 8 years ago

Art great! LCD please...it's 2016...LCD may be obsolete by the time they implement

#128 8 years ago

Yuck. Red dots on this game with such a colorful crafted cabinet? Not to mention it's 2016. When they do finally add actual color video to go with their awesome stereo sound (finally), it will be too bad they have used up so many great themes.

-Jeff

#129 8 years ago

Everyone bad mouthing the red dots - remember - ColorDMD is around, and SOMEONE somewhere is going to make a ColorDMD for this game.

Patience, guys. Pictures haven't even been out for 12 hours, and we're looking at late April before the game even ships. Good things will come.

#130 8 years ago

A ColorDMD on this thing would sing. Perfect compliment to the astounding artwork.

#131 8 years ago

As for the argument that The Hobbit is better, I'd hold off judgment on that for now. GB art package and features are looking strong, of course if they'll need to gel correctly but then I'm not sure The Hobbit is all that and a bag of chips yet.

I'm seeing a lot of interesting shots on GB, two distinct ramps one dips below the PF. That's should to trump the ramps on TH (IMO). TH two ramps are quite meh (IMO).

Couple of PF drop targets (might not be trolls but they're extra shots which is nice depending on how they're implemented).

subway/ball lock that could be interesting.

Suspended Slimer toy has potential

The cream of the cream might be the hologram (for me) depending on how it looks.

Its too soon to say for sure, but at least Stern is giving this pin teeth to fight it out with other high priced pins, might not have a color display but we've seen great things from Color DMD. Too soon to say anything about the dots, sound or rules but it looks as nice as TH (IMO).

#132 8 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

ColorDMD is around

that's the answer? 2016. Do they have dot based monitors anywhere else in home electronics? Especially on a 8k item? Ridiculous. Art looks awesome though.

#133 8 years ago

Games looks really good, but I'm not loving that lower right Frosted clear Ramp. Why isn't it Perfectly Clear?

#134 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

that's the answer? 2016. Do they have dot based monitors anywhere else in home electronics? Especially on a 8k item? Ridiculous. Art looks awesome though.

Don't buy it. How many other manufacturers are making $4800 pins by the way?

I'm not happy about red dots, but what's the alternative JJP making one game every four years? PPS remaking 22 year old games?

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Sure as hell isn't stopping me and scores of others here that's for sure. I'll buy this and wait for someone to make one. With a game like this, it is inevitable.

I can tell you right here right now when my friends come over, the LAST thing they are going to say is "where's the LCD?" They're going to be too busy flipping the hell out at how awesome this game will be.

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I just don't understand guys like you.
Like, say for example...
guys that own 10 different pins, NONE of which have lcd displays, NONE of which were built in the last few years, and yet you're the loudest guy on here crying about no LCD screen.
I just bought a color DMD for my Metallica and it looks pimp -so yes, I prefer colour dots. But I also do honestly prefer dots to LCD right now. I wasn't excited by the same video loops on WoZ after playing it for a while. I'm certain that Hobbit will look awesome initially, but after the honeymoon phase wears off, it's all about layout, toys, and code.
Hoping this game has them all. Looks great so far.

#137 8 years ago

I am in for the premium. Lots of mods in the works already!

#138 8 years ago

Looks like a great game. Given past threads when stern releases a new game, the amount of sh!t talk and trashing seems to be at a minimum. It appears the masses like this. I certainly do.

Over the past year, i think stern has demonstrated its commitment to code. Yes, it may not come with a complete but based on what I have seen, they will get it done and more complete. I think the days of incomplete code like WOF are past. The collectors have spoke and Stern is listening. ( hopefully )

Can't wait to play this baby!

#139 8 years ago

99 percent sure I'm going to get one of these

#140 8 years ago

Looks great. I hope gameplay is as good. It had better be spectacular for me to buy one as I have to sell something and I don't want to do that. I would go in for a Premium if I had the money.

One thing I am not looking forward to is hearing that damn theme song. You know with the new movie coming out that every other crappy commercial for the next 10 years will have idiots yelling PRICEBUSTERS! over and over.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

The Public Library on the Pro can use some help but it may need to be offset a touch to not cover up too much of Sigourney's head.

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Let's see some EL-wire proton streams!!!!

#143 8 years ago

I'd say pinball is back people.

#144 8 years ago

Hopefully we'll see one at TPF in a couple weeks.

#145 8 years ago

Looks really sweet! Much better art than I expected, wasnt interested, but a pro may have to happen!

Few things I dont care for are the frosted ramp, and if you look in this pic, the clear looks awful! But its probably a proto:
1673ace0e3aae9cf1542de694c3e38a4955d8567_(resized).jpg1673ace0e3aae9cf1542de694c3e38a4955d8567_(resized).jpg

#146 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

Looks really sweet! Much better art than I expected, wasnt interested, but a pro may have to happen!
Few things I dont care for are the frosted ramp, and if you look in this pic, the clear looks awful! But its probably a proto:

Seriously, Man... the CLEAR!?! That's your take-away from these photos?

#147 8 years ago

looks like they finally understood that photoshoping pictures here and there on the playfield was not the way to go...

Cartoon this here and there, add flames and VOILA!! now THAT'S pinball!

#148 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I believe in another thread it was shared these were photos of in house proto...the ramps are clear, clearcoat will be fine!

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from libtech:

I brought this up like 4 pages back lol. It seems to have been passed over. It is indeed a direct ink pf and not cleared at all.

#150 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

I was saving up for Full Throttle and Alien and I'm going to keep to doing that. If a lot of people buy it, I'll get to play it somewhere and they will produce it for years so no worries about missing out.

Full Throttle and Alien will also be mass produced for years to come. Heighway Pinball is following the Stern business model but no one talks about that.

Good luck with whatever your do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

7,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Middletown, NY
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 119.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 103.00
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

6,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Palm Desert, CA
$ 49.95
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 969.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Mödley Crüe

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations

$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 55.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 25.00
Playfield - Protection
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 1.49
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Daddio's 3D Printed Mods

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods

$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 8.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-ghostbusters-official-announcement/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.