PXL_20230615_213012281 (resized).jpg
16868472117342296101486555053423 (resized).jpg
16868464900856775119706721526606 (resized).jpg
16868462388575157472113307038242 (resized).jpg
16868459723501322809520064238289 (resized).jpg
IMG_2927 (resized).JPG
16868456225046877711529820994187 (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 1,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 24.
#501 1 year ago
Quoted from SterlingRush:

What changed before this happened? Did you do any work, or did it magically start happening? More details kind sir.

No other work. Just put in the scoop protectors. No change on the front scoop, just the side one.

#502 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

No other work. Just put in the scoop protectors. No change on the front scoop, just the side one.

Make sure the portions going into to scoop hole, are all tucked where they are supposed to be, taking a few clear close up pics.

The side closest to the time machine, you have that properly tucked between the wood and metal of the scoop?

The tab on the middle portion tucked all the way down, and grabbing the bottom of the playfield?

Only two other things I can think of are: the protector is tweaked a little bit(over tightening), or possibly lose a small part that dropped in the scoop.

If the only thing that changed, was you installing the scoop protector, go back step by step, and check your work. There’s always a cause to an effect.

If you have followed NC’s instructions, look it over step by step. If you didn’t follow it, then I’d read up and see what may have been missed or not done. Never hurts to go back and double check.

#503 1 year ago

Make sure the portions going into to scoop hole, are all tucked where they are supposed to be, taking a few clear close up pics.
The side closest to the time machine, you have that properly tucked between the wood and metal of the scoop?
The tab on the middle portion tucked all the way down, and grabbing the bottom of the playfield?
Only two other things I can think of are: the protector is tweaked a little bit(over tightening), or possibly lose a small part that dropped in the scoop.
If the only thing that changed, was you installing the scoop protector, go back step by step, and check your work. There’s always a cause to an effect.
If you have followed NC’s instructions, look it over step by step. If you didn’t follow it, then I’d read up and see what may have been missed or not done. Never hurts to go back and double check.

Thanks. I do know that initially the one part wasn't tucked under the protector, but I fixed that. Not sure what else I missed. I'll take a look tomorrow. Much appreciated!

#504 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

The TPU material will 'grab' the ball slightly as it exits the scoop (it's even more pronounced if you have also installed scoop sleeves), so you'll need to bump up the power for that scoop eject. I had to do the same thing after installing Ninjas.

#505 1 year ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thanks. I do know that initially the one part wasn't tucked under the protector, but I fixed that. Not sure what else I missed. I'll take a look tomorrow. Much appreciated!

Turn up scoop eject power?

#506 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

The TPU material will 'grab' the ball slightly as it exits the scoop (it's even more pronounced if you have also installed scoop sleeves), so you'll need to bump up the power for that scoop eject. I had to do the same thing after installing Ninjas.

Thanks...I do have the scoop protector as well but just figured I had done something wrong (which is usually the case). I'll jack up the eject a bit and see if that helps.

Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Turn up scoop eject power?

Alright, wise ass...

#507 1 year ago

Quick question: Does the loop fix set ($25) work to cover both the loop and shooter lane, or is the shooter lane piece a standalone item and you'd be spending $40 to fix both issues? Was a little unclear from the listing. Thanks!

#508 1 year ago
Quoted from onemilemore:

Quick question: Does the loop fix set ($25) work to cover both the loop and shooter lane, or is the shooter lane piece a standalone item and you'd be spending $40 to fix both issues? Was a little unclear from the listing. Thanks!

The answer is...maybe.

Some people need both pieces of the loop fix to fix their loop issue. Some people only need the curved piece, leaving the flat piece available for the shooter lane. Some people need both pieces to get the loop at 100% and reduce/avoid stuck balls. Finding the flat piece working to reduce/eliminate short plunge rattle was kind of...accidental

Still kicking around the best way to offer these pieces.

#509 1 year ago

Much more detail in my post over here -- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/the-official-rush-owners-club-1/page/154#post-7008599 -- probably should've just put that in this thread.

Here are pics of the gold stuff installed, IMO it looks the best of all the colors you offer, so THANK YOU for accommodating my relentless pestering to make gold happen!!

A couple pics here, more pics and info and tips and pitfalls over in the other post.

Thanks NinjaCamp!!

20220702_142119 (resized).jpg20220702_142119 (resized).jpg20220702_142123 (resized).jpg20220702_142123 (resized).jpg20220702_163012 (resized).jpg20220702_163012 (resized).jpg20220702_163024 (resized).jpg20220702_163024 (resized).jpg20220702_163114 (resized).jpg20220702_163114 (resized).jpg20220702_181309 (resized).jpg20220702_181309 (resized).jpg

#510 1 year ago

Thanks SkyKing2301 for the awesome photos and write-up on this and the main rush owners thread! I'm sure later in the week we'll have some more comments and probably be ready to generally offer everything in Gold!

Also -- Exit...Stage Left mods will be back tomorrow. I will reenable ordering in the morning, between 7-9am MST/PDT. We have some stock, are prepared to make plenty more -- if we get too far behind we'll let you all know

#511 1 year ago

ESL ordering is open again.

If you have been reaching out to us, we are a little bit behind in responding right now. We'll catch up over the next several days.

#512 1 year ago

This is an issue others have had. The material is thin and clear so it is easy to install it incorrectly. Also we did have one person who needed to sand some dripped clear out of the hole. The protector should not impact play or switch registration.

#513 1 year ago

I’m in the shop now .So does the sleeve set come with 2 scoop sleeves or 1 ?

#514 1 year ago

So $35 gets me how many sleeves ?

#515 1 year ago
Quoted from oliviarium:

ESL ordering is open again.
If you have been reaching out to us, we are a little bit behind in responding right now. We'll catch up over the next several days.

Can you repost the link? I can't find it.

#516 1 year ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

I’m in the shop now .So does the sleeve set come with 2 scoop sleeves or 1 ?

Scoop sleeve set comes with two sleeves.

#518 1 year ago

Got my soft plunge corrector / shooter lane fix (reference https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06740-rush-inner-loop-assist-amp-soft-plunge-corrector) and it fixed the sloppy shooter lane chatter 100%! Mine was pretty bad so I was a little skeptical, but it worked perfectly! Well made, literally a snap to install. Thanks NC!

#519 1 year ago
Quoted from SkyKing2301:

Got my soft plunge corrector / shooter lane fix (reference https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1326-ninjacamp-mods/06740-rush-inner-loop-assist-amp-soft-plunge-corrector) and it fixed the sloppy shooter lane chatter 100%! Mine was pretty bad so I was a little skeptical, but it worked perfectly! Well made, literally a snap to install. Thanks NC!

That was our experience with it as well! Glad it's working so well for you!

#520 1 year ago

Scoop sleeve set comes with two sleeves.

Thank you

#521 1 year ago

So installed a gold Rush spinner protector last night and immediately had problems with the spinner registering. Long story short, it seems the opto that senses the spinner (this is an LE, not sure if others all use an opto) works best with a bit of a reflection to sense the spinner movement. The matte-ish finish on the side of the gold protector (probably from printing layers) just wasn't registering. My solution was not very elegant but also not very visible... a thin strip of duct tape on the side. Problem solved! It could probably be even thinner and if I had some mirror/reflective material I'd try that.

This obviously wouldn't be a problem on any spinner with a mechanical switch. But Aniraf oliviarium OutpostKodelia you guys may want to make note of this possible issue.

Rush NinjaCamp spinner (resized).jpgRush NinjaCamp spinner (resized).jpg
#522 1 year ago
Quoted from Big_Whoopin:

So installed a gold Rush spinner protector last night and immediately had problems with the spinner registering. Long story short, it seems the opto that senses the spinner (this is an LE, not sure if others all use an opto) works best with a bit of a reflection to sense the spinner movement. The matte-ish finish on the side of the gold protector (probably from printing layers) just wasn't registering. My solution was not very elegant but also not very visible... a thin strip of duct tape on the side. Problem solved! It could probably be even thinner and if I had some mirror/reflective material I'd try that.
This obviously wouldn't be a problem on any spinner with a mechanical switch. But Aniraf oliviarium OutpostKodelia you guys may want to make note of this possible issue.
[quoted image]

We're sorry to hear you're having trouble with it, but this is interesting... Ours is using the same gold and has no problem detecting. That said, I took a closer look at the spinner opto, and it's a reflective opto (emitter and receiver right next to each other and the receiver detects reflected IR light). I've worked with these before, and there's usually a dial to adjust its sensitivity threshold. I can't find any documentation on the part other than its part number (520-8541-00), but I'm physically looking at it and I can't see any sort of trimmer on it. I went through the adjustment menus and couldn't find anything that way either. So I can only assume they've "locked" it at some predetermined sensitivity value with a fixed resistor, so you get what you get. I'm guessing that the difference between yours and ours may come down to something as simple as mfg variance in the resistor value and/or spinner mech.

So where does that leave things? Since this is the first report of this issue and we can't reproduce it with any of the color options, we're probably going to hold off on any particular change to anything until we hear back from others. To that end, if anyone has bought a spinner shield, particularly in gold, we'd like to hear back on your experience with it, good or bad. As for you @big_whoopin, we'll PM you with some options.

#523 1 year ago

I agree this may have been a one-off. This was a pin on location, we'll see what it is like on my personal one. I'll be sure to test the opto with my finger before messing with anything, see how the response compares. There is no potentiometer on the opto board, at least not the one above the playfield. (And it's a bitch to get to without removing the plastic and metal ramps.) At least the fix, while less than elegant, was extremely simple.

1 week later
#524 1 year ago

Wait till you guys see what we're working on next... Once again, oliviarium provided the brainstorm idea for another great product, and I'm hard at work designing it. We're past the proof of concept and working on the first prototype. We hope to have something to show you very soon, so stay tuned, this one is going to be exciting!

#525 1 year ago

Tell me it's Rush related, and tell me it has something to do with the hand on the drum clock...

Am I close?

#526 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Tell me it's Rush related, and tell me it has something to do with the hand on the drum clock...
Am I close?

It's Rush adjacent. Nothing to do with the clock. Should be ready to reveal later next week if things arrive on time.

#527 1 year ago
Quoted from OutpostKodelia:

It's Rush adjacent. Nothing to do with the clock. Should be ready to reveal later next week if things arrive on time.

Darn.

Okay, more or less than $100?

Rush "adjacent"? hehehe, way to keep the mystery alive!

#528 1 year ago

So finally a follow up to the spinner shield issue I had. NinjaCamp has a new gold filament and they sent me a replacement made from that, because they're awesome and put customer service at the top of the list. I tried the two different protectors on my personal Rush as well as a "finger test" to see how responsive my opto was. On my machine apparently my opto was more forgiving. Compared to the other machine I worked on my finger could trip the opto from further away and I had no problems with either the old (harder, darker) shield or the newer (softer, lighter) shield. I've got way less plays so maybe the opto on the machine on-site has already started to weaken.

Got back to the on-site machine and found that my duct tape fix was starting to slide off, probably from warmth inside the cabinet. Pulled the old shield and put the new one on, worked like a champ. The softness/flexibility of the new part (comparable to the black and clear filaments they're using I think) makes it sooooo much easier to install too. My understanding is this new softer/lighter filament is what NinjaCamp will be using for this shield going forward.

A little unfortunate as I like the old color better, but the new color does still look good. My intent is to keep the old one on my personal machine until I have problems with it, then I will swap in one of the newer ones.

Thanks again @outpostkodelia, @oliviarium, and @aniraf! You guys rock and I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!

#529 1 year ago

The prototype is built!! This is the full getup, not just the POC I referred to earlier. As in, if this one works like I expect it to, it'll probably be the one we keep in our system forever. Now we wait for the connector parts from DigiKey so we can hook it all up and test it. FedEx says Friday, so I expect we'll be ready to reveal it early this weekend! The wait is killing me!!

#530 1 year ago
Quoted from Kez11:

Okay, more or less than $100?

We haven't totally settled on the price until we know what the cost and time to build will total out to. But it'll be somewhere between $100 and $200.

#531 1 year ago

We haven't totally settled on the price until we know what the cost and time to build will total out to. But it'll be somewhere between $100 and $200.

Looking Forward to what you guys came up with...

#532 1 year ago

Can you put me on the list?

#533 1 year ago

I'm excited to see the results of the Rush spinner lane guide extension. I need this in the worst way.

#534 1 year ago
Quoted from JonCBrand:

I'm excited to see the results of the Rush spinner lane guide extension. I need this in the worst way.

Big same. Also need a NinjaCamp frequent flyer punch card. Buy 5 get 1 free lolololol. So many great fixes, thanks in advance!

#535 1 year ago

Hey everyone…I am sorry to report that team NinjaCamp has a medical emergency. Our communication and shipping may be delayed.

Thank you for your understanding.

#536 1 year ago

To clarify, @oliviarium, my wife and partner in everything, suffered a major stroke last night. I've been at the hospital all day and will be for the next day or two.

Needless to say, most orders won't be going out for a bit (Olivia is our shipping and inventory manager, for all intents and purposes) and, with me out, more than half of the NinjaCamp production capacity is down.

The good news is that Olivia is recovering well and her outlook is promising, but damage was definitely done and it's going to be a long road no matter what.

So thank you all for understanding as Olivia and I work through this. We'll get back to bringing you all the good stuff as soon as we can!

Thank you,
Kaydee

#537 1 year ago

To clarify, oliviarium, my wife and partner in everything, suffered a major stroke last night. I've been at the hospital all day and will be for the next day or two.
Needless to say, most orders won't be going out for a bit (Olivia is our shipping and inventory manager, for all intents and purposes) and, with me out, more than half of the NinjaCamp production capacity is down.
The good news is that Olivia is recovering well and her outlook is promising, but damage was definitely done and it's going to be a long road no matter what.
So thank you all for understanding as Olivia and I work through this. We'll get back to bringing you all the good stuff as soon as we can!
Thank you,
Kaydee

I am so sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you both.

#538 1 year ago

So sorry to hear this. Prayers and best wishes to you and your family. Hoping for a speedy full recovery.

#539 1 year ago

I'm sorry to hear this awful turn of events. Take your time with announcements and whatever else. Family first. Hope for a full recovery...

#540 1 year ago

Oh my goodness. Sending positivity and healing your way. Pinball can wait, no doubt. Hope the road to recovery is a smooth one!

#541 1 year ago

Parts and business can wait, take care of your love first.

If anyone tries to spout off about lack of communication or orders, we’ve got your back.

Take care of her, and yourself. Thank you for sharing, to keep us up to speed.

#542 1 year ago

I am sorry to hear this,Heres hoping for a speedy and comfortable recovery.Get well soon.

#543 1 year ago

Best wishes on a speedy recovery! My wife is also my partner in the small business we own together. Our thoughts and prayers are with you guys!

#544 1 year ago

To clarify, oliviarium, my wife and partner in everything, suffered a major stroke last night. I've been at the hospital all day and will be for the next day or two.

#545 1 year ago

Best wishes,

#546 1 year ago

best wishes and I hope for a speedy and 100% recovery. family first

#547 1 year ago

Really sorry to hear this. I know how bad this sucks.

I wish you all the best and hope for a speedy recovery. Please take care.

#548 1 year ago

So sorry to hear this! Best wishes to Olivia (and you) in recovery.

#549 1 year ago

Hope all goes well, business is the last thing you need to worry about now. Thinkin good thoughts to your family,,,

#550 1 year ago

Sorry to hear this, hoping for a speedy recovery for Olivia.

-Nate

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wood Dale, IL
$ 42.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 9,695.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Alley

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 275.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Performance Pinball

$ 16.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

€ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 34.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 64.99
€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Fuzz

$ 22.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 113.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 1,154 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 24.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ninjacamp-mods/page/11 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.