(Topic ID: 154448)

Stern Ghostbusters Official Announcement!

By WaddleJrJr

4 years ago

Topic Stats

• 399 posts
  • 174 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by flynnibus
  • Topic is favorited by 17 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“What version are you buying?”

• Pro 26 votes
    6%
  • Premium 121 votes
    29%
  • LE 92 votes
    22%
  • Interested in the game but will wait until after playing it 129 votes
    31%
  • Not interested 53 votes
    13%

(421 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 21 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

GB_(resized).jpg
martin_shkreli_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpg
magicgirlBG-799x600_(resized).jpg
pasted_image_(resized).png
1673ace0e3aae9cf1542de694c3e38a4955d8567_(resized).jpg
946dff41732fb244da8b1d53e47007407eed6682_(resized).jpg
ghost_(resized).jpg
s-l1607_(resized).jpg
s-l1606_(resized).jpg
s-l1605_(resized).jpg
s-l1604_(resized).jpg
s-l1604_(resized).jpg
s-l1603_(resized).jpg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).png

There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.
#251 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I just hope the hologram is not like the ST laser!

ST laser biggest joke ever. Can't be that bad.

#252 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

I just hope the hologram is not like the ST laser!

*ahem* Don't you mean the Starfield Projector?

#253 4 years ago

Im Interested in this game.
Art looks kick ass and toys are cool.
Got to play one first to see if its worth selling my sweet fully modded TZ.
I've been waiting to unload it on Pat's game 3 from JJP but depending on game play this might trump my waiting.

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

ST laser biggest joke ever. Can't be that bad.

Yeah you are right, Stern would never hype something or overstate it to drive sales

It does look really sweet but with stern I wan't to see the actual game and near final code before making a judgement.

#255 4 years ago
Quoted from clg:

Yeah you are right, Stern would never hype something or overstate it to drive sales
It does look really sweet but with stern I wan't to see the actual game and near final code before making a judgement.

You've seen the actual game. Could it end up being a piece of shit? Sure. Look at Dwight doing the code on the FB feed! JK Dwight.

Gotta have a creative mindset, ST blew from day one, same ole same ole SR fan lovers. If you like different, this could be really good.

#256 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You've seen the actual game. Could it end up being a piece of shit? Sure. Look at Dwight doing the code on the FB feed! JK Dwight.
Gotta have a creative mindset, ST blew from day one, same ole same ole SR fan lovers. If you like different, this could be really good.

ST is probably the smoothest shooting game ever made. And the upper ramp is enough to make it not a fan layout. The software is good but not great all in all, I love Star Trek.

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Don't get me wrong this looks REALLY good and I may even pick one up but I want to see them out in the wild first away from Sten's marketing hype and the early adopter euphoria.

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from kpg:

Ecto goggles w/ LCD screen/hologram, way better ramp setup, magnetic slings, more interactive and better Slimer toy, better 3D molded buildings, subway ball lock, etc make it totally worth the reasonable increase in price to have the full & complete game.
That's like buying the a BluRay of Ghostbusters the movie with missing scenes of the movie for $10, versus $14 for the full uncut version. Sure, you save a few bucks, but you will always think.. should have spent the $ when you could to get the entire experience. Just my opinion, but I do understand the financial side of things of course.

I think I we are saying the same thing. I was sticking up for the premium to the OP that I quoted.

#259 4 years ago

GB is a prime example of what happens when you let an artist design an art package, not an art director and some monkeys with Photoshop and a package of approved images. I don't have a bad thing to say about any of it. I'll maybe give people the nit-pick about Murray's head, but if that's what we're down to critiquing, I'll take Zombie Yeti on every pin. All week long. And twice on Sunday.

#260 4 years ago

When I first saw ZY's work for Magic Girl I was totally blown away. What a treat it is to have him work on Ghostbusters.

#261 4 years ago
Quoted from Underspin:

When I first saw ZY's work for Magic Girl I was totally blown away. What a treat it is to have him work on Ghostbusters.

The only good thing Jpop did was getting ZY for his games because otherwise I doubt Stern would have found him. Pretty sure he never got paid by Jpop so it's nice to see him get rewarded with GB.

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from BoJo:

The only good thing Jpop did was getting ZY for his games because otherwise I doubt Stern would have found him. Pretty sure he never got paid by Jpop so it's nice to see him get rewarded with GB.

I can only give one thumbs up.

#263 4 years ago
Quoted from kvan99:

Wooohoo. Man the ZY gives Dirty Donny a run for the money. But I can see the MET influence, every bit of the pf is covered with something nice...full of details and homages to the movie. ZY is going to be very sought after after this.

Couple things that jump out at me.

1. He's just getting started, this is how good a machine looks when he's just in the early part of his pinball art career....

2. JPop is a moron

#264 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I'd say pinball is back people.

Where'd it go?

#265 4 years ago

The PRO version looks incredible!

Rob Bell
Robsgameroom.com

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

eggbert52 said:
I'd say pinball is back people.
Where'd it go?

GB saved pinball now?!!! Relax. I thought multimorphic, spooky, and heighway were doing that so it wasn't a one trick pony monopoly

What's going on here is Stern made a game with great art and shelved that shit a$$ photoshopped actor slingshot/backglass formula they've been using...now they've suddenly saved pinball??! Look around, there are other great manufacturers out there. They may not pump out the games fast yet, but they are there if you give them a chance.

#268 4 years ago

I just noticed how the firehouse model in the game has a pinball machine in one of the windows, just how the real firehouse in the film has a pin. Nice job Stern. I still can't get over how good this game looks.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

GB saved pinball now?!!! Relax. I thought multimorphic, spooky, and heighway were doing that so it wasn't a one trick pony monopoly
What's going on here is Stern made a game with great art and shelved that shit a$$ photoshopped actor slingshot/backglass formula they've been using...now they've suddenly saved pinball??! Look around, there are other great manufacturers out there. They may not pump out the games fast yet, but they are there if you give them a chance.

Agree - if anything, I give credit to JJP/Heighway/etc for making Stern step up their game a notch or two.

#270 4 years ago

With all this positive reaction to hand drawn illustrations for zombie yeti, stern would be smart to contact some of the more popular mondo artists for future releases. The everything but the kitchen sink art style of ghostbusters, reminds me of Tyler stout.

#271 4 years ago

If I had anything to do with it, I'd just have Zombie Yeti do about every other game, and ask him for a recommendation of an artist he respects that would be willing to do similar work... but perhaps has a completely different style. Between the two of them they could make some really legendary designs in the next few years for Stern.

Use the guys that were doing the cut & paste style to help out the animation team that's working on the LCD stuff.

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from bb2j3z:

The everything but the kitchen sink art style of ghostbusters, reminds me of Tyler stout.

That works so well on pinball machines because you spend so much time staring at the playfield. The more busy it is, if it's styled right and not just a mess... the better it is because there's more art to find as you play it.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Lay off the legal weed. In no way did I imply that GB saved pinball. The last 8 games from 4-5 companies did. GB was just icing on the cake per my post.

I hope to God you don't act this way with your girlfriend or family. One obtuse comment is likely to set you afire.

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from LyonsRonnie1:

If I had anything to do with it, I'd just have Zombie Yeti do about every other game, and ask him for a recommendation of an artist he respects that would be willing to do similar work... but perhaps has a completely different style. Between the two of them they could make some really legendary designs in the next few years for Stern.
Use the guys that were doing the cut & paste style to help out the animation team that's working on the LCD stuff.

I'd like to see Jason Chan design a pin:

http://www.artofmtg.com/artist/jason-chan/

#275 4 years ago

I can see the video mode being one where you have to guess the symbol on the other side of the card.

