Skit-B Predator Pinball, where do you stand?

(Topic ID: 120475)

Skit-B Predator Pinball, where do you stand?

By hassellcastle

3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 137 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by lowepg
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“Where do you stand with Predator Pinball”

• I've pre-ordered and I'm still waiting for my game. 56 votes
    47%
  • I got out and received my deposit back. 38 votes
    32%
  • I want out and have been unable to get my deposit back. 25 votes
    21%

(119 votes by 0 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 6 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

thats what she said.jpg
87.jpg
image-80.jpg
image.jpg
blinkered.jpg
image.jpg

There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#101 3 years ago

I'm in but if I thought I could get my money back I would. Have wanted to get a refund for a couple of months but don't even see that as an option. I have emailed skitb re any details and a production number update numerous times and never got a single reply so can't see me suddenly getting a response to asking for my money back. So hopefully I get a game or at least a box of parts. Although it seems they only have parts for 10 machines so even parts is unlikely, would like to know where my money is and why there arn't parts for 250 machines.

#102 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

I was in till I played the game at TPF in 2014. Debated staying in but never sent in more money beyond the $250. Finally ended the internal debate I was having when Stern announced IM VE.

87.jpg

#103 3 years ago

Here is another question. Has anyone checked to see if they are a legal entity?

#104 3 years ago
Quoted from DocRotCod:

Here is another question. Has anyone checked to see if they are a legal entity?

They were supposedly set up a non-profit organization... I don't think anyone ever mentioned looking in to it. It always seemed far fetched to me that a manufacturer of consumer products could get away with that. But I figured "they must know what they are doing." In hindsight it seems very unlikely that some kid in his mom's garage came up with a viable loophole around taxation that hadn't been squashed aeons ago.

This situation stinks worse than a whorehouse at low tide.

#105 3 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

stinks worse than a whorehouse at low tide.

Which sounds smelly, but might not be a bad place to pick up you next pinball machine. See below:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/mmr-shipping-howwhenwho/page/2#post-2284449

#106 3 years ago
Quoted from herbertbsharp:

stinks worse than a whorehouse at low tide.

... been there...its not pretty.

#107 3 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I can't photoshop a video. Im not lying. Please stop saying that I am.
» YouTube video

yeah yeah...
you're just superhero good with Adobe Premier Pro

hehehehe....

#108 3 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

I can't photoshop a video. Im not lying. Please stop saying that I am.
» YouTube video

Glad to see you did not vote in the poll and are also no longer denying the other things mentioned with your connections to industry big shots and buddies that have been actively working against this project, or at least your previous claims to this effect.

Props to you but it would be way cooler if you were good enough to edit a cell phone video that well

#109 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Glad to see you did not vote in the poll and are also no longer denying the other things mentioned with your connections to industry big shots and buddies that have been actively working against this project, or at least your previous claims to this effect.
Props to you but it would be way cooler if you were good enough to edit a cell phone video that well

Someday we are going to arm wrestle and you will soundly lose.

#110 3 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

Someday we are going to arm wrestle and you will soundly lose.

What if you arm wrestle Centerflank?

#111 3 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

What if you arm wrestle Centerflank?

I think Jared is throwing down the gauntlet to arm wrestle all of Wisconsin! He will have someone else take the video since he will be busy, this will be EPIC!

Brad

#112 3 years ago
Quoted from jellikit:

I think Jared is throwing down the gauntlet to arm wrestle all of Wisconsin! He will have someone else take the video since he will be a busy, this will be EPIC!

that would be pretty awesome to watch

Quoted from Jared:Someday we are going to arm wrestle and you will soundly lose.

I got $100 on Jared. I'll use the money was gonna bet Whysnow on Predator delivery by 2015

#113 3 years ago

If he agrees to the challenge of a gladly do it live on video at the Texas pinball festival should he choose to attend. As the ghost of David Crockett as my witness I will not lose.

#114 3 years ago

Members of pinside would probably crowd fund his flight to see that on video

#115 3 years ago

someone should make a t-shirt and donate the proceeds to a charity.

#116 3 years ago
Quoted from labnip:

someone should make a t-shirt and donate the proceeds to a charity.

I see what you did there lol...

#117 3 years ago

In and paid at $3k. I have faith and trust and don't believe in needless hearsay and rumors. People around here need to get healthier hobbies.

#118 3 years ago

Whysnow give Jared a break, quit being such a tool.

#119 3 years ago

I'm still in full pop at $4750. We'll see where my money stands soon enough I guess. Hoping for the best, but expecting the worst. Kevin has a passion for this hobby, and even if they don't get made, I'm glad I tried to support him.

#120 3 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Agreed.

#121 3 years ago
Quoted from Jared:

If he agrees to the challenge of a gladly do it live on video at the Texas pinball festival should he choose to attend. As the ghost of David Crockett as my witness I will not lose.

Jared I got your back.

#122 3 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

No shit, you're being such a tool it makes me want to fraudently vote in this poll just to piss in your Cheerios.

Making the poor guy post a video just to get you off his dick, give it a rest!

#123 3 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

Making the poor guy post a video just to get you off his dick

thats what she said.jpg
#124 3 years ago

If Whysnow wasn't in the first 10 to be produced, he would be calling in the National Guard
to get his deposit back...

#125 3 years ago

Does anyone on pinside have machine number 101?

#126 3 years ago

I got out in April of last year. Hope it still gets produced, just other games became my priority.

#127 3 years ago

Got out when the change in payment plans came from $250 to $3000. Hard decision at the time, still wanted to stay in and support the project, but wasn't willing to take the risk from an unproven company that didn't lay out a solid manufacturing strategy. I'd be curious to understand the breakdown of the 30+ pollsters who got their money back. Seems like a majority of those are people at the $250 threshold, but very few seem to be at the $3000k+ threshold.

Scott

#128 3 years ago

Alright people, lets keep the personal attacks off the forum, out of the PMs and off the website.

#129 3 years ago
Quoted from toyboy6:

Got out when the change in payment plans came from $250 to $3000. Hard decision at the time, still wanted to stay in and support the project, but wasn't willing to take the risk from an unproven company that didn't lay out a solid manufacturing strategy. I'd be curious to understand the breakdown of the 30+ pollsters who got their money back. Seems like a majority of those are people at the $250 threshold, but very few seem to be at the $3000k+ threshold.
Scott

I got out when they asked for the $3,000 also.

I was production number 179 or something at the time and I was good with waiting it out and seeing other people get their pins. I'd still be in today if the original "half when we start making your pin, then the balance paid when it's made" was still in place.

#130 3 years ago
Quoted from toyboy6:

Scott

I voted... got out a while ago $250 deposit was refunded within a week.

#131 3 years ago

bug with the poll? It seems I could vote at least twice (with the same ID! )

#132 3 years ago

Dropped out after Expo 13

#133 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

It makes sense that deposits might be considered non-refundable by default.

I don't think it matters anymore, Kevin told us our money was safe with Paypal, his implication being that we could ask for a refund and get it. Kevin changed the terms in the email from "you need to get a new buyer to fill your spot" to "your money is safely tucked away with Paypal, you have no need to worry".

In summary I don't think you need burden of proof anymore on whether or not your deposit is refundable, it is. The only question is - Is the money there to refund?

I know of a guy who asked for a refund 10 weeks ago, it took 6 emails for Kevin to even respond and yet the guy from Coast2Coast pinball gets immediate responses.

Instead of all this secrecy shit, Kevin needs to man up and post "I've f***ed up here, the license did/didn't exist, there will/wont be a game delivered" the present situation is ridiculous.

I've not asked for a refund simply because I know I wont get one at the moment and I believe (maybe incorrectly) that I'm covered as I paid on my CC for that exact reason. If I was in a position where I had requested a refund I would bombard Kevin until I got a response - I don't give up on anything easily and I suggest everyone who has requested a refund should given Kevin an explicit timeframe to reply in any email they send.

#134 3 years ago
Quoted from mufcmufc:

I don't think it matters anymore, Kevin told us our money was safe with Paypal, his implication being that we could ask for a refund and get it. Kevin changed the terms in the email from "you need to get a new buyer to fill your spot" to "your money is safely tucked away with Paypal, you have no need to worry".
In summary I don't think you need burden of proof anymore on whether or not your deposit is refundable, it is. The only question is - Is the money there to refund?
I know of a guy who asked for a refund 10 weeks ago, it took 6 emails for Kevin to even respond and yet the guy from Coast2Coast pinball gets immediate responses.
Instead of all this secrecy shit, Kevin needs to man up and post "I've fucked up here, the license did/didn't exist, there will/wont be a game delivered" the present situation is ridiculous.
I've not asked for a refund simply because I know I wont get one at the moment and I believe (maybe incorrectly) that I'm covered as I paid on my CC for that exact reason. If I was in a position where I had requested a refund I would bombard Kevin until I got a response - I don't give up on anything easily and I suggest everyone who has requested a refund should given Kevin an explicit timeframe to reply in any email they send.

We will have these answers soon I think. Kevin is almost out of time, and his situation may become very serious ( hope not!) if he doesn't get something, anything, made for us, or at the minimum, reasons for delays. Honesty will serve him well now, seems Skitb has nothing left to lose.

#135 3 years ago

I voted, and got out when the deposit amount was raised.
Had the refund within a week also.

#136 3 years ago

Not a good showing so far, and a far cry from the supposed 250 that were originally pre-sold.
As it stands today. 79 games are currently paid for that have come forward on pinside. 24 of which are feed up with Skitb shenanigans and just want their deposits back, almost 1/3.
Sad...

Fyi i haven't voted either as I'm not in on the game and never was. The thread was merely started to see where the current collector community stands on this project.

Keep them coming.

Hoping you guys see either receive clear and transparent proof the Predator Pinball game is moving forward next week, or a notification that your refunds are being processed.
Unfortunately if this doesn't play out with either of these scenarios this will be go down as one of the biggest scandals to hit this hobby in the 17 years Ive been in this hobby. A hard fact i think more and more are coming to realize.

1 week later
#137 3 years ago

Any vote changes after the recent much-anticipated, epic-ish announcement?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 99.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 39.95
Playfield - Protection
Little Shop Of Games
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
Apparel - Unisex
ArcadeMade
$ 208.87
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Lighting - Backbox
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,199.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 89.00
Boards
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 16.00
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Decals
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 9.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 26.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 137 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside