(Topic ID: 307587)

RUSH - Mods and Toys; what are you hoping for, and/or who's making an offering?

By Rodent

2 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 1,385 posts
  • 155 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 months ago by SkyKing2301
  • Topic is favorited by 101 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
TrnmntButton-RushThumb (resized).jpg
TrnmntButton-Rush2 (resized).jpg
20230811_102954 (resized).jpg
Rush-Pinball-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Stern-Pinball-Rush-Shooter-Rod.jpg
Rush-Pinball-Owl-Shooter-Rod.jpg
TopperCleanupMap (resized).jpg
TopperCleanup (resized).jpg
IMG_1839D (resized).JPG
IMG_1862D (resized).JPG
IMG_1870 (resized).JPG
IMG_1859D (resized).JPG
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
DA874350-BCBF-471C-AEAE-8415DD964D00 (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider big_whoopin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1040 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Here is our listing for the fluorescent protectors. The kit includes some flat nylon nuts to secure them. We have pictures of yellow and orange in the listing. I haven’t tanked any red/pink or green pictures yet. I personally have the orange installed and they are great.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1167-gameroom-mods/06577-stern-rush-fluorescent-protectors[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

What would it take (and the added cost) to do a protector for the plastic up by the pops as well like this set at Marco? Not trying to undercut you, just that additional protector is one thing I like about that set. For yours I like the color selection options and that you're including the extra hardware!

#1057 2 years ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Also, since colored posts has always kinda been my thing, I got my hands on this beautiful antique-brass colored filament that matches the gears and various other artwork in the game. I wont have a chance to put them in the game until sometime next week but I think they'll be a nice touch.[quoted image]

Those look sharp! Looking forward to seeing pics once you get them installed.

#1061 2 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I took a look at the 5th plastic that is in other sets and it is the plastic that is along the side of the game, above the pops. It is under the drum on the Prem/LE which means you can’t even see it. Plus it looks like it would take over an hour to install with all the parts that would need to be removed and replaced to get at it. It looks like the person that designed that kit did so on the Pro (also what the pictures look like).
For that reason, I don’t think it makes any sense to include it for the Prem/LE customers. What do you guys think?
[quoted image]

That is a good point. If the plastic is the same for the Pro and Premium/LE then I would say have the part available and offer two kits: 4 piece and 5 piece. For Pros recommend the 5 piece, for Prem/LE indicate the 5 piece will work but it may be not be worth the effort and thus recommend the 4 piece set. If the plastics are different, then just make a Pro 5 piece set and a Prem/LE 4 piece set. My 2 cents.

#1098 2 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

Modified the design! Both the fascade and lights.[quoted image]

I absolutely love this cover for the time machine. There would be only two things that I would want to change on it that I'm going to toss out there.

1) get more of a 3D "wheel" look to the year digits. Stern's solution was just some gradient shadowing and perspective skewing of the numbers on the physically flat sticker but it helps. For as nice as the digits on this mod look they seem to feel (from pics at least) very flat while they're actually supposed to represent wheels. Not sure if there is any wiggle room to improve that in the printing? While possibly outside of your build ability maybe a hybrid of printing a flat space similar for a sticker like Stern's and then someone comes up with a nice Stern-like sticker to go in there with the forced perspective tricks?

2) While I think you've got a cool looking solution for the LED lamps, the LED mod Space Coast Pinball came up with has absolutely grabbed me. I think the best of both worlds for this would be a collab between Tmezel and @john_i? Would something like that be possible?

#1131 2 years ago
Quoted from RebelGuitars:

Combining the Vacuum Tube mod from John_I with Mezel's Time Machine. Its not a perfect fit (yet), mainly due to the factory sockets alignment. In this pic, the top piece that goes around the tubes isn't attached, but I'll re-glue it once everything lines up.
[quoted image]

Thanks for taking a crack at this! I was wondering if these were going to be able to work together, it looks to me like the best of both worlds!

4 weeks later
#1225 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Finally finished (I think) installing all the hardware for the Cleanup Kit in my game, and holy crap there was a lot of it. It looks great but it was a TON of work. Some disassembly required -- mostly plastics or disconnecting the long ramp or habitrails to shift them out of the way for better access. No major components need to be removed.
Here's everything I pulled out of the game:
[quoted image]
Next step is to tally up everything I installed (plus all the spacers & hex sleeves & posts I printed) so I can figure out a price this whole package, then determine how many more sets I can make before I need to buy more hardware! If you're interested, let me know --a rough idea how many people want this package might be helpful!
Then I'll also need to make some installation maps/guides.
Here's a few more teaser pics.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Damn! I'm interested but not for a while yet. I need to space out my add-ons to this game and also just curb some of my recent spending. But very impressive and looks great!

1 month later
#1253 1 year ago

Had some issues with the spinner registering on an LE after installing a gold NinjaCamp spinner protector. (More info in the NinjaCamp thread.) Simple fix was a small strip of duct tape for better opto reflection. Unsure if it would apply to the other colors.

Rush NinjaCamp spinner (resized).jpgRush NinjaCamp spinner (resized).jpg
#1254 1 year ago

Follow up, NinjaCamp is running the gold shield with no issues and I have no reason to not believe them. It is possible this is a one-off on that machine. I'll be installing a gold shield on my personal pin and will test out the spinner opto before and after, see if it responds like the one where I had to add the tape.

Aside from the opto registering issue on this pin, there is no issue with the protector. It plays great! Honestly the extra mass might help get more spins...

2 weeks later
#1263 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

Had some issues with the spinner registering on an LE after installing a gold NinjaCamp spinner protector. (More info in the NinjaCamp thread.) Simple fix was a small strip of duct tape for better opto reflection. Unsure if it would apply to the other colors.
[quoted image]

FYI, I posted an update to this in the NinjaCamp thread. While the problem I had with the original gold spinner shield seemed to depend on the machine, the new gold filament they're using has worked in all my tests.

1 week later
#1276 1 year ago

In case you missed it from the main Rush thread or the NinjaCamp one...

Speaker light kits that tie in with the expression lighting!
https://vimeo.com/735216088

#1279 1 year ago
Quoted from kool1:

Wow - what does that go for?

Still in prototype stage (plus if you hadn't heard the team has some personal medical emergencies) but OutpostKodelia said $100-$200. So that's a pretty big range, but for what they plan for you to get I would expect it to fall in there.

1 month later
#1281 1 year ago

Helping out OutpostKodelia and NinjaCamp, dropping this here...

Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

Hey all, our speaker light kits will be going on sale Tuesday September 6 at 10AM PDT! Check out this post for the details:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/14#post-7113771

3 months later
#1288 1 year ago
Quoted from Lorenry:

What I really want/need now:
- full set fluorescent Protectors for all the plastic (@GAMEROOMMODS)

Only one color available, but this is out there.
US: https://mezelmods.com/products/clip-protector-set-rush-pinball?variant=39962794164321
EU: https://pu-parts.com/clip-rush-pro-yellow or https://pu-parts.com/clip-rush-premium-le-yellow

Quoted from Lorenry:

- better fix for Inner Loop Assist: the fix, when it is at the right position, works 100% of time. But after few weeks, it starts to move closer to the exit of the inner loop, and now block the ball (@NINJACAMPMODS).

On one machine where I installed the NC inner loop guide (the angled outer edge bit) it did start to wander. Some good double sided tape on the back solved it. Would hope it wouldn't be necessary, but with the flexibility of the TPU used I think it is inevitable. This does prove that the ball is lifting up off the playfield and hitting that in order to get pushed. Else you can go with one of the other mods that are either more rigid plastic (I think) or just the clear cover.

#1290 1 year ago
Quoted from Lorenry:

...and for the full set protectors, I missed this one.

I bought mine through Mezel Mods but have yet to install them. (at the same time I'll be doing the Rocket City hardware kit and Titan rubbers) I would prefer if they were available in different color options, particularly clear so they don't alter the color of the lighting going through the Stern plastics.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 154.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

11,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
6,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Virginia Beach, VA
$ 16.99
Playfield - Plastics
Lermods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 18.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 194.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

8,250 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tacoma, WA
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

10,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Tatamy, PA
$ 100.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Quality Billiards

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider big_whoopin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rush-mods-amp-toys-what-are-you-hoping-for-and-who-s-making-it?tu=big_whoopin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.