Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by fosaisu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which company should make a new Star Wars pin?”

• Stern 50 votes
      46%
    • Jersey Jack 34 votes
      31%
    • Other 4 votes
      4%
    • I dont want a new Star Wars pin so I could care less 20 votes
      19%

(108 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

facepalm.jpg
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Uh wow. Ok ok I get it. You are trolling us just like you were trolling them in that thread last year. It's clear you've never seen a Star Wars or a Star Trek film. Jedi Knights vs Clingons? William Shatner doing voice overs?
    Brilliant sir

Lol...deep breath guys. I've seen them all including the remakes as well as every Star Trek. I love them all....I take that back...I didn't like the "Deep Space 9" series. "Voyager" was done a lot better IMHO.

Trivia - have any ST/SW characters EVER crossed paths in ANY aspect of the movies/shows/books/games?

#53 9 years ago

Stern, I would like to actually get it in a timely manner and the new system does support lcd.

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I didn't like the "Deep Space 9" series. "Voyager" was done a lot better IMHO.

I liked Voyager. Just finished it the other day. I just thought DS9 was more to my liking. My favorite is still the original series.

#55 9 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

Wwe LE will demonstrate their LCD. Unless you mean the dmd, but Stern will never use an LCD for that. Spike just came out and guess what, red led display. Asking for an LCD is like asking for subways, ain't gonna happen as long as G Stern is at the helm.

disagree

#56 9 years ago

It is interesting that Stern just came out with a computer system that takes up significantly less space in the backbox than the old one. It just leads me to believe there will at least be an LCD option soon. I can't think of any pin to debut it with than a new Star Wars pin. Maybe they'll even base it off the standalone film coming in 2016 along with the one this year. If there is enough info out about the next one, they may do something like the Hobbit where they incorporate elements from each movie in the series.

#57 9 years ago
    Quoted from Pahuffman:

What's a "Clingon?" I know some Klingons that would kill you for that, petaQ!

Hahahaha I am not a Star Track fan

#58 9 years ago

well done. got me.

#59 9 years ago

If they do this, I hope it doesn't focus exclusively on the characters from the new movies.

I'd like to see a classic trilogy LE...

#60 9 years ago
    Quoted from thearcadegeek:

I'd like to see a classic trilogy LE...

This would be a no-brainer if they can get the rights, and would likely mean that the LEs and Premiums would outsell the Pros. I think George Lucas was butt hurt about people disliking the prequels and might have been stingier with the original SW licensing as a result. Hopefully Disney will just view it as a business transaction.

It's funny to think that the licensing revenue from pinball must be far, far less than tooth brushes, lunch boxes or band aids. Puts a bit of perspective on why license holders don't want to waste their time approving original art, and instead make manufacturers stick with pre-approved clip art.

Post edited by fosaisu: typo

#61 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like 7-9 are already headed in the wrong direction. Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie are who made Star Wars what it is. Sounds like these main characters (if you believe the rumors) aren't even going to be in a starring role.
    I think of the issues with the Star Wars Episode 1 pin was the cartoon graphics they used instead of real shots of the actors.
    My hope is they do make a Episode 7 pin.

Not headed in the wrong direction. In fact, the original script that Disney got from Lucas was heavily re-written to increase the role of the original characters.

#62 9 years ago
    Quoted from spidey:

Wwe LE will demonstrate their LCD. Unless you mean the dmd, but Stern will never use an LCD for that. Spike just came out and guess what, red led display. Asking for an LCD is like asking for subways, ain't gonna happen as long as G Stern is at the helm.

Patently false. The Spike system supports multiple LCD screens. Gomez was interviewed last year and said Stern was working on the replacement for their DMD, and it would debut when they had it ready. Spike may have been ready, but making their first pin without a the DMD replacement may have taken more time. It might explain why Ritche is so extremely out of rotation. His late year game may be the first with the DMD replacement.

#64 9 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

It's funny to think that the licensing revenue from pinball must fall far, far less than tooth brushes, lunch boxes and band aids. Puts a bit of perspective on why license holders don't want to waste their time approving original art, and instead make manufacturers stick with pre-approved clip art.

Very well put, way below the toothbrushes alone.

#66 9 years ago

I think a JJP star wars would be awesome and the best option. That said, I would probably vote for stern to get it and use an lcd finally. I just think JJP pins are too far out on pricing nib for most of us compared to stern nib. Now if stern used and lcd, would that price them up closer to JJP? Possibly and probably. So if we're talking same price for either company, I would probably prefer to see JJP do it, but believe stern could make a pretty sweet lcd machine too. Maybe stern could just offer the premium with an lcd, and keep the dmd for pro models.

Now I would also want one with just the original trilogy, or at least the original trilogy to be heavily integrated into the artwork and game. Also, StarWars transports, and star trek teleports. Big difference.

#67 9 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

That's what I'm saying. It was heavily re-written from Lucas' original script.

Maybe they flipped Lucas' script over and used the blank page backs to write the new script? That's how it sounds to me (and I'm hoping that's true).

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-as-a-upcoming-pin/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.