And if you're in Peter Venkman mode/timer/whatever, no matter what you guess, you're wrong.

#276 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

I hope to God you don't act this way with your girlfriend or family.

and it gets personal. Stay classy San Diego.

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

and it gets personal. Stay classy San Diego.

OK I was gonna let this go but then you had to make a snide remark about a totally harmless post. If you had been "classy" then you would have read the following post on page 5 of this thread:

Quoted from eggbert52:

Kiss, GOT, TWD, AMH, The Hobbit, all went into my comment that pinball is back!! I was just too lazy to type them all but you're right.

Instead, you didn't bother and decided to be condescending and insinuate that I was implying that GB saved pinball. My post above was over 24 hours before your post clarifying that that wasn't my point.

It's always personal when people like you don't bother to read and then just make stupid comments toward others for no apparent reason.

So, per my previous comments, cut down on the legal weed and read all posts before just responding to one.

#278 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

OK I was gonna let this go

then let it go

I'll just find the ignore function and we'll all go away winners without derailing the thread any more.

Another vote for great artwork finally stern! Keep it up. Let's see some gameplay video!

#279 4 years ago

Oh why Stern do you even bother making "lesser" models? This practice of making a more affordable pin by removing playfield features simply sucks.

Just make one machine, one playfield, and offer colored legs, alternate cabinet if that is necessary.

Offering "lesser" machines is offensive, "Oh, you can't afford the "real" pinball but we'll take your money anyway and give you this lesser playing version............."

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Oh why Stern do you even bother making "lesser" models? This practice of making a more affordable pin by removing playfield features simply sucks.
Just make one machine, one playfield, and offer colored legs, alternate cabinet if that is necessary.
Offering "lesser" machines is offensive, "Oh, you can't afford the "real" pinball but we'll take your money anyway and give you this lesser playing version............."

Why are you against choices?

Doing what you're suggesting means the end of the 5K pin.

#281 4 years ago

Met pro is fabulous

#282 4 years ago
Quoted from Damonator:

Agree - if anything, I give credit to JJP/Heighway/etc for making Stern step up their game a notch or two.

Along with the price.

#283 4 years ago

I must say all of the models look pretty darn cool with some unique features. I can't wait to get some play time on it! Hope we may see some at Pin-a-go-go or California Extreme!!

#284 4 years ago

I think the different models are a good idea. An arcade is going to opt for the Pro version due to cost AND less toys to break down and more simple rules. I would probably drop the Premium and double the LE count instead.

#285 4 years ago

Some of us can't afford premium pricing. I'm glad Stern makes a pro because I can enjoy a NIB experience and great games at the same time. IMO JJP and these others should also offer "pro" models and they might sell more. The day Stern stops making pros is the days I stop buying new pinball machines.

#286 4 years ago
Quoted from NPO:

Along with the price.

Haha - yea - Gary really owes Jack on that point. But at least GB seems to have a higher BOM to go with the price tag.

#287 4 years ago

I disagree with this. Just pretend that Stern only makes a Premium and an LE and like magic, it's the same model as everyone else.

Why does the existence of a Pro bother you?

#288 4 years ago

I am glad for a pro being in Aus I can't afford a premium but I do agree with pinball nate, make just one game and mix it up with models and plastic and cabinet art etc. In the end Stern has to invest in 2 lots of programming, holding more stock that is unique for pro and then premium like the playfields, mechs, ramps, plastics.

But stoked they did GB and will go for a pro and maybe one day when job and money allow a upgrade to premium if I like the game.

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from glasairpilot:

I think the different models are a good idea. An arcade is going to opt for the Pro version due to cost AND less toys to break down and more simple rules. I would probably drop the Premium and double the LE count instead.

Doubling the LE's will not make up for the loss of Premium sales on a popular title.

It also forces customers to commit early to the LE, where Premium customers can wait and see how things shake out.

