(Topic ID: 120475)

Skit-B Predator Pinball, where do you stand?

By hassellcastle

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by lowepg
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Where do you stand with Predator Pinball”

• I've pre-ordered and I'm still waiting for my game. 56 votes
    47%
  • I got out and received my deposit back. 38 votes
    32%
  • I want out and have been unable to get my deposit back. 25 votes
    21%

(119 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thats what she said.jpg
87.jpg
image-80.jpg
image.jpg
blinkered.jpg
image.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

As soon as Kevin demanded $3000 (as opposed to the agreed deposit of $250) I was out the same day he sent that demand letter. I got a refund very quickly form PayPal.

Kevin claimed he had a long list of people eager to take my spot, but I think it took a lot of stones for him to demand $3000 from each and every pre-order. That would be like if PPS demanded $6000 from every MMR pre-order 6-8 months ago.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Was the deposit refundable or non-refundable?

I don't believe it should matter since the games were promised shortly after the deposits or beginning in 2014. Kevin did not ship any games so IMO the deposits were taken in bad faith, or under false promise of delivery.

#19 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

Kevin did not ship any games yet.
I don't understand why someone would ask for a refund on a non-refundable deposit.

I don't understand why Kevin would sanitize his website do that it doesn't mention the machine and take down all videos and pics of the machine that he has the power to do so.

A lot of things don't make sense. Don't pass the smell test if you know what I mean.

I don't think 'non-refundable' is enforceable at this point.

IMO

I'm not a lawyer but I know Kevin has collected a lot of money for zero delivery. How long do you think the grace period should be? 6 month? 6 years? You say it's non-refundable as if they means Kevin is under no law statutes to deliver a pin in a timely manner.

#21 9 years ago

I don't think its a long con, but if someone is worried about Kevin's behavior (who isn't?) I think it's only fair for Kevin either to prove he has the license and ship the pins or to refund the deposits.

#22 9 years ago

Much love for unique pinball and small runs, but if he can't get his act together he needs to say why and give a true timetable and see if people still want to wait or get out.

Demand letter said the games would be shipping in 2014 now we're 1/4 way into 2015.

#25 9 years ago

Whysnow you make a lot of great points always, but you never seem to see that someon can disagree with you.

Here is something regarding deposits for goods

http://www.consumerhelp.ie/paying-deposits

image.jpgimage.jpg

#28 9 years ago
Quoted from ZenTron:

. **If it was to take him 6 years to make the pin, it will take 6 years. If someone wants their money back, they can sue and would probably lose. **

I bet you are wrong about that. Any lawyers want to weigh in?

#30 9 years ago

You are correct, but Kevin is pushing the limits of good conduct, he will be one and done if he keeps up his current antics.

#35 9 years ago

I am in full support of all you guys in line for the game, I just like to point out when a vendor is acting stupidly.

Kevin and Jpop have ruined it for Riot Pinball.

#40 9 years ago

I looked at the letter again, it did not say refundable but it did not say non-refundible either.

It did say they would be shipping games in a few short months and the letter was dated 9 months ago.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

If it matters, I got out when the 3K letter came in. If that letter asked for the first 10 or 20 in line to come up with the 3K it would have been different. Asking everybody in line for that spooked me. Never thought he was underhanded, just over his head?

This is what I'm saying. If I'm number 247 and they're making 25 pins a month, that's 10 months after they start building which will be 10 months or more after the demand of $3000. No way I'm paying $3000 for a 20 month wait.

Also, not saying I can see the future, but I really didn't think Kevin has his shit together and when Aaron was gone, it didn't make me feel any better.

One kid with a ski cap, sorry I'm not impressed.

#91 9 years ago

I would consider one without all the pre order drama.

#102 9 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I was in till I played the game at TPF in 2014. Debated staying in but never sent in more money beyond the $250. Finally ended the internal debate I was having when Stern announced IM VE.

87.jpg87.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider rai.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-predator-pinball-where-do-you-stand?tu=rai and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.