Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by fosaisu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which company should make a new Star Wars pin?”

• Stern 50 votes
      46%
    • Jersey Jack 34 votes
      31%
    • Other 4 votes
      4%
    • I dont want a new Star Wars pin so I could care less 20 votes
      19%

(108 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

facepalm.jpg
    There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 9 years ago

After reading a different post, I didn't want to hijack their thread, so I figured I would start this one.
    Lets face it, either Jersey Jack or Stern could really move some machines if they acquire the license and its bound to happen.

I would love to see it as a wide body Jersey Jack machine. After seeing the beautiful colorful playfield on Hobbit, I think JJP would put a lot of love into it. My concern about JJP is could they produce them fast enough?
    Stern already produced a few Disney titles, so I am kind of thinking this might be the way to go.
    I would think since its a December release (although there are rumors now of pushing it to this summer) Stern could have it ready by then or shortly after. Even after SW hits the theater, the fanfare will continue for months.

What are your thoughts?

#2 9 years ago

I really really really hope Stern gets this license..

#3 9 years ago

JJP, just for the LCD...Nothing against Stern, but how cool would a "lightsaber" multi-ball be with a crazy fight video playing?

#4 9 years ago
    Quoted from KerryD:

JJP, just for the LCD...Nothing against Stern, but how cool would a "lightsaber" multi-ball be with a crazy fight video playing?

I actually wouldn't be surprised Stern uses this title to demonstrate their LCD.

#5 9 years ago

Would they release a pin to be released with the first film, or wait for the trilogy to be finished?
    Ideal solution is to release a new pin for the original trilogy and then another for the new films. No one knows if 7-9 will be as bad as 1-3 yet.
    Either way would love a new SW pin to be released.

#6 9 years ago
    Quoted from todler:

Would they release a pin to be released with the first film, or wait for the trilogy to be finished?
    Ideal solution is to release a new pin for the original trilogy and then another for the new films. No one knows if 7-9 will be as bad as 1-3 yet.
    Either way would love a new SW pin to be released.

I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like 7-9 are already headed in the wrong direction. Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie are who made Star Wars what it is. Sounds like these main characters (if you believe the rumors) aren't even going to be in a starring role.
    I think of the issues with the Star Wars Episode 1 pin was the cartoon graphics they used instead of real shots of the actors.

My hope is they do make a Episode 7 pin.

#7 9 years ago
    Quoted from pninja005:

I actually wouldn't be surprised Stern uses this title to demonstrate their LCD.

Wwe LE will demonstrate their LCD. Unless you mean the dmd, but Stern will never use an LCD for that. Spike just came out and guess what, red led display. Asking for an LCD is like asking for subways, ain't gonna happen as long as G Stern is at the helm.

#9 9 years ago

Every star wars pin I've ever played never does anything/gimmick with the teleporter or transporter or whatever. A sub field trough. Ball starts at one side, teleports to the other side etc. Seems easy enough.

#10 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like 7-9 are already headed in the wrong direction. Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie are who made Star Wars what it is.

It could be good. Look at Star Trek with the new faces...

#11 9 years ago
    Quoted from spfxted:

It could be good. Look at Star Trek with the new faces...

Star Trek mainly had new actors filling the old familiar roles. With the new Star Wars movie, it's new actors *and* new roles.

#12 9 years ago

I hope DP will do it. I am a bit shocked to see so many want Stern to do it.

#13 9 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

I hope DP will do it. I am a bit shocked to see so many want Stern to do it.

DP doesn't even have *one* release under their belt yet, and even that one is swimming with controversy as to whether or not it will actually even be released. Stern has at least a track record with getting machines out the door (albeit with incomplete code), and JJP has proven their mettle with WoZ.

#14 9 years ago

Even though the story is set "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." it still has a very futuristic feel to it. I went with JJP simply based on the fact that their machines feel more advanced in some ways due to the LCD. A Star Wars pin would benefit greatly from the use of an LCD. If Stern chose to go with this licence and use it to debut their LCD, then I'd be in. I'd like to see Lyman do the code. If they're going to do Star Wars, they have to do it right. A lot of people are hardcore about the franchise. Killer theme for a pin though. There's little doubt the films will be successful with JJ Abrams behind the helm.

#15 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Every Star Wars pin I've ever played never does anything/gimmick with the teleporter or transporter or whatever. A sub field trough. Ball starts at one side, teleports to the other side etc. Seems easy enough.

I'm not a Star Wars fan, but does Star Wars have transporters similar to Star Trek?

As far as the theme, we've tried it 3 times and none of them have been great. I really would look forward to something more interesting.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

does Star Wars have transporters similar to Star Trek?