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from eggbert52:

OK I was gonna let this go but then you had to make a snide remark about a totally harmless post. If you had been "classy" then you would have read the following post on page 5 of this thread:
one.

So we have to read ALL your posts to understand each one individually ?

I love the artwork, but Im really looking forward to PLAYING one.

Some of the hyperbole around this title is amazing. People are lauding it as the "next coming" before anyone had even plunged the first ball!

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Some of us can't afford premium pricing. I'm glad Stern makes a pro because I can enjoy a NIB experience and great games at the same time. IMO JJP and these others should also offer "pro" models and they might sell more. The day Stern stops making pros is the days I stop buying new pinball machines.

I think it's great also but when the absence of the features makes gameplay drastically different i dont like it . Games like tron metallica and kiss the le/premium features are cool but don't drastically change gameplay , that's nice it givthinkes people pricing options on basically the same game . But when the premium/le have features like upper or lower playfields that are absent on the pro versions it makes the versions seem like completely different games and the only way to get the "real" version of the game is buy premium or le that kind of sucks . Yes if you pay more you should get more but these drastically different versions of the same games are kind of annoying to me . Just my opinion .

#292 4 years ago

For those wanting just one model.. Do you want everyone to have the pro so it's cheaper, or the premium for more $$ and less on route. If you want the premium for the pro price as the 'one' model youre dreaming.

Two tiers make sense.. Can dump the LE if ya want.

#293 4 years ago
Quoted from sd_tom:

For those wanting just one model.. Do you want everyone to have the pro so it's cheaper, or the premium for more $$ and less on route. If you want the premium for the pro price as the 'one' model youre dreaming.
Two tiers make sense.. Can dump the LE if ya want.

For me it's just when the different version are so different that they basically are not the same game anymore Id be fine if they were a different theme or tittle all together . I think different price range is great also and I'm glad that stern can offer that but calling one version LE or premium and another pro just doesn't make sense to me when game play is so different . For example Game of thrones , gameplay is fairly different between the versions yet all versions are game of thrones pinball , Why not make Game of thrones pinball Le and premium version "THE" game of thrones pinball and sell for around $7,000 and make the pro version dragon quest , muppets , whatever anything really with a different theme all together with less features and a lower price tag say around $5,000 . It's not the price that annoys me it's the fact that they are at some point selling completely different games under the same tittle . I don't think anyone would call Eclipse a pro version of black hole , but that is essentially what stern is doing with these games today and at least eclipse got it's own artwork . So again for me it's not about price, make a game put a price on it and I'll decide weather I want to buy it or not , and I think its great that that stern can offer different pricing options. Its just for me the fact that they are selling games that may have completely different gameplay and just calling them different versions of the same game (when to me at some point they are no longer the same game at all even though they have the same basic layout,artwork and sound .) At some point the versions of a game become different games and I think stern has crossed that point a few too many times .

#294 4 years ago

Please excuse my ignorance. I agree with you the changes do result in different game play.

Is this more of an issue for those that focus on tournament play?
(Personally, I dont play in these)

Is there a reason Im missing?

Curious to understand.

#295 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

For me it's just when the different version are so different that they basically are not the same game anymore Id be fine if they were a different theme or tittle all together . I think different price range is great also and I'm glad that stern can offer that but calling one version LE or premium and another pro just doesn't make sense to me when game play is so different . For example Game of thrones , gameplay is fairly different between the versions yet all versions are game of thrones pinball , Why not make Game of thrones pinball Le and premium version "THE" game of thrones pinball and sell for around $7,000 and make the pro version dragon quest , muppets , whatever anything really with a different theme all together with less features and a lower price tag say around $5,000 . It's not the price that annoys me it's the fact that they are at some point selling completely different games under the same tittle . I don't think anyone would call Eclipse a pro version of black hole , but that is essentially what stern is doing with these games today and at least eclipse got it's own artwork . So again for me it's not about price, make a game put a price on it and I'll decide weather I want to buy it or not , and I think its great that that stern can offer different pricing options. Its just for me the fact that they are selling games that may have completely different gameplay and just calling them different versions of the same game (when to me at some point they are no longer the same game at all even though they have the same basic layout,artwork and sound .) At some point the versions of a game become different games and I think stern has crossed that point a few too many times .

