(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 months ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 48 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#34 1 year ago

Same price as a GZ premium? No way this price can be justified in my head.

#408 1 year ago
Quoted from Zablon:

That's the risk for all..and I don't think you've been paying attention. All the companies require a down payment and usually non refundable and then you have to wait forever to get the game (except in many cases with Stern but in the last year that's even been a problem). You aren't telling anyone anything they don't already know.

I paid no money down on my GZ premium. Free shipping was offered as well but I paid an upcharge to ship to Alaska in all fairness. I doubt anyone else will ship here for 500 though.

#540 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

It's getting old with everyone comparing GZ to every other game. It's like you dated this extremely hot person early in your life and abstain from having sex with others cause they were the hottest piece of ass ever. Elwin will have a hard time topping GZ much less any other game to come out in the future.

It's just the fact that GZ premium is cheaper (considering free shipping is offered and some can get below msrp apparently) so it's what the bar is set at for cost vs value in people's minds. Less game for more money doesn't make sense to everyone.

#616 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

You consider 100ish sales to be validate a 9K price? So many people on this thread said it would insta sell out. I’m glad the market responded the way it did. The pricing is just absurd. Spooky fans aside, I just don’t see how you can rationally look at a TNA and Godzilla premium side by side and think they represent equal value. It may be a great game but the pricing is just out of whack with the competition. I am sure Stern is watching, hopefully they are getting the message that the price ceiling has been hit.

Agreed. If more opinions slanted the other direction it would already be sold-out and listed higher by the flippers.

#619 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Well over 100 people as of now are paying above 9k to own it and more to come, sounds like more opinions slant the other way.

The poll says otherwise, but they only need 250 to agree that it's worth 9k. Definitely more opinions say it's not worth 9k.

#622 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

A poll that only Pinsiders vote in is your proof? Not every collector/buyer is on Pinside.

No, the fact that it has not sold out yet. I know they will sell but you stated that more people think it is worth 9k over those who do not and if that were the case it would have sold out instantly.

#624 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

A poll that only Pinsiders vote in is your proof? Not every collector/buyer is on Pinside.

It's more odd that you think 100 people buying means that the overall opinion is slanted to meaning it is worth it.

#627 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

many are lurkers living normal lives without Pinside.

Wait, what??? That's a thing?

#640 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

TNA is/was a fun homebrew pin. Bit of a one trick pony, but that's ok. When it first came out for $6k I thought it should've been $5k, which was Stern Pro pricing at the time, due to how basic it was. At $9k it is the worst value in NIB pinball. But there seems to be a lot of newer guys in the hobby willing to pay whatever. I've read some posts where these guys are literally thanking the pinball companies for jacking the price, and thanking them for the opportunity to get bent over for 5 figures. It's very odd. It didn't used to be this way.

Wait, they are thanking them for a price increase? Seriously? What is the reasoning behind this?

#652 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:I think the game will sell out, only been available to club members for 10 hours and not even available to the general public yet. My reply was to Loganpinball about over 100 people paying above 9k versus his sole opinion it wasn't worth it.

I understand that but my point is it's not his sole opinion and is in fact the overwhelming majority opinion. Luckily for them they do not need the majority to think this way though. They are only looking for 250 who will pay it and I agree they will likely find them.

#658 1 year ago

Where are the 2 who bet $50 on whether it would sell in 24 hrs? Or was that the other thread? Wonder what the total is now on amount sold.

#715 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

It is funny that people keep saying plus tax and shipping. You can say that about every game (except Stern has free shipping) but you could say CGC is $xx plus tax and shipping and JJP is $xx plus tax and shipping etc. Can't you just ignore the tax if it's the same, and if shipping is the straw that breaks the camels back than it's obviously not something you want badly.
If someone wanted a topper and it was $800 plus tax and shipping would you say, I was in but the tax and shipping killed it?
CCr (LE) or CCr SE+ both cost $9250 (plus tax and shipping) and (may) offer a lot more kinetic satisfaction (for $250 more than TNA). This makes CCr a good deal if you want the game. The topper on CCr alone is worth a good deal, the LE has shaker, art blades as well. Bang for the buck CCr is better than TNA.
But not everyone needs to get the final last ounce of value out of every purchase. If I was looking to buy a watch and one cost $7K and one cost $9K what do I do? Just always buy the cheaper watch? If that's so why can't I just buy a watch for $40 and be done with it?

Stern premiums also have money built into the cost to support their distributors.

#718 1 year ago

I think most who have issue with the price would also argue that a Stern is already overpriced but the price is what it is and we are stuck with it. I also find it odd that everyone is defending this price instead of being honest and saying "yeah the price sux, but I want the game so oh well". I could at least respect that perspective.

#751 1 year ago
Quoted from snyper2099:

This makes about as much sense as paying 9K for a Ghostbusters Pro but hey, that's apparently a thing now so... who the F cares how people spend their money? Who the hell cares if you are getting one or not? Preorder models sucks. I will never preorder anything. Not a video game, not an auto, and certainly not a 9K adult toy.

