Topic Stats

• 682 posts
  • 141 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Ericpinballfan
  • Topic is favorited by 51 Pinsiders
  • Topic is sticky in its sub-forum

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

6AFE8B56-773D-41C2-9240-29913F5CC662 (resized).png
    31290C92-E2CA-43DF-A7EB-0901B4369965 (resized).jpeg
    AA6069BB-D862-48C2-A2CF-90E5174CA2BF.gif
    Screenshot_20210904-095913.jpg
    99224E27-8DA3-4452-8E1A-A08314601F85 (resized).jpeg
    zzzz !! cb0f5ed04727bfd829130cbfb9669315 (resized).jpg
    DF9C52E0-F3A7-4585-AC7B-7361FC9AAC03.gif
    2D11588A-B5D1-4818-8F79-2730623F1F16.gif
    DA44FB84-66AA-4A64-81CC-96885E4EF557.gif
    5D44BEF6-61E7-4770-9258-F108096447FB (resized).jpeg
    Liam (resized).jpg
    ED81B905-81DA-46D3-8A87-E14545ABDEAC.gif
    9C18F2D0-8FA0-4970-AFEC-037CF67BE021.gif
    B5EDD496-CF94-4D36-BC28-69CB2BA9FC8D.gif
    6999C99C-A012-4C32-B4E8-9BA073568AD5.gif
    255E949A-B7DA-4EB0-93CC-37F7B1F8145A (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 3 years ago

This thread should be a sticky.

This isn’t some provincial “village” BBS forum.

There are tens of thousands of pinsiders and they need to be protected from Amusement Scam of America.

Isn’t today the day the big “How I’m gonna pay you all back” email is supposed to drop? Hope someone posts it.

#30 3 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

Check out this Jonathan bullshit. Yesterday, he messaged me the following, saying the game he sold me on 12/16/19 finally came in and was sold to "another customer".
    Please speak-up if you received a Rick and Morty from ASOA! The transaction would be after 10/13/20, the date I received a Stern AIQ Pro as a substitute for the fraudulent Rick and Morty invoice below.

This is a lie. The game doesn't exist, neither does the "other customer." Just more lies. Like the Star Wars LE he couldn't sell because "the board was bad."

Lies, lies, lies. Thanks for posting.

#36 3 years ago
    Quoted from snaroff:

If there is "another machine"! If JD/ASOA were a mensch, he would have contacted me when "my" Rick and Morty showed up and offered it to me. Of course I never received a call since the machine doesn't exist.

JD/ASOA BS...allowing him to sell the machine below MSRP. Spooky management said there is no way he could sell the machine for that price. I wasn't offering any trade on this transaction. More fraud.

It's just amazing how easy lying comes to some people.

#82 3 years ago
    Quoted from bobukcat:

I'll agree with most of what you say here except that anyone who has essentially defrauded people of $$ should get "cancelled" or suffer much worse legal repercussions. They should also be publically exposed to prevent others from ever falling into the same trap so kudos to those willing to do so.

SMDH at invoking the tired "cancel culture" trope here. Give me an Fn break. Might as well say locking up bank robbers is "cancel culture." Fairly reasonable (if wildly inaccurate) post until that bullshit came along.

#86 3 years ago

There is no explanation that excuses selling and accepting money for "they'll be ready in 30 days" Aliens in 2019. The only possible explanation is that it was a scam.

#150 3 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

Please stop using Covid as an excuse for this guy. There are multiple thousands of business and people that have gone broke because of Covid. Is that an excuse to steal or con people? Based on testimony in these Pinside threads, his actions have been egregious and intentional. He's using Covid as a distration.

Amusement Scam of America would be the only pinball vendor who didn't profit during the Pandemic. Even if part of his business was selling to ops, there's MORE than enough slack to be made up by the enthusiastic herd of new pinball buyers entering the market daily.

Can someone name another pinball "distributor" who has even hinted at trouble in the past year, much less stopped delivering games that were paid for or pulling bait and switches like this? Pretty sure they are all taking nightly baths in cash and Dom Pergnion 1952, yet somehow this guy is destroyed by a pandemic that has all the other distributors printing money.

This bad excuse stinks worse than a Florida swamp and everybody knows it - just like all the other excuses people have written about.

#212 3 years ago
    Quoted from crwjumper:

Little Shop Of Games is also an awesome well-established distributor with a stellar reputation.

I’ll buy anything from a guy naked Curly.

#216 3 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Naked Curly!!! YIKES!

Some spell check errors you just have to Leave.

I’m a victim of circumstance !!!

#223 3 years ago
    Quoted from youdontknowme:

um...can someone point me out a "scammer" who pays back anything to the victims?
    bait and switch? potentially...i see that with some of the transactions. but there's nothing here that a criminal court would even try.
    call the DOJ...lol. ya, they'll help you. our justice system is solid, yo. call the attorney general. oh, wait...she's busy suing facebook.
    this thread should honestly be between the people owed, and jonathan. not 65 people kicking a horse. we don't have enough popcorn to cover that need.
    bill, good job with the original post. it caused results for many, not just you.
    as far as beating MSRP, there is no MSRP when you swap a game for a game.
    and this one is for jon...i signed up yesterday as john popadiuk. so yes...takes 9 seconds to make an account to speak up.
    now anxiously awaiting people to say that i must be jonathan.

Quite an about face here. You went from “I’m gonna let the cat out of the bag!!!” To “hey everybody back off this guy is cool!”

Charles Ponzi paid back plenty of people, by the way, until the day his scam completely collapsed. Get back to us after the vaunted “13 month plan” is complete and everybody is paid back in full.

#243 3 years ago

It's shit like this that makes me happy that I've managed to enjoy this hobby by carving out a nice niche buying and selling used machines for 20 years.

The whole NIB rat race seems absolutely miserable. Between the insane cost, waiting, deposits, scams, and virtually everybody who actually receives a game being thrown into a vortex of despair by every perceived flaw or defect on their brand new game, I just don't see where the fun is. Seems like a hobby for masochists with too much disposable income.

#254 3 years ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

To be clear, 95% of his business is in the ROUTE side, NOT sales
    So since Florida has been open he is getting back on his feet again.
    I’m sure that makes NO sense to people that live outside Florida and Texas but yes it’s real!!!!

Florida has been "open" during almost the entire pandemic, cause, ya know, FLorida.

Give the COVID excuse a rest. It's 100 percent bullshit. The scammy behavior predates COVID by at least two years, it's documented.

#282 3 years ago
    Quoted from Strohz:

iceman44 - You've mentioned several times you think you're his biggest creditor. To put the amount he needs to settle this in perspective, how many games does he owe you? A couple, a dozen, more? I could see a payment plan for a handful of games, but I recall Jpop screwed Cointaker on something like 25 machines alone so wondering if it's on the same scale of deception.

Everything is bigger in Texas. If you are gonna get scammed, you gotta go all in!!!!

#296 3 years ago
    Quoted from chuckwurt:

Easy. He didn’t have any inside information. Just full of shit and good at convincing people. That’s how he got people to pay for nonexistent Aliens.

Precisely.

The ASOA "Alien Remake" that Ice was shilling almost two years ago and was literally betting would be out in a matter of months had NOTHING to do with the Italian Alien remake that may one day see the light of day. It was almost certainly a complete fabrication from the mind of ASOA.

I don't see how anybody can read this testimony and think anything different:

Bill said:

"The reason I gave him so much money and trusted him was because he had sold me a couple of pinball machines at a good discount prior to his convincing me to pay him in full for an Alien Remake, for which I paid him on 4/17/2019"

"In March [2019] he told me that he had a couple of Alien remakes in his “warehouse” and that he was involved with the testing and development phase of the pin. In April [2019] he told me that Alien would be shipped within 30 to 60 days so I sent him the money."

Ice - or anybody else who was sold this imaginary 2019 Alien - could possibly help clear up some of these details. For starters, was ASOA telling everybody these were gonna built in Italy? Was he telling people CGC was going to produce them, as was the popular rumor at the time? Did he provide any photos or any other actual evidence that anything was doing on the Alien Remake front back in March, 2019?

#310 3 years ago
    F8C05AA8-2ACF-4A02-927B-3DE329E7BF82.gifF8C05AA8-2ACF-4A02-927B-3DE329E7BF82.gif
    #341 3 years ago

I’m still leaning toward theft / insurance fraud / some other bush league grift than this convoluted “undercutting the dealers” or “arbitrage” schemes you guys keep bandying around, which don’t make any fuggin sense when you consider the tiny profit margins distributors make on pinball machines.

Either way it really doesn’t matter. Well probably never know as it’s unlikely this ever goes to court. Amusement Scam of America has been called out and exposed and that should be the end of it. Hopefully he pays everybody back and moves on to some other grift far away from our beloved hobby.

#370 3 years ago

I just can't square "good intentions" with lying about an imaginary Alien remake.

This is some Costanza-level lying shit.

"Not only is CGC (not some Italians as it turned out) remaking this thing, I've got two of them in my warehouse and I'm doing all sorts of testing for them! It'll be ready in 30 days! SEND ME MONEY!"

Anybody willing to shovel that amount of bullshit to solicit money hasn't had any good intentions for a very long time. He said he actually had two of these things in Florida!!!!

#466 3 years ago
    Quoted from Cobray:

Yikes. Hopefully people are smart enough to google ASOA before sending money!!

The general rule is get scammed first, google later.

At the very least, people who are owed money here should be happy he's still soliciting funds with which he may scam from new people so he can pay them back.

#503 3 years ago
    Quoted from ZombieKing:

Like a WH press secretary, time to circle back to original topic...
    Did everyone who was owed monies get paid? Or are there still lingering balances? Payment plans in the process and being met?
    Just curious, because I got sucked into this soap opera on Day 1.
    Thanks,

Sounds to me like ASOA bought another month by parceling out a little bit of cash and a whole lot of promises. Don't expect anybody to chime in again until the next deadline comes and goes without payment #2 arriving.

#513 3 years ago
    Quoted from herbertbsharp:

My guess is that the authorized distributors were actually getting sales at full price and this guy was just selling each machine two or three times and only delivering one. There probably was no 'inside deal'.

Obviously. Haven't understood the fixation on some distributor conspiracy, it boggles the mind. The margins are simply too small. Why get in bed with this loser in some shady scheme to add like 50 bucks to your bottom line?

Please don't answer that Elvis. Really. We've had enough.

#550 3 years ago
    Quoted from ataritoday:

https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/plantation/profile/wholesale-video-games/amusement-services-of-america-0633-90429527
    Only two complaints in bbb. If you just Google the company it would be difficult to get the insights you get from this thread.

Isn't the BBB kind of useless? Like what the fuck is it anyway?

It's where people left bad reviews before google. Surprised it still exists, really.

I have zero doubt Amusement Scam is still scamming fresh victims. There's a mad rush on pinball machines now among the civilians and most of them won't search ASOA here, and most of them won't even google ASOA. They'll google "pinball" and his competent, legit-looking web site will come up and they'll send him thousands of dollars. I bet they'll start trickling in here in the months to come, horrified when they come across this thread.

2 weeks later
    #563 3 years ago

We know he’s paid back some or all of the stolen money to 3 people.

Can only imagine how many dozens of others are in the same boat as above.

3 months later
    #587 2 years ago
    Quoted from Aniraf:

I received my June payment on time again. I think Jonathan is actually doing a great job of building his credibility back. He is also helping me with a Stern claim on one of the games I purchased from him.
    Again, not trying to start anything...just posting for record keeping and others out there in the same situation.

You would have to have your head examined sending him money for anything, ever again.

It's nice that he's paying people back but let's not get carried away. You'd seriously have to be a mental patient to consider sending him any additional money for any additional games at this point.

There's a other million people selling NIB pinball machines. Why take the chance?