Variety and choice is awesome, and to offer it under the same title is even better and more interesting imo. It's a win win. The more options the better. I find the best stern titles have the most variety in game play, such as Met, ACDC, TWD, GOT. ST on the other hand has zero interest to me, with only cosmetic upgrades. Let me pick the game, gameplay and price. To complain about being offered choice within a title strikes me as close-minded and short-sighted. Kinda like saying if I have to choose a game play option, everyone else should have to play the same game as well.

#296 4 years ago

I'd also like to add that Stern is the only company mass producing pinball machines right now so the path that they have chosen with the pro, premium/le models is obviously working for them so it really doesn't matter that someone like me is unhappy with the different versions being so completely different . I am happy though that they are are still making games and have enjoyed every game they have made .

#297 4 years ago

Because the alternative is 'one size fits all' - yet the market is not just one type of customer.

The 'editions' makes sense so that operators can focus on more affordable titles and players can upgrade if they want.. and those wanting the 'exclusives' can get them if that's what they want.

You weren't going to get the LE game experience at the Pro price... the alternative is what Stern was doing 10 years ago.. which was ONLY making the crappy stripped out game. No one wants those times again.

#298 4 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Because the alternative is 'one size fits all' - yet the market is not just one type of customer.
The 'editions' makes sense so that operators can focus on more affordable titles and players can upgrade if they want.. and those wanting the 'exclusives' can get them if that's what they want.
You weren't going to get the LE game experience at the Pro price... the alternative is what Stern was doing 10 years ago.. which was ONLY making the crappy stripped out game. No one wants those times again.

I agree though I think your timing for the lean times sounds off. I just picked up POTC, 10 years old now, and I am super impressed with how feature packed this game is, very impressive. I haven't been in the pinball owner scene long enough to know about the lean times, but it may be older, newer, or pin specific.

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from dzoomer:

Variety and choice is awesome, and to offer it under the same title is even better and more interesting imo. It's a win win. The more options the better. I find the best stern titles have the most variety in game play, such as Met, ACDC, TWD, GOT. ST on the other hand has zero interest to me, with only cosmetic upgrades. Let me pick the game, gameplay and price. To complain about being offered choice within a title strikes me as close-minded and short-sighted. Kinda like if saying if I have to choose a game play option, everyone else should have to play the same game as well.

Good point , I like the fact that stern offers different gameplay and pricing options , I guess I just wish it was not within the same tittle , calling games the same tittle when when they are so different is where my problem is(maybe it is just too confusing to have games with the same basic tittle be so different ). But the way you phrase it makes sense and I can see that point of view also . Oh well It looks to me like Ghostbusters pro is going to play completely different than the premium/LE , I don't like that and I understand that some people will and that's fine . I'd just rather see it themed and titled a completely different game . I agree options are good .

#300 4 years ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

Good point , I like the fact that stern offers different gameplay and pricing options , I guess I just wish it was not within the same tittle , calling games the same tittle when when they are so different is where my problem is(maybe it is just too confusing to have games with the same basic tittle be so different ). But the way you phrase it makes sense and I can see that point of view also . Oh well It looks to me like Ghostbusters pro is going to play completely different than the premium/LE , I don't like that and I understand that some people will and that's fine . I'd just rather see it themed and titled a completely different game . I agree options are good .

Whats a TITTLE ? Does it mean same as TITLE ? Is that American spelling much like COLOR or COLOUR ? Or MOM or MUM ?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 22.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
North Andover, MA
Trade
Machine - For Trade
O'fallon, MO
Machine - For Sale
Hampton Roads, VA
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
There are 399 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 8.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside