(Topic ID: 120475)

Skit-B Predator Pinball, where do you stand?

By hassellcastle

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by lowepg
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Where do you stand with Predator Pinball”

• I've pre-ordered and I'm still waiting for my game. 56 votes
    47%
  • I got out and received my deposit back. 38 votes
    32%
  • I want out and have been unable to get my deposit back. 25 votes
    21%

(119 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

thats what she said.jpg
87.jpg
image-80.jpg
image.jpg
blinkered.jpg
image.jpg
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 9 years ago

make that

11 still in.
4 got out earlier and got money back.
1 recently asked for money and has not gotten it back yet.

If anything this poll vs reality of people posting shows the truth behind many people and their desire to vote in polls to change a perception.

14? people supposedly not getting a refund but only 1 willing to post that reality publicaly in the thread <insert eye roll>

#52 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

make that
11 still in.
If anything this poll vs reality of people posting shows the truth behind many people and their desire to vote in polls to change a perception.
14? peoepl supposedly not getting a refund but only 1 willing to post that reality <insert eye roll>

If you go back to the recent posts of the "official" thread, you will see at least 5 guys (myself included) who have asked for a refund and not gotten it and made posts about it.

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

If you go back to the recent posts of the "official" thread, you will see at least 5 guys (myself included) who have asked for a refund and not gotten it and made posts about it.

I don't dount there are more than 1 that have asked, esp those that have asked more recently (since the recent blow up). However, 14 annonymous voters in the poll makes my point pretty clearly.

Either way, the last round of people asking for refunds appeared to have all been granted from many accounts. It may have taken some time, but that trend is comforting, even if Jared and others want it to be concerning to you.

#54 9 years ago

I'll be going on a month soon, since I first asked for a refund. Long before the recent blow up, but bad timing on my part none the less.

#55 9 years ago

Whysnow. You floor me man.
The poll is simply to show where people stand and hopefully those that are voting are those that should.
And because you dont like the results you are seeing you assume the poll is fixed. Good grief!

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

The poll is simply to show where people stand and hopefully those that are voting are those that should.
And because you dont like the results you are seeing you assume the poll is fixed. Good grief!

Kind of like this....

blinkered.jpgblinkered.jpg
#57 9 years ago

That is not the case at all.

I am simply pointing out that if you actually wanted to get an accurate count rather than pushing an obvious agenda, you would have asked for a more accountable tally rather than annonymous polling.

Your poll perfectly points out the inaccuracy of your poll.

At current standing ~50% of posters vs pollers are accountable for the first 2 categories.
less than 10% are accountable for the 3rd category.

That alone is very telling.

#58 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

Quoted from Whysnow:

the last round of people asking for refunds appeared to have all been granted from many accounts. It may have taken some time, but that trend is comforting, even if Jared and others want it to be concerning to you.

Agreed with your point that this poll will probably be skewed and unreliable. But does it matter that there are a good number of people over in the "official" thread still saying they've been requesting a refund for weeks/months without any response from SkitB? I didn't see follow-up comments from these posters saying they'd been made whole.:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/30#post-2281662

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/31#post-2282874

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/33#post-2285578

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-pinside-skit-b-predator-discussion/page/37#post-2290102

The last mention I saw on that thread of someone receiving a refund was three months ago. If that is the "last round of people asking for refunds " you're referring to, it seems pretty far back in the scheme of things to be much comfort to people that are currently having their refund requests ignored.

#59 9 years ago

I hope everyone gets either the game or their money back. At this point, this whole situation is a real cartoon.

There are many talented individuals in the business of making pinball machines, but too few competent businessmen.

#60 9 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

but too few competent businessmen.

I think thats exactly the problem in all of these situations.

#61 9 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

I believe this until proven wrong.
From what I recall years ago, and I may be wrong, the license was a "limited" one and added aprox $125 per machine. They don't like to give these out, for obvious reasons, but do. I have friends that have gotten a "limited" license to produce various posters, model kits, use of footage for a short film, etc. Studio agents don't like them being widely publicized, because they don't want a lot of people asking for them.
Again, I could be wrong, but that's what I THOUGHT was going on at the time...
...also, maybe some of the vendors could chime in here as before you produce a playfield, backglass, plastics, toys, etc...you ask to see the license. Did ALL the vendors produce these items on faith??

I don't think anyone who has taken pre-order money intended to scam anyone. I'm pretty sure everyone intended on delivering their vision of a machine. I'm also quite certain that with hindsight the same people would have never attempted it if they truly knew the required effort. The only question that remains is can they deliver on the promise.

#62 9 years ago

Well I'm not the smartest cookie in the box

Pre-ordered:
Predator
MMr
Hobbit

Predator now way overdue. Don't see any chance of getting a refund. Really hoping it will still get made but realistically now written the cash off in my mind. Fingers crossed in 2 weeks we might see another 5 finished machines but realistically what are the odds of that? Not angry at Kevin. Shit happens just wish there was more transparency. Very much doubt he's run off to the beach with my money but something clearly isn't right. An expensive lesson maybe but I was going to get burnt on a deal sooner or later. Couldn't even tell you how many pins I've bought sight unseen and got a courier to collect. One day there will be no pin there.....

MMr - Lost virtually all interest in the title. Stupidly turned down a 2nd hand machine for $6k, should have just gone with that but wanted a nice shiny new one. Every new delay makes me worry more about their new board set etc. This should have been the most straightforward pre-order surely.

Hobbit. for the love of God, just release the bloody thing! Got so bored of waiting I changed to a TWD limited pin. Less than 24 hours after I got it (my first NIB) they announced the Premium - grrr. Still waiting for the code.

At least I learnt my lesson and didn't add Alien to my Pre-order list. From now on it's cash only after a machine is actually made.

#63 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

14? people supposedly not getting a refund but only 1 willing to post that reality publicaly in the thread <insert eye roll>

I'm one of those anonymous people. I don't post on here a lot, but I've been in on Predator since very early (last I knew my # was in the 80's) and have been sending e-mails requesting a refund since the end of Nov. and have not heard anything back at all. I've sent at least a half dozen e-mails to Kevin directly, to the support e-mail, and through the skit-b website and have never received even a 2 second response saying "he's working on it" or "go f yourself." I don't have his phone # so I have no other way of contacting him.

#64 9 years ago
Quoted from johngravenews:

Hobbit. for the love of God, just release the bloody thing! Got so bored of waiting I changed to a TWD limited pin. Less than 24 hours after I got it (my first NIB) they announced the Premium - grrr. Still waiting for the code.

Well which one do you want? Release Hobbit now without code or wait for it with code
You can't win anymore!

#65 9 years ago
Quoted from rai:

I looked at the letter again, it did not say refundable but it did not say non-refundible either.
It did say they would be shipping games in a few short months and the letter was dated 9 months ago.

Well there you go, it's just a matter of how you define "Short months". If you limit that definition to "Months with less than 30 days" then we've only gotten through 1 of those since the payment request, so he still has lots of runway left!

All kidding aside, I asked for my refund of the original deposit after the 2013 Expo. It took them a while to respond, and a little bit of poking, but I did get it completely refunded.

I have a few buddies still on the pre-order list. I hope they get made, like I think everybody does.

#66 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Not concerned at all considering the accurate numbers of people willing to actually post is now>>
10 still in.
I can guess which one you voted for though... Same shit different thread.

I didn't vote at all.

Why would I?

I presumed that the votes are public.

I am sure a mod can verify.

You calling me a liar? I'm not.

I have not voted. Oh wait I can prove it!!

#67 9 years ago

Don't want to drag the thread off topic too much. But really I wanted fully working Hobbit with the artwork originally shown, a fully interactive Smaug and a release date of July 2014.

Basically what the initial sales pitch was. Apparently that kind of thing isn't realistic anymore

#68 9 years ago

Don't accuse me again.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

#69 9 years ago

If it matters, I got out when the 3K letter came in. If that letter asked for the first 10 or 20 in line to come up with the 3K it would have been different. Asking everybody in line for that spooked me. Never thought he was underhanded, just over his head?

#70 9 years ago

I voted in the poll.

I'm a buyer with $3,000 tied up with Predator.

I requested a refund. So far, my request has not been addressed in any manner.

The only way I will be getting a Predator is if my game gets shipped while my refund request remains ignored. If I was given a choice today, I would take my $3,000 deposit and let someone else enjoy the game. But I really do not believe that I will get a refund. So my only realistic choice is to remain positive and hope that Kevin can deliver a game.

You can add three more people that I personally know who are doing the exact same thing as me, but they do not follow pinside threads. All three have requested a refund over the past 8 weeks, and none of them have gotten a single email in response.

In our discussions, we all agree that our only way to become "whole" is for Kevin to produce Predator. So, we are rooting for him to do so.

Marcus

#71 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Don't accuse me again.
image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)image.jpg (Click image to enlarge)

yeah yeah...
you're just really good with photoshop

hehehe...

#72 9 years ago

I'm in and still have faith in the project.

#73 9 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

yeah yeah...
you're just really good with photoshop
hehehe...

I am good with photoshop! lol But I am out driving doing client runs at the moment around town and just took two click screen shots to prove my innocence.

