5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 67 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by fosaisu
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which company should make a new Star Wars pin?”

• Stern 50 votes
      46%
    • Jersey Jack 34 votes
      31%
    • Other 4 votes
      4%
    • I dont want a new Star Wars pin so I could care less 20 votes
      19%

(108 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

facepalm.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 5 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

So you want to see a fat old Carrie Fisher running around still trying to be relevant to the rebellion?
    -c

Yeah it's 20+ years too late to have the original cast star in these movies. The cameo approach is OK, though it has to be handled delicately or it will just be lame and distracting. The new movies have to stand on their own, and I hope they just take advantage of the Star Wars universe as a great setting rather than trying to mooch off the legacy of the original series.

At least there's the positive development that Disney rejected George Lucas' ideas for the new film. He's been creatively tapped out for 30 years.
    http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/jan/21/star-wars-george-lucas-films-disney

#23 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Pretty sure that's not accurate. Princess Leia was transported in a miniature version and then before Luke blew up the deathstar...she was transported to safety.

I think the "miniature Princess Leia" you're thinking of was a hologram recording R2-D2 was carrying around (so basically a video recording of her). She wasn't "transported" around in that form.

As for Leia getting off the Death Star, in Star Wars there's 20+ minutes of the movie where Luke and Han end up on the Death Star and physically rescue her, so she's no longer on the Death Star immediately before it blows up. And when Lando and Chewie blow up the Death Star again (!?!) in Return of the Jedi, she's down on planet Endor with Han and the Ewoks.

Maybe there were transporters added in the newer trilogy (I didn't care for them so only saw them once) but I'm pretty sure that transporters are a Star Trek thing.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

...but she gets transported up into the ship before the death star blows up...in fact, Luke and Han get transported up into the ship before it takes off. I think that's what you mean.

No idea what scene you're referring to here.

If you're talking about the original Star Wars, and how Luke, Leah and Han get back onto the Millenium Falcon while it's sitting in the bay on the Death Star, they use their feet and run up the ramp (this is after they escape the garbage compactor, with Luke and Han wearing storm trooper suits). I don't think any of them return to the Death Star after that.

If you're talking about Return of the Jedi, I don't think Leia is ever on the Death Star in that one.

#33 5 years ago
    Quoted from CraigC:

what? Are you guys sure you didn't fall asleap there? there are no transporters in Star Wars.

For the record, Hawkeyepin is the only one who thinks there were transporters in Star Wars. The rest of us nerds that have seen it way too many times are arguing otherwise.

#42 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

Well what happens then Grinder? What's YOUR version?
    I remember Chewbocca driving the ship, transporting them up, taking off and then Luke and Han come back and blow up the death star.

What actually happens in the movies has been spelled out 4 or 5 times now in this thread. If you don't believe us, go back and watch for yourselves.

Of course if George Lucas hadn't sold the Star Wars franchise he probably would have got around to releasing an "Extra Special Edition" with transporters retroactively added in. So maybe you saw a version of the films brought back from an alternate future where Lucas continues to tinker with and diminish them.

#45 5 years ago
    Quoted from Hawkeyepin:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/jjp-star-wars
    Whatever, you guys go to the above link from a year ago and I have proof about EVERYTHING I'm saying. Go down to number #95 then get back to me about no transporter.

Funnier the first time! (I evidently thumbs-upped you over there a year ago but had forgotten).

#48 5 years ago
    Quoted from Grinder901:

Uh wow. Ok ok I get it. You are trolling us just like you were trolling them in that thread last year. It's clear you've never seen a Star Wars or a Star Trek film. Jedi Knights vs Clingons? William Shatner doing voice overs?
    Brilliant sir

Maybe so, but he had a girlfriend in high school and he's damn proud of it!

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from thearcadegeek:

I'd like to see a classic trilogy LE...

This would be a no-brainer if they can get the rights, and would likely mean that the LEs and Premiums would outsell the Pros. I think George Lucas was butt hurt about people disliking the prequels and might have been stingier with the original SW licensing as a result. Hopefully Disney will just view it as a business transaction.

It's funny to think that the licensing revenue from pinball must be far, far less than tooth brushes, lunch boxes or band aids. Puts a bit of perspective on why license holders don't want to waste their time approving original art, and instead make manufacturers stick with pre-approved clip art.

Post edited by fosaisu: typo

#67 5 years ago
    Quoted from Captain_Kirk:

That's what I'm saying. It was heavily re-written from Lucas' original script.

Maybe they flipped Lucas' script over and used the blank page backs to write the new script? That's how it sounds to me (and I'm hoping that's true).

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 7,399.00
    Pinball Machine
    Nitro Pinball Shop
    $ 79.99
    Cabinet - Armor And Blades
    PinGraffix Pinside Shop
    Pinball Machine
    Music City Pinball
    $ 6.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Siegecraft Electronics
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 69.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    € 8.10
    Flipper Parts
    Buthamburg
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    Electronics
    TheDudeMods
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Creo Pinball
    $ 4.00
    Electronics
    Z-connector (24 pin) Out of stock
    Professor Pinball
    $ 7.00
    $ 29.50
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 12.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Meph's Mods
    $ 29.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    The GameRoom Store
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 1,000.00
    $ 22.00
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 14.95

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider fosaisu.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside