Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by fosaisu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which company should make a new Star Wars pin?”

• Stern 50 votes
      46%
    • Jersey Jack 34 votes
      31%
    • Other 4 votes
      4%
    • I dont want a new Star Wars pin so I could care less 20 votes
      19%

(108 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

facepalm.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pahuffman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 9 years ago

Even though the story is set "a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..." it still has a very futuristic feel to it. I went with JJP simply based on the fact that their machines feel more advanced in some ways due to the LCD. A Star Wars pin would benefit greatly from the use of an LCD. If Stern chose to go with this licence and use it to debut their LCD, then I'd be in. I'd like to see Lyman do the code. If they're going to do Star Wars, they have to do it right. A lot of people are hardcore about the franchise. Killer theme for a pin though. There's little doubt the films will be successful with JJ Abrams behind the helm.

#16 9 years ago
    Quoted from DefaultGen:

does Star Wars have transporters similar to Star Trek?

Not that I'm aware of. I'm a huge Trek fan, not so much Star Wars. I've seen all the films, but I havent' seen anything resembling a transporter.

#50 9 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Jedi Knights vs Clingons?

What's a "Clingon?" I know some Klingons that would kill you for that, petaQ!

#54 9 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

I didn't like the "Deep Space 9" series. "Voyager" was done a lot better IMHO.

I liked Voyager. Just finished it the other day. I just thought DS9 was more to my liking. My favorite is still the original series.

#56 9 years ago

It is interesting that Stern just came out with a computer system that takes up significantly less space in the backbox than the old one. It just leads me to believe there will at least be an LCD option soon. I can't think of any pin to debut it with than a new Star Wars pin. Maybe they'll even base it off the standalone film coming in 2016 along with the one this year. If there is enough info out about the next one, they may do something like the Hobbit where they incorporate elements from each movie in the series.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pahuffman.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-as-a-upcoming-pin?tu=pahuffman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.