Really rubs me the wrong way to be accused of doing something I didnt do.

#74 9 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

.... Predator may be a 2017 game at the rate it is going

not entirely false, if he starts building game now, the last peoples (200+) will get their game in 2017.

#75 9 years ago
Quoted from bigduke6:

If it matters, I got out when the 3K letter came in. If that letter asked for the first 10 or 20 in line to come up with the 3K it would have been different. Asking everybody in line for that spooked me. Never thought he was underhanded, just over his head?

This is what I'm saying. If I'm number 247 and they're making 25 pins a month, that's 10 months after they start building which will be 10 months or more after the demand of $3000. No way I'm paying $3000 for a 20 month wait.

Also, not saying I can see the future, but I really didn't think Kevin has his shit together and when Aaron was gone, it didn't make me feel any better.

One kid with a ski cap, sorry I'm not impressed.

#76 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The last mention I saw on that thread of someone receiving a refund was three months ago. If that is the "last round of people asking for refunds " you're referring to, it seems pretty far back in the scheme of things to be much comfort to people that are currently having their refund requests ignored.

That's probably because the "wait list" ran dry.....who the hell is going to cough up 3k at this point in the game?

#77 9 years ago

I was production #82. Paid in full last April, requested a refund 10/27. I received the refund a few weeks later after six emails and some complaining about it on the thread.

#78 9 years ago
Quoted from Astropin:

That's probably because the "wait list" ran dry.....who the hell is going to cough up 3k at this point in the game?

Yeah I'm not trying to beat a dead horse or kick those in on the game when they're down -- I just though Whysnow's post could be read to suggest that there's not a serious problem right now with people seeking refunds and being ignored by SkitB. A quick look at the "official" forum suggests that's not true, and that at least some of the "I want out and have been unable to get my deposit back" votes are legit.

#79 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Yeah I'm not trying to beat a dead horse or kick those in on the game when they're down -- I just though Whysnow's post could be read to suggest that there's not a serious problem right now with people seeking refunds and being ignored by SkitB. A quick look at the "official" forum suggests that's not true, and that at least some of the "I want out and have been unable to get my deposit back" votes are legit.

And my guess is that at this point no one else will be able to get out even if they want out.

#80 9 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

and that at least some of the "I want out and have been unable to get my deposit back" votes are legit.

completely agree.

Just also agree that the poll is squewed by many people that were never in lying just for the fun of it or with maliciious intent.

Jared> sorry but I believe your screen shots as much as I believe anything else you have said on the topic. You ran your mouth plenty at expo time about all your connections with insiders and those trying to take the project down but now you slyly back away from repeating whom were the big time people in the industry telling you all these things or the full story of how you are associated and "know" the people contacting FOX.

Hopefully when the full story comes out it will also show all the annonymous people attached behind the scenes. When moderators on Pinside have confirmed your involvement and can corroberate you also told them many of the things you told me, that tells me you have been intimately involved in many ways with spreading the rumor even if you are not the original souce. It is obvious to many that no matter what you say now, you have been involved in a negative way for quite some time.

#82 9 years ago

Im in and have been since the prototype here in Chicago

All the haters and thread trash talkers can go get bent ! >:[

#83 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Jared> sorry but I believe your screen shots as much as I believe anything else you have said on the topic. You ran your mouth plenty at expo time about all your connections with insiders and those trying to take the project down but now you slyly back away from repeating whom were the big time people in the industry telling you all these things or the full story of how you are associated and "know" the people contacting FOX.

You really need to just STFU about this stupidity Hilton.

I like you bud. But this is really starting to hurt your credibility.

#84 9 years ago

I got out about a month after the Louisville show. I saw the pin there. It was mostly broken but what disturbed me most was when I introduced myself and asked a question he basically blew me off. Also they had promised to stay at a 250 deposit until close to delivery and then asked for 3000.00. I just had a bad feeling and decided get out. Just wondering but has anyone talked to anybody that's on a waiting list?

#85 9 years ago

Hi all,
Im starting this thread, not for debate as that can be found in a couple of other threads. I'm merely starting this post to see where hopeful Predator owners past/present stand. We know 250 were presold mostly through pinside, however of that 250 how many still remain after the rumors and how many want out, or got out.
If you never did any of the three choices in this poll, please do not vote. I'm interested in seeing where the buyers of this project stand.

Might be interesting to see of thoose asking for a deposit, if they have gotten a deposit back in the last few months.

#86 9 years ago
Quoted from ThunderLips:

I'm one of those anonymous people. I don't post on here a lot, but I've been in on Predator since very early (last I knew my # was in the 80's) and have been sending e-mails requesting a refund since the end of Nov. and have not heard anything back at all. I've sent at least a half dozen e-mails to Kevin directly, to the support e-mail, and through the skit-b website and have never received even a 2 second response saying "he's working on it" or "go f yourself." I don't have his phone # so I have no other way of contacting him.

See this is the kind of story that should infuriate EVERYONE.

This callous disregard for a paying customer should have everyone here united in disgust. License issues aside, THIS is the kind of thing that makes me think the guy is shady.... maybe he didn't start that way but there's no "2-week-revelation" that will excuse this shitty behavior.

MONTHS with no response? From multiple people? It's not "he's a bad communicator"....Anywhere else this would get you called a "crook."

But by all means, give him 2 more weeks... *facepalm*

#87 9 years ago

I'm in it till the end.

I see a few scenarios playing out:

1) Kevin only has enough funds left to refund some people, after which he has to shut the doors, leaving the remaining people with nothing.

2) Kevin continues building the games with the remaining funds. Once some games are out, it is likely some people will no longer want refunds and others may want to fill the spots of the people who still want out.

3) Kevin is unable to produce the games regardless of the money he has left.

In case 1, some people get their money back and in case 3 nobody gets their money back, but no machines get produced in either case. Only case 2 has a chance for success.

So for me it's pretty simple since I'm not okay with getting a refund if it contributes to Skitb closing shop, leaving the remaining investors holding the bag and no machines for anybody.

#88 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

Just wondering but has anyone talked to anybody that's on a waiting list?

I'm pretty sure we can consider the waiting list dead and buried and burning in hell. The only thing that could stop this burning runaway freight train from dropping off a cliff is actually building games and getting them in homes. The awesomeness of the game itself hasn't changed, and I'm sure he could still sell all 250 as they are being built even if they are not all sold at this point.

#89 9 years ago

I'm in on 2 Predators. One is paid in full. The other is paid at $3K.

#90 9 years ago

If any games actually ship then I'm sure there will be a bunch of people eager to get on the wait list. However, who the hell would get on it at this stage?!?

#91 9 years ago

I would consider one without all the pre order drama.

#92 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Jared; sorry but I believe your screen shots as much as I believe anything else you have said on the topic.

I can't photoshop a video. Im not lying. Please stop saying that I am.

#93 9 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I can't photoshop a video.

I don;t know...looks like heavy usage of the AE Clone Stamp tool to me!

#94 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

That is not the case at all.
I am simply pointing out that if you actually wanted to get an accurate count rather than pushing an obvious agenda, you would have asked for a more accountable tally rather than annonymous polling.
Your poll perfectly points out the inaccuracy of your poll.
At current standing ~50% of posters vs pollers are accountable for the first 2 categories.
less than 10% are accountable for the 3rd category.
That alone is very telling.

You are saying that it's not what you are doing then explaining how it is what you are doing. Perhaps you should create your own poll

Vote:
1. I am in.
2. I am a total full of shit liar that is trolling this thread.

#95 9 years ago

In the spirit of that, here's video of Whysnow filling out HIS pinside survey:

#96 9 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

In the spirit of that, here's video of Whysnow filling out HIS pinside survey:
» YouTube video

Jesus he's all over the place on this poll

#97 9 years ago
Quoted from jkdblaze:

I'm pretty sure we can consider the waiting list dead and buried and burning in hell. The only thing that could stop this burning runaway freight train from dropping off a cliff is actually building games and getting them in homes. The awesomeness of the game itself hasn't changed, and I'm sure he could still sell all 250 as they are being built even if they are not all sold at this point.

That being said I wonder if even 200 people are still in.

#98 9 years ago

I honestly applaud all of you who are still in but for the life of me, cant figure out why you blinded sent someone money and after years of waiting are still ok with it.

I understand the rush of getting something new and different but after waiting this long and seeing all the issues, people asking for refunds and being ignored, im shocked so many people are still on board.

#99 9 years ago
Quoted from ChadNC:

That being said I wonder if even 200 people are still in.

The ironic thing is, I have a feeling this title may end up being one of the rarer and more sought after machines....

Imagine they only get 10 or 20 out in the market before it gets shutdown.... add the insanely rich backstory to this game AND the fact that it actually looks like it could be a fun game.

Or, they get 10 out and FOX shuts it down... geez- they'd be like blackmarket treasures!

#100 9 years ago

I was in till I played the game at TPF in 2014. Debated staying in but never sent in more money beyond the $250. Finally ended the internal debate I was having when Stern announced IM VE.

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/skit-b-predator-pinball-where-do-you-stand/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.