4 weeks later
    #601 2 years ago
    Quoted from crwjumper:

I would never give Jonathan another penny. Throughout this whole ordeal he has been communicating with me and still has never admitted what he did to us. He is a very skilled con man who uses gaslighting and mixing the truth with lies to make you believe he is your friend and an honest man.
    Make no mistake. Jonathan is not a friend. He is a liar and a thief and if you send him any money you are making a big mistake. What he did he did without any regard for our personal situations. He attempted to steal over $150,000 from us. This was something that he carefully planned and executed prior to the pandemic. He gathered funds by promising to deliver pins that he had no intent to deliver to us.
    When speaking with him he acts as if he is your best friend - he is not. He is a very convincing liar and a thief. He will make you believe that he has nothing but the best intentions and gain your trust. He did this to a large part of us in the pinball community for several years and then when we all trusted him he attempted to steal a huge amount of money from us. This is the worst type of person. He shows absolutely no remorse and refuses to admit that what he did was wrong.
    I guarantee you this: If I had not written the original post, obtained a lawyer to begin legal proceedings, and threatened to put him in jail he would still have all of our money. During the last couple of years when he was stealing our money he continued to promise each of us that he would pay us back or deliver pins. But he never gave back one penny. He told us that he had so many different problems happening to him and his family as a stall tactic, but still would not return a cent. But when he realized that he could be held accountable and possibly go to jail, he suddenly found plenty of money to pay us back. His first payment to me was $12,500. This was my (our) money that he had readily available but had no intention to give back.
    He relies on his access to inside information to give us tidbits of truth mixed with lies. He is a pathological liar. He believes that he is an honest and innocent man but he has no ethics.
    In the future he will gain back the trust of many people who he has scammed before and those who do not yet know him. He may deliver pins at good savings for a few years. But after he gains trust he will steal again. A leopard never changes his spots.

Thanks for making it clear how you feel, and that you didn't allow yourself to be forced to endorse this jackass as a condition for getting paid back.

It's been said many times, but just because a few scammed Pinsiders got their money back doesn't mean everybody did. Pinside is just the tip of the iceberg and there's doubtlessly many more people who we've never heard of who were victimized in this con, likely to help pay some Pinsiders back.

You guys are lucky that Amusement Scam of America has enough to lose - a house, a family, etc. - and the resources to pay you back. My advice to this community is quite while you are far, far ahead on this one. Plenty of distributors with stellar reputations who we know won't steal your money, even if they won't tell you want you want to hear and offer to sell you games that don't exist.

#603 2 years ago
    Quoted from Mr68:

My guess is Johnathan is paying off all of his small and medium sized debts and will stiff Iceman. He took the bait, hook, line and sinker.

I still can't get over the fact that when Ice was bellowing and blustering about the forthcoming release of Alien remake 2 years ago, it was because he believed the con that ASOA had 6 of them in the shop and was testing them for imminent release. In fact, just send me money and you'll get one of the first!!!

It is kind of hilarious that this lie made it all the way through the Kaneda pipeline. I always thought Ice set him up but he really did just allow himself to get conned.

#630 2 years ago
    Quoted from Dee-Bow:

Off topic, but didn't you bet to get a tattoo if they ever released a new alien? How'd that work out?! Did u get one?

Hey sometimes you are right, sometimes you are wrong.

The main thrust of my argument - that an established pinball manufacturer such as CGC wouldn’t take on a the project - was correct.

It’s being made by some nobody startups in Italy!

The CGC lie was the one created by ASOA, and the one believed, Promoted, and bet upon by the likes of Ice.

1 year later
    #673 1 year ago
    Quoted from Yoko2una:

Welp, we found ASOA's burner account... or best bud who was in on it all... or real distant 3rd place, one of his stepping stones to build his local street cred.

It wouldn’t shock me that there are some folks who are so thankful they actually got paid back over the course of two years that they’ll shill for him.

I would think most people who have yet to enjoy the “ASOA Experience” will take that with a grain of salt.

There’s no shortage of people selling pinball machines. Why roll the dice?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/part-2-beware-of-jonathan-demare-asoa-?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.