(Topic ID: 321343)

Spooky TNA remake announced - you in or out?

By Vino

1 year ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,698 posts
  • 292 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by mrm_4
  • Topic is favorited by 45 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“TNA remake - are you in or out?”

• Finally! I’m in! 74 votes
    12%
  • I’m out - no thanks 517 votes
    83%
  • Mayyybe - give reason 33 votes
    5%

(624 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

CCA45F02-CCD3-4A80-8011-A1722E7A5035 (resized).jpeg
BC5F4B1A-B237-480D-B544-02716497298F (resized).jpeg
0670E324-8222-4AE5-9C17-4DA3123E6D9D.gif
D16B8705-BA6F-4390-BB6D-7C17396EADB7 (resized).jpeg
34FAC7F6-FCCB-461D-82DE-670E212291E3 (resized).jpeg
20230103_212116 (resized).jpg
20230103_211607 (resized).jpg
20230103_211615 (resized).jpg
20230103_193928 (resized).jpg
20230103_204537 (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
A3A696BC-7792-4144-AAF8-7D1E18079A88 (resized).jpeg
F121382D-373C-4473-B6F7-161498EF4BAC (resized).jpeg
05F76F2C-C2D6-407E-A589-D3045EEF116F (resized).jpeg
A72DAB09-0BE9-497B-ABE9-957C97396E3D (resized).jpeg
E14F3DAC-59BE-4323-B453-A333CC0A64D5 (resized).jpeg
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 34.
#601 1 year ago
Quoted from o07eleven:

Is there an update for this possibly? The drop targets for locks are transparent with the 2.0, so I wouldn't want to put these on since they're opaque and lose a bit on the effect. I've seen some cut vinyl stickers of radiation logos for the transparent drops. I guess I could just cut out the hex logo in the middle and apply that?

I got you. Pick them up on Saturday.

3d2b870dfdac06139f413a0864d2cc44af4c0d19.jpg3d2b870dfdac06139f413a0864d2cc44af4c0d19.jpg
#602 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

I think I called it guys, give me some credit. The pinball market is done for a short time. Don't worry it will be back. I think it just needs a break.

Damn, you sound like the K man

#603 1 year ago

I have #99. Todd

#604 1 year ago
Quoted from spooky_dj:

So... y'all want some free, signed, topper toppers?
[quoted image]

The signed toppers are an awesome touch!

...but level 2 is to get Charlie, KT, bangerjay, Sara Rose and the Lionman himself! (And the "Bryan Kelly Sucks" quote - a brief moment of pure honesty from CE).

* little known fact- Bryan_Kelly owned *2* TNAs at the same time at one point.

ED6594A9-B98D-43A3-AF11-01EDEFD7CDF1 (resized).jpegED6594A9-B98D-43A3-AF11-01EDEFD7CDF1 (resized).jpeg

#605 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The signed toppers are an awesome touch!
...but level 2 is to get Charlie, KT, bangerjay, Sara Rose and the Lionman himself! (And the "Bryan Kelly Sucks" quote - a brief moment of pure honesty from CE).
* little known fact- Bryan_Kelly owned *2* TNAs at the same time at one point.
[quoted image]

Level 2 is awesome but....

Level 3 is get everyone to sign a playfield including LIONMAN himself!

signed (resized).jpgsigned (resized).jpg

Level 4 is to get a BJ from Charlie, which I passed on that One.

#606 1 year ago
Quoted from Tyler_Durden:

I think I called it guys, give me some credit. The pinball market is done for a short time. Don't worry it will be back. I think it just needs a break.

I think you need to go touch some grass.

#607 1 year ago

I own tna and it is not a 9k machine. There are a bunch of recent stern pros with better artwork, cabinets, video and just gameplay for much less. Tna is a good game, if they redid artwork and other improvements yes, but as it sits no. They will sell as we allow it as buyers. I own a toy story and thats even worse. I am cringing at the thought of Stern hiking prices again, but jjp and spooky are showing its viable…

#608 1 year ago
Quoted from Loganpinball:

I own tna and it is not a 9k machine. There are a bunch of recent stern pros with better artwork, cabinets, video and just gameplay for much less. Tna is a good game, if they redid artwork and other improvements yes, but as it sits no. They will sell as we allow it as buyers. I own a toy story and thats even worse. I am cringing at the thought of Stern hiking prices again, but jjp and spooky are showing its viable…

I disagree (kinda?). If the new batch sells out then apparently it is worth 9k.

Love mine after owning 110 other top rated pins. It is never leaving my collection

To me I wouldn't sell my used TNA with Butter cabinet for anything less than 9k.

#609 1 year ago

I own tna and it is not a 9k machine.

Well over 100 people as of now are paying above 9k to own it and more to come, sounds like more opinions slant the other way.

#610 1 year ago

but jjp and spooky are showing its viable…

Not sure about that.. I have to think that if JJP could go back in time and mulligan the TS4 launch and pricing etc.. maybe they would... having people sell order deposits at a loss just doesn't look good.

... and TNA 2.0 is still available.. I actually thought it would be sold out by now (I've no doubt, it will sell out over the next day or two). Still, I'm not sure what the marketing goal for pinball is, do you have the single limited run that maintains the sense of rarity, but at a cost.. or do you determine if you can sell out a 500 unit run at 8k and maybe keep more people happy? Historically, it seems like Spooky releases are sold quick as a rare commodity...

#611 1 year ago

I'm curious, what would you sell your copy of TNA for?

#612 1 year ago
Quoted from turbo2nr:

I disagree (kinda?). If the new batch sells out then apparently it is worth 9k.
Love mine after owning 110 other top rated pins. It is never leaving my collection
To me I wouldn't sell my used TNA with Butter cabinet for anything less than 9k.

Butter cabinet… anyone have a photo comparing the two?? Or is it something you need to see in person?

#613 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Butter cabinet… anyone have a photo comparing the two?? Or is it something you need to see in person?

It's something you have to "touch" in person.

#614 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

Well over 100 people as of now are paying above 9k to own it and more to come, sounds like more opinions slant the other way.

You consider 100ish sales to be validate a 9K price? So many people on this thread said it would insta sell out. I’m glad the market responded the way it did. The pricing is just absurd. Spooky fans aside, I just don’t see how you can rationally look at a TNA and Godzilla premium side by side and think they represent equal value. It may be a great game but the pricing is just out of whack with the competition. I am sure Stern is watching, hopefully they are getting the message that the price ceiling has been hit.

#615 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Spooky cab art material(?) in general is great. I honestly don't think you can get a real good feel from a photo the difference between butter and normal.

#616 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

You consider 100ish sales to be validate a 9K price? So many people on this thread said it would insta sell out. I’m glad the market responded the way it did. The pricing is just absurd. Spooky fans aside, I just don’t see how you can rationally look at a TNA and Godzilla premium side by side and think they represent equal value. It may be a great game but the pricing is just out of whack with the competition. I am sure Stern is watching, hopefully they are getting the message that the price ceiling has been hit.

Agreed. If more opinions slanted the other direction it would already be sold-out and listed higher by the flippers.

#617 1 year ago

#-40 here, Yes it’s expensive, but I have no problem paying the money knowing a young talented person is getting part of it. Rick Morty is phenomenal and iam sure TNA 2.0’will be even better. Hopefully Scott will make more games!!!

#618 1 year ago
Quoted from JSC:

You consider 100ish sales to be validate a 9K price? So many people on this thread said it would insta sell out. I’m glad the market responded the way it did. The pricing is just absurd. Spooky fans aside, I just don’t see how you can rationally look at a TNA and Godzilla premium side by side and think they represent equal value. It may be a great game but the pricing is just out of whack with the competition.

The game will sell out eventually, over 100 at this point in time. I saw a few people say it would sell out instantly but that's not most. Whatever number you think validates a 9k price is probably above the 250 that Spooky plans to make anyway.

#619 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

The poll says otherwise, but they only need 250 to agree that it's worth 9k. Definitely more opinions say it's not worth 9k.

#620 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

The poll says otherwise, but they only need 250 to agree that it's worth 9k. Definitely more opinions say it's not worth 9k.

A poll that only Pinsiders vote in is your proof? Not every collector/buyer is on Pinside.

#621 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

A poll that only Pinsiders vote in is your proof? Not every collector/buyer is on Pinside.

Ditto.. many are lurkers living normal lives without Pinside. I happen to stumble on this site from KLOV community.

Otherwise, I’d never know about this forum, but still be a pinball customer.

#622 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

No, the fact that it has not sold out yet. I know they will sell but you stated that more people think it is worth 9k over those who do not and if that were the case it would have sold out instantly.

#623 1 year ago

For every noisy forum warrior there’s a dozen quiet, normal humans who avoid wading into Pinside. A forum thread where some people say they’re not buying TNA doesn’t mean it’s not selling well.

#624 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

It's more odd that you think 100 people buying means that the overall opinion is slanted to meaning it is worth it.

#625 1 year ago

I’m kind of glad this didn’t sell out immediately (for purely selfish reasons).
The announcement of this game came at kind of a strange time for me financially. I’ll most likely be one of the people placing and order in the next month or so if they are still available. If not, I’ll wait until someone needs to sell a deposit.
I suspect this will be a machine that continues to sell as the run is being produced, if it doesn’t sell out before that.

#626 1 year ago

My 2-cents about “Butter ” I always wondered and dreamed about a “Butter”!cabinet for my pinball machine. Well my dreams came true with Halloween CE-680, it is truly something special, I couldn’t contain myself from touching it and staring at it. The only issue is Halloween was the absolute Worst pinball machine I have ever played and it only lasted 2-weeks in my home. Can’t wait for another Butter machine!!

#627 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

many are lurkers living normal lives without Pinside.

Wait, what??? That's a thing?

#628 1 year ago
Quoted from manadams:

The game will sell out eventually, over 100 at this point in time. I saw a few people say it would sell out instantly but that's not most. Whatever number you think validates a 9k price is probably above the 250 that Spooky plans to make anyway.

It would have sold out in an hour if they had of allowed distributors to buy games like they have for past releases. But it will sell out for sure at some point. I think the original run of 550 games took over a year to sell.

I know this is a strange concept for people that are new to the hobby, but prior to 2020 it was very common for a distributor to have tons of titles in stock. Even LEs were typically available for many months.

#629 1 year ago

Well well, I guess the people have spoken and I for one am glad that people came to their senses and it didn't sell out in minutes and it's still very much available. Especially when the number is as small as 250. There will always be, big sharks in the field and I expected sales but I'm glad our wallets spoke today and I'm hoping someone at spooky listened.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#630 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:It would have sold out in an hour if they had of allowed distributors to buy games like they have for past releases. But it will sell out for sure at some point. I think the original run of 550 games took over a year to sell.
I know this is a strange concept for people that are new to the hobby, but prior to 2020 it was very common for a distributor to have tons of titles in stock. Even LEs were typically available for many months.

TNA is a cool game that has always appealed to me. Despite the steep price, I'd be more tempted to get in on this latest run if I wasn't already in on this (new gameplay video link below);

#631 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

TNA is a cool game that has always appealed to me. Despite the steep price, I'd be more tempted to get in on this latest run if I wasn't already in on this (new gameplay video link below);

The correct answer is "both"! I'm in on that one too, but there's no telling when it will arrive. I'm guessing 2023ish.

TNA is special and unique - it will always have a place in my collection.

#632 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

My first TNA was no - butter bottom picture.

My second TNA is butter. Glossy. Lots of reflections.

2042294A-4481-4446-BBF3-B71172049EA8 (resized).jpeg2042294A-4481-4446-BBF3-B71172049EA8 (resized).jpeg78125AB0-4F4E-443D-B889-42C7F21D335B (resized).jpeg78125AB0-4F4E-443D-B889-42C7F21D335B (resized).jpeg

#633 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It would have sold out in an hour if they had of allowed distributors to buy games like they have for past releases. But it will sell out for sure at some point. I think the original run of 550 games took over a year to sell.

You mean fake sold out..like the other titles? Calling around to different distros trying to find a game is annoying. Being able to just go to the website and know is far simpler. Dividing 250 games up would have just annoyed people up more because there wouldn't have been many at each.

#634 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

The correct answer is "both"! I'm in on that one too, but there's no telling when it will arrive. I'm guessing 2023ish.
TNA is special and unique - it will always have a place in my collection.

I'm getting Fathom as well, TNA has got me interested in a street level pin, and I know old games are there but I still love the color changing LEDs and improved sound etc..

I'll put them next to each other whenever Fathom shows up.

#635 1 year ago

Fathom Mermaid is pinball sex.

#636 1 year ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

Butter is sweet but I don’t see it being worth it on TNA side art is kinda plain .

In regards to other manufacturers raising prices if they are smart they won’t . I think they are just right , still high IMO but at the level people are not flinching . Up much more unless it’s Elwin’s next game not gonna sell out . The economy is slowing down .

#637 1 year ago

Somebody mentioned they just got 73? It would be a smart move to spread out the sold numbers 1-2-3-49-68-99- and say its over hundred.

#638 1 year ago

Haggis is one hell of a game builder. Celts is a rock but Fathom Mermaid edition is over the top loaded inside and out!

#639 1 year ago

TNA is/was a fun homebrew pin. Bit of a one trick pony, but that's ok. When it first came out for $6k I thought it should've been $5k, which was Stern Pro pricing at the time, due to how basic it was. At $9k it is the worst value in NIB pinball. But there seems to be a lot of newer guys in the hobby willing to pay whatever. I've read some posts where these guys are literally thanking the pinball companies for jacking the price, and thanking them for the opportunity to get bent over for 5 figures. It's very odd. It didn't used to be this way.

#640 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

TNA is/was a fun homebrew pin. Bit of a one trick pony, but that's ok. When it first came out for $6k I thought it should've been $5k, which was Stern Pro pricing at the time, due to how basic it was. At $9k it is the worst value in NIB pinball. But there seems to be a lot of newer guys in the hobby willing to pay whatever. I've read some posts where these guys are literally thanking the pinball companies for jacking the price, and thanking them for the opportunity to get bent over for 5 figures. It's very odd. It didn't used to be this way.

Wait, they are thanking them for a price increase? Seriously? What is the reasoning behind this?

#642 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

Wait, they are thanking them for a price increase? Seriously? What is the reasoning behind this?

BUT you get a free topper

#643 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

It's more odd that you think 100 people buying means that the overall opinion is slanted to meaning it is worth it.

I think the game will sell out, only been available to club members for 10 hours and not even available to the general public yet. My reply was to Loganpinball about over 100 people paying above 9k versus his sole opinion it wasn't worth it.

#644 1 year ago
Quoted from Tomass:

485434C3-2AF4-4C22-B611-57A92881237C (resized).png485434C3-2AF4-4C22-B611-57A92881237C (resized).png
#645 1 year ago

There is alot going on in TNA that is not immediately obvious. Stern has mastered the art of making a game looked packed on top when in fact it is mostly plastics, good art and a ramp or 2. I know it gets said alot, but someone post an under PF pic of TNA vs say Godzilla Pro. And then raise the volume.

Regardless, I think we may be finally finding the price ceiling. TS4 is a slow burn, TNA has sold well but not sold out. It's not a bad thing at all. Purchasing without FOMO but rather because you like a game and want to buy it.

#646 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

TS4 is a slow burn

More like crash and burn!

#647 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There is alot going on in TNA that is not immediately obvious. Stern has mastered the art of making a game looked packed on top when in fact it is mostly plastics, good art and a ramp or 2. I know it gets said alot, but someone post an under PF pic of TNA vs say Godzilla Pro.
Regardless, I think we may be finally finding the price ceiling. TS4 is a slow burn, TNA has sold well but not sold out. It's not a bad thing at all. Purchasing without FOMO but rather because you like a game and want to buy it.

I bought this game after few years playing the game at Expos and on location. I’m hate that this price is high, but I can swallow this with pride compared to TS4.

Like I’ve said before not all games need to be deep, full of Mechs, ramps…
As long as the game appears to be well executed, desire to play more.. then it’s a winner.

That Fantom looks freakin cool. Gotta appreciate simple layouts.

#648 1 year ago
Quoted from frankmac:

My first TNA was no - butter bottom picture.
My second TNA is butter. Glossy. Lots of reflections.
[quoted image][quoted image]

thanks!!!!

#649 1 year ago

Does anyone know what's the price for butter on the TNA 2.0.

#650 1 year ago
Quoted from cooked71:

There is alot going on in TNA that is not immediately obvious. Stern has mastered the art of making a game looked packed on top when in fact it is mostly plastics, good art and a ramp or 2. I know it gets said alot, but someone post an under PF pic of TNA vs say Godzilla Pro. And then raise the volume.

How is around 100 sales selling well? That is a microscopic subset of people. Overpriced TS4 probably was a couple thousand units.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 33.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Nerd Decals

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
ScottieIA Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Baltimore, MD
$ 129.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Apron Envy

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 169.95
Lighting - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

7,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 1,698 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 34.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.