Well it's kinda what we do. If we don't discuss it and complain what would we do with out time when we should be working and such?

#800 1 year ago

So this has not sold out yet?

#811 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

So this has not sold out yet?

This was a legit question. I don't have a fang membership to actually look to see if they are available. Not trolling you guys

#813 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Still available to add in cart.

Thanks. I imagine they will still sell out. Will be interesting to watch anyway.

#827 1 year ago
Quoted from Sorokyl:

Ok guys I am medium-seriously considering this for my 2nd pin (first being a 3 month old Godzilla Prem), because I do love the game (have played it at local arcade) There's been enough of an argument about price. it is what it is. Pretty much all the other pins I would want (used) are in the same ballpark, or close enough. What I'm trying to get advice on is if it's a bad idea to get a TNA for a small collection just based on the relatively simple ruleset, so seeking advice from more experienced collectors
If i had to pick 5 other games in contention for #2 it would be IMDN('23 final run?), MB, LOTR, Hobbit, MM('23 rerun).
Even MB/MM, which have a bit more going on than TNA, i have all but ruled out because they're still not as deep as the newer games. (plus, local arcade has both)
In a bigger collection, obviously not every game needs to have a super complex ruleset and 3 wizard modes, but in a smaller collection.. maybe?
Still, timing is important. I can pick up LOTR or Hobbit over the next few years just as easily as I can now. Of course I could pick up TNA used also, but its a lot easier/nicer just to get it new, and this is a rare opportunity it seems.
thoughts?

If you are looking for brutal and fast, get a Pinbot for 3k or less.

#849 1 year ago

When does early access for fang clubbers end? Wondering if a few will come through after that or not. Would be curious to know how many are left at this point but I doubt we will get that type of info.

#850 1 year ago
Quoted from McDoom:

How do you figure? I think it will hold its value at a decent rate.

Not sure it will go up in value if it's still for sale NIB. If demand was there for 9k it would sell out. Although there are always gonna be new people entering the hobby down the road who missed the NIB boat. Time will tell

1 week later
#991 1 year ago
Quoted from Deez:It's just a bunch of cheap asses that couldn't afford it at 7k either whining to those that have the means.
It's a freaking toy. None of it makes financial sense.
Such an idiotic entitled attitude to act like spooky is ripping you off because you can't afford their new toy. They don't owe you anything.

Wrong. It has more to do with price compared to other mfgs and what is in the game. Just bought a GZ premium and a TNA would cost me more for what is much less of a game in my opinion. CGC also offering so much more for less.

#1017 1 year ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Buy what you like right? Tough competing with a GZ premium and a Cactus right now. And Bond is up next Tuesday.
Looks like they are up to 133 at least, 150 or so? That’s still pretty good.

Yeah, I still think it will sellout eventually. I only took issue with him saying others can't afford the game which is why they are upset over the price. Just bad taste.

#1018 1 year ago
Quoted from trecemaneras:

Correct on all counts except mechs. TNA has more mechs than GZ premium. I’d guess you’d have to go back to the 90’s and one of Lawlor’s 6 pop bumper games to find a game with more mechs than TNA.

Help me understand this. As someone who is not as familiar with the game as an owner of it, I don't see how this is true. What is missing on this "details" page as far as mechs?

Screenshot_20220916-072204_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220916-072204_Chrome (resized).jpg
#1021 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I don't see the two VUK's listed that it has or the slings in the reactor area.

But he says it has more than a GZ premium. Doesn't seem correct to me, but I may be missing something.

#1022 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I don't see the two VUK's listed that it has or the slings in the reactor area.

Two VUKs or 2 scoops?

#1026 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

I'm not making that argument so have to take it up with him.

Ok, wasn't sure if I was missing something or not.

#1042 1 year ago
Quoted from trilogybeer:

I consider a mech as an assembly that is controlled by a coil or coils and interacts with the ball. TNA has 3 flippers, 2 scoops, 1 pop bumper, 5 slingshots, 3 controllable drop targets ( 2 coils each) and 2 controllable ball gates. There is a lot more going going on in TNA than people realize. While nothing may jump out as a centerpiece main mech of the game it is all the other mechs and how they are controlled that make this game a unique playing game.
Another thing to consider is the lighting in the game every lamp on the playfield is an individually controlled RGB led which allows TNA to have the best light shows in pinball.

I get it. I see the building, the VUK and the ball lock as 3 features alone. Magna grab, captive ball, mecha godzilla spinner, mechagodzilla magnet, bridge and scoop as well. I think TNA is great, but not as feature rich in mechs is all. Again, it doesn't make it less or more of a game, just s preference thing.

2 weeks later
#1235 1 year ago

This is a "in or out?" thread. Expect some back and forth and differing opinions and comparing of games. If you want the rose colored glasses and similar opinions, go to the club thread and enjoy.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Virginia Beach, VA
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 43.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Valley Center, KS
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tomass.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/spooky-tna-rerun-are-you-in-or-out?tu=tomass and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.