Not that I'm aware of. I'm a huge Trek fan, not so much Star Wars. I've seen all the films, but I havent' seen anything resembling a transporter.

#17 9 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

I'm not a Star Wars fan, but does Star Wars have transporters similar to Star Trek?

Nope, no transporters. Just ships that go light speed.

#18 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

I hope I'm wrong, but it sounds like 7-9 are already headed in the wrong direction. Luke, Leia, Han and Chewie are who made Star Wars what it is. Sounds like these main characters (if you believe the rumors) aren't even going to be in a starring role.

So you want to see a fat old Carrie Fisher running around still trying to be relevant to the rebellion?

-c

#19 9 years ago
    Quoted from Jasontaps:

I think of the issues with the Star Wars Episode 1 pin was the cartoon graphics they used instead of real shots of the actors.

I've never played EP1 to know what the issues are or are not, but pictures instead of inked characters is something that always gets complained about on Stern machines.

#20 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

So you want to see a fat old Carrie Fisher running around still trying to be relevant to the rebellion?
    -c

Yeah it's 20+ years too late to have the original cast star in these movies. The cameo approach is OK, though it has to be handled delicately or it will just be lame and distracting. The new movies have to stand on their own, and I hope they just take advantage of the Star Wars universe as a great setting rather than trying to mooch off the legacy of the original series.

At least there's the positive development that Disney rejected George Lucas' ideas for the new film. He's been creatively tapped out for 30 years.
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jan/21/star-wars-george-lucas-films-disney

#21 9 years ago

JJP will release a Star Wars pin once Episode 9 hits theaters. The pin will cover all 9 movies and be coded by Keith Johnson with 100 modes, 9 movie multiballs, 3 trilogy mini wizard modes and the most difficult wizard mode ever created that not even NASA scientists in a simulator can beat. I can dream

No other pinball programmer can tell a story and make you feel like you are on a quest through code like Keith Johnson can. Keith being employed by JJP alone makes them get my vote.

#22 9 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

Nope, no transporters. Just ships that go light speed.

Pretty sure that's not accurate. Princess Leia was transported in a miniature version and then before Luke blew up the deathstar...she was transported to safety.

#23 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Pretty sure that's not accurate. Princess Leia was transported in a miniature version and then before Luke blew up the deathstar...she was transported to safety.

I think the "miniature Princess Leia" you're thinking of was a hologram recording R2-D2 was carrying around (so basically a video recording of her). She wasn't "transported" around in that form.

As for Leia getting off the Death Star, in Star Wars there's 20+ minutes of the movie where Luke and Han end up on the Death Star and physically rescue her, so she's no longer on the Death Star immediately before it blows up. And when Lando and Chewie blow up the Death Star again (!?!) in Return of the Jedi, she's down on planet Endor with Han and the Ewoks.

Maybe there were transporters added in the newer trilogy (I didn't care for them so only saw them once) but I'm pretty sure that transporters are a Star Trek thing.

#24 9 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

I think the "miniature Princess Leia" you're thinking of was a hologram recording R2-D2 was carrying around (so basically a video recording of her). She wasn't "transported" around in that form.
    As for Leia getting off the Death Star, in Star Wars there's 20+ minutes of the movie where Luke and Han end up on the Death Star and physically rescue her, so she's no longer on the Death Star immediately before it blows up. And when Lando and Chewie blow up the Death Star again (!?!) in Return of the Jedi, she's down on planet Endor with Han and the Ewoks.
    Maybe there were transporters added in the newer trilogy (I didn't care for them so only saw them once) but I'm pretty sure that transporters are a Star Trek thing.

...but she gets transported up into the ship before the death star blows up...in fact, Luke and Han get transported up into the ship before it takes off. I think that's what you mean.

#25 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

...but she gets transported up into the ship before the death star blows up...in fact, Luke and Han get transported up into the ship before it takes off. I think that's what you mean.

No. You are incorrect

#26 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

No idea what scene you're referring to here.

If you're talking about the original Star Wars, and how Luke, Leah and Han get back onto the Millenium Falcon while it's sitting in the bay on the Death Star, they use their feet and run up the ramp (this is after they escape the garbage compactor, with Luke and Han wearing storm trooper suits). I don't think any of them return to the Death Star after that.

If you're talking about Return of the Jedi, I don't think Leia is ever on the Death Star in that one.

#27 9 years ago

what? Are you guys sure you didn't fall asleap there? there are no transporters in Star Wars.

In the first movie they fly out in the falcon, in the 3rd vader and luke fly out in the shuttle....you know when luke pulled off Vader's mask and then dragged him into the shuttle on that ramp thing post emporer electricution fun.

in empire they fly from cloud city in the falcon picking up luke from the garbage chute.

spoilers?

-c

#28 9 years ago

In fact I cant remember a single scene in any movie involving transportation. Me thinks youve got your Star Trek and Star Wars mixed up

#29 9 years ago

We are such nerds. I love it

#30 9 years ago

Well what happens then Grinder? What's YOUR version?

I remember Chewbocca driving the ship, transporting them up, taking off and then Luke and Han come back and blow up the death star.

#31 9 years ago

Dude....there are no transporters in Star Wars. Trust me on this. Luke, Han, Leia all physically run into the Falcon and then it flies away because Obi dismantled the tractor beam. The death Star is blown up later in the rebels mass xwing attack. No transporters....

#32 9 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

At least there's the positive development that Disney rejected George Lucas' ideas for the new film. He's been creatively tapped out for 30 years.
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jan/21/star-wars-george-lucas-films-disney

Good. The "first" 3 prequel movies were awful. Who gives a crap about trade disputes and midichlorians. yawn. all BS. more holes in the plot than gobble holes in a row of wood rails.

Look at your fancy crazy space ships that somehow all disappeared in episodes 4,5 and 6.

-c

#33 9 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

what? Are you guys sure you didn't fall asleap there? there are no transporters in Star Wars.

For the record, Hawkeyepin is the only one who thinks there were transporters in Star Wars. The rest of us nerds that have seen it way too many times are arguing otherwise.

#34 9 years ago

There isn't MY version. There is just THE version. Pop some popcorn, pay attention and watch the classics again.

#35 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I remember Chewbocca driving the ship, transporting them up, taking off and then Luke and Han come back and blow up the death star.

Then right after that they stop at that diner and a little alien pops out of some guy's chest and starts dancing on the counter?

#36 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

your "version" ? what is this a religious debate?

-c

#37 9 years ago

Chewie piloted the ship directly after escaping the death star because Han was manning a gun to fight off tie fighters chasing them.....

No F'N transporters....none

#38 9 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Then right after that they stop at that diner and a little alien pops out of some guy's chest and starts dancing on the counter?

Bwhahahahahaha!!!!!

And then Arnold called Chewie one ugly mother F'er and ran to the choppa!!!

#39 9 years ago
    Quoted from fosaisu:

For the record, Hawkeyepin is the only one who thinks there were transporters in Star Wars. The rest of us nerds that have seen it way too many times are arguing otherwise.

Fair enough. Sorry for my blind misguided rage .

#40 9 years ago

Omg too funny

#41 9 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-star-wars

Whatever, you guys go to the above link from a year ago and I have proof about EVERYTHING I'm saying. Go down to number #95 then get back to me about no transporter.

#42 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

What actually happens in the movies has been spelled out 4 or 5 times now in this thread. If you don't believe us, go back and watch for yourselves.

Of course if George Lucas hadn't sold the Star Wars franchise he probably would have got around to releasing an "Extra Special Edition" with transporters retroactively added in. So maybe you saw a version of the films brought back from an alternate future where Lucas continues to tinker with and diminish them.

#43 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Every Star Wars pin I've ever played never does anything/gimmick with the teleporter or transporter or whatever. A sub field trough. Ball starts at one side, teleports to the other side etc. Seems easy enough.

???????? How do you outnerd a Star Wars nerd? I guess this is how you do it. I hear Spok is going to be hanging with Chewbacca in the new film Hawkeyepin.

#44 9 years ago

WHATEVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO ABOVE and THEN go to 95!!!!!!!!! I HAVE PROOOF!

#45 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Whatever, you guys go to the above link from a year ago and I have proof about EVERYTHING I'm saying. Go down to number #95 then get back to me about no transporter.

Funnier the first time! (I evidently thumbs-upped you over there a year ago but had forgotten).

#46 9 years ago

So I looked. Post 95 is you calling everyone nerds while simultaneously claiming your a real life bad ass.....

Congrats. You win. There are transporters in SW

#47 9 years ago

Uh wow. Ok ok I get it. You are trolling us just like you were trolling them in that thread last year. It's clear you've never seen a Star Wars or a Star Trek film. Jedi Knights vs Clingons? William Shatner doing voice overs?

Brilliant sir

#48 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Uh wow. Ok ok I get it. You are trolling us just like you were trolling them in that thread last year. It's clear you've never seen a Star Wars or a Star Trek film. Jedi Knights vs Clingons? William Shatner doing voice overs?
    Brilliant sir

Maybe so, but he had a girlfriend in high school and he's damn proud of it!

#49 9 years ago

Oh...OK so a real life badass that trolls threads. You sir are winning the game of life

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Jedi Knights vs Clingons?

What's a "Clingon?" I know some Klingons that would kill you for that, petaQ!

There are 67 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-as-a-upcoming-